Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The ROK
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Korean Chat > Korean Serious Talk
Bulldogg
Offered $20 million U.S to the Taliban in exchange for the rest of the hostages. Talibans are denying this, but i read in a newspaper that the Taliban plan to buy more stronger weapons and armory to combat.

Can anybody confirm this?

Something must of exchanged hands, for certain. You just don't capture so many people and then free them. I think there are internal problems with the Allliance and ROK.
enomosiki
QUOTE(Bulldogg @ Sep 5 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]3189548[/snapback]
Offered $20 million U.S to the Taliban in exchange for the rest of the hostages. Talibans are denying this, but i read in a newspaper that the Taliban plan to buy more stronger weapons and armory to combat.

Something must of exchanged hands, for certain. You just don't capture so many people and then free them. I think there are internal problems with the Allliance and ROK.

Nobody's sure what actually happened. A regional Taliban commander said that they received more than USD$20m for the exchange of the hostages, while the senior Taliban leadership and the ROK government are denying this. For all I care, it could be a mere propaganda used by the Taliban commander.
americandream
QUOTE(Bulldogg @ Sep 5 2007, 01:55 PM) [snapback]3189548[/snapback]

its been confirmed by many taliban and afghan government. sad, but the price that americans pay for korean actions are steep
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.