Majapahit Empire, The Golden Era of the Archipelago
Majapahitans
post Oct 18 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #21

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE(cewe_indonycian @ Oct 17 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]2401576[/snapback]

mysterious background notwithstanding, it would be almost impossible then for a non Javanese to hold such powerful position in a Javanese Kingdom unless he was a real kick @ss genius.

Mas Maja bagaimana anda melihat skandal "Bubat Gate" kalau ada apakah konsekuensinya disitu dimulainya menurun karir politik GM ?

The Bubat-Gate embarassedlaugh.gif ...?
For me..., that has mixed Javanese and Sundanese blood within me, the story is quite personal....
I consider the ancient Sunda-Galuh as my ancestors.
My ancestors from my father's side are nobles from Ciamis, the heart of Galuh. The Sunda kingdom that fought Majapahit bravely till the end. The home of the Princess Pitaloka.... neartears.gif

The consequence of this incident quite fatal for Gajah Mada, he's playing with the Emperor's heart and authority..... nono.gif

Gajah Mada political trick to conquer Sunda (btw..., he's unable to conquer Sunda in military way...) is without the emperor consent and approval. Maybe now, we called Gajah Mada has commited lèse-majesté embarassedlaugh.gif , let say if a Thailand Prime Minister has surpassed King's authority, what would people and ministers says....?

The emperor Hayam Wuruk was dissapointed, he has lost his faith to this powerful Prime Minister. The opposed ministers has arroused the Emperor's suspicions that Gajah Mada now is too powerful, that he maybe gonna commit Coup d'etat and have Majapahit throne reserved for himself.
Howabout the emperor personal feeling....? It strongly suggested that the emperor is feeling guilty, sad, angered, and broken hearted after the tragic death of his future queen, Princess of Sunda.
So..., after the incident the emperor ordered Gajah Mada for early retirement (btw he's quite old at that time). But despite the suspicions, the history proved that Gajah Mada is a loyal servant for Majapahit's crown icon_neutral.gif He accepted emperor's offer and retired himself to Madakaripura, Probolinggo (Prabhalingga).
Btw it's strongly suggested that Gajah Mada adhere Siwa-Buddha, Javanese syncretism of Hinduism and Buddhism. Several years later, Gajah Mada vanished from his mountain retirement house. His wive try to search for him everywhere, but he just dissapeard. This event strongly add speculations for Gajah Mada's supranatural origin.... .

QUOTE(cewe_indonycian @ Oct 17 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]2401576[/snapback]

Apakah akan dibuat film epic nya misalnya kaya.. The last Samurai... wah seru deh pilihTom Cruise ato Mas Maja..

Me or Tom Cruise....? icon_redface.gif becanda yah....?

Bikin film, Pasti seru tuh.....
Actually I've had imagined this story being filmed weather in animation or real movie.....

I'll have Dian Sastro to be cast as Princess Dyah Pitaloka Citraresmi. love2.gif or I'll have Acha (that girl that sing "My Heart" with Irwansyah), she got that innoccent face need to be protected. icon_redface.gif
Nicholas Saputra or VJ Evan as young Emperor Hayam Wuruk
Barry Prima (or Ade Rai.... embarassedlaugh.gif ) as Gajah Mada

Dessy Ratnasari as Queen of Sunda (Mother of Dyah Pitaloka)
Tio Pakusadewo as King of Sunda (Father of Dyah Pitaloka)
Christine Hakim as former Queen Thribhuwanottunggadewi (Mother of Hayam Wuruk)
Didi Petet as Patih Madu (the machmaker)
Deddy Mizwar as Patih Anepaken (Sundanese brave general)

This will be great.... biggthumpup.gif

This post has been edited by Majapahitans: Oct 18 2006, 10:59 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Majapahitans
post Oct 18 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #22

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sirikittong @ Oct 17 2006, 12:07 PM) [snapback]2401585[/snapback]

Dyah Pitaloka Chitraresmi ...the pricess that commited suicide rather than be taken by Majapahit Imperial forces, khun?

That's her..... neartears.gif

This is very interesting--are there any statues or monuments in the honor of the Sundanese royal family ?

Sadly...., no icon_neutral.gif
IMO People of Sunda should build this monument on the site of Bubat square, Majapahit.

I know that your sig tells the tale--very sad indeed, if I may add.

It's sad story......, neartears.gif bawling.gif
you should see my tears dropping when I read this story back in junior high icon_redface.gif
Especially the part when the Princess desperately running to the center of the square just to find his father's dead body among piles of corpses. She cried...., then she grab the blade and......, bawling.gif

The other sad part is, when the emperor can't help to cry, while holding the Princess dead body.
He try to be brave, but his chest shaking, trying to hold from crying, it's too much for him.... Nelangsa..... icon_sad.gif

This post has been edited by Majapahitans: Oct 18 2006, 11:23 AM

+Quote Post
Sirikittong
post Oct 18 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #23

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(Majapahitans @ Oct 18 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]2404568[/snapback]

In India, the monarch doesn't claim to be the incarnation of Vishnu (avatar). Maybe it's considered blasphemy by Brahman (priest) caste if Ksatriyas (warrior/king) claim to be god's incarnation. The known historical avatar figures known in India are Raam Avatara, Khrisna Avatara, and Buddha Avatara. Even the great king Ashoka doesn't claim to be incarnation of Vishnu, although he is truly a great king.

Actually the Hindu concept Devaraja or Divine King probably first appear in Tarumanagara, West Java since it was the oldest Hindu kingdom in the region (4th century AD). King Purnawarman is regarded as Wishnu incarnation on earth.
Then another kingdoms also adopted this concept. The Srivijayan inscription proclaimed the emperor has divine god-like power, to bless or to curse his subjects.
Sanjaya family of Hindu Mataram also use this divine monarch claim. Sanjaya, the founder of Mataram actually a prince from kingdom of Galuh.
While Galuh and Sunda are twin kingdoms separate by Citarum river. This twin kingdom formed from the breaking of Tarumanagara kingdom, after being weakened by Srivijaya invasion.

Syailendra dynasty that rule central Java also adopted this concept of divine monarch. There's strongly suggested blood-link or marital-link between the Javan Syailendra with Funan and later Chenla royalties in mainland Southeast Asia. Jayavarman II, the founder of Khmer empire lived as a prince at the court of Sailendra in Java, whether as a royal hostage of Java's vassal kingdom, or for his education (or both), has not yet been established. Thus he brought the art and culture of Javanese Sailendran court to Cambodia.

The Devaraja concept reach it's zenith in physical and cultural significance in magnificent Angkor civilization of Khmer Empire. Then later, the empire that also influenced Sukothai and Ayuthaya of Thailand, and Champa.

It's the fact that Austronesian stock (or many called Malay-Austronesian) is inhabit the region (Southeast Asian Archipelago and some mainland parts) far longer and earlier than other race, Like Dai Viet and Siamese (Thai) that came from North (around China) in later migration wave.
Sundanese, Javanese, Balinese, Minang, Srivijayan-Malay, and Champa, (also people of Phillippines islands)are share same ancestry: Austronesian speaking race. Some people even sugested Khmer as also share Austronesian ancestry with the rest of us.

Now people (especially in Malaysia) used the name Melayu or Malay as the word to identify race, The other name for Austronesian race. But in Indonesia the word Melayu is more likely used to identify the certain ethnic groups that inhabit coastal Sumatra, coastal Borneo, and Malay peninsula (Malaysia). Javanese, Minang, Balinese, and Sundanese will refused to be called Melayu, cause they feel their culture and legacy is far older and refined than coastal Malay of Malaysia, Brunei and Sumatra embarassedlaugh.gif.
The word Malay is first mentioned to identify kingdom and place, not people or race. It's Malayupura (now Batanghari riverbank, Jambi province, Indonesia). Malayupura is the first real rival for growing Srivijaya in Southern Sumatra. Later Malayupura is conquered and absorb within Srivijaya's realm. Although conquered, Malayupura language and culture prevail and later used as Srivijaya's national language. The inscriptions written in old Malay is found throughout Srivijaya territory, even found in central Java. Srivijaya is responsible of the widespread of Bahasa Melayu throughout archipelago, that now serve as the base/origin of Bahasa Melayu (in Malaysia) and Bahasa Indonesia.

For Champa, it is the long lasting ally for Java over centuries. During the rising of Mongol forces, King Kertanegara of Singhasari (the predecessor of Majapahit) formed alliance with Champa to hold growing and threathning Mongol forces-The Yuan dynasty of China. Many kings of Java and Champa intermarried. One of the famous Queen of later era Majapahit is princess of Champa (Putri Cempo), and she's a muslim woman. The tomb of Champa Princess can be found in Trowulan, Majapahit, East Java.

Hey thank you so much for the great information, khun! Very very good. This is more than I asked for---but THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

QUOTE(Majapahitans @ Oct 18 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]2404852[/snapback]

That's her.....
Sadly...., no -
IMO People of Sunda should build this monument on the site of Bubat square, Majapahit.
It's sad story......, neartears.gif bawling.gif
you should see my tears dropping when I read this story back in junior high icon_redface.gif
Especially the part when the Princess desperately running to the center of the square just to find his father's dead body among piles of corpses. She cried...., then she grab the blade and......, bawling.gif

The other sad part is, when the emperor can't help to cry, while holding the Princess dead body.
He try to be brave, but his chest shaking, trying to hold from crying, it's too much for him.... Nelangsa.....

icon_redface.gif ...I wish i was back in time and could help the princess Pitaloka Chitraresmi...take her with me to the mountains and live peacefully with her. icon_redface.gif even thou she lost her father and her mother---i would take care of her and be a good husband to her...instead of her killing herself....... icon_sad.gif icon_redface.gif

You are right, this story is so so sad.

+Quote Post
TonyL
post Oct 18 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #24

AF Geek
Group Icon

Hey, some talk between Majapahitans and Sirikittong led to this thread. biggthumpup.gif

Majapahit's extent.
Its good to distinguish between Majapahit kingdom and Majapahit empire.

Majapahit proper as kingdom was in eastern Java. From here Eastern Java ( and central Java, Bali, Madura) were directly governed by the dynastic family. This was the core region.

Majapahit empire: Majapahit incl. conquered territories/tributaries, covering much of Nusantara ( in broad sense meaning archipelago incl. Southern part Malay pen ). The local rulers of many polities in outer territories, like Sumatra etc. became suzerain, by different ways : voluntary, intermarriage and by bloody combats.

Conquests and tributaries confirmed in other old records book.gif
Everybody knows that chronicles can exaggerate or spice up things. It s good to compare them with other sources. Many of Majapahit 's claimed conquests/tributaries are confirmed, even by local chronicles of the subordinated rivalling polities. Very significant.

Old Sumatran records like Hikayat Raja2 Pasai (Aceh)mention the expedition of 400 Majapahit ships conquering Aceh and eastern Sumatra. Chinese (Ming ) and Portugese records ( Albuquerque etc) confirm Majapahit's annexation of Sumatra too. Borneo chronicles from the Banjar polities enumerated Majapahit's dependecies throughout Nusantara.

For the southern Malay peninsula during roughly 1300-1400 period, the Ayuthaya and Majapahit claims sometimes overlap in records. At the very least we can say that local Malay records (for example Malay annals from Malacca sultanate, rival of Majapahit) admitt that somewhere between 1340–1390 some peninsular parts (incl. Singapore) became within Majapahit influentual sphere.

Very interesting. Did the Indonesian empires prior to Majapahit or Sri Vijaya ever conquored parts of mainland south east asia ? It is even sufficed that Funan and Chenla (the pre cursor states of Angkor) were Malay. Since the kingdom of Champa was indeed Java-based, as well.

Considering the Malay people inhabited the region FAR LONGER than any other group of people--I thought it might be a possibility.

Do you, Majapahitan or anyone else, have a speculation or opinion on this matter?

Yep. interesting story in old records will follow

+Quote Post
Betongan
post Oct 18 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #25

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE(jokotarub @ Oct 17 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]2401310[/snapback]

i heard that hypothesis before. because there's no "gajah" in Java, it was likely he's from other place where elephant lives.
maybe he's a siamese? our friend sirikittong looks similar to his picture in history comics biggrin.gif

Yes, he's not Jawanese. He also not Siamese. He's Singaporean because all ancient Singaporean has animal name like Pak Belalang.

+Quote Post
furansizuka
post Oct 19 2006, 05:55 AM
Post #26

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE(Majapahitans @ Oct 18 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]2404762[/snapback]

Actually I've had imagined this story being filmed weather in animation or real movie.....

I'll have Dian Sastro to be cast as Princess Dyah Pitaloka Citraresmi. love2.gif or I'll have Acha (that girl that sing "My Heart" with Irwansyah), she got that innoccent face need to be protected. icon_redface.gif

Dian Sastro would be perfect!! biggthumpup.gif Not Acha tongue.gif she's too young. Second choice would be former Miss Indonesia Artika Sari Devi love2.gif

wakks...kayanya terlalu bule dech embarassedlaugh.gif How about Sony (Cornelia Agatha's husband)? I prefer to a new actor, we must hold an audition around! idea.gif

Barry Prima (or Ade Rai.... embarassedlaugh.gif ) as Gajah Mada

Barry Prima would be a good choice, tho perhaps we could ask younger actor to play as GM
The rest of these actors are perfect biggthumpup.gif

This post has been edited by furansizuka: Oct 19 2006, 05:56 AM

+Quote Post
haqine
post Oct 19 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #27

AF Pro
Group Icon

Wah thank you mas maja !
Do you have their pix?
I heard Hayam Wuruk was very handsome.

QUOTE(Majapahitans @ Oct 18 2006, 10:54 PM) [snapback]2404762[/snapback]

Me or Tom Cruise....? icon_redface.gif becanda yah....?

Bikin film, Pasti seru tuh.....

[b]Barry Prima (or Ade Rai.... embarassedlaugh.gif ) as Gajah Mada
[/b]

This will be great.... biggthumpup.gif

I think the candidate just Barry Prima embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
GluTTony
post Oct 19 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #28

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(furansizuka @ Oct 19 2006, 06:55 PM) [snapback]2407262[/snapback]

Dian Sastro would be perfect!! biggthumpup.gif Not Achashe's too young. Second choice would be former Miss Indonesia Artika Sari Devi love2.gif
wakks...kayanya terlalu bule dech embarassedlaugh.gif How about Sony (Cornelia Agatha's husband)? I prefer to a new actor, we must hold an audition around!
Barry Prima would be a good choice, tho perhaps we could ask younger actor to play as GM
The rest of these actors are perfect

^^ Great Idea!

This post has been edited by GluTTony: Oct 19 2006, 12:59 PM

+Quote Post
haqine
post Oct 19 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #29

AF Pro
Group Icon

Ajie Massaid ? Reza's ex husband ? But adjie is a man confused.gif
I think Ferdi Nuril would be great as Hayam Wuruk, his face so javanese.

This post has been edited by haqine: Oct 22 2006, 06:58 AM

+Quote Post
GluTTony
post Oct 19 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #30

AF Pro
Group Icon

sorry salah look up again its supposed to be Masayu Anastasia embarassedlaugh.gif I got mixed up icon_redface.gif

This post has been edited by GluTTony: Oct 19 2006, 12:58 PM

+Quote Post
Majapahitans
post Oct 19 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #31

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(haqine @ Oct 19 2006, 10:24 AM) [snapback]2407648[/snapback]

Wah thank you mas maja !
Do you have their pix?
I heard Hayam Wuruk was very handsome.

You're welcome.... icon_smile.gif

Pix... ntar cari.... biggrin.gif
But if you looking for face of ancient Java kings, you should go to National Museum, many arcas (statue) of gods from Mataram, Singhasari, and Majapahit period usually also serve as portrait of the King.

Hayam Wuruk IS a handsome young man. biggthumpup.gif The book Negarakertagama confirm how handsome, manly and powerful the emperor was. His mother, queen Thribhuwanottunggadewi Jayawishnuwardhani is also famous for her beauty. But he's not that bulky and big as Gajah Mada. Quite ideal height and physic. His personality is quite calm, even more likely to be a shy or timid boy. According to the story, the king also an accomplished dancer, also good in drawing in his childhood and teenage years. When he performed the sacred mask-dance, many people are overwhelmed by the beauty of the dance.
For modern standard maybe the emperor is sounds 'gay' embarassedlaugh.gif, (considering many modern day dancers are...., you know..) but it's quite normal for royalties men in that era to love dancing, to create it or perform it.
He's quite an artist. That's why he can easily appreciate and even falling for the painting of beautiful Dyah Pitaloka.

But the fabled beauty is Sundanese royal family. The royal family of Sunda are famous for their beauty, (men and women) for generations; light, clear and smooth skin, big eyes and thick dark eyebrows, black jet wavy hair, red lips. This physical feature almost common in Sundanese royalties descends even found today. Rosa, Paramitha Rusady, and late Nike Ardilla has ancient noble Sunda royalty blood in them. Mereka masih ningrat, while Dessy Ratnasari has that typical Sunda beauty, maybe if traced her ancestor, we'll find ancient lineage too.

In ancient Sunda, the succession of royal lineage also considered the physical features... embarassedlaugh.gif, the charisma, the magical bearings,healthy body, and offcourse physical attraction and beauty. During Galuh era there story that the firstborn son of Galuh king is considered unworthy to be a king just because he got no teeth (ompong) thus make him ugly.... embarassedlaugh.gif . So the throne is awarded to his handsome younger brother.

+Quote Post
GluTTony
post Oct 19 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #32

AF Pro
Group Icon

^^ You Ignored my Post cry2.gif

The Movie Name should be

Majapahit

The Story Should REAALLY focus on Majapahit and The Founding,The Glory,The War,The Love Story and then with Gajah Mada vanishing from his mountain retirement house and he was never seen again...as the Ending. Melacca should be ignored/Untold embarassedlaugh.gif like scopion King they don't put Egypt

2 Hrs

The Cast:

Barry Prima is Too Old! I saw him in Keluarga Cemara last time and he looks icon_sad.gif

Princess Dyah Pitaloka Citraresmi => No! Not Dian Sastro is already too overrated udah males tongue.gif Feby Febiola or Bunga or Masayu Anastasia

Hayam Wuruk => Indra Brugman the Best biggthumpup.gif ! Nico is Overated tongue.gif Vj Evan or Chistian Sugiono is good. Anjasmara NO WAY Bosen!

Gajah Mada=> Ade Rai can't act, Jermy Thomas cuz he's already built, or Someone new, and Indegineous

Queen of Sunda (Mother of Dyah Pitaloka) =>Artika Sari Dewi

King of Sunda (Father of Dyah Pitaloka) = David Chalik or Adam Jordan

former Queen Thribhuwanottunggadewi (Mother of Hayam Wuruk) => Christine Hakim is ok

Patih Madu (the machmaker) => Didi Petet ok deh

Patih Anepaken (Sundanese brave general) => Adjie Pangestu

This post has been edited by GluTTony: Oct 19 2006, 01:02 PM

+Quote Post
TonyL
post Oct 19 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #33

AF Geek
Group Icon

rasibiduk
And also, there are fossils of elephants found in Java, be it the ancient stegodon type or the modern one (Elephas maximus). The recent discovery in Rancamalang, Bandung confirms this. So perhaps they do exist in those days, alongside with the now extinct Javan Tiger.
Elephant was used in Java during many periods. 7 th century report on Tan Tan state mentions that the ruler used elephant s for long distance.

See also this Dutch illustration 1600's ( Commelin ), Tuban.

IPB Image
Sirikittong
Very interesting. Did the Indonesian empires prior to Majapahit or Sri Vijaya ever conquored parts of mainland south east asia ? It is even sufficed that Funan and Chenla (the pre cursor states of Angkor) were Malay. Since the kingdom of Champa was indeed Java-based, as well.

Considering the Malay people inhabited the region FAR LONGER than any other group of people--I thought it might be a possibility.

Do you, Majapahitan or anyone else, have a speculation or opinion on this matter?

Far longer? Thats the classic view, but nowadays most experts think that the mainland coastal regions were settled in the first millenium BC , from seadirection. Sometimes they went more inland via river mouths.

Interestingly the Chinese Funan legend, might hints to incursions from southern islands too. Many internetversions are based on below :

"According to Kang Tai, the first king of Funan was a certain Huntien, that is Kaundinya, who came either from India, Malay peninsula or the Southern Islands . This king , having dreamed... " ( Coedes, Ind, states SEA p. 37).

Coedes gave classically given his own view by adding India himself, but the 2 oldest Chinese accounts say he was from a place overseas, south of Funan, more than 5000 li (3000 km) to the south east of India. From there Huntien sailed on merchantships to Funan, settled and became the first king after some violent conflict.( Pelliot Le Fou-Nan sec. edition).

Anyway, the Huntien story is for big part legend, but we know for sure that Chams sailed from Borneo to Mekong-Vietnam coasts in fist mill. BC and made many maritime settlements and a bit inland. Maybe coincedence but Borneo is south of Funan, overseas and some 3300 Km south east of India.

This post has been edited by TonyL: Oct 19 2006, 08:35 PM

+Quote Post
Betongan
post Oct 19 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #34

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE(TonyL @ Oct 19 2006, 05:05 PM) [snapback]2408712[/snapback]

Elephant was used in Java during many periods. 6 th century report on Tan Tan state mentions that the ruler is carried in a banner for short distance, for long ones elephant was used.

See also this Dutch illustration 1600's ( Commelin ), Tuban.

Sorry! Tan Tan State? I not quite sure there was any Tan Tan state.

Anyway, the Huntien story is for big part legend, but we know for sure that Chams sailed from Borneo to Mekong-Vietnam coasts in fist mill. BC and made many maritime settlements and a bit inland. Maybe coincedence but Borneo is south of Funan, overseas and some 3300 Km south east of India.

For me, Cham directly came from Yunnan down to Mekong River and settle there. That why they are Hindu not Buddha like people from Srivijaya empayer!

QUOTE(Betongan @ Oct 18 2006, 07:35 PM) [snapback]2406024[/snapback]

Yes, he's not Jawanese. He also not Siamese. He's Singaporean because all ancient Singaporean has animal name like Pak Belalang.

I find interesting fact about Patih Gajah Mada. Dunno wrong or rite.
1362 - 1418 Sultan Baki Shah ibni al-Marhum Sultan Mahmud, Raja of Chermin. Appointed as Raja of Tanjungpura and Chermin during the lifetime of his father. Succeeded his father, 1362. He d. ca. 1418, having had issue, two sons and one daughter:
1) Sultan Sadik Muhammad Maulana Nenggiri ibni al-Marhum Sultan Baki Shah, Raja of Kelantan - see below.
2) Raja Kemas Jiwa Sang Ajit Jaya ning-Rat, who succeeded as Sultan Iskander Shah Nenggiri ibni al-Marhum Sultan Baki Shah, Raja of Kelantan - see below.
1) Putri Selindung Bulan. m. Sayyid Husain Jamadi al-Kubra [Ratnavamsa Pandita Parnen]. She had issue, two sons:
a) Sayyid 'Ali Nur ul-Alam bin Husain Jamadi al-Kubra, Pateh Arya Gajah Mada. Perdana Mantri of Kelantan-Majapahit II 1432-1467. Fled to Champa with the Sultan, following the Siamese conquest in 1467.
i) Wan Hussain bin Nur ul-Alam, Sri Amaravamsa [Tuk Masjid]. A Majapahit Pateh.
ii) Sultan Maulana Sharif Abu Abdu'llah Mahmud Umdat ud-din [Shaikh Israel Yakub] [Wan Bo Tri Tri], Raja of Champa 1471-1478. m. Sharifa Mudain, Ratu Mas Rara Santang, daughter of Radin Pamanasara Prabhu Silawangi, of Pajajaran, in Banten, by his wife, Nyai Sabanglarang, daughter of Ki Gedeng Tapa. He had issue:
(1) Ahmad Fatahillah [Sharif Hidayatu'llah] bin Sultan Abu 'Abdu'llah. Ancestor of the royal houses of Banten, Cheribon and Palembang.
(2) Wan Abul Muzaffar Waliu'llah bin Sultan Abu 'Abdu'llah. He had issue:
(a) Dato' Jamal ud-din bin Wan Abul Muzaffar, Datu Kelantan. He had issue, including two sons:
(i) Raja Loyor, who became Sultan Adil ud-din bin Jamal ud-din, Raja of Kelantan - see below.
(ii) Raja Ekok, who became Sultan Samir ud-din bin Jamal ud-din, Raja of Kelantan - see below.
(b) Dato' Nik Mustafa bin Wan Abul Muzaffar, who became Sultan 'Abdu'l Hamid Shah bin Wan Abul Muzaffar, Raja Sri Sarwasadesa and Champa 1578-1637. He had issue, three sons:
(i) Dato' Nik Ibrahim bin Nik Mustafa, Datu Kelantan 1634-1637.
(ii) Nik Badr us-Salam bin Nik Mustafa. He had issue, two sons:
1. Wan Muhammad Amin bin Nik Badr us-Salam (Po Jatamuh), Raja of Champa 1684.
2. Dato' Pengkalan, Raja of Champa 1684-1692.
(iii) Nik 'Ali bin Nik Mustafa. Datuk Maharaja Lela and Panglima Agung Tentara of Patani.
iii) Wan Demali Alim ud-din bin Nur ul-Alam. A Majapahit Pateh of Karmawijaya and Laksamana of Benta.
b) Sayyid Muhammad Kebungsuan, Prabhu Anum/Udaya ning-Rat/Bhra Wijaya. Putative ancestor of the ruling houses of Demak, Pajang and Mataram in Jawa.

+Quote Post
Sirikittong
post Oct 19 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #35

AF Elite
Group Icon

For me, Cham directly came from Yunnan down to Mekong River and settle there. That why they are Hindu not Buddha like people from Srivijaya empayer!

But the cham people were malay.

+Quote Post
TonyL
post Oct 19 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #36

AF Geek
Group Icon

Betongan

Sorry! Tan Tan State? I not quite sure there was any Tan Tan state

Chinese reports made by embassies and pelgrims ( like I Ching who studied in Srivijaya). Tan Tan was Chinese name for some 6/7 th century citystate in Java. Some suggested Malay peninsula but Tan-Tan was east of Holing. Holing is generally agreed to be on Java. In fact, in the old records the name Java is connected to it.

Local records /inscription etc prevail above visitor reports but in case elephants are mentioned, why not? biggrin.gif

Sayyid 'Ali Nur ul-Alam bin Husain Jamadi al-Kubra, Pateh Arya Gajah Mada. Perdana Mantri of Kelantan-Majapahit II 1432-1467. Fled to Champa with the Sultan, following the Siamese conquest in 1467.

Name is maybe inspired by Gaja Madah of Majapahit. The latter surely did not make it to the 1400's though.

This post has been edited by TonyL: Oct 19 2006, 08:41 PM

+Quote Post
Betongan
post Oct 19 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #37

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sirikittong @ Oct 19 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]2409150[/snapback]

But the cham people were malay.

Yes Cham is Malay. What I mean that Cham doesn't sailed from Borneo to Viet. They go down from tibetan Plateu through Mekong river and settle there. I thinhk that because some Degar tribe which was Austronesian stock left behind at the central Highland of Vietnam.

QUOTE(TonyL @ Oct 19 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]2409210[/snapback]

Chinese reports made by embassies and pelgrims ( like I Ching who studied in Srivijaya). Tan Tan was Chinese name for some 6/7 th century citystate in Java. Some suggested Malay peninsula but Tan-Tan was east of Holing. Holing is generally agreed to be on Java. In fact, in the old records the name Java is connected to it.

Oh I see. I search through internet but couldn't find Tan Tan but fin Pan Pan but it situated in Malay Peninsular of Malaysia.

Local records /inscription etc prevail above visitor reports but in case elephants are mentioned, why not? biggrin.gif
Thats Kelantan , Malaysia genealogy ?
Name is maybe inspired by Gaja Madah of Majapahit. The latter surely did not make it to the 1400's though.

Yeah. Gaja Madah of Majapahit was Hindu rite. but that Gaja Madah from Kelantan at that time was Islam. There was very big different. I don't really believe that Gaja Madah from Kelantan since he was Hindu and Kelantan was Islamic country since early 10th century.

+Quote Post
tengkuafif
post Oct 19 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #38

AF Guru
Group Icon

IPB Image

Payudara besar. embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
malaccan
post Oct 19 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #39

AF Guru
Group Icon

Majapahitans, thank you for starting this thread. I like.
As a son of glorious Srivijaya, I feel close affinity with you, son of Majapahit. (Do I sound grandiose like Siri now? Hehe, joking na khab)

My ancestors got kicked out of Sumatra by your ancestors. Talktohand.gif Then Siri's ancestors tried to bully my ancestors on the Malay peninsula. Talktohand.gif That's why I'm happy we can now all be friends yahoo.gif
I'll post more serious stuff later.

If that Majapahit movie gets made, it'd be funny to Siti make a cameo appearance as a slave-girl or something, hasil pulangan perang. whip.gif embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
Majapahitans
post Oct 20 2006, 03:23 AM
Post #40

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(tengkuafif @ Oct 19 2006, 08:57 PM) [snapback]2409388[/snapback]

Payudara besar.

OOT sure.gif Kan udeh gue bilang, belakangan ini gue rada 'endutan......
Kenapa liat toket gue...? napsu yah....? wha..ha..ha biggrin.gif

QUOTE(GluTTony @ Oct 19 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]2408041[/snapback]

^^ You Ignored my Post cry2.gif

Aduh..., jangan nangis ya cup.. cup... biggrin.gif

QUOTE(GluTTony @ Oct 19 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]2408041[/snapback]

The Movie Name should be

Majapahit

The Story Should REAALLY focus on Majapahit and The Founding,The Glory,The War,The Love Story and then with Gajah Mada vanishing from his mountain retirement house and he was never seen again...as the Ending. Melacca should be ignored/Untold embarassedlaugh.gif like scopion King they don't put Egypt

The Majapahit era quite long and colorful you know. 2 hour movie wouldnt adequate to cover the entire length of Majapahit era.

The higlight periods is:
1. The emergence of Majapahit. The era of Raden Wijaya (grandfather of Hayam Wuruk), the founder of Majapahit kingdom. The story quite interesting, incorporated the scene when King Kertanegara of Singhasari humiliated Mongol's envoy. The Jayatwang of Kediri rebelion, fleeing of Raden Wijaya, and Kubilai Khan Mongol invasion. Then closed with the coronation of Raden Wijaya. The Princess Gayatri story, etc. I guess this part can be a single movie.

2. The Rebellion and Internal Intrics. The era of Jayanagara, Son of Raden Wijaya from Malayu Princess. Jayanagara ill treatments of his stepmothers and sepsisters, etc. He's a bad behaviour tyrant, etc. The rebelions occured from many of once loyal allies of the late King Kertarajasa Jayawardhana (Raden Wijaya).

Also the first rising of Gajah Mada career as one of Bhayangkara royal guard elite. Guarding the king while the rebel Nambi took over the capital city. This young Gajah Mada story quite similar with the Three Musketeers story. Majapahit Bhayangkara = French Musketeers. biggthumpup.gif Elite Royal guard of the King. But actually Gajah Mada put his loyalty to Princess Thribhuwanottunggadewi (she'll be the mother of Hayam Wuruk), beautiful, brave, and intelligent lady but put in to exile by Jayanegara who worying that the Princess (step sister) will took over the throne.

The bad attitude of the king risking the survival of this new kingdom. Many ministers believed that his sister, Princess Tribhuwana will reign better than Jayanagara. Jayanagara is well known of his flamboyant live and indulgence of beautiful women, even Nyi Mada (wife of Gajah Mada) and the beautiful wife of Tanca (Tanca is royal physician/doctor) is caugt the attention of Jayanagara and...., invited (with force) to Kaputren (kinda Harem... embarassedlaugh.gif ). Then (according to rumors) Gajah Mada making plot to incite Tanca vengeful anger and jealousy, then Tanca kill the king during surgery. But Gajah Mada 'cleverly' blame Tanca, before Tanca speak anything, Gajah Mada stab him....

3. The reign of Tribhuwanottungadewi Jayawishnuwardhani. Mark the consolidation of the empire. The queen successfully ends many rebelions provinces in East Java. Sumpah Palapa, the oath took by Gajah Mada to unified Nusantara Archipelago under one reign of Majapahit Empire is happen during her reign. Gajah Mada won the trust of the Queen and become Prime Minister. The relation of Gajah Mada and the Queen Tribhuwanottunggadewi is quite close. (Supiciously like Anakin Skywalker and Queen Amidala... icon_redface.gif but that's just juicy rumors tho..) She understand and accomodate Gajah Mada ambition. The conquest of Bali is happen in Tribhuwanottunggadewi's reign.

4. The reign of Emperor Hayam Wuruk, The Zenith of Majapahit Empire. After the death of Empress Dowager that have become a Buddhist nun, Gayatri Rajapatni (wive of Raden Wijaya; mother of Tribhuwana; grand mother of Hayam Wuruk). Tribhuwana must step down because she only reigning in the place of Gayatri Rajapatni. So the young prince is crowned as the new emperor. The western naval campaign begin to dominate th remnant of Srivijaya, Malayu, Temasek, Ligor, Tamiang, Langkasuka, Peurelak, Pase, Tanjungpura, Brune etc. Followed by eastern naval campaign to Banjar, Gowa, Sulawesi, Timor, Hutan Kadali (now Buru island), Molluccas, Wanin (Papua..?), etc.

Then the sad romance of Pasunda Bubat (you'all have know the story). icon_neutral.gif . The tragic death of Princess Dyah Pitaloka of Sunda on Bubat square. Then the sunset of Gajah Mada career. Leaving Majapahit in the height of glory, the zenith of their power and influence. The end. This is my favourite period of Majapahit.

And later there's Paregreg war, marking the weakening of Majapahit because of internal conflics. Malacca and Demak era is waaay near the end of Majapahit empire, so if we want to tell the story about first 4 period of Majapahit, both Malacca and Demak are not exist yet.

Each of this 4 periods can be 4 single movies..... biggthumpup.gif

QUOTE(malaccan @ Oct 19 2006, 11:55 PM) [snapback]2409945[/snapback]

If that Majapahit movie gets made, it'd be funny to Siti make a cameo appearance as a slave-girl or something, hasil pulangan perang.

She'll be perfect to play Dara Jingga or Dara Petak, two Malayu princess bought from Malayu as tribute of Pamalayu expedition led by Singhasari. And later become the Queen and the mother of Majapahit second king, Jayanagara. But that is the 1st period above, not the Hayam Wuruk's era.

This post has been edited by Majapahitans: Oct 20 2006, 04:53 AM

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 03:09 AM