Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Asian Film Festival
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Local Area Asian Chat > United States > New York Chat
fatboi
It's here! Subway Cinema (that's us!) is back with its annual cinematic extravaganza - America's leading showcase devoted to new feature films from Asia. Featuring the latest and greatest films from Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, China, and Thailand.

20 of the top pan-asia films of the past couple of years will be showing at the New York Asain Film Festival 2004. the event takes place in New York City (Anthology film Archives) from June 18 to June 27. some of the films being showcase are Hero (Hong Kong), Juon (japanese), Please Teach me English (korean) just to name a few.

i wished i lived in new york but i don't. cry2.gif anyways i thought i post this for anybody who's able to go to the festival (lucky basters!!! sure.gif ). here a link to a site for anyone interested and wants to know more.

http://www.subwaycinema.com/frames/nyaff04home.htm
Puggles
DAMN bawling.gif I live in California
king2046
QUOTE (Puggles @ Jun 19 2004, 01:46 PM)
DAMN bawling.gif I live in California

Don't worry. Wait until next year, there's the San Francisco International Film Festival that showcases Asian films as well...a pretty good selection from what I've seen. It runs from sometime in May to April. But yeah...New York and L.A. gets everything...especially NYC.
Puggles
I live in Torrance so it's close to LA. I doubt my parents would let me drive to San Francisco
Ben
Hmm I live in NYC.. maybe I should help promote it or something.. But Having to pay to see each movies that I have already seen kind of sux..
fatboi
still suck for me. i live in the mid west icon_sad.gif
Bob_Gratton
we have Fantasia here at montreal canada love2.gif
Mantis
No Oldboy? What's the point in the whole festival then? embarassedlaugh.gif
cherrypie197
omg i cant wait to go there when i go to college in NYC! definitely gonna go check it out!
sweetntwisted
dude... that was in 2004, you're 2 years late.... icon_confused.gif
kunomchu
lol
IPB Image
Z tha iLLest
QUOTE(sweetntwisted @ Apr 19 2006, 01:04 AM) [snapback]1766022[/snapback]

QUOTE(kunomchu @ Apr 19 2006, 01:09 AM) [snapback]1766028[/snapback]

lol
IPB Image

LOL IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
cherrypie197
QUOTE(sweetntwisted @ Apr 19 2006, 01:04 AM) [snapback]1766022[/snapback]

it's a film festival which means it's an annual thing duh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.