AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Lee Teng-hui plans another Japan trip, And a Visit to Yasukuni Shrine too!
chynagongju
post Nov 5 2005, 11:59 PM
Post #21

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Members

China murders people these days just for being Taiwanese?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RentonWong
post Nov 6 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #22

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (chickery @ Nov 5 2005, 11:56 PM)
QUOTE (RentonWong @ Nov 5 2005, 01:58 AM)
Im glad your ancestors are proud to be tools for the imperial Japanese Army (IJA)

wow clearly you didnt read anything i said.

oh and i think when in this day in age that taiwanese people are being murdered in china for the sole purpose of being taiwanese, someone like you should re-think criticizing another country for mistreating taiwan.

QUOTE (chynagongju @ Nov 5 2005, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (chickery @ Nov 4 2005, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (chynagongju @ Nov 4 2005, 06:27 PM)
QUOTE (chickery @ Nov 4 2005, 04:52 PM)
QUOTE (RentonWong @ Nov 4 2005, 04:16 PM)
Do you know the significance of the Yasukuni Shrine?

If not, it is ok because you are only taiwanese-AMERICAN. (NOTE emphasis of American)

uh huh.

id say sorry, but since my taiwanese-AMERICAN has actually BEEN to the shrine, no thanks.

since you didnt know, its ok since you are only chinese-CANADIAN. (NOTE emphasis of Canadian)

icon_confused.gif What did you do at the shrine?

LTH going to Japan to visit the Yasukuni Shrine is a bad thing. Even if he's a former leader. Perhaps especially because he is a former leader. The symbolism behind the PM of Japan's visits to YS is honoring war criminals from WWII. Bad stuff is LTH also wants to do the same.

How and why is his brother entombed at YS anyways?

YSis also a place that the Taiwanese feel strongly compelled to go to~ they believe many ancestors are housed there and frequently, Taiwanese groups along with Japanese groups go to plea for peace.

BTW i went there to observe the contraversy of the architecture as compared to the current events.

Shouldn't the Taiwanese protest for the remains of their ancestors to be returned to Taiwan instead of being stored in Japan? I heard that many aborigine groups do protest for this.

They go to plea for peace? What do you mean? If you want to plea for peace, that would not be the place to go.

when they go there, the do so to perform rituals that they believe will bring back their ancestors to taiwan.

Right...praying in a War Shrine to bring them back? I know of groups who have protested to physically bring their remains back to their Taiwanese families. Since when are Taiwanese businessmen murdered in China for being Chinese? Where are your sources? embarassedlaugh.gif2

+Quote Post
chickery
post Nov 6 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #23

AF Pro
Group Icon

@chynagongju i can tell you over the phone....

lets just say, its pretty mortifying.

renton, even if i told you, would you belive me? would that change your opinion? i doubt it. and when did i say businessmen? i see twisting my words is one of your strengths.

This post has been edited by chickery: Nov 6 2005, 12:03 AM

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Nov 6 2005, 12:01 AM
Post #24

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE (chickery @ Nov 5 2005, 11:00 PM)
i can tell you over the phone....

Somehow it's not very believeable. If it honestly was happening simply because they're Taiwanese, I'm sure the media would get a big bite out of it. Sources?

+Quote Post
RentonWong
post Nov 6 2005, 12:02 AM
Post #25

AF Pro
Group Icon

You are digging yourself in a hole...

228 was in Taiwan and it pales in comparison to what the IJA did in Korea, China, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Nov 6 2005, 12:02 AM
Post #26

AF Supreme
Group Icon

^Dude. She's not supporting the IJA.

+Quote Post
chickery
post Nov 6 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #27

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (chynagongju @ Nov 6 2005, 12:01 AM)

Somehow it's not very believeable. If it honestly was happening simply because they're Taiwanese, I'm sure the media would get a big bite out of it. Sources?

like i said, ill tell you over the phone.

+Quote Post
RentonWong
post Nov 6 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #28

AF Pro
Group Icon

No but she thinks 228 was the worst thing to happen in the whole wide world...which is not exactly true

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Nov 6 2005, 12:14 AM
Post #29

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE (chickery @ Nov 5 2005, 11:04 PM)
QUOTE (chynagongju @ Nov 6 2005, 12:01 AM)

like i said, ill tell you over the phone.

Why don't you just post it? confused.gif

Mortifying as in embarassing?

QUOTE (RentonWong @ Nov 5 2005, 11:04 PM)
No but she thinks 228 was the worst thing to happen in the whole wide world...which is not exactly true

What is 228. Sorry for the ignorance.

I don't think she ever said it was the worst thing to happen in the whole wide world.

+Quote Post
chickery
post Nov 6 2005, 12:29 AM
Post #30

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (RentonWong @ Nov 6 2005, 12:04 AM)

um.

when did i say that?

QUOTE (chynagongju @ Nov 6 2005, 12:14 AM)

alright fine~

when i went to hangzhou, we went to stay at qiandao lake at the beach house, but they hid this from me because they thought id be too freaked out to go.

at qiandao lake a group of taiwanese tourists were beaten, robbed and murdered then thrown into the lake for the sole reason of being taiwanese.

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Nov 6 2005, 12:30 AM
Post #31

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE (chickery @ Nov 5 2005, 11:29 PM)
QUOTE (RentonWong @ Nov 6 2005, 12:04 AM)

um.

when did i say that?

QUOTE (chynagongju @ Nov 6 2005, 12:14 AM)

alright fine~

when i went to hangzhou, we went to stay at qiandao lake at the beach house, but they hid this from me because they thought id be too freaked out to go.

at qiandao lake a group of taiwanese tourists were beaten, robbed and murdered then thrown into the lake for the sole reason of being taiwanese.

And who did this? Does this have to do with the government? Or is it just some crazy people who did it? That's the sole reason? Or did they want the money/rob them for stuff?

+Quote Post
RentonWong
post Nov 6 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #32

AF Pro
Group Icon

where is the source that said it was a "hate" crime and not just a crime based on greed?

the hole is getting deeper...

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Nov 6 2005, 12:35 AM
Post #33

AF Supreme
Group Icon

^Could you explain what 228 is? Thank you!

+Quote Post
chickery
post Nov 6 2005, 12:42 AM
Post #34

AF Pro
Group Icon

the source?

well, considering that the locals at qiandao all acknowledge it as a hate crime, i'd say words from the people that live there at least give an accurate description of their attitude.

http://it.stlawu.edu/~govt/376ReservesDreyer.html

if you look at the footnotes of this article, you will see the incident im referring to.

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Nov 6 2005, 12:46 AM
Post #35

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE (chickery @ Nov 5 2005, 11:42 PM)
the source?

well, considering that the locals at qiandao all acknowledge it as a hate crime, i'd say words from the people that live there at least give an accurate description of their attitude.

if you look at the footnotes of this article, you will see the incident im referring to.

If it was strictly a hate crime, they wouldn't have stolen their money and stuff I think. Who did it btw? Just a random group? That doesn't categorize all of China at all.

+Quote Post
chickery
post Nov 6 2005, 01:00 AM
Post #36

AF Pro
Group Icon

^it doesnt categorize all of china, i completely agree! (as alan was saying as well btw lol) and he said that all of the people who commited the crime are now in jail, but i didnt get an orginazation or group name from him. i googled it and one newspaper said it was chinese soldiers, but im not going to jump to that conclusion.

but still, this is an example of rather recent incidents between china & taiwan which have shaken the grounds between the two. renton seems to think that taiwan is a "joke" & TIers are fighting for a pointless cause, but its not as if a TIer is against unification for no reason. he especially tries to take relations between Taiwan & Japan out of context to further the chinese misconception of TIers beliefs.

in another one of his recent topics, he lables taiwan as "loving hitler" when in fact the KMT created a commercial comparing ABien with Hitler, saying that the tyrannical rule needed to end. It was NOT the DDPs own commercial and NEITHER party was putting Hitler in a positive light, yet renton completely disregarded this and instead linked a Jewish organization's letter of protest to taiwan, without the actual SOURCE of the commercial.

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Nov 6 2005, 01:06 AM
Post #37

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Hmm I see.

Have there been any hate crimes against Mainlanders in Taiwan?

Taiwan and Japan relations, LTH esp, is not a good image to feed to Mainlanders about Taiwan.

+Quote Post
chickery
post Nov 6 2005, 01:16 AM
Post #38

AF Pro
Group Icon

donno~ havent heard of any recently (thats not to say it hasnt ever happened)

LTH comes from a certain generation of Taiwanese, and their mentality towards Japan is really hard to explain.

+Quote Post
bobX
post Nov 6 2005, 01:41 AM
Post #39

AF Geek
Group Icon

Most 70 to 80 year olds are like that. During their time, they saw Japan "modernize" Taiwan by building roads, schools, hospitals, and rail roads.

Now very few people share LTH's degree of fondness toward Japan.

Remember LTH is a 80 year old, not all his ideologies and opinions are shared by the majority of the people in Taiwan.

This post has been edited by bobX: Nov 6 2005, 01:44 AM

+Quote Post
bobX
post Nov 6 2005, 02:01 AM
Post #40

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (chickery @ Nov 6 2005, 12:42 AM)

When KMT landed and claimed Taiwan as a base, many locals resisted. Many were used to not having a central government after a long period of negligence.

Soldiers came to villages and massacred families that were suspected in the "rebellion movement"

Some d!cks at that time would try to used this time of chaos to their advantage; they ratted on these who they disliked and the KMT secret police would pay the person a visit and take him/her away.

This post has been edited by bobX: Nov 6 2005, 02:05 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 12:17 PM