Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this justice?????
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Indonesian Chat > Indonesian Serious Talk
Kresna
Read the article

An Indonesian court has sentenced three Muslim militants to jail for beheading three Christian schoolgirls in Central Sulawesi in 2005.

Hasanuddin, 34, was given 20 years for planning the attack, while two accomplices were given 14 years.

I believe a certain Australian was given the same sentence for carrying something innocent such as pot! 20 years for planning to rip of the heads of three innocent teenagers??? This is disgusting. That dirty pig deserves to die!
ricochet
QUOTE(Kresna @ Mar 21 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]2805712[/snapback]

Read the article
I believe a certain Australian was given the same sentence for carrying something innocent such as pot! 20 years for planning to rip of the heads of three innocent teenagers??? This is disgusting. That dirty pig deserves to die!

well this is Indonesia if you still dunno...even terrorist are given a reprieved to commomerate the national day

Bob hassan can go to jail and come out from back door and go back to his house. After the jail sentence completed he was immediately installed as the president of the olympic council of indonesia.....as what I was told

justice in indonesia...dream on laugh.gif
forrestcat
Perhaps the Indonesian police had to be prag,atic as not to stir up these killers supporters to do the same. icon_sad.gif

The problems in Sulawesi as I understant is mainly tribal rather than religion.
swingdoctor
QUOTE(Kresna @ Mar 21 2007, 04:50 AM) [snapback]2805712[/snapback]

Read the article

I feel this is an insult to the girls parents but, there may be compelling reasons why these sentences were given. Does Indonesia have death sentences for murderers?
Mizz_Luv3r
They all should be beheaded. icon_confused.gif
Ara
Felt that the Aussie girl got off lightly, she should've been sentenced to life for international drug smuggling. However, I do agree the sentence is way too light for the three bigots. Off with their heads I say.
LastLegend
let them walk the plank
e_vaholic
well, it's clear that they have killed innocent girls..
by the way, i don't think the root of the problen in Sulawesi is religion problem. i think it's more a sociologist problem. and of course..provocators!
han2
aye, the punishment doesn't quite fit the crime, i'd say put a life jacket on him, and tie his hand up, and then throw him into a diving pool full of piranha... icon_twisted.gif
e_vaholic
^hahaha...too sadistic han2!!

it's clear that it's murder with planning,,, KUHP 340, the maximum punishment is death!
Bhaskara
It should be a death sentence, a very painful one!!
jakartaninbxl
Not a problem of religion ey?
Well, MUSLIM militants beheads three innocent christian girls, (i bet there were witnesses too)
get 14 yrs.

while Fabianus Tibo, Dominggus da Silva and Marianus Riwu, he men, accused (were there direct proof on their involvement anyway? someone please enlighten me..) of masterminding the violence in Central Sulawesi, Indonesia in 2000 are all executed, and while Muslims have also been arrested, no muslim has received a significantly severe sentence..

all in sulawesi, in our beloved indonesia where christians cant go to churches anymore cos many of them were burnt down and the government wont give permission for xtians to build new one..

what a beautiful country.. (this is meant to be sarcastic.. :p)
ricochet
QUOTE(jakartaninbxl @ Mar 26 2007, 04:30 AM) [snapback]2815407[/snapback]

Not a problem of religion ey?
Well, MUSLIM militants beheads three innocent christian girls, (i bet there were witnesses too)
get 14 yrs.

while Fabianus Tibo, Dominggus da Silva and Marianus Riwu, he men, accused (were there direct proof on their involvement anyway? someone please enlighten me..) of masterminding the violence in Central Sulawesi, Indonesia in 2000 are all executed, and while Muslims have also been arrested, no muslim has received a significantly severe sentence..

all in sulawesi, in our beloved indonesia where christians cant go to churches anymore cos many of them were burnt down and the government wont give permission for xtians to build new one..

what a beautiful country.. (this is meant to be sarcastic.. :p)

FINALLY....someone agrees with me

While politician gets jailed sentence and go home the next day and terrorist given reprieved.....muslim mastermind terrorist given a green card.....christians are being executed with no mercy

And this is justice and now indonesia wants justice with other country....kayaknya ibu kepiting mengajar anaknya supaya berjalan dgn benar...

Dimana kebenaran sebenarnya...congratulation Indonesia!
Bhaskara
Shame on you for not making any research before making your statement. Muslims have also been executed. Maybe not in this particular case, but there are other cases. It's amazing how people can only see what they want to see.

and you, rico. Who are you to say anything, while tensions between races and religions has always been a part of both Malaysia and Singapore. embarassedlaugh.gif

jakartaninbxl
QUOTE(Bhaskara @ Mar 26 2007, 04:12 AM) [snapback]2816475[/snapback]

Shame on you for not making any research before making your statement. Muslims have also been executed. Maybe not in this particular case, but there are other cases. It's amazing how people can only see what they want to see.

and you, rico. Who are you to say anything, while tensions between races and religions has always been a part of both Malaysia and Singapore. embarassedlaugh.gif

Give me an example of a Muslim executed for hurting a non-Muslim, I am just curious if something like that ever happened in indonesia..

As for religion and race tensions, it doesnt happen only in indonesia.. it happens everywhere.. the sad thing is, indonesia was famous for its tolerance living amongst different religions, and since suharto stepped down.. tolerance went down the drain as well..
ricochet
QUOTE(Bhaskara @ Mar 26 2007, 05:12 PM) [snapback]2816475[/snapback]

I am who I am and I am free to say anything I like.....who the hell are you to say I cannot exercise this freedom of speech

as for Malaysian racial problem....well at least we are civilised enough not to KILL each other....the May 13 is in the past.....yours in an ongoing national problem laugh.gif
purnomor
QUOTE(jakartaninbxl @ Mar 26 2007, 06:12 AM) [snapback]2816568[/snapback]

Give me an example of a Muslim executed for hurting a non-Muslim, I am just curious if something like that ever happened in indonesia..

There have been dozens of Islamic terrorists who were shot dead by police in Ambon and Central Sulawesi. The recent gunbattles in Poso where dozens of terrorists were shot by police had effectively returned peace to that previously unsafe city.

As for religion and race tensions, it doesnt happen only in indonesia.. it happens everywhere.. the sad thing is, indonesia was famous for its tolerance living amongst different religions, and since suharto stepped down.. tolerance went down the drain as well..

The fall of Suharto in 1998 led to weakening of government and too much freedom. The power vacuum allowed lunatic elements such as Islamic terrorists to find space in Indonesia, where they engaged in violence against those they dislike. As Hobbes said, weak government will always lead to anarchy. Thankfully, ever since the Megawati presidency and now SBY presidency, Indonesia have surged above its nadir point (at around 2000-2001) and has successfully ended all the post-Suharto conflicts and have effectively paralysed Islamic terrorism. Thanks to the existence of huge Indonesian middle-class, this return to stability can still be achieved under democracy. I think Indonesia will continue to improve as it adapt to democracy.

The unfortunate conflicts between 1998-2003 (Aceh, Papua, Poso, Ambon, Sampit, etc etc) were side-effects of the fall of Suharto and the difficult adaptation process towards democracy faced by Indonesia.
ricochet
QUOTE(purnomor @ Mar 26 2007, 10:51 PM) [snapback]2816859[/snapback]

There have been dozens of Islamic terrorists who were shot dead by police in Ambon and Central Sulawesi. The recent gunbattles in Poso where dozens of terrorists were shot by police had effectively returned peace to that previously unsafe city.

I think there is a difference between terrorist being shot in gun battle and those executed in the courtroom decision

may I ask and please show proof those who are executed by courtroom decision
corky
QUOTE(Mizz_Luv3r @ Mar 23 2007, 04:30 AM) [snapback]2808700[/snapback]

They all should be beheaded. icon_confused.gif

who are they?
jakartaninbxl
QUOTE(ricochet @ Mar 26 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]2817505[/snapback]

I think there is a difference between terrorist being shot in gun battle and those executed in the courtroom decision

may I ask and please show proof those who are executed by courtroom decision

Yes, exactly my point. Please examples, I might have overlooked some cases, but if anyone can provide case examples I'd happily retract my earlier statements.
ricochet
QUOTE(jakartaninbxl @ Mar 27 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]2818575[/snapback]

Yes, exactly my point. Please examples, I might have overlooked some cases, but if anyone can provide case examples I'd happily retract my earlier statements.

yes....whose that guy who the authorities tries to prosecute him but to no avail. The guy who purportedly master mind the bali blast. what happened in the end.....he was discharged. Why??...,.because he is a muslim and the govt worries the repercussion of a backlash from the muslim terrorist operating in Indonesia

and another thing....why oh why Indonesia did you release and gave a reprieved to a terrorist during your national day celebration

and again...I ask this....why oh why is bob hassan send to jail and he goes back to his home the next day

this is not suharto era.....but is there a difference. Tommy too....he had this priviledge too
QuK
How can someone compare the execution of accused Christians to the gunbattles in Poso? The Islamic terrorists and their sympathizers refused to cooperate with police and attacked them.

I will admit I don't know much about the subject. But can anyone provide for me an example of an Islamic terrorist being tried and executed for attacks against non-Muslim groups?
Ara
QUOTE(QuK @ Mar 27 2007, 11:06 PM) [snapback]2820498[/snapback]

How can someone compare the execution of accused Christians to the gunbattles in Poso? The Islamic terrorists and their sympathizers refused to cooperate with police and attacked them.

I will admit I don't know much about the subject. But can anyone provide for me an example of an Islamic terrorist being tried and executed for attacks against non-Muslim groups?

Bali bombing
Australian embassy bombing

Couple of terrorists being shot on sight cause they don't want to surrender.
ricochet
QUOTE(Ara @ Mar 28 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]2820866[/snapback]

Bali bombing

cant you read....courtroom decision and NOT GUN BATTLE!
Ara
QUOTE(ricochet @ Mar 28 2007, 03:07 AM) [snapback]2820869[/snapback]

cant you read....courtroom decision and NOT GUN BATTLE!

Bali and Australian embassy bombing.

I'd say we shoot them up and save taxpayer money.
QuK
QUOTE(Ara @ Mar 28 2007, 02:00 AM) [snapback]2820866[/snapback]

Bali bombing

I said terrorists that were tried and executed. Have any of the Bali bombers, Australian embassy bombers, Marriot bombers, Poso bombers, Christmas 2000 bombers, etc. been tried and executed?
ricochet
QUOTE(QuK @ Mar 28 2007, 11:50 PM) [snapback]2821466[/snapback]

I said terrorists that were tried and executed. Have any of the Bali bombers, Australian embassy bombers, Marriot bombers, Poso bombers, Christmas 2000 bombers, etc. been tried and executed?

bro...its useless trying to make them understand. They are like dat...so be it biggthumpup.gif
QuK
No wonder our country is so poor.
Ara
QUOTE(QuK @ Mar 28 2007, 10:50 AM) [snapback]2821466[/snapback]

Not yet

Still going through the appeals.

Corby should have gotten harsher sentences. International drug dealers have done far more damage to this country then Al-Qaeda will ever dream of doing.
QuK
QUOTE(Ara @ Apr 1 2007, 02:25 AM) [snapback]2829722[/snapback]

Not yet

Still going through the appeals.

Corby should have gotten harsher sentences. International drug dealers have done far more damage to this country then Al-Qaeda will ever dream of doing.

I never said anything about Corby. You must have me mixed up with someone who cares about drug traffickers. I'm not one of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.