+Quote Post
transtic
post Apr 25 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #82

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE(Sophea @ Apr 25 2006, 06:31 PM) [snapback]1786452[/snapback]

money is not always good. we dont wanna end up with cultural disasters and sex industry.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but there is already quite a sex industry in Cambodia.. and most of the customers are local men... icon_confused.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sirikittong
post Apr 25 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #83

AF Elite
Group Icon

just ignore him, trans, he's just another troll. Beside, do you like the pics I found?

Ill find something on the khmer air force (modern one) soon.

Cheers!

If you guys have any requests, just post it here. I'll find something.

THE CAMBODIAN SOLDIER: RELGIOUS. PATRIARCHAL. BRAVE

IPB Image
Cambodian Soldier kissing his mother and little sister good bye.

IPB Image
Cambodian Soldier kisses his baby boy good bye.

IPB Image
Recieves blessings from buddhist monks

IPB Image
Soldieres in prayer

IPB Image
Ready to deploy

IPB Image
The Proud Sons of Cambodia. beerchug.gif

+Quote Post
Happy Asian
post Apr 25 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #84

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Nice to see the Cambodian Army in the UN uniform.

+Quote Post
kown_chma
post Apr 26 2006, 05:39 AM
Post #85

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(transtic @ Apr 25 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]1787260[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but there is already quite a sex industry in Cambodia.. and most of the customers are local men... icon_confused.gif

Hey! Hey! Its 'Entertainment Vanue'

+Quote Post
NTV
post Apr 26 2006, 09:23 AM
Post #86

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sirikittong @ Apr 25 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]1787277[/snapback]

IPB Image
Soldieres in prayer

I like this pic a lot. Thanks Sirikittong.

+Quote Post
Sirikittong
post Apr 26 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #87

AF Elite
Group Icon

No problem. I have to admit, the way the Cambodian Soldiers pray in kneeling is IDENTICAL to the way the Thai Soldiers pray. Actually, the only difference is that the Tahan Prahan (Thai Special Forces pray with both knees on the ground and prostrate themselves to the image of the king). I think that is the way the khmer soldiers do? Do they still prostrate themselves in front of the image of King Norodom Sihamoni? I think they did that for His Majesty King Norodom Sihanouk the Great, right?

+Quote Post
Happy Asian
post Apr 26 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #88

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Sailors of the Royal Cambodian Navy march in parade.
IPB Image

+Quote Post
NTV
post Apr 26 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #89

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sirikittong @ Apr 26 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]1790956[/snapback]

No problem. I have to admit, the way the Cambodian Soldiers pray in kneeling is IDENTICAL to the way the Thai Soldiers pray. Actually, the only difference is that the Tahan Prahan (Thai Special Forces pray with both knees on the ground and prostrate themselves to the image of the king).

I'm not surprised that Thai soldiers share similar ceremonial customs with Cambodian troops since the two nations' cultures are so close. Tahan Prahan is Thai for special forces? it's easy to say. They're well-trained. I've seen pics of them training with US green beret personel.

+Quote Post
Sirikittong
post Apr 26 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #90

AF Elite
Group Icon

Yes. Tahan Prahan are..not just 'special forces' as we have the marines, the rangers, the seals and the Royal Guards. The Tahan Prahan are the covert-fast-action forces; the cream of the crop of the Thai Armed Forces---Infantry.

Here are their pictures:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Tahan Prahan Troops talk with Australian Spec Ops team member--Joint exercise
IPB Image
Tahan Prahan Battalion -- linked with 4th Army--this battalion is stationed near Nakorn Ratchasima(near the Cambodian/south eastern Lao border)
Does Vietnam have a similar one? (elite special forces?)

This post has been edited by Sirikittong: Apr 26 2006, 11:58 AM

+Quote Post
Happy Asian
post Apr 26 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #91

AF Supreme
Group Icon

^Yes we do, the Dac Cong forces.

+Quote Post
Sirikittong
post Apr 26 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #92

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(Happy Asian @ Apr 26 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]1791143[/snapback]

^Yes we do, the Dac Cong forces.

I thought the Dac Cong were part of the Viet Cong para military forces? Wasnt that liquidated after the war?

Does Vietnam have a marines? seals?

+Quote Post
Happy Asian
post Apr 26 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #93

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Dac Cong were actually special forces of the VietNam People's Army, they beat the Americans and ARVN a few times. During the invasion of Cambodia they secured bridges around the country and even rescued King Sihanouk from the Palace under Khmer Rouge control. Some units disbanded and formed the Naval infantry.

This post has been edited by Happy Asian: Apr 26 2006, 12:14 PM

+Quote Post
Sirikittong
post Apr 26 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #94

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(Happy Asian @ Apr 26 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]1791170[/snapback]

Dac Cong were actually special forces of the VietNam People's Army, they beat the Americans and ARVN a few times. During the invasion of Cambodia they secured bridges around the country and even rescued King Sihanouk from the Palace under Khmer Rouge control. Some units disbanded and formed the Naval infantry.

Thanks for that little tid bit of information.

This post has been edited by Sirikittong: Apr 26 2006, 01:58 PM

+Quote Post
Happy Asian
post Apr 27 2006, 02:12 AM
Post #95

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sirikittong @ Apr 27 2006, 04:40 AM) [snapback]1791449[/snapback]

Thanks for that little tid bit of information.

These articles below is about the History of the Khmer air force, you can also find detail about VietNamese operations in Cambodia:
http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_410.shtml
http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_412.shtml
http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_411.shtml

+Quote Post
chao_ponhea
post Apr 30 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #96

Group Icon

Hi all,

I am new here...Well, m khmer.
I find this forum is very interesting..and probably is a place for khmers from all around the world to share their view. Sorry in advance for my english.

Back to the topic, Thank Happy Asian for providing such a detail about Cambodian military which m also addicted to find out the fact about it. Even some photos are old but it consists lots of things I have never seen before.

I used to work briefly in the Logistics Department of Ministry of Defense to computarize the database system. Thus, I have little knowledge about Cambodian Military power. The same as Japan, the RCFA rarely shown to the world, what they are posses in their arsenal. Currently, the development of Cambodian military are mainly focus on the infantry forces with aid mainly from France and Indonesia. And I can say that our infantry can cope up well with our neighbors.

Our Airforce are extremely out of date. All of the fighting aircraft have never flown since 2000. Ministry of Defense used to try to develop the airforce by buying some L-39 from Israel and updating mig-21. But the plan collapsed after the fighting between the two prime minsters' forces in july, 1997. We should have 5 L-39s in our disposals, but only 1 is available( there are 2, but 1 crashed while in training), the other 3 is still in Israel. Anyway, there are some rumors that Cambodia have around 50 mig-21 but it is still in Vietnam.

I have little knowledge about the our navy strength. There are little informations about it. But I used to visit Ream, the main Royal Navy Base, and one of the officer told me that we can't stand against Thailand or Vietnam. But I saw few good looking fleets still in operation + 5 buying from China(m not sure) and more 2 donated by Vietnam.

Cambodia also have the special forces, the 911 parachute brigate. I used to watch the video tape of this troop in training and exercise, and I can say... biggthumpup.gif ...Anyway, the lack of financial supporting, currently the big portion of this brigate now mostly serve as the body guard to the high ranking officials.

We also have the counting terrorist and crime force. They are mostly taken from the 911, but under the control of the Ministry of Interior. I don't know the exact size of the team, but I think not more than 100. They are well trainned and equiped (their nickname is Ninja force, coz they wear mask in operation) with Russian AS VAL assault rifle. Their appearance just look like this Russian FSB Alpha Group, but they just cover their face by mask, no helmet(I think they might be trained by the Russian).

IPB Image

I saw this force in training once in the exercise to defence the Phnom Penh international airport.

Anyway, what I share is weak, coz I don't have any link to prove. As you guys know that RCFA even doesn't have a website icon_sad.gif. And the leaders try to keep the secret as much as possible, coz they mostly use those privately.

This post has been edited by chao_ponhea: Apr 30 2006, 02:48 PM

+Quote Post
chao_ponhea
post Apr 30 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #97

Group Icon

Sirikittong, thank for sharing this photo.

IPB Image

They are called the Intervention forces. They wear black uniform, and station in most main provinces. Those guys worked well for Hun Sen in the battle of July,1997. But now, they are almost jobless.

I think u take that picture from the Siem Reap School incident last year. In that accident, there are some criticism of not using the special forces. The government said that the size of incident is not big enough to use counting-terrorist and crime unit.

This post has been edited by chao_ponhea: Apr 30 2006, 03:01 PM

+Quote Post
Sirikittong
post Apr 30 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #98

AF Elite
Group Icon

Thank you for sharing your information, chao. I would like more information, such as these, but would like to have a web site for backing. Nonetheless, thanks for the point of view.

Also, Chao, I have to tell you that Cambodia's naval defense is very weak, and it is this weakness that the Royal Thai Naval 1st Fleet (eastcom) is cooperationg with Cambodia against piracy.

Here is a picture of an exercise (Thai 1st Fleet).

IPB Image
IPB Image

Joint Thai-Cambodian naval exercises should be continued.

This post has been edited by Sirikittong: Apr 30 2006, 03:54 PM

+Quote Post
Mugen
post Apr 30 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #99

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Validating

^ u know siri im tired of you telling us that everything we have is weak. No offense, just dont like it. Its not like everything Thailand or Vietnam has is strong. I hate our two neighbors. I really do. J

ust Kidding laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Mugen: Apr 30 2006, 04:15 PM

+Quote Post
Sirikittong
post Apr 30 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #100

AF Elite
Group Icon

Im just pointing out the truth, dude. And the Royal Thai Fleet is much obliged to help out its weaker neighbour's anti-piracy predicament.

Thai-Cambodian naval cooperation i s a must.

+Quote Post

34 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 12:59 PM