Do you think Angkor Wat....
transtic
post Jan 16 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #21

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

Point Dextor is the closest.

Angkor Wat was actually the monument of the great race of ancient Uranuslings. In the year 1400, earth years that is, those Uranolings fell under the power of close neighouring planets. They decided to evacuate their best, on the way to their new home, they dropped many objects from their shuttles, one of which was the Angkor Wat and it's complexes, they fell all over Southeast Asia.. in the Khmer Empire. What was strange was the fact that the carvings depicted many scenes that were strikingly similar to the reallife events of the Angkorian kingdom. TRUE STORY YA'LL!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Point_Dexter
post Jan 16 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #22

AF Pro
Group Icon

I now believe it was an outpost(top level) for the Preditor Aliens, after seeing that "Preditor Vs. Alien. Movie. Alogn eith the Pyramidss and machu pichu. Theres a metropolitian under there.

Or maybe its a place built by Atlantians 40,000 years ago to hold the time travling orb, based on the Tomb_Raider Movie.

Or maybe it was built by the Khoms who are different from the Khamens, according to old Thai History Books.

Or maybe it was built by Giants, according to Khmer Fairy Tale before it became a French Archeilogical site.

+Quote Post
chanthhha
post Jan 17 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #23

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (ncguy @ Dec 28 2005, 09:22 PM)
Do you think Angkor Wat could've been built by Khmers.  I meant how can khmers built such sophisticated structure?  I think it must have been built by the indians.  what do you guys think? 

No flame please....

embarassedlaugh.gif  embarassedlaugh.gif

I think you are definitely dreaming, living in another planet or collected insufficient knowledge of khmer history.

There are adequate supporting texts, facts, evidences that discovered by many explorers in the earliers centuries.

There are many texts issued in Cambodia and abroads. Therefore, there are plenty of books to review. You are literally guessing.

A matter of not understanding Khmer History, as a result of not clearly viewing the texts, you would not believed that KHMER could built something magnificent.

It's abite of mystery, I think, but nonetheless without a doubt Khmer built Ankor Wat.

+Quote Post
jompa
post Jan 22 2006, 04:53 AM
Post #24

AF Geek
Group Icon

This is obviously a very rediculous thread and should not even get this much attention. IF you are really interested in knowing the "Truth" than do some research and reading. There are many article this topic. Many research and archaelogical studies have been done and it has been PROVEN that Khmers are the builders. If your egotiscal and racist mind cannot accept that fact, than it's your problem to deal with!! icon_rolleyes.gif

REALLY, please go read, instead of starting flaming racial wars online!!!

If you really don't believe than just go to Cambodia and you will see people who actually know how to carve, whether it be from wood or stone. The skills have been carried for many centuries...from our ancestors.

Now, take your racist mind and go else where!!!!!!!

Thank You.

Jompa

+Quote Post
AUSSIE4RENT
post Feb 8 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #25

AF Geek
Group Icon

i can't even imagine how dumb the thread starter is embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif

This post has been edited by AUSSIE4RENT: Feb 8 2006, 02:29 AM

+Quote Post
splendid_season
post Feb 8 2006, 04:52 AM
Post #26

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (Point_Dexter @ Jan 17 2006, 11:23 AM)
I now believe it was an outpost(top level) for the Preditor Aliens, after seeing that "Preditor Vs. Alien. Movie.  Alogn eith the Pyramidss and machu pichu.  Theres a metropolitian under there.

Or maybe its a place built by Atlantians 40,000 years ago to hold the time travling orb, based on the Tomb_Raider Movie.

Or maybe it was built by the Khoms who are different from the Khamens, according to old Thai History Books.

Or maybe it was built by Giants, according to Khmer Fairy Tale before it became a French Archeilogical site.

haha embarassedlaugh.gif2

That was a dumb question. That's the first time I've encountered anyone (in this day and age) questioning whether or the Khmers built Angkor Wat.

+Quote Post
chosenone22
post Feb 10 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #27

AF Pro
Group Icon

I was built by Khmers. Maybe some of the engineers and architects were Indian or Indian educated Khmers. But most definately Khmer labor. So they built it. =)

+Quote Post
Sovanna Phoum
post Apr 5 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #28

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Point_Dexter @ Jan 16 2006, 10:23 PM) *
I now believe it was an outpost(top level) for the Preditor Aliens, after seeing that "Preditor Vs. Alien. Movie. Alogn eith the Pyramidss and machu pichu. Theres a metropolitian under there.

I think Angkor Wat was brilliantly built by the Preditors. Hehehehehehe biggthumpup.gif

QUOTE (ncguy @ Dec 28 2005, 09:22 PM) *
Do you think Angkor Wat could've been built by Khmers. I meant how can khmers built such sophisticated structure? I think it must have been built by the indians. what do you guys think?

No flame please....

embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif

I would say that only the ignorants would not know that the Angkor Wat and Angkor Complex were built by the Khmer. Please go and re-educate.

+Quote Post
kown_chma
post Apr 26 2006, 05:18 AM
Post #29

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(AUSSIE4RENT @ Feb 8 2006, 02:29 AM) [snapback]1533327[/snapback]

i can't even imagine how dumb the thread starter is embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif

I'll second that.

On the sarcastic note, Angkor Wat was actually built by a bunch of space monkeys that were enslaved by the evil monkey Majojo. Majojo ruled the empire for many years until the Vietnam princess merry him and produce little monkeys that build more temples.

Why do you think there are so many monkeys in Seam Reap?

That made as much sense as this thread icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by kown_chma: Apr 26 2006, 07:35 AM

+Quote Post
sombattJeat
post Apr 29 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

YES. biggthumpup.gif Khmers capable of doing anything. On the other hand, all the scupture on the Angkor wall can't be conclude that it is Indian. The indroduction of Hinduism then Buddhism is the main religion in Kampuchea, therefore, those kings built such sophisticated structure to honor on what they belive. So i think religion is playing an important role. not the indian. icon_smile.gif

QUOTE(ncguy @ Dec 28 2005, 10:22 PM) [snapback]1398607[/snapback]

Do you think Angkor Wat could've been built by Khmers. I meant how can khmers built such sophisticated structure? I think it must have been built by the indians. what do you guys think?

No flame please....

+Quote Post
dooma
post Apr 30 2006, 12:33 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Banned

Why don't Khmers use their architecture skills and experiences to build modern buildings? Khmers buildings and infrastructure are pathetic looking.

+Quote Post
AEROFORCE1
post Apr 30 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #32

AF Elite
Group Icon

I think they can Khmae is d master in tame Elephant as I know about Khmae surin.
they use these tame elephant to drag d big stone ,perhaps they use an elephant to drag d boat that is carrying stone.

This post has been edited by AEROFORCE1: Apr 30 2006, 07:09 AM

+Quote Post
Chickens
post Apr 30 2006, 01:51 AM
Post #33

AF Geek
Group Icon

Yea elephant help a lot, and use crane technology to lift stones up. Cranes have been around for thousands of years. It's not a real secret technology. Everyone used it to build big buildings long ago, and they still use it to build big buildings now. All those skyscrapers built using the same basic crane technology as thousands of years ago. Only difference is they are now mechanised.

Angkor Wat needs more publicity. It looks way kewler than Roman Colosseum, Athenian Acropolis, and stuff like that. I think it'd be kewler if modern Southeast Asian buildings incorporated more of the traditional Southeast Asian architectural aspects or motifs. The Petronas Towers of Malaysia in a way look kind of like it does.

Taipei 101 in Taiwan looks like a bamboo tree decorated with Chinese motifs on it's base. American governmental buildings are designed to look like Ancient Greek Buildings. No need for Southeast Asia to be shy at this point in time hahaha.

This post has been edited by Chickens: Apr 30 2006, 02:33 AM

+Quote Post
Sovann
post Apr 30 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #34

AF Pro
Group Icon

"Do you think Angkor Wat could've been built by Khmers. I meant how can khmers built such sophisticated structure? I think it must have been built by the indians. what do you guys think?

No flame please...."

good god! it's all lies! i built angkor wat Talktohand.gif

+Quote Post
Point_Dexter
post Apr 30 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #35

AF Pro
Group Icon

Elephants were the Tractors of that time.

Theres even a new theory arising that the Baray/Moats were not ment for irragations(proven by SAT Scans) but rather a docking staion for huge stones, where workers transport and transform the rock. When I was swimming in the barays i notice the water was pure and clear due to the sandy bottom. That sand on the bottom can only be found in the baray. If that sandy bottom is the granulated byproduct of the stones from Phnom Kulen, then the theory of Baray Stone docking could be true. This makes sense because during Angkorian times, water highways transportation was more effiecnt then dry roads.

+Quote Post
Sovanna Phoum
post May 5 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #36

AF Fiend
Group Icon

Learning more about Angkor Wat by watching these videos at this site:

Click here

+Quote Post
Super Khmer
post May 7 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #37

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(ncguy @ Dec 29 2005, 02:22 PM) [snapback]1398607[/snapback]

No flame please....

Your topic really make me sick. Trying to put down the Khmer race. Angkor was built by Khmer King and if Indian did built them, they would have been in the middle of New Delhi.

QUOTE(dooma @ Apr 30 2006, 05:33 PM) [snapback]1804371[/snapback]

Why don't Khmers use their architecture skills and experiences to build modern buildings? Khmers buildings and infrastructure are pathetic looking.

As I know Angkor wat is a religious structure. Would Angkor style look good in modern building? I don't think so. Have you been to Cambodia? Before you let any $hit come out from your mouth, use you eyes.

+Quote Post
kown_chma
post May 8 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #38

AF Addict
Group Icon

I told you its those goddamn space monkeys!!

+Quote Post
Dara
post May 8 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #39

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(Point_Dexter @ Apr 30 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]1806212[/snapback]

Elephants were the Tractors of that time.

Theres even a new theory arising that the Baray/Moats were not ment for irragations(proven by SAT Scans) but rather a docking staion for huge stones, where workers transport and transform the rock. When I was swimming in the barays i notice the water was pure and clear due to the sandy bottom. That sand on the bottom can only be found in the baray. If that sandy bottom is the granulated byproduct of the stones from Phnom Kulen, then the theory of Baray Stone docking could be true. This makes sense because during Angkorian times, water highways transportation was more effiecnt then dry roads.

Are there any leeches in the water?

+Quote Post
Point_Dexter
post May 9 2006, 11:39 PM
Post #40

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dara @ May 8 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]1831650[/snapback]

Are there any leeches in the water?

Nope, clear all the way to the bottom.