Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the best hair wax
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Beauty, Health, & Fashion
WAtToDo
what kind of hair wax that stay longer n strong... cuz i used the garnier wax, it odesn't last that long, and i can't find gatsby wax everywhere icon_sad.gif any otther recommendation? confused.gif
thanks alot beerchug.gif
kent1992
lol i use garnier too.. but i use hairspray afterwards... so it stays in place..
retardsrox
i use gatsby and it stays in place and make sure you don't lean your head anywhere when you put on wax...
khang_oi
QUOTE(kent1992 @ Jan 27 2007, 09:31 PM) [snapback]2684956[/snapback]

lol i use garnier too.. but i use hairspray afterwards... so it stays in place..

same here... biggthumpup.gif
KarKui
everybody loves Gatsby for some reason, 0_o? its good wax and well known, but i reckon its like Krispy Kreme donuts; theyre good, but over rated.

I currently use a brand called Matrix: Dirty Trix which is hard wax, and that does the job really well if you are looking at using it to shape and mold your hair. it will hold depending on how you do your hair, but as for the hair in my signature, i hairsprayed afterwards, which is also what is recommended.

So i also have Matrix: Freeze Trix which is the hairspray i put on after the wax to really have it in place.

great stuff which smells nice. but i guess the way to bring out the potential of Matrix products is kinda aquired after using it and knowing your own hair growth etc
slider5
You should try Sebastian Xtah I hear from alot of friends that it just as good if not better than Gatsby but I prefer to use Gatsby, Tigi bedhead paste and Hairspray.

Yeah if you want maximum hold to fix your hair in place use Hairspray after you apply wax I use TIGI hair spray and it last all day.

John_K
I've had good luck with American Crew Fiber.
aerofly
Here's some reviews for you:
http://www.bombhare.net/?p=23
http://www.bombhare.net/?p=31
Dante
redken maybe?
MK4U
Bumble & Bumble Sumo Tech Wax.

Expensive, but it works very well.
Hola
QUOTE(slider5 @ Jan 29 2007, 07:24 PM) [snapback]2688178[/snapback]

You should try Sebastian Xtah I hear from alot of friends that it just as good if not better than Gatsby but I prefer to use Gatsby, Tigi bedhead paste and Hairspray.

Yeah if you want maximum hold to fix your hair in place use Hairspray after you apply wax I use TIGI hair spray and it last all day.

am using that along
beerchug.gif
WAtToDo
i can't find gatsby wax everywhere !! >.<"
yebro
I use Dominant ROK Wax. And no, it's not South Korean; it's New Zealand. Does it's job well done, and smells like caramel.
slider5
QUOTE(WAtToDo @ Jan 30 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]2691507[/snapback]

i can't find gatsby wax everywhere !! >.<"

Gatsby is only popular in Asia and not really sold outside of it thats why its so hard to find I get mine by stocking up when I go to Hong Kong or getting friends to bring me back some. You should check the markets and hair dressers in Ktown or china town see if they import it.

TBH Gatsby is not the be all and end all of hair wax and there are lots of other brands out there that are just as effective if not better.

Probably the reason why its not sold outside asia is because it is more of high street brand over there rather than expensive salon only brand thats why its so cheap, it cost like $35 HKD which is like US $7 or $8.

Thats not to say Gatsby is not quality stuff because it plainly is by its popularity, but dont bother wasting your money on ebay or importing it for the import fee you might as well get 2x amount of salon stuff which is just as good if not better, try Sebastian Xtah I like TIGI bedhead paste as well.
chrismason37
Hair wax is a thick hairstyling product containing wax, used to assist with holding the hair. In contrast with hair gel, most of which contain alcohol, hair wax remains pliable and has less chance of drying out. Consequently, hair wax is currently experiencing an increase in popularity, with many manufacturers releasing versions that are referred to as pomade, putty, glue, whip, molding gum, or styling paste. So these are the characteristics of the hair wax. I generally prefer branded products only.
BBYKRiiSTEN
Just order gatsby online its the best<3!
bartiumwillams
Personally, I think the wax is the best option for shortcuts instead of more styles that I would characterize the disorder in search of surf hair. Wax applied to longer hair can sometimes give the impression that has not washed for weeks.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.