AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Anything in Chicago i need to watch out for?
FantasyClover
post May 23 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #1

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

is it a dangerous place to live? eek.gif
i never lived in a big city before. I feel like the sheep from the sheep in the big city embarassedlaugh.gif

another question, there's not a lot of uv rays up there eh? so naturally it would be hard to get a tan? i was up there a few months ago and all the people were pale eek.gif whereas in florida, everyone look like indians embarassedlaugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Boku_WA!
post May 23 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #2

AF Pro
Group Icon

yes its dangerous. dont go out alone late at night especially if youre a girl. dont walk down any dark allies alone. there had been quite a few rape incidents in the lincoln park area if you know where that is. ofcourse, don't go down to south, south side day or night. better yet, when you see bars on windows, turn back as fast as you can. even though chinatown is a place where asians can hang out, its not the safest place either. there was murder there about a month ago. so dont walk down any dark allies in chinatown either. always bring someone with you at night. just giving you heads up since you asked for it.

+Quote Post
FantasyClover
post May 23 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #3

AF Guru
Group Icon

OMG! i dont want to go there anymore!!

+Quote Post
NINDOX
post May 23 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #4

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(Boku_WA! @ May 23 2006, 04:14 PM) [snapback]1878310[/snapback]

yes its dangerous. dont go out alone late at night especially if youre a girl. dont walk down any dark allies alone. there had been quite a few rape incidents in the lincoln park area if you know where that is. ofcourse, don't go down to south, south side day or night. better yet, when you see bars on windows, turn back as fast as you can. even though chinatown is a place where asians can hang out, its not the safest place either. there was murder there about a month ago. so dont walk down any dark allies in chinatown either. always bring someone with you at night. just giving you heads up since you asked for it.

You make it sound like is crime city USA. Even though things have been hectic, if you don't get mix up with the wrong crowd, you'll be safe. Chinatown just been getting kind of rowdy cause of ABCs, trying to make a stand for us "ASIANS". -_-". Anyways, I do go to school in what people will consider the slums, only bad thing that ever happened to me was got jumped in Chinatown when I was in 8th grade, and got mugged cause of dumb brother my sophomore year in the south side. Overall, most of the time I feel safe. If she is going to Roosevelt, then she'll be in the South Loop far from LP, and I haven't heard any knew rape cases, just a bunch of sex perverts going up north, and a bunch of "thugs" (or so people claim) in the south.

QUOTE(FantasyClover @ May 23 2006, 04:53 PM) [snapback]1878391[/snapback]

OMG! i dont want to go there anymore!!

You'll get use to it, most cities have the same problems Chicago has.

+Quote Post
Boku_WA!
post May 23 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #5

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(NINDOX @ May 23 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1878433[/snapback]

You make it sound like is crime city USA. Even though things have been hectic, if you don't get mix up with the wrong crowd, you'll be safe. Chinatown just been getting kind of rowdy cause of ABCs, trying to make a stand for us "ASIANS". -_-". Anyways, I do go to school in what people will consider the slums, only bad thing that ever happened to me was got jumped in Chinatown when I was in 8th grade, and got mugged cause of dumb brother my sophomore year in the south side. Overall, most of the time I feel safe. If she is going to Roosevelt, then she'll be in the South Loop far from LP, and I haven't heard any knew rape cases, just a bunch of sex perverts going up north, and a bunch of "thugs" (or so people claim) in the south.

you see what i mean. you got jumped AND mugged. never happened to me since im usually careful. reason i dont feel safe here is because of the numerous stories i hear and experiences my friends had.
what i said is true, isn't it?? you don't go to those places late at night by yourself. this is not japan.
chicago does have one of the highest crime rates in the US due to the size of the city embarassedlaugh.gif

and what the hell are abc's??

This post has been edited by Boku_WA!: May 23 2006, 05:23 PM

+Quote Post
NINDOX
post May 23 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #6

AF Guru
Group Icon

American Born Children/Chinese

Most of them are associating themselves with gangs. Trying to not getting the Asian community seem like some oppressed community, and they believe that by them making Asians look tough that we'll get some respect, and stop being harassed. kids...-_-"

Yea, these things did happened in the city, but we shouldn't live in fear, just be knowledigble and watch your back. Is not as crazy as New York over hear, my dad's friend told him that in NYC, some people shove people onto the subway tracks.

Your also right about walking through allies, when I was jumped it was cause I was by the viaducts, going home at around 10 at night. However these weren't adults, just punk @$$ teenagers, that didn't even left a bruise on my body.

The mugging I could have walked away, but my dumbass brother thought he was tough, and tried to confront them with his hands in his pockets, thats why I had to step in, and in the process over powered and mugged, or else I would have walked aways from the guy when he had threaten me cause all he had was his fist. I don't feel like typing the details, since your in Chicago, if we ever have the time to meet up, I'll tell you about it.

One note, if your on the soutside between from south loop to around 35th St. your pretty much safe even at night, no one really harm females around here, even though 2 years ago, I had to help this women who was mugged. -_-" (No matter how many positives I put out there, there seems to be a negative.) Other than there are hardly any females casualities in the South side, even though I think the guys should be more careful. I don't know why, but I've been hearing a bunch of bad news around here too.

+Quote Post
Lao_Dreamer
post May 23 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #7

AF Elite
Group Icon

Don't get shot.

+Quote Post
FantasyClover
post May 23 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #8

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(NINDOX @ May 23 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]1878433[/snapback]

hey whats "LP"?

+Quote Post
Boku_WA!
post May 23 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #9

AF Pro
Group Icon

yes. we shouldnt live in fear like you said. life's too short to worry about it. like you said, we should be more careful especially in the city. a friend of my got jumped down in the city and it wasn't even a bad area. he was just there at the wrong place and at the wrong time. believe me, if he was more careful it would have saved him the trip to the hospital. another friend got $50 cheated from him on the train, but that was also his fault. i used to drive to chicago to wash my car late at night and people used to drive by me and ask for money. when i told them i didn't have any, they would talk trash and drive away. thats why i don't usually travel alone in the city at night anymore. one of the biggest reason my parents moved us to the suburbs was because of a few shooting incidents by my old school. and still, another friend got his house broken in and robbed and that was in the burbs. now, i had to deal with rich jealous kids that vandalize your property.

im not trying to scare the thread starter. just giving her some precaution since she asked for it.

QUOTE(FantasyClover @ May 23 2006, 05:58 PM) [snapback]1878525[/snapback]

hey whats "LP"?

lincoln park. and no, not the band.

This post has been edited by Boku_WA!: May 23 2006, 06:07 PM

+Quote Post
NINDOX
post May 23 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #10

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(Boku_WA! @ May 23 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]1878537[/snapback]

yes. we shouldnt live in fear like you said. life's too short to worry about it. like you said, we should be more careful especially in the city. a friend of my got jumped down in the city and it wasn't even a bad area. he was just there at the wrong place and at the wrong time. believe me, if he was more careful it would have saved him the trip to the hospital. another friend got $50 cheated from him on the train, but that was also his fault. i used to drive to chicago to wash my car late at night and people used to drive by me and ask for money. when i told them i didn't have any, they would talk trash and drive away. thats why i don't usually travel alone in the city at night anymore. one of the biggest reason my parents moved us to the suburbs was because of a few shooting incidents by my old school. and still, another friend got his house broken in and robbed and that was in the burbs. now, i had to deal with rich jealous kids that vandalize your property.

im not trying to scare the thread starter. just giving her some precaution since she asked for it.
lincoln park. and no, not the band.

I had a friend who his house got robbed in the suburb, and moved back into the city. -_-"

We are probably scaring the thread starter, but when she does arrive here, she'll probably going to be fully armored, once she steps out to the air port.

+Quote Post
Boku_WA!
post May 23 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #11

AF Pro
Group Icon

she should bring mace. ha! i kid, i kid!

+Quote Post
FantasyClover
post May 23 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #12

AF Guru
Group Icon

Lincoln park the band sucks lol

i will never go out at night. i'll stay in my dorm and talk to u fine ppl on AF.

+Quote Post
NINDOX
post May 23 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #13

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(FantasyClover @ May 23 2006, 08:00 PM) [snapback]1878912[/snapback]

i will never go out at night. i'll stay in my dorm and talk to u fine ppl on AF.

Is Linkin Park anyways. You shouldn't be afraid to step out of your dorm. You'll ruin the experience of being in one of the most busiest city in the country.

+Quote Post
toki
post May 23 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #14

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: AF Forum Police

QUOTE(Boku_WA! @ May 23 2006, 04:14 PM) [snapback]1878310[/snapback]

chinatown is fun. but yes dont go in the alleys neartears.gif. there are a lotta tourists at night there and every restaurant is filled up.

QUOTE(NINDOX @ May 23 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1878433[/snapback]

You make it sound like is crime city USA.

it literally is. its #2 for murder. previously #1. and high for a lotta other things. oh and #1 for syphillus. don't get syphillus ok fantasyclover? embarassedlaugh.gif

QUOTE(FantasyClover @ May 23 2006, 08:00 PM) [snapback]1878912[/snapback]

lincoln park is an enjoyable area actually. its yuppie town. YUPPIE- Young Urban Professionals.. it has a lot of good restaurants and lively night life. lots of good looking 20 something year olds walking around lol. but terrible parking.

+Quote Post
Boku_WA!
post May 23 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #15

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(toki @ May 23 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1879178[/snapback]

lincoln park is an enjoyable area actually. its yuppie town. YUPPIE- Young Urban Professionals.. it has a lot of good restaurants and lively night life. lots of good looking 20 something year olds walking around lol. but terrible parking.

actually i hate the lincoln park night life. too many drunk stupid college students walking around. i almost ran one over the other day with my car.

+Quote Post
toki
post May 23 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #16

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE(Boku_WA! @ May 23 2006, 09:34 PM) [snapback]1879268[/snapback]

actually i hate the lincoln park night life. too many drunk stupid college students walking around. i almost ran one over the other day with my car.

i never drive there. but its like 20 min from my house. but the traffic can get so bad that it could take 45 min. walking around in the day is nice. lotta good restaurants and boutiques

+Quote Post
NINDOX
post May 23 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #17

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(Boku_WA! @ May 23 2006, 09:34 PM) [snapback]1879268[/snapback]

should have finished the job. I don't even go up north, don't know people up there. I wouldn't call anything a great night life, if people just get drunk and wasted and have unconscious fun.

+Quote Post
toki
post May 23 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #18

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE(NINDOX @ May 23 2006, 07:00 PM) [snapback]1878673[/snapback]

I had a friend who his house got robbed in the suburb, and moved back into the city. -_-"

We are probably scaring the thread starter, but when she does arrive here, she'll probably going to be fully armored, once she steps out to the air port.

i used to live in glenview. which is a northern suburb and considered really safe but there was a robbin couple doors down. eek.gif my mom did get mugged once but that was in the city. ah bad memories neartears.gif but places like bucktown, lincoln park, are yuppie and interesting.

+Quote Post
SkylineC83
post May 23 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #19

AF Guru
Group Icon

watch out for the projects......and don't give money to people on the streets

+Quote Post
NINDOX