Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: China's Bhutan incursion alarms India
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > India Chat > India Serious Talk
the_falcon
seriously cant u guys just leave others alone .......... icon_confused.gif

i bet ur doing all this to demoralise people .......... Talktohand.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3EuDaOBUM4

dont mind nitin's accent he is one of the older generation indians ........
VAMAN
China's Bhutan incursion alarms India

NDTV Correspondent
Thursday, December 6, 2007 (Nitin Gokhale)

External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee held a high level meeting with top defence officials as India is worried about developments on the eastern front of the country.

The Indian Army has raised an alarm at the increasing Chinese forays into Bhutan, which are close to the strategic Chumbi Valley - the tri-junction between India, Bhutan and China.

The trouble is a small stretch of China's border with Bhutan. Over the past six months, the Chinese have increasingly started making inroads to the strategically important area.

The incursions into Bhutan are precariously close to India's chicken's neck - the vulnerable Siliguri Corridor, linking the Northeast.

Wednesday's meeting between the defence minister, National Security Adviser MK Narayanan and top MEA and MoD officials took stock of this delicate situation.

India feels that there's a larger Chinese military aim behind the incursions to test Indian army's preparedness.

At the moment, Indian military strength is depleted in the East. One of the divisions normally based in hills of West Bengal is currently deployed in Kashmir.

The other division located at Binaguri would be rendered ineffective in case Chinese slice through Bhutan and cut the Siliguri corridor off.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20070035139
Jagger
By "u guys", you mean the Chinese, right?
Titanium
I'm sure he meant Martians.
VAMAN
QUOTE(Titanium @ Dec 8 2007, 03:33 PM) [snapback]3355092[/snapback]
I'm sure he meant Martians.

He is reffering to Chinese only. The PLA is making incursions inside Bhutan.
Titanium
Hmm interesting, I'll look into this topic
zodiacgrl89
I really hope it's not as bad as it sounds, China did occupy tibet.
the_falcon
copy and paste from chinese forum ...........

i dont think vietnam needs to be concerned ........ china wont attack an asian country but with india its different ..........
china wants to attack india so that it can demoralise the people plus it will stop foreign countries from investing in india and
thus bring down the number of competitors for china .......

they will come near the border start firing and then say that indians were the one who started
it, any excuse to start a war go barging in and then declare to the world how they overcame the great indians thumbsdown.gif

if u dont believe me check out the wiki articles about china-vietnam , china - japan or any other china wars they dont have much chinese but for the china-india article u have millions of chinese discussing it why ?? .......... cos its a racial thing they hate the way indians look ........ i guess the caucasian look pisses them off .........

china has been so badly humiliated and disgraced in the japanese war that they have lost their minds they cannot bear to see happiness in other people ....... they want others to suffer ......... icon_neutral.gif

Jagger
QUOTE(the_falcon @ Dec 9 2007, 02:44 PM) [snapback]3357242[/snapback]

i dont think vietnam needs to be concerned ........ china wont attack an asian country but with india its different ..........
china wants to attack india so that it can demoralise the people plus it will stop foreign countries from investing in india and

they will come near the border start firing and then say that indians were the one who started
it, any excuse to start a war go barging in and then declare to the world how they overcame the great indians thumbsdown.gif

if u dont believe me check out the wiki articles about china-vietnam , china - japan or any other china wars they dont have much chinese but for the china-india article u have millions of chinese discussing it why ?? .......... cos its a racial thing they hate the way indians look ........ i guess the caucasian look pisses them off .........

china has been so badly humiliated and disgraced in the japanese war that they have lost their minds they cannot bear to see happiness in other people ....... they want others to suffer ......... icon_neutral.gif

You're starting to remind me of Rahul for some reason.
maersk
chinese will attack arunchal pradesh. theyve been claiming that province for decades and it wouldent suprise me a bit if all this bhutan stuff was a ruse to distract the indians, or if the chinese just swallowed bhutan and arunchal pradesh at the same time.
VAMAN
QUOTE(maersk @ Dec 14 2007, 09:15 PM) [snapback]3367354[/snapback]
chinese will attack arunchal pradesh. theyve been claiming that province for decades and it wouldent suprise me a bit if all this bhutan stuff was a ruse to distract the indians, or if the chinese just swallowed bhutan and arunchal pradesh at the same time.

Do you think that Indians don't know all this? It is not 1962. They dare set foot and it will be cut off.
VAMAN
What will happen next, I have no idea. But this is serious. India is sending tropps there as well. We are not afraid of the dragon.

Eye on China, troops relocating to Bengal

SUJAN DUTTA

Dec. 12: The Indian Army is relocating a division of troops to North Bengal from Jammu after the security establishment has taken stock of a Chinese move into a high plateau in Bhutan named Dolam.

Major elements of the 27 Mountain Division have already moved out and among these are units of the 164 Mountain Brigade based in Kalimpong, an army headquarters source has confirmed to The Telegraph.

A Chinese move into Dolam means that India’s border with China gets distorted at Sikkim’s tri-point with Bhutan. It also means that Chinese forces move a few kilometres south from where they originally were. It brings them closer to North Bengal’s Siliguri Corridor. China has always laid claim to Dolam. There is a suspicion that it has now extended its claim line.

But the Indian Army does not want to ring alarm bells. This is the season of confidence-building measures with China. Defence minister A.K. Antony posed for happy pictures with Chinese soldiers in Nathu-la on December 2, minutes before he took off from the Sherathang helipad for an aerial survey of the area that is disputed.

The move to relocate the 27 Mountain Division to Kalimpong is also based on an assessment of lowered threat perceptions along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir.

At least three flag meetings between Chinese and Indian Army officers have taken place in Nathu-la since August this year.

In the last flag meeting on November 27, days before Antony visited Sikkim, the Indian side showed pictures and video footage of perceived transgressions to the Chinese. The visuals were also shown to the defence minister during an operational briefing in Nathu-la.

The decision to relocate the 27 Mountain Division was taken following consultations involving the Eastern Command, the Northern Command and briefings for Antony, national security adviser M.K. Narayanan and army chief General Deepak Kapoor.

Antony was taken on a helicopter survey of the frontage of the border with China in Sikkim. Indian troops manning posts along the ridgeline that defines the border were asked to light smoke-emitting candles from their bunkers for the defence minister to be able to distinguish the positions during his visit to Nathu-la.

Antony was given a detailed appreciation on the India-China-Bhutan tri-junction (bordering Sikkim). It was pointed out to him that the Dolam Plateau in Bhutan lay immediately east of the tri-junction. A stream called the Torsa Nullah flows west to east across it.

On the east the Dolam Plateau is skirted by the Amo Chhu stream that flows north-south from the Chumbi Valley to Bhutan and then enters Bengal at Jaldhaka where the state government has a hydel project.

The tri-junction was identified as roughly equidistant from the two Indian posts at Dokala (bordering Bhutan) and Batang La (bordering China). Dokala overlooks Dolam which is at a lower altitude.

The relocation of troops comes ahead of an Indian Army contingent’s visit to Kunming in China for a first joint drill next week. The Prime Minister is scheduled to visit China in January.

The army emphasises that the movement of the division is a defensive measure. The 27 Mountain Division is moving to its original base, about seven years after it was deployed under the Northern Command.

But the army’s Eastern Command is disconcerted that the Dolam Valley — a largely-barren 20sqkm plateau that an officer in the capital described as “less than the size of Lutyen’s Delhi” — has become the venue of frequent Chinese patrols.

The valley is in Bhutan. The army wonders why Bhutan is not making an issue of the Chinese presence that may have been incrementally scaled up from frequent patrolling to frequent camping.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1071213/asp/frontpage/story_8663893.asp
VietGuy7
Hmm. Looks like Beijing is up to its old tricks. Talktohand.gif

The Indian military is much, much stronger than it was in 1962, so PLA troops aren't gonna have a good time if they try something.
ReichsLeiter
1962 was different. had the chinese reached the plaisn of assam, indian armor would have had destroyed the chinese army, as the chinese infantry would be without armored support. do the chinese really think china can beat india now. not to speak of the nukes.
ReichsLeiter
well do u knw, india virtually had no army back then. nehru was so convinced that india won't be gettin' into any that he was soon gonna cut the number of troops to a even lesser number. the war was a big eye opener. prior to 1962, india didn't had roads in arunachal pradesh, but now the network is quite good. also in 1962 the PLA moved at a much faster rate then their supplies.
sahaliyan
QUOTE(ReichsLeiter @ Dec 24 2007, 02:22 PM) [snapback]3383488[/snapback]
well do u knw, india virtually had no army back then. nehru was so convinced that india won't be gettin' into any that he was soon gonna cut the number of troops to a even lesser number. the war was a big eye opener. prior to 1962, india didn't had roads in arunachal pradesh, but now the network is quite good. also in 1962 the PLA moved at a much faster rate then their supplies.

But China didn't have a road to Arunachal too,and we face more difficulties than Indians,PLA still did a good jod.Anyway,this is past,I wish China and India never happen a war again.
ReichsLeiter
getting to tawang from tibet(and ladakh) is more easier than going from assam to tawang. just so that u knw
also if m not wrong IA used WWII time guns. but in the end it was a failure on the part of nehru and indian generals and the PLA won. but to this day i can't understand why they retreated from arunachal?
maersk
i think PLA withdrew from arunchal when the indians ceded them aksai chin.
ReichsLeiter
indian didn't ceded them anything. btw aruanchal was more important to china than aksai chin.
kkdkckrl
QUOTE(sahaliyan @ Dec 25 2007, 03:33 AM) [snapback]3385014[/snapback]
I don't know why Chairman Mao gave up Arunachal,PLA won the war,but they withdrew from arunchal.

bcoz it doesn't belong to China. 2nd It wasn't a full-fledged war, rather a border skirmish. Plus China had/ still has NO moral legitamacy over these territories. If China did keep the territories, it would have made India a full-fledged hostile neighbor that would have actively seeked to destabilize China and arming dissidents throughout China.
ReichsLeiter
so why does the chinese keep claiming it?
sahaliyan
QUOTE(ReichsLeiter @ Dec 26 2007, 04:17 PM) [snapback]3386185[/snapback]
so why does the chinese keep claiming it?

Because former regime,Chiang Kie shek's KMT didn't admit McMahon Line,so CCP can't admit McMahon Line.We all know CCP blme KMT is traitor,if CCP admit McMahon Line,people will say:"even those traitors didn't admit this line,why you admit it?"
We all know Tawang is the 6th dalai lama's hometown,if China gave up it,Tibetans in China will blame CCP lose Tibetan territory
kkdkckrl
QUOTE(sahaliyan @ Dec 26 2007, 05:45 AM) [snapback]3386288[/snapback]
We all know Tawang is the 6th dalai lama's hometown,if China gave up it,Tibetans in China will blame CCP lose Tibetan territory

It is the most lamest reason for claiming a territory. "oh its the birthplace of 6th dalai lama". Well, India can make its' own claim as it being under direct Indian control for 50 Years, it belongs to India, and unlike Chinese, ppl there elect their own leaders. Ppl in tawang DON'T LIKE China, and will never be part of it, and India would never allow it.
ReichsLeiter
^agree with that post.
MrShao
as a chinese, i am shame to admit i only heard about the word 'Bhutan' five times in my life. PLA incursion of Bhutan is the fifth time. Hey don't laugh at me.

i have absolutely zero knowledge on that country. how many you are with me?
the_falcon
QUOTE(sahaliyan @ Dec 23 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]3383301[/snapback]
Not true,my dear friend,in this war,Indian army lost 4885 troops and Chinese army captured 3,968 Indian troops.China lost 722 troops(640 soldiers),no one was captured by Indians.PLA didn't want to invade Assam,Arunachal and Aksai Chin is their interests.

please dont post fake numbers go on wikipedia and quote correct numbers ..........

chinese strength - 80,000

india -
Killed 1,460
None captured
Wounded 1,697

china -
Killed 3,128
Captured 3,968
Wounded 548

the reason none was captured by the indian army is because when u capture a soldier u need to stand and guard him
thus rendering u incapable to participate in the war ........ if the soldier u captured escapes he can cause trouble from within
and also steal vital information ....... because of the smaller size of the indian force defending they decided to wound or kill
the soldiers making the enemy soldiers incapable or unfit to participate in the war ........ icon_neutral.gif

to capture soldiers u need a large part of ur army to stand guarding the captured soldiers thus wasting time and manpower ...... an easier alternative to this would be to kill or wound the enemy soldiers - much more effective ........
sahaliyan
QUOTE(the_falcon @ Dec 28 2007, 12:15 AM) [snapback]3388095[/snapback]
please dont post fake numbers go on wikipedia and quote correct numbers ..........

chinese strength - 80,000

india -
Killed 1,460
None captured
Wounded 1,697

china -
Killed 3,128
Captured 3,968
Wounded 548

the reason none was captured by the indian army is because when u capture a soldier u need to stand and guard him
thus rendering u incapable to participate in the war ........ if the soldier u captured escapes he can cause trouble from within
and also steal vital information ....... because of the smaller size of the indian force defending they decided to wound or kill
the soldiers making the enemy soldiers incapable or unfit to participate in the war ........ icon_neutral.gif

to capture soldiers u need a large part of ur army to stand guarding the captured soldiers thus wasting time and manpower ...... an easier alternative to this would be to kill or wound the enemy soldiers - much more effective ........

Where you get this information?And still you lost more troops than Chinese army.
Sorry,I can't visit wikipedia,it is blocked in China.
ReichsLeiter
it was some 3000 indians captured
the_falcon
QUOTE(sahaliyan @ Dec 25 2007, 03:33 AM) [snapback]3385014[/snapback]
I don't know why Chairman Mao gave up Arunachal,PLA won the war,but they withdrew from arunchal.

they did it because by then the cuban missile crisis ended and america was free to deal with china ........... so as a gesture of friendship they withdrew so that the indians should not get nationalistic use the american airforce help and blast the living daylights out of china .......... thats the reason they withdrew

but later when they got the nuclear capabilities in 1964 they reinstated their claims to arunachal ......... simple
Mid-Night_Sun
QUOTE(the_falcon @ Dec 9 2007, 11:44 AM) [snapback]3357242[/snapback]

1. go argue with the Koreans who Chinese think more about biggrin.gif (youre both delusional though, Taiwan has overall priority)
2. Caucasian? LOL the next time i see a hairy brown guy ill be sure to ask where in Europe hes from
3. Japanese just pissed us off, and you better believe that if it was couple hundred years back there would be no Japan right now. you think its coincidence Japan attacked during Chinas worst century? India is the last country that should talk about humiliation and disgrace. especially if you are going to talk about China.
MrShao
QUOTE(sahaliyan @ Dec 27 2007, 10:56 PM) [snapback]3389140[/snapback]
Where you get this information?And still you lost more troops than Chinese army.
Sorry,I can't visit wikipedia,it is blocked in China.

don't believe a word Folcon said. He is clearly mentally challenged. 1. he can't read the number right on the wiki 2. free flow imagination on how indians kills POW. 3. wiki source on Sino-india war is written by a Indian person, filled with the anecdotal indian accounts. no any troop deployment, strength, and movement informations pertains to this military conflicts. it reads like an indian bollywood movie script, focusing solely on 'heroic indian warriors withstood chinese human wave attack'. no division/brigade/regimental series number at all. who is charge, charge of what? two phantom armies.

keyword: bollywood period movie.

the_falcon
QUOTE(MrShao @ Jan 2 2008, 03:26 PM) [snapback]3398430[/snapback]
don't believe a word Folcon said. He is clearly mentally challenged. 1. he can't read the number right on the wiki 2. free flow imagination on how indians kills POW. 3. wiki source on Sino-india war is written by a Indian person, filled with the anecdotal indian accounts. no any troop deployment, strength, and movement informations pertains to this military conflicts. it reads like an indian bollywood movie script, focusing solely on 'heroic indian warriors withstood chinese human wave attack'. no division/brigade/regimental series number at all. who is charge, charge of what? two phantom armies.

keyword: bollywood period movie.

omg u fool u changed the numbers in the article ............. u fu-king fool .......... embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif

its been corrected ......... they should seriously put a lock on that article ............. hahahahahaha

im not even sure wether its the correct one now ........ some chinese dude will probably change it again .......... hahahaha
sahaliyan
QUOTE(the_falcon @ Jan 3 2008, 06:17 AM) [snapback]3398542[/snapback]
omg u fool u changed the numbers in the article ............. u fu-king fool .......... embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif

its been corrected ......... they should seriously put a lock on that article ............. hahahahahaha
im not even sure wether its the correct one now ........ some chinese dude will probably change it again .......... hahahaha

I don't know how many Indian sodiers died,but indeed China lost 722 troops,640 are soldiers,82 are officers.
In China,BBS,Wiki,VOA and many websites are blocked,how can they change it?
MrShao
QUOTE(sahaliyan @ Jan 2 2008, 11:06 PM) [snapback]3399184[/snapback]
I don't know how many Indian sodiers died,but indeed China lost 722 troops,640 are soldiers,82 are officers.
In China,BBS,Wiki,VOA and many websites are blocked,how can they change it?

i don't know what falcon is talking about. i willn't bother to reply to him because his stuff merits no discussion. kids talk. don't waste your time.

in fact, until this days, indian government has not declassified the war dairy . that's to say, their published version of Sino-india war is quite different from the records locked in the archive.

the outcome of conflict is clear, indian army's 2-3 brigades were totally wiped out. Another PLA's classical battle of pincer-encirclement. one indian brigade was WWII elite unit. The victory is so overwhelming, Nehru instantly abandons his 'non-alliance' policy, and starts to accept American's military aids.

today, no one in china believes india is a threat because of that. hey don't blame Nebru, he was a lawyer. Mao fought 30 yrs non-stop.
of course, there is no glory fighting with indian. we used to be good neighbors, and we learned alot from them.
Mid-Night_Sun
QUOTE(the_falcon @ Jan 2 2008, 07:17 PM) [snapback]3398542[/snapback]

dude, you try and make it seem like we Chinese are trying to rub this in your face.

1. everybody knows what happened, even your fellow Indians. even when this topic was brought up in my law class (about border disputes and such) they joked about getting their asses kicked. YOU are the only one in denial.

2. Chinese dont even care, i wouldnt be surprised if more then half didnt even know about it. Taiwan and Japan, thats our concern.

3. wasnt the whole thing about India the ghandi dude anyway? peaceful protest or w/e is your method. i dont even see why you care about violent disputes. its not even in your arena.
froglee
QUOTE(MrShao @ Jan 3 2008, 03:49 PM) [snapback]3400507[/snapback]
i don't know what falcon is talking about. i willn't bother to reply to him because his stuff merits no discussion. kids talk. don't waste your time.

in fact, until this days, indian government has not declassified the war dairy . that's to say, their published version of Sino-india war is quite different from the records locked in the archive.

the outcome of conflict is clear, indian army's 2-3 brigades were totally wiped out. Another PLA's classical battle of pincer-encirclement. one indian brigade was WWII elite unit. The victory is so overwhelming, Nehru instantly abandons his 'non-alliance' policy, and starts to accept American's military aids.

today, no one in china believes india is a threat because of that. hey don't blame Nebru, he was a lawyer. Mao fought 30 yrs non-stop.
of course, there is no glory fighting with indian. we used to be good neighbors, and we learned alot from them.

Also two Indian generals were captured by the Chinese during the war.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.