What are Filipinos Views on Japanese?
TakTAk-Boy
post Mar 21 2006, 09:57 PM
Post #21

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE (filipinoy @ Mar 21 2006, 09:48 PM) *
they should start teaching how brutal the Americans are, especially during the Filipino-American war

if you do that..you get labeled a communist. icon_confused.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MightyCrown
post Mar 21 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #22

AF Geek
Group Icon

So some of filipinos still hate japanese? Its too bad. Im sorry about the old military invaded and caused war and violence. But japanese dont do that anymore and hate war and violence. Just want to be friends and learn about your culture thats all. peace

+Quote Post
TakTAk-Boy
post Mar 21 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #23

AF Pro
Group Icon

there are somethings i like and dislike bout japanese but i dont go out of my way to hate or praise them.

This post has been edited by TakTAk-Boy: Mar 21 2006, 10:48 PM

+Quote Post
filipinoy
post Mar 21 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #24

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (MightyCrown @ Mar 21 2006, 09:02 PM) *
So some of filipinos still hate japanese? Its too bad. Im sorry about the old military invaded and caused war and violence. But japanese dont do that anymore and hate war and violence. Just want to be friends and learn about your culture thats all. peace

thx for killing my great grandfather thumbsdown.gif

+Quote Post
lotuswarp
post Mar 22 2006, 01:48 AM
Post #25

AF Fan
Group Icon

where's the love y'all? my grandma lived through WWII when teh japanese invaded and she experienced the atrocities that happened but now she's forgiven them and no longer has hatred toward them. every country does something stupid and in return other people suffer but if we continue to hate then this entire world is doomed to an early demise. just my opinion.

+Quote Post
MightyCrown
post Mar 22 2006, 06:08 AM
Post #26

AF Geek
Group Icon

You have a very beautiful country, friendly people and very delicious foods. Mabuhay ang kaibigang pilipino! beerchug.gif.

Hope you forgive Japanese, just want to be friends. Peace victory.gif

+Quote Post
santoloco
post Mar 22 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #27

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (MightyCrown @ Mar 22 2006, 06:08 AM) *
You have a very beautiful country, friendly people and very delicious foods. Mabuhay ang kaibigang pilipino! beerchug.gif.

Hope you forgive Japanese, just want to be friends. Peace victory.gif

i 4give yo!!

+Quote Post
JMAC
post Mar 22 2006, 11:12 AM
Post #28

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Domo Arigato Doctor Roboto

+Quote Post
R3M1X
post Mar 22 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #29

AF Pro
Group Icon

My Dad'z uncle was killed by the japz.. everybody got something.. how u think the "Native Americans" feel.. atleast we have our freakin' country really.. them indians watch us live off their land.. o_o .. aside from all that the japz were pretty ruthless... Philippines weren't the only country they screwed over.. some places worst.. genocide that they deny to this day..

QUOTE (MightyCrown @ Mar 21 2006, 10:02 PM) *

maybe bcas of pearl harbor huh?... their military was isolated and surrounded by American ships.. n all that.. after being shut down like that (A-bomb *****!!) i'm sure i'd like to talk about peace and love too ^_^

but aside from all that crap.. i'll remember the history and it's teachings, morals or w/e.. but as of now i just live like as is.. not all japz are bad.. i like their anime, technology... yada yada yada..

+Quote Post
mofo
post Mar 22 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #30

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (lotuswarp @ Mar 22 2006, 12:48 AM) *
where's the love y'all? my grandma lived through WWII when the japanese invaded and she experienced the atrocities that happened but now she's forgiven them and no longer has hatred toward them. every country does something stupid and in return other people suffer but if we continue to hate then this entire world is doomed to an early demise. just my opinion.

i agree..my grandmother lived thru ww2 as well and experienced some bad $hit but if she can forgive them then we should as well..actually my family has hosted a japanese exchange student in the past and right now we have a japanese female living with us as well so we get along with Japanese people fine =)

+Quote Post
Miss Yuna (asian...
post Mar 22 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #31

AF Pro
Group Icon

I respect most japanese i really dont have anything against them i cant since i have quite a few japanese peeps in mi family newayz and they respect filipino culture,my japanese great aunty has been with my great uncle for over 55 years now and i think thats so sweet kiss.gif plus there guyz r hot like Korean guyz and they have established themselves to be a powerful country.

But yeah what they did to the filipino people in the past was wrong rape,murder invasion etc and there will always be people who will never forget about it and thats cool madcool.gif as for me i have nothing against them i just love their games,anime,fashion culture and the japanese ppl i have met have been very nice nothing compared to what ppl have told me about them. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Miss Yuna (asian pride): Mar 22 2006, 09:10 PM

+Quote Post
diopatra
post Mar 23 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #32

AF Geek
Group Icon

honestly speaking im scared of them.

i dunno what we see on tv, where the mistreated some filipina, and some are very violent and connected with drug trafficking.

maybe not all of them, but its what you see on the news. though i dont have any personal experience.

+Quote Post
dgs_vex
post Mar 24 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #33

AF Pro
Group Icon

ah yes. the french colonized us. and we revolted.
the japanese colonized us. we revolted.
the US built a base on us. our economy went way up.
the US closed the base. we went broke.

true?

+Quote Post
santoloco
post Mar 24 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #34

AF Elite
Group Icon

^r u refering to filipinos or hmongs?? cuz we were never nono.gif colonized by the french!!! genius.gif

This post has been edited by santoloco: Mar 24 2006, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
Ek-ek
post Mar 24 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #35

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE (MightyCrown @ Mar 22 2006, 11:02 AM) *

biggthumpup.gif kiss.gif Generally , There is very few bad sentiment about Japanese people in the Philippines unlike 60 or so years ago . The Philippines is a multi-cultural country .

biggthumpup.gif There were already a sizeable Japanese population who resides in the Philippines even during the Spanish colonial rule .

However ( those non-christian Japanese) a lot of them were also expelled or even killed by the Spaniards since what they have done to the missionaries in Japan Recors show that in the early 1600 there were already 5,000 . but the population again rebounded towards the end of the Spanish colonial rule.

+Quote Post
dgs_vex
post Mar 24 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #36

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (santoloco @ Mar 24 2006, 02:57 PM) *
^r u refering to filipinos or hmongs?? cuz we were never nono.gif colonized by the french!!! genius.gif

my bad i meant spanish.

+Quote Post
TakTAk-Boy
post Mar 25 2006, 08:05 AM
Post #37

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (dgs_vex @ Mar 24 2006, 05:34 PM) *
ah yes. the french colonized us. and we revolted.
the japanese colonized us. we revolted.
the US built a base on us. our economy went way up.
the US closed the base. we went broke.

true?

thats what happens when you economy is to reliant on the US...the moment you say no to them, you face the consequences

+Quote Post
Ek-ek
post Mar 27 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #38

AF Supreme
Group Icon

confused.gif French?

It was Spanish, then in the mid 18th century for 2 years the British troops occupied Manila, Then Americans for 48 years, Japanese for about 4 years.

But the Philippines is a trading nations and had several contacts with other countries

+Quote Post
EyEsTrAiN
post Mar 27 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #39

AF Addict
Group Icon

Isn't Japan the largest investor and the second largest trading partner for the Philippines?

+Quote Post
Ek-ek
post Mar 27 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #40

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE (EyEsTrAiN @ Mar 28 2006, 08:08 AM) *
Isn't Japan the largest investor and the second largest trading partner for the Philippines?

biggthumpup.gif Yup! Plus the Filipinos were the third largest immigrants to Japan after Koreans, Chinese

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 03:22 PM