Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anime Expo NYC! AsiaFinest will be there!
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Local Area Asian Chat > United States > New York Chat
Ben
There will be a big Anime Expo in NYC on Aug 31st - Sept 2 2002! We will be covering the event since we got press badge. The premiere of Cowboy Bebop the movie will also be shown that weekend at the other expo being held at the same time which is the Big Apple Anime Fest. The Anime Expo New York will have an exhibit hall, live programming, video rooms, masquerade, music videos, an art show, meet the guests reception, industry reception, a charity auction and numerous other activities. Check out AXNY.org for more info. If you plan to go, let us know!

otakunet51
Wow, cool ^^

Well, I won't be there, 'cause i dont got no cash for a ticket to NYC XD
Have a nice time there though icon_wink.gif
Cathleen
here you go!
Here is the semi-final list of Guests of Honor for Anime Expo New York

Yoko Kanno - Composer Guest of Honor*
Composer: Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Chiky shjo, Escaflowne, Brain Powered, Cowboy Bebop (TV Series), Memories (segment 1), Tenkuu no Escaflowne (TV Series), Please Save My Earth, Natsu jikan no otonatachi and Macross Plus

Toshihiro Kawamoto - Character Designer Guest of Honor*
Character Designer: Cowboy Bebop (TV Series), Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door, The Cockpit, Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Gundam: The 08th MS Team and
Golden Boy

Shinchiro Watanabe - Director Guest of Honor*
Director: Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Cowboy Bebop and Macross Plus
Writer: Cowboy Bebop (TV Series)

Atsushi Takeuchi - Mecha Designer Guest of Honor
Mecha Designer: Ghost in the Shell, Patlabor, Sakura Wars (Movie), Sol Bianca, Starship Cruiser Yamato 2520, Tenchi Muyo (AKA No Need for Tenchi) and Armitage the III
Director: Ace Combat 3, Sakura Wars 3 (Game) and Yuki Kaze
Production Designer: Ah My Goddess

Akitaro Daichi - Director Guest of Honor*
Writer and Director: Juubei - Chan (Jubei-Chan the Ninja Girl) and Kaze Makase Tsukikage Ran
Director: Kodomo no Omocha (AKA Child's Toy), Nurse Angel Ririka, Fairy Princess Ren, and Sugoiyo Masaru-san (Sexy Commando Masaru-san)

Noboru Ishiguro - Director Guest of Honor
Director: Robotech, Macross: Ai Oboeteimasuka (AKA Macross, SDF-1 Macross: Do You Remember Love?), Astroboy, Megazone 23, Uchu senkan Yamato (AKA Space
Crusier Yamato), Legend of the Galactic Heroes OAV Series, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes: My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars

Takao Koyama - Writer Guest of Honor
Writer: Dragonball, Gatchaman, Slayers, Urusei Yatsura, Dr. Slump, Saint Seiya, Shurato, NG Knight Lamume & 40, Time Bokan and 13 of the 14 Dragonball movies

Taro Maki - Special Industry Guest of Honor*
Producer: Tenchi Muyo in Love, Tenchi Muyo: The Movie 2, Super Doll: Rika-chan, Tree of Palme and Millennium Actress

Mayumi Tanaka - Voice Actress Guest of Honor
Voice Acting Credits: Kuririn (Krillin) and Yajirobe (Dragonball and Dragonball Z), Giovanni (Night on the Galactic Railroad), Pazu (Laputa), Young Satoru Kanzaki (Area 8 , Seneca (Arion), Yu (Giant Gorg), Ryunosuke Fujinami (Urusei Yatsura), Kanna Kirishima (Sakura Taisen) and Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Other Roles: 3x3 Eyes, Dragonball GT, Fire Tripper, Rurouni Kenshin, Sailor Moon and Wataru

Yoshiyuki Tomino - Director Guest of Honor*
Creator: Reideen the Brave (AKA Raideen) and Gundam
Director: Gundam Z, Gundam ZZ, Turn-A Gundam, Char's Counterattack, Brain Powerd and Garzey's Wing

*Appearing at Anime Expo New York courtesy of the Big Apple Anime Fest.
Ben
Anime Expo is here! Will be busy these next few days! woo hoo!
otakunet51
oi! try to get an intervciew with yoko kanno!

i love bebop!

and with me being an artist(sounds too high'n'mighty, really...), you might as well try to get in touch with that chara designer ^^
Ben
There was tons of cowboy bebop fans there! I'm be posting 100+ Pics and AVIs soon as well as a in depth review.
Cathleen
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!! I've never been to a U.S. con before, but hopefully next year if I can save enough money. Can't wait to see the pics! wish I was there....!
yukidomari
I went-- I saw yoko kanno.. and I cosplayed as julia heartilly from FFVIII and was first up for the karaoke contest ..it was lots of fun biggrin.gif
Ben
Welcome to the forum yukidomari. You were in the red dress right? We took pictures of everyone who sang in the karaoke. So We have your pic too! I don't think you joined the Masquerade contest did you? Also did you agree to the 6 finalist for the? We thought other people did way better than some of the six finalist(including you icon_wink.gif ).
yukidomari
ehhh?? how'd you recognize me... wait, I said I was julia >_< yeah, that was me. I was first up! so unfair LOL. I didn't think anyone recognized julia cause the only pics of her were ingame pics (no fmv's..)

I didn't agree with them at all! The two girls who sang chobit's 'let me be with you'.. the first song they did 'AI' from Excel Saga.. the voices weren't even turned off! I recognized the original track's music right off the bat! But I do agree with the 1st place because she was really good ^^
The girl who crossplayed as DIE from Dir en Grey.. she didn't even memorize her lyrics.. and half way through her final song she just stopped and told everyone she wanted to hear them clap! I didn't understand it at all.. and personally, its a karaoke contest.... she did like a rock song.. that wasn't even barely *singing*... she could've had a better choice of song. I didn't do very well but I do think the people who improvised a song but still knew the lyrics really deserved a mention...

this was my first time at a con, and first time cosplaying, and it was fun biggrin.gif
Ben
Actually I didn't regonize the character. I just remember a girl in a red dress sang first. You looked lovely in that dress by the way.

Yeah some of the people in the audience thought it was the two girls voice but i was like no way that they could sound like that. When we heard who the six finalist were, we was like wtf? and left to cover the AMV instead.

Did you attend all 3 days?
yukidomari
nope, I only went on saturday. -_-

A dozen or so people took pictures of me but I've only seen like 2 of me >_< I forgot to take pictures for msyelf.. >_<
Ben
Did anyone regonize your character? You should have attended on Sunday so you could check out the cool coplay contest. Are you planning on attending future anime expo?
n1ghtk1ds
i wish i had the money to be at NYC
i love animes so much
Ben
There's a bigger anime Expo in Cali! I think around 6000 people attended AXNY while 15,000 attends the one in Cali. Both expo was ran by SPJA.
n1ghtk1ds
i think i missed the one that was in california too
oh well....sucks for me
starwynd
say anyone going to the boston anime expo...next yr? just curious
ANXY was the great...for my first time. AH hope to see you people in BOSTON??

biggrin.gif
yukidomari
actually, a girl who cosplayed as rinoa (main girl character of final fantasy viii) recognized me (cause I was cosplaying as her in-game mother). But that was basically it... other people just liked the dress, period. Another guy thought I was cosplaying Faye Valentine in her ball room dress -_-; Maybe that's why people took pictures of me -_-
starwynd
talking about final fantasy viii, let me start playing that game. biggrin.gif
girl in red dress at the expo? :confused: were you all over the place?
I saw this one hot lady in a red dress!!...and have to say she was cute...dunno if it was you :confused: ..anyway back to playing final fantasy viii......any tips? looks complicated
Ben
actually, a girl who cosplayed as rinoa (main girl character of final fantasy viii) recognized me (cause I was cosplaying as her in-game mother).  But that was basically it... other people just liked the dress, period.  Another guy thought I was cosplaying Faye Valentine in her ball room dress -_-;  Maybe that's why people took pictures of me -_-

The dress reminded me of a dress worn by the lead star in the Resident Evil movie poster. Nevertheless it looked good. :love: I guess you'll probably be cosplaying a more regonizable character next time huh? icon_wink.gif
starwynd
Cosplay? Inside rumor has it Ben here is gonna cosplay Kenshin for his next anime expo!! :heh: is that correct Ben?

:beer:
Ben
Cosplay? Inside rumor has it Ben here is gonna cosplay Kenshin for his next anime expo!!  :heh: is that correct Ben?

:eek: You must be on Drugs to believe that! :sure:
starwynd
Cosplay? Inside rumor has it Ben here is gonna cosplay Kenshin for his next anime expo!!  :heh: is that correct Ben?

:eek: You must be on Drugs to believe that! :sure:

Hmm...guess the inside source was wrong! :heh: going as someone else then? :heh:
Ben
:stupid:
starwynd
:stupid:

:stupid: takes one to know one...

:lol2:
n1ghtk1ds
settle down children
yukidomari
I'd post a picture someone sent me of me but I don't think this site will allow it -_-

but I'll link you-- its from geocities, so its not too dependable.

the dress was actually redder, it looks pinkish in the pic and it blurred my face!! >_<

http://www.geocities.com/yukidomarix/M2e.jpg
n1ghtk1ds
your link doesn't work...
i would you want to see
send it to me on aim or something
Ben
I'd post a picture someone sent me of me but I don't think this site will allow it -_-

the dress was actually redder, it looks pinkish in the pic and it blurred my face!! >_<

Email it to me and I'll add it to our upcoming AXNY gallery. We have two pics of you but one is slightly blurred too.
Ben
settle down children

:nono: Are you dissing AsiaFinest's God?
starwynd
settle down children

:nono: Are you dissing AsiaFinest's God?

:bday: to our childish GOD... :stupid: ...forget the stupid part... biggrin.gif

geez these smiley are way cool.... :rock: rock on Asiafinest GOD!!

peace...
starwynd

I totally agree...Geocites isn;t very dependable... :thumbdown:

anyway... :rock: ROk On!.....Asiafinest and everyone!
Ben
:bday:   to our childish GOD... :stupid: ...forget the stupid part... biggrin.gif  

geez these smiley are way cool.... :rock:  rock on Asiafinest GOD!!

peace...

Thanks! Big Old 23! I feel over the hill! :thumbup:
yukidomari
it'll work if you drag the url into the url box, not by clicking on it ^^

http://www.geocities.com/yukidomarix/M3e.jpg
Ben
Our AXNY review, pictures, and videos is up! Check out the main page or http://www.asiafinest.com/review/axny.htm

I might upload a few more AVIs in the next few days.
starwynd
it'll work if you drag the url into the url box, not by clicking on it ^^
http://www.geocities.com/yukidomarix/M3e.jpg

I tried it...dunno if others tried it or not....didn't work for me. Oh well
Guess i'm outta luck....

:shrug:
Ben
I got it working. I'll post it on the site along with the other axny pics, unless yuki doesn't want me to.
starwynd
I got it working. I'll post it on the site along with the other axny pics, unless yuki doesn't want me to.

to be posted on a site...such honor? or not?.... :shrug:

sounds cool at the same time!! :thumbup:
n1ghtk1ds
POST POST POST!
i would like to see
starwynd
POST POST POST!
i would like to see

biggrin.gif i knew someone would agree with me!

rock oN knightkids!

:rock:
Dark 1
Cowboy Bebop Rocks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.