Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Disk cleanup problem
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Technology Chat
Adee
I ran the Disk Cleanup for my C drive the other day and it took forever for it to do the calculation. I left it on for over 1 and a half hour and it still hasn't finished calculating, I had to cancel it as it's taking up too much time. I did it the next day and today the same thing happened. I've disk clean up before but it usually only takes me 1/2 hour at the most for it to finish the task.

Does anyone know why it's doing that? icon_confused.gif
Suijen
Make sure no other programs are running and that nothing else is accessing the HD>
Adee
I'm sure I've turned off all programs. Does the internet affect it too?
Suijen
Only if it's actively being used.
Adee
I wasn't using it whilst it was. I suspect it might be Zone Alarm or the anti-virus software. I'll give it another try tomorrow.
Suijen
Yeah, disable those.
Jigga
Bet it has to do with the compressed files. You can do a registry edit to disable that.
Iatros
There's nothing you can really do about that. You know how big HD's are today compared to 1995? Besides, most people don't do a good job of maintaining their computers. You gotta treat them like you would with your car(s). For instance, I keep the cache and temp file settings to not store more than 1 mb in storage.
Adee
QUOTE(Jigga @ Apr 18 2007, 04:17 AM) [snapback]2883824[/snapback]

Bet it has to do with the compressed files. You can do a registry edit to disable that.

You're absolutely right. Yeah I've solved the probs now. beerchug.gif
JMAC
back up your pr0ns to DVD, that should help you speed it up
Jigga
QUOTE(Adee @ Apr 19 2007, 07:24 AM) [snapback]2888308[/snapback]

You're absolutely right. Yeah I've solved the probs now. beerchug.gif

Yea, I do it on every new clean install because it bugs the hell out of me.
Adee
QUOTE(JMAC @ Apr 19 2007, 03:26 PM) [snapback]2888311[/snapback]
back up your pr0ns to DVD, that should help you speed it up

What pr0ns? shifty.gif embarassedlaugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.