AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Still Angry At Japan?
Are any of you chinese still angry at Japan for WWII?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 42
Guests cannot vote 
AtlantisStar
post Mar 16 2004, 10:13 PM
Post #1

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

What do you think? Please stay on topic!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Schutzstaffel
post Mar 16 2004, 10:15 PM
Post #2

AF Fan
Group Icon

Group: Banned

haha. I know most of chinese would say they want revenge. And they should go for it.... if they have a guts to do so.

This post has been edited by Schutzstaffel: Mar 16 2004, 10:15 PM

+Quote Post
AtlantisStar
post Mar 16 2004, 10:16 PM
Post #3

AF Guru
Group Icon

it has nothing to do with guts.

Material products can't be shared, they belong to some ultimate consumer; it is only the value of an idea that can be shared with unlimited numbers of men, making all sharers richer at no one's sacrifice or loss, raising the productive capacity of whatever labor they perform. It is the value of his own time that the strong of the intellect transfers to the weak, letting them work on the jobs he discovered, while devoting his time to further discoveries. This is mutual trade to mutual advantage; the interests of the mind are one, no matter what the degree of intelligence, among men who desire to work and don't seek or expect the unearned

This post has been edited by AtlantisStar: Mar 16 2004, 10:18 PM

+Quote Post
dtl88
post Mar 16 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #4

AF Fan
Group Icon

I am angry at the Japanese for their occupation of China as well as the human rights atrocities. Would the Japanese have simply apologized, I perhaps would not bear them so much resentment, but to this day, they continue to fabricate lies about what happened (e.g. the Nanjing Massacre was committed by the KMT). As for revenge, I have no intention to murder civilians, rape innocent women, behead children, cut up live humans and rip out their internal organs for biological research, or line a bunch of elderly people up against a wall to shoot them, then laugh afterwards. Doing the same as they did would only make us sink to the same barbaric level as they displayed during that time.

My slogan is, "I can forgive, but I cannot forget"

+Quote Post
DAI_VIET
post Mar 16 2004, 10:20 PM
Post #5

AF Elite
Group Icon

Well... I am Vietnamese, and I am still angry at Japan just a little bit, but nah. I forgive them because they have MXC.

So, back to the topic.

This post has been edited by DAI_VIET: Mar 16 2004, 10:20 PM

+Quote Post
AtlantisStar
post Mar 16 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #6

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (dtl88 @ Mar 16 2004, 11:19 PM)
I am angry at the Japanese for their occupation of China as well as the human rights atrocities. Would the Japanese have simply apologized, I perhaps would not bear them so much resentment, but to this day, they continue to fabricate lies about what happened (e.g. the Nanjing Massacre was committed by the KMT). As for revenge, I have no intention to murder civilians, rape innocent women, behead children, cut up live humans and rip out their internal organs for biological research, or line a bunch of elderly people up against a wall to shoot them, then laugh afterwards. Doing the same as they did would only make us sink to the same barbaric level as they displayed during that time.

the Japanese don't deny it like the Turkish to the armenians. Oh those armenians 1.5 just wanted independence and to keep their religions. cry2.gif

+Quote Post
直隸總督
post Mar 16 2004, 10:24 PM
Post #7

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (AtlantisStar @ Mar 16 2004, 11:23 PM)
QUOTE (dtl88 @ Mar 16 2004, 11:19 PM)
I am angry at the Japanese for their occupation of China as well as the human rights atrocities.  Would the Japanese have simply apologized, I perhaps would not bear them so much resentment, but to this day, they continue to fabricate lies about what happened (e.g. the Nanjing Massacre was committed by the KMT).  As for revenge, I have no intention to murder civilians, rape innocent women, behead children, cut up live humans and rip out their internal organs for biological research, or line a bunch of elderly people up against a wall to shoot them, then laugh afterwards.  Doing the same as they did would only make us sink to the same barbaric level as they displayed during that time.

the Japanese don't deny it like the Turkish to the armenians. Oh those armenians 1.5 just wanted independence and to keep their religions. cry2.gif

They deny and manipulate.

+Quote Post
AtlantisStar
post Mar 16 2004, 10:28 PM
Post #8

AF Guru
Group Icon

we can move on
Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values. Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where the gun begins.

+Quote Post
直隸總督
post Mar 16 2004, 10:30 PM
Post #9

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (AtlantisStar @ Mar 16 2004, 11:28 PM)
we can move on
Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values. Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where the gun begins.

Yes we can. We can face and solve the problem and move on. otherwise this "problem" will keep haunting us forever.

+Quote Post
AtlantisStar
post Mar 16 2004, 10:32 PM
Post #10

AF Guru
Group Icon

I want a response from the person who voted for revenge.

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Mar 16 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #11

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Sorry AS, didn't vote for revenge, but I said that I'm still a little bit angry. The current citizens of Japan are not responsible for what happened between the Japanese and the Chinese years ago, so they should not be held at such. However, it would be great if the government apologized. That doesn't seem very likely though. I'm able to forgive them, but yes, as dtl88 stated, I won't forget.

+Quote Post
AtlantisStar
post Mar 16 2004, 10:49 PM
Post #12

AF Guru
Group Icon

not a lot of gov't apologize for genocide from the past.

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Mar 16 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #13

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Yeah, so I'm not depending on that. But as of now, I do forgive them. And do not hold any grudges against the Japanese citizens now. They're not responsible. They didn't commit those atrocious acts.

+Quote Post
Ogumo
post Mar 17 2004, 07:13 AM
Post #14

AF Guru
Group Icon

Who are the ones that thirst for revenge? There are three of you atleast. Perhaps you will tell us why? Or perhaps you dont have the balls. Huaren I already know you are one of them. Surely you three are not afraid of the "Nipimps". So come and openly voice your opinions and your anger. At the same time you will give me more ammunition for my arguements.

This post has been edited by Ogumo: Mar 17 2004, 07:18 AM

+Quote Post
xiong
post Mar 17 2004, 11:04 AM
Post #15

AF Pro
Group Icon

why should we be angry of something that happen so long ago and we weren't involve in it.

+Quote Post
直隸總督
post Mar 17 2004, 11:42 AM
Post #16

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (xiong @ Mar 17 2004, 12:04 PM)
why should we be angry of something that happen so long ago and we weren't involve in it.

and I don't see why are the politicians scared to apologize for something that happened so long ago and they weren't involved in it. Both China and Japan want to move on, both want to have a much better relationship. They really do. What's dragging us back is this issue. If we simply ignore it then we'll leave a potential problem behind, and which will come back to us anytime possible. Honestly, Chinese are very sick of it already. However, they only people that can break ice are the Japanese politicians, they can choose to acknowledge the history, or keep denying it. I don't think it'll be a happy ending for both sides when you let Chinese do it.

+Quote Post
AtlantisStar
post Mar 17 2004, 03:32 PM
Post #17

AF Guru
Group Icon

I still want a response for people who chose revenge!

+Quote Post
Ogumo
post Mar 17 2004, 04:12 PM
Post #18

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (AtlantisStar @ Mar 17 2004, 04:32 PM)
I still want a response for people who chose revenge!

Not nearly as much as I do. :genius:

+Quote Post
BananaMaster
post Mar 17 2004, 04:34 PM
Post #19

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ogumo @ Mar 17 2004, 08:13 AM)
Who are the ones that thirst for revenge? There are three of you atleast. Perhaps you will tell us why? Or perhaps you dont have the balls. Huaren I already know you are one of them. Surely you three are not afraid of the "Nipimps". So come and openly voice your opinions and your anger. At the same time you will give me more ammunition for my arguements.

Huaren is just like one of those "guys" on the Chinadaily forums who put pride before anything else. Kinda scary to come to think of it. Ultra-patriotism will be the downfall of Chinese rationalism...ughhh.

Funny how time works. Back then, during the Han Dynasty, China conquered Korea and made it its "little brother." We don't see the Chinese apologizing do we? haha. Plz note that this does not mean that Japan should not apologize. In fact, I think Japan should just formerly apologize to China and get it over with. We shouldn't "force" the Japanese government to apologize, but rather gain the sympathy and respect from the Japanse ppl that such a horrendous acts did actually happen, and should be taken care of. By forcing Japan to apologize will only increase their unwillingless to apologize. Anyways, China and Japan have better things to do than beat a dead horse.

+Quote Post
AtlantisStar
post Mar 17 2004, 04:45 PM
Post #20

AF Guru
Group Icon

And at least the japanese don't deny the fact that it happened like Turks to the Armenians.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th September 2014 - 11:56 PM