AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
China is the most Geographical diversed country, In the whole of Asia.A Geography lesson
Ren wuying
post Nov 19 2005, 11:10 PM
Post #1

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Banned

China is vast land covers from sub-arctic north to tropical south,dry-desert land in the west to the ocean east,from the forrest land of northest to the highest mountain in the southwest .

Background Information
Vast Territory

China is situated in the eastern part of Asia, on the west coast of the Pacific Ocean. It is the third largest country in the world (after Canada and Russia). China has a total land area of 9.6 million squares kilometers.

The distance from east to west measures over 5,200 kilometers, and from north to south, over 5,500 kilometers. When the sun shines brightly over the Wusuli River in the east, the Pamire Plateau in the west is in the very early morning. When blizzards wrap the north along the Helongjiang River in the winter, spring sowing is under way on Hainan Island in the south.

China has a land border of 22,143.34 kilometers long and is bordered by twelve countries: Korea in the east; Russian in the northeast and the northwest; Mongolia in the north; India, Pakistan, Bhutan and Nepal in part of the west and southwest; Burma, Laos and Vietnam in the south. Here is anAsian map.

Besides a vast land area, there are also extensive neighboring seas and numerous island. The coastline extends more than 14.500 kilometers. Across the East China Sea to the east, and South China Sea to the southeast, are Japan, the Philippians, Malaysia, and Indonesia. More than 5,000 islands are scattered over China's vast territorial seas, the largest being Taiwan and the second largest, Hainan. One territorial sea and three neighboring seas altogether constitute 4.73 million square kilometers.

a map of china

The Geography of China

east asia

Mountainous Topography

China is a mountainous country, with two-thirds of its total land area covered by mountains, hills and plateaus. Out of the world's twelve high peaks of more than 8,000 meters, seven are located in China.

The Highest peak in the world, Mount Qomolangma (8,828m) stands on the border between China and Nepal.

There are five major mountain systems in China. These mountain systems, together with numerous intermontane plateaus, basins, and plains are interwoven into three macrolandform complexes in China.

Therefore, the topography of China from the Qinghai-Xizang Plateau eastward, is broadly arranged into four great steps descending step- by-step from the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau to the coastal area in the east.

The Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, the top of the staircase, covers 2.2 million square kilometers and averages 4,000 meters above sea level. It is the highest and largest plateau on earth and is popularly called "roof of the world".

From the eastern margin of Qinghai-Xizang Plateau eastward up to the Da Hinggan-Taihang-Wushan mountains line, composed mainly of plateau and basins with elevation from 2,000 to 1,000 kilometers.
From the above-mentioned line eastward up to the coast are the largest plains of China. The plains are also interspersed with hills generally below 500 kilometers in elevation.
The continental shelf, with an elevation that is generally less than 200 kilometers.

Rivers and Lakes

China has a great number of rivers. The inland river system accounts for 36 per cent of the total land area in China. more than 1,500 square kilometers of which have a catchment area exceeding 1,000 square kilometers.

Among these, the Yangtze River, Yellow River, Heilongjiang River, Pearl River, and Huaihe River are the major ones.
The Yangtze River is the longest river in China and the third longest in the world. it has a total length of 6,300 kilometer and a drainage area of more than 1,800,00 square kilometers. it is an arterial waterway connection such important cities as Shanghai, Nanjing, Wuhan, and Chongqing.

The yellow river is the second longest river in China. It has a total length of 5,464 kilometers. On its banks lie Lanzhou, Baotou, Zhengzhou, Jinan and other important cities. The yellow river Valley is considered the cradle of Chinese civilization.

China is also a country with numerous lakes. , approximately 2,800 natural lakes with total area more than 80,000 square kilometers. Five major lake regions can be identified:

The Northern lake Region
The Northwester Lake Region
The Qinghai-Xizang lake Region
The Eastern Lake Region
The Southwest Lake Region

Climate

The climate of China is extremely diverse; tropical in the south to subarctic in the north.

Monsoon winds, caused by differences in the heat-absorbing capacity of the continent and the ocean, dominate the climate. Alternating seasonal air-mass movements and accompanying winds are moist in summer and dry in winter. The advance and retreat of the monsoons account in large degree for the timing of the rainy season and the amount of rainfall throughout the country. Tremendous differences in latitude, longitude, and altitude give rise to sharp variations in precipitation and temperature within China. Although most of the country lies in the temperate belt, its climatic patterns are complex.

China's northernmost point lies along the Heilong Jiang in Heilongjiang Province in the cold-temperate zone; its southernmost point, Hainan Island, has a tropical climate. Temperature differences in winter are great, but in summer the diversity is considerably less. For example, the northern portions of Heilongjiang Province experience an average January mean temperature of below 0C, and the reading may drop to minus 30C; the average July mean in the same area may exceed 20 C. By contrast, the central and southern parts of Guangdong Province experience an average January temperature of above 10 C, while the July mean is about 28 C.

Precipitation varies regionally even more than temperature. China south of the Qin Ling experiences abundant rainfall, most of it coming with the summer monsoons. To the north and west of the range, however, rainfall is uncertain. The farther north and west one moves, the scantier and more uncertain it becomes. The northwest has the lowest annual rainfall in the country and no precipitation at all in its desert areas.

Natural resources
coal, iron ore, petroleum, natural gas, mercury, tin, tungsten, antimony, manganese, molybdenum, vanadium, magnetite, aluminium, lead, zinc, uranium, hydropower potential (world's largest)

Land use:
arable land: 10%
permanent crops: 0%
permanent pastures: 43%
forests and woodland: 14%
other: 33% (1993 est.)

Irrigated land: 498,720 km (1993 est.)

Wildlife
China lies in two of the world's major zoogeographic regions, the Palearctic and the Oriental. The Qing Zang Plateau (Tibetan Plateau), Xinjiang and Nei Monggol (Inner Mongolia) autonomous regions, northeastern China, and all areas north of the Huang He are in the Palearctic region. Central, southern, and southwest China lie in the Oriental region. In the Palearctic zone are found such important mammals as the river fox, horse, camel, tapir, mouse hare, hamster, and jerboa. Among the species found in the Oriental region are the civet cat, Chinese pangolin, bamboo rat, tree shrew, and also gibbon and various other species of monkeys and apes. Some overlap exists between the two regions because of natural dispersal and migration, and deer or antelope, bears, wolves, pigs, and rodents are found in all of the diverse climatic and geological environments. The famous giant panda is found only in a limited area along the Chang Jiang.

This post has been edited by Ren wuying: Nov 19 2005, 11:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ren wuying
post Nov 20 2005, 01:23 AM
Post #2

AF Addict
Group Icon

gobi desert

taklamakan desert

tianshan

+Quote Post
Ren wuying
post Nov 20 2005, 01:44 AM
Post #3

AF Addict
Group Icon

the ice city of harbin

xinjiang

lake karakul

guilin

+Quote Post
DetunedRadio
post Nov 20 2005, 02:23 AM
Post #4

AF Elite
Group Icon

im sorry ren wuyan bowdown.gif bowdown.gif

i've only been to chinese cities mainly and only a few tourist sites. excuse me for my ignorance

+Quote Post
StephenDedalusFr...
post Nov 20 2005, 10:08 AM
Post #5

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

pfft.

Even this China-bashing Vietnamese ethnic Chinese American knows more about China than you.

icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
康师傅
post Nov 20 2005, 11:20 AM
Post #6

AF Pro
Group Icon

kinei china ...
beautiful China..so pretty

+Quote Post
Johannjs
post Nov 23 2005, 05:51 PM
Post #7

AF Pro
Group Icon

Hi Bro, more photos please!

and... Say Thank You to Genghis Khan! -thumb

+Quote Post
battleship
post Nov 23 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #8

AF Fiend
Group Icon

nice pictures!!
however, you are quite wrong when you say the largest island is Taiwan. Taiwan is not a part of china.
In fact, the quin empire a long time ago mass murdered all his neighbors and forced the remaining surviors to speak mandarin. This is how china got to be so big. New china and old china is exactly the same. even today, china is still at it again trying to mass murder another group of neighbors (Taiwan). hey, nothing ever changes , that is for sure.

+Quote Post
shashoujian
post Nov 23 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #9

AF Pro
Group Icon

No, they speak Mandarin because 98% of Taiwanese are CHINESE, idiot. Besides, Taiwan IS a part of China.

+Quote Post
supernovasp
post Nov 23 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #10

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: AF Forum Police

not surprising because China is big. Small countries with diverse geographies are more interesting

+Quote Post
battleship
post Nov 23 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #11

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (shashoujian @ Nov 23 2005, 09:13 PM)
No, they speak Mandarin because 98% of Taiwanese are CHINESE, idiot. Besides, Taiwan IS a part of China.

United states is independent from england.
finland is independent from russia.
beligum is independent from france.
Taiwan is independent from china, has been for the past 400 years, and it is the KMT for mass murdered 25,000 of the local taiwanese and forced everyone in taiwan to speak mandarin.
hey, let me ask you. did china created the pacific ocean?
did china use a bulldozer under the pacific ocean and scoop up soil to form the island of Taiwan? No china did not.
did china use a large crane to shape all the mountains and rivers in taiwan? no china did not. did china plant all the 10 trillion trees in taiwan? no china did not. therefore, china has no authorization to claim Taiwan.
we taiwanese built all the buildings, houses, business, democratic government, and judical systems in taiwan. did china give us any money to build anything in taiwan? no china did not. therefore, taiwan belongs to taiwanese.
50,000 years ago, before modern humans walked the earth. the island of taiwan already existed. and 50,000 years later when all human are extincted on earth. the island of taiwan will still be here.
you need to grow up and stop playing tribal warfare, you mainland chinese are such a primitive race of people.

+Quote Post
BigBenChow
post Nov 23 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #12

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (battleship @ Nov 23 2005, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (shashoujian @ Nov 23 2005, 09:13 PM)

United states is independent from england.
finland is independent from russia.
beligum is independent from france.
Taiwan is independent from china, has been for the past 400 years, and it is the KMT for mass murdered 25,000 of the local taiwanese and forced everyone in taiwan to speak mandarin.
hey, let me ask you. did china created the pacific ocean?
did china use a bulldozer under the pacific ocean and scoop up soil to form the island of Taiwan? No china did not.
did china use a large crane to shape all the mountains and rivers in taiwan? no china did not. did china plant all the 10 trillion trees in taiwan? no china did not. therefore, china has no authorization to claim Taiwan.
we taiwanese built all the buildings, houses, business, democratic government, and judical systems in taiwan. did china give us any money to build anything in taiwan? no china did not. therefore, taiwan belongs to taiwanese.
50,000 years ago, before modern humans walked the earth. the island of taiwan already existed. and 50,000 years later when all human are extincted on earth. the island of taiwan will still be here.
you need to grow up and stop playing tribal warfare, you mainland chinese are such a primitive race of people.

You are pretty dumb for a 38 year old!! hahhaha. Did Taiwanese use bulldozers to scoop up soil to make Taiwan? So according to your logic, the island of Taiwan doesn't belong to the taiwanese as well!!

38 years old... embarassedlaugh.gif2
http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52862

+Quote Post
battleship
post Nov 23 2005, 10:11 PM
Post #13

AF Fiend
Group Icon

that is right, big ben chow, little kid. china did not use a bulldozer under the ocean to scoop up soil to form taiwan. We taiwanese built everything in taiwan, and thus we own taiwan.
and all this time you thought you could defeat me. ha ha ha. hey, i will give you a good long spanking and a s s whopping and send you home to your mommy crying.

+Quote Post
BigBenChow
post Nov 23 2005, 10:14 PM
Post #14

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (battleship @ Nov 23 2005, 11:11 PM)
that is right, big ben chow, little kid.  china did not use a bulldozer under the ocean to scoop up soil to form taiwan. We taiwanese built everything in taiwan, and thus we own taiwan.
and all this time you thought you could defeat me. ha ha ha.  hey, i will give you a good long spanking and a s s whopping and send you home to your mommy crying.

You just don't get it do you. Please think before you post. IN your previous post, you claim that China didn't scoop Taiwan from the bottom of the ocean. Taiwanese didn't too, so I'm asking you what makes you think Taiwanese own the island. No Battleship, you didn't build anything. In fact China did, look on the labels, everything in Taiwan is MADE IN CHINA! So, by your logic, CHINA owns Taiwan since we made everything there. You are nothing. Go hide with your parents in the states are stop pretending to be harda$$. Becuse for a 38 year old you need to worry about your colestrol instead.

Your pretty dumb for a 38 year old. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by BigBenChow: Nov 23 2005, 10:17 PM

+Quote Post
battleship
post Nov 23 2005, 10:16 PM
Post #15

AF Fiend
Group Icon

by the way, didn't i told you many times that i have a full time job, and family to take care of? and i have the ability to get my sniper rifle and night vision scope and take out PLA and KMT soldiers in taiwan, when the action gets started!!
hey, i do love your 18 year old girls from china, they are the best. and there are sooooo many of them. and very eager too, for only 20 dollars.
hey, big ben chow, lets go at it a few more rounds. little boy. anytime you like, i will be right here.

+Quote Post
BigBenChow
post Nov 23 2005, 10:19 PM
Post #16

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (battleship @ Nov 23 2005, 11:16 PM)
by the way, didn't i told you many times that i have a full time job, and family to take care of? and i have the ability to get my sniper rifle and night vision scope and take out PLA and KMT soldiers in taiwan, when the action gets started!!
hey, i do love your 18 year old girls from china, they are the best. and there are sooooo many of them. and very eager too, for only 20 dollars.
hey, big ben chow, lets go at it a few more rounds. little boy.  anytime you like, i will be right here.

WOW! you have a full time job. No one on earth has that... You are so special now. Trust me, you better have a full time job, because if a 38 year old doesn't you are pretty sad. Yes, I like Chinese girls too. Can't say the same for those Taiwan hos tho.

your 38 years old and your talking shiet with me?. hilarious... go look after your wife and tell your son to not be a faggot pu$$Y like you. I wouldn't want my dad to run to the states like you! Disgracefull. Stop acting tough and send your son to the taiwanese military. NO Why not? Scared? PLease, if you are too much of a pu$$y to do anything, just be quiet.

This post has been edited by BigBenChow: Nov 23 2005, 10:21 PM

+Quote Post
battleship
post Nov 23 2005, 10:19 PM
Post #17

AF Fiend
Group Icon

china made what?? cheap plastic junk from walmart that cost under 3 dollars?
hey, we taiwanese built all the buildings, houses, businesses, democratic governments. did china give taiwan any money to build buildings, houses? NO, of course NOT. they can't even feed all their own 1 billion villagers.
are all the mainlander and KMT as dumb as you? or dumber?

+Quote Post
BigBenChow
post Nov 23 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #18

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (battleship @ Nov 23 2005, 11:19 PM)
hey, we taiwanese built all the buildings, houses, businesses, democratic governments. did china give taiwan any money to build buildings, houses? NO, of course NOT. they can't even feed all their own 1 billion villagers.

You made the buildings? Is that why all the buildings fell down during the quake? You are pretty stupid for a 38 year old. The very computer you are typing on is made in China. Your wife is made in China. icon_rolleyes.gif Why would China give money to Taiwan to build a building in Taiwan? please think!

Hilarious, a 38 year old trash talking...sounds more like a 15 year old trying to be tough.

This post has been edited by BigBenChow: Nov 23 2005, 10:26 PM

+Quote Post
battleship
post Nov 23 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #19

AF Fiend
Group Icon

taiwan hos won't be going out with cheap 3 dollar mainlander like yourself, that is for sure! since you don't even have a job, and can't afford a 2 dollar hoe from china, you better start using your right hand to get your faggot jollies. and i bet my two sons are older than you and can give you a good a s s whopping.
blah, blah, blah, blah, same to you too!!

+Quote Post
battleship
post Nov 23 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #20

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (BigBenChow @ Nov 23 2005, 10:23 PM)
QUOTE (battleship @ Nov 23 2005, 11:19 PM)

You made the buildings? Is that why all the buildings fell down during the quake? You are pretty stupid for a 38 year old. The very computer you are typing on is made in China. Your wife is made in China. icon_rolleyes.gif

Hilarious, a 38 year old trash talking...sounds more like a 15 year old trying to be something you are not.

yeah, i was wondering why those made in china cd players and computers keep breaking down after one week of use, and now you are making fun of mainland chinese girls too? at least i can afford a mainland chinese girls. hey, who are you banging .. african girls that cost 25 cents per hour???
ha ha ha!!!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th September 2014 - 07:59 PM