Reply to this topicStart new topic
Blacking Out
splur
post Sep 18 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #1

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

Has anyone actually blacked out before? Blacking out is completely different from passing out, as in you drink too much and you passout forgetting everything. No.

Anyways, I was on the bus one day and I started to black out. I was actually standing up and my whole body became numb, I felt like vomitting, and my vision went really dark. I was completely fine when I walked onto the bus! It was so strange because I thought blacking out was instant and the next second you're waking up. But I was blacking out very very slowly. Anyways I dropped to the ground, picked myself back up and stumbled off the bus. I guess I needed fresh air?

Surprising thing is that no one offered to help me nor did they offer a seat.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aoi_Zora
post Sep 18 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #2

AF Addict
Group Icon

icon_sad.gif Yeah, happened to me several times and I felt the same way that you did. I usually blacked out while in a crowded train or bus.

+Quote Post
strawberryofdoom
post Sep 18 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #3

AF Pro
Group Icon

I blacked out and fell off a stairway once. People offer to help and carry my stuff embarassedlaugh.gif Usually when I have my girl stuff or if a place is to crowded for some reason.

+Quote Post
mndeg
post Sep 18 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #4

AF Legend
Group Icon

a long time ago my friends woke me up and said we're going to mcdonalds. so we rode our bikes there. my bike had a flat and when we got there i started losing my vision. everything was black even though my eyes were wide open. didn't lose consciousness though.

now that's hardcore cardio. i was dehydrated and I just woke up

+Quote Post
Suijen
post Sep 19 2006, 02:10 AM
Post #5

AF Legend
Group Icon

If this happens again, talk to your doctor.

+Quote Post
ShengJieJiangJun
post Sep 19 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #6

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Banned

all of you guys just plain suck. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
blushbloom
post Sep 19 2006, 03:33 AM
Post #7

AF Addict
Group Icon

It happened to my sister the other day. She went to see the doctor and they said that she might've had low blood pressure. She's going to get a blood test to make sure it's nothing serious because it's happened to her on other occassions.

+Quote Post
Gretchen and the...
post Sep 19 2006, 03:37 AM
Post #8

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(splur @ Sep 18 2006, 09:33 PM) [snapback]2307894[/snapback]

Has anyone actually blacked out before? Blacking out is completely different from passing out, as in you drink too much and you passout forgetting everything. No.

Anyways, I was on the bus one day and I started to black out. I was actually standing up and my whole body became numb, I felt like vomitting, and my vision went really dark. I was completely fine when I walked onto the bus! It was so strange because I thought blacking out was instant and the next second you're waking up. But I was blacking out very very slowly. Anyways I dropped to the ground, picked myself back up and stumbled off the bus. I guess I needed fresh air?

Surprising thing is that no one offered to help me nor did they offer a seat.

First off, the kind of blacking out you're talking about has nothing to do with drinking (or at least that seems to be what you're implying) but you can actually black out from drinking too much. Passing out is different because you just sort of fall asleep, when you black out from drinking you're still functioning but you don't remember it later on when you snap out of it. That can be caused by alcohol as well as by health problems.

One thing I don't understand is, how did you remember that no one offered help if you were blacked out? confused.gif Generally when people black out they don't remember ANYTHING. Sounds very strange, you should consult a doctor.

+Quote Post
splur
post Sep 19 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #9

AF Guru
Group Icon

Erm, opps. I mean it as "not as in you drink too much and you passout forgetting everything" except I couldn't seem to word it properly. Sorry bout that.

And yea, I thought blacking out was you faint or something and don't remember anything until you're awake again. But I began blacking out and remembered everything. It took like 5 minutes for my body to gradually get numb and my vision to become black. And then when I fell, not sure how long I fell down for cause I'm sure it was only a couple seconds I snapped out of it and got back up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2014 - 02:14 PM