Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Information on General Sosthène Fernandez
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Cambodian / Khmer Chat
QuangCamRanh
Hello,

Does anyone have any information about General Sosthène Fernandez.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sosthene_Fernandez

Where did he goto exile?

Where is he living now?

Has he returned to Cambodia?

Kambojiya
^ May I ask why you need to know?
crew.
never heard of him and i think most khmers don't know about him either.
khamara
QUOTE(QuangCamRanh @ May 16 2007, 11:07 PM) [snapback]2948912[/snapback]
Hello,

WHO? Are you sure he's cambodian? coz Fernandez to Cambodian is like finding needle in a haystack.
stickyfingers
QUOTE(QuangCamRanh @ May 16 2007, 11:07 PM) [snapback]2948912[/snapback]
Hello,

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sosthene_Fernandez
Where did he goto exile?

Where is he living now?

Has he returned to Cambodia?

he was killed by KR
noyume
QUOTE(khamara @ May 17 2007, 01:35 PM) [snapback]2950105[/snapback]
WHO? Are you sure he's cambodian? coz Fernandez to Cambodian is like finding needle in a haystack.

according to wiki, he's khmer/flip. hence the surname, fernandez.

i've never heard of him.
Viesnabotkampujia
I heard that he was a general in Cambodia? A few of his kids are currently living in Sunny slope Arizona? I met Susteine Fernandez,one of his daughter.
lemongrass
QUOTE(Viesnabotkampujia @ May 18 2007, 05:56 PM) [snapback]2952930[/snapback]
I heard that he was a general in Cambodia? A few of his kids are currently living in Sunny slope Arizona? I met Susteine Fernandez,one of his daughter.

I am glad you know about him and his family. Gen. Fernandez was a Phillipino/Cambodian who was a minister of war/defense of Cambodia during the Lon Nol Government from 1970-75. He left Cambodia when the country fell to the Khmer Rouge. His other associate was Minister Sokam Koy who live in Stckton.
QuangCamRanh
QUOTE(Kambojiya @ May 17 2007, 02:38 PM) [snapback]2948962[/snapback]
^ May I ask why you need to know?

General Sosthène Fernandez was a Khmer-Filipino commander-in-chief of the Khmer National Armed Forces.

He is apart of our history and said to be a very influential General that lef the fight against the Khmer Rouge, Viet Cong and North Vietnamese.

But because of the cut off of U.S. support of military supplies his army was not able to maintain their tempo fighting against 3 enemies while the enemies were being supported by ACTIVE supply routes from the USSR and China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmer_National_Armed_Forces

QuangCamRanh
QUOTE(Viesnabotkampujia @ May 19 2007, 08:56 AM) [snapback]2952930[/snapback]

What state does General Sosthène Fernandez live in and has he written a book about his life as the formr Commander in Chief of the Khmer National Armed Forces and their struggle against communism in Cambodia?

Is the General still living?
lemongrass
QUOTE(QuangCamRanh @ May 19 2007, 12:03 AM) [snapback]2953548[/snapback]
General Sosthène Fernandez was a Khmer-Filipino commander-in-chief of the Khmer National Armed Forces.

He is apart of our history and said to be a very influential General that lef the fight against the Khmer Rouge, Viet Cong and North Vietnamese.

But because of the cut off of U.S. support of military supplies his army was not able to maintain their tempo fighting against 3 enemies while the enemies were being supported by ACTIVE supply routes from the USSR and China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmer_National_Armed_Forces

Thanks for the info.
Viesnabotkampujia
QUOTE(QuangCamRanh @ May 19 2007, 12:11 AM) [snapback]2953557[/snapback]
What state does General Sosthène Fernandez live in and has he written a book about his life as the formr Commander in Chief of the Khmer National Armed Forces and their struggle against communism in Cambodia?

Is the General still living?

I knew almost his entire offsprings lived in Arizona. One of his daughter was shot to death by her husband in 1999. So does the whole In Tam crews.They are living in Arizona too. I knew all the In Tam grand children.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.