Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I make my legs straight?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Beauty, Health, & Fashion
canister
My calves curve out and it just makes me feel really self conscious. Is there a way I can straighten them out?
utarah
i am afraid the only effective method will involve surgery.
yawn
You can do anything if you believe in yourself.
gosutron
I wouldnt worry so much about it, I know alot of asian girls that walk weird. They cant keep their feet straight
mndeg
bow legged? can you run?
ilu
LOL ARE U BOW LEGGED? Aww.. i'm sure it's not that noticeable.
kludge
UHHH.

Either take vitamin D + Calcium tablets and/or ROFL at your misery.
babelone
QUOTE(canister @ Apr 23 2008, 03:57 AM) [snapback]3655426[/snapback]
My calves curve out and it just makes me feel really self conscious. Is there a way I can straighten them out?

It looks like you have ever so slightly inward pointing toes, albeit fine bone structure.

Not much real advice comes to mind. Only the vague idea of cycling. The reason why is the toeclips and straps that professional cyclists wear which keep the balls of the feet on the pedal axis to assist circular cadences, but more importantly, help keep the feet and lower legs from the knee tending towards perfectly straight, unlike the typical mountain-bike arrangement where you see recreational obesitites with almost their heels on the conrods and feet pointing any which way.

Another one might be regular running training but without the correct footwork, excess pressure might lead to knee injury. Gymnastics or something like that? Still not the direction that a pair of rotating wheels can provide, but it must relate to training of some sort, because it looks like muscle, and not bone.

Maybe if you have the time to go for a good bike ride (WITH TOECLIPS!) two or three times a week, your muscles will feel more comfortable with letting your bones point your feet straight ahead. Really about the only thing that comes to mind that I'd trust to suggest, but it might work now that it's coming on Summer in Wyoming. beerchug.gif

pun187

Do your legs look like in the pic above or like the girls' on the pic you posted? If they look like the pic above, your legs are normal. If they look like the girls' on the pic you posted, you have "knock knees". I assume that you're our of puberty. So you can't really do anything about knock knees, except getting surgery.

To check If you have knock knees, just make your knees touch each other while standing. Now If your knees are touching each other and your ankles are not, you have knock knees. If both, knees and ankles are touching each other, you are totally fine.
planxty
QUOTE(canister @ Apr 23 2008, 04:57 AM) [snapback]3655426[/snapback]

Can you post a pic? They might not be as bad as you think. icon_smile.gif
jbee89
QUOTE(planxty @ Apr 23 2008, 04:35 PM) [snapback]3656876[/snapback]
Can you post a pic? They might not be as bad as you think. icon_smile.gif

u can like twist ur legs outward, and hold it there for 15 minutes each every day i think. . someone told me it works. so i dunno.. worth a try..
Brian T
Holy $hit, those chicks walk all kinds of fu-ked up
m12
cut them off.
canister
QUOTE(pun187 @ Apr 23 2008, 03:09 AM) [snapback]3655886[/snapback]

Do your legs look like in the pic above or like the girls' on the pic you posted? If they look like the pic above, your legs are normal. If they look like the girls' on the pic you posted, you have "knock knees". I assume that you're our of puberty. So you can't really do anything about knock knees, except getting surgery.

To check If you have knock knees, just make your knees touch each other while standing. Now If your knees are touching each other and your ankles are not, you have knock knees. If both, knees and ankles are touching each other, you are totally fine.

My knees and ankles touch which standing...it's just that my calves curve out and it bothers me. I'm only 15, do you think I still have a chance of straightening out the calf area by doing stretching exercises?
Chillin
sure, but i dont think it needs repair..is beautiful ok,,,
Jasel
I always thought that looked weird as hell. I really doubt most people care though. Be happy with what you got.
daisywheeler
QUOTE(canister @ Apr 22 2008, 06:57 PM) [snapback]3655426[/snapback]

QUOTE(kludge @ Apr 22 2008, 11:14 PM) [snapback]3655856[/snapback]
UHHH.

Either take vitamin D + Calcium tablets and/or ROFL at your misery.

This condition results from vitamin D and calcium deficiency in children. If you're older, it's a tad late.
Though taking adequate nutrients will alleviate your condition, it won't straighten to its normal form.
Try avoid a monk posture especially both of your legs are cross-over during meditation.
pun187
QUOTE(canister @ Apr 24 2008, 03:01 AM) [snapback]3657185[/snapback]
My knees and ankles touch which standing...

I see, that's good to hear. The problem doesn't lie in your bone structure then.
QUOTE(canister @ Apr 24 2008, 03:01 AM) [snapback]3657185[/snapback]
it's just that my calves curve out and it bothers me. I'm only 15, do you think I still have a chance of straightening out the calf area by doing stretching exercises?

Yes you can make them appear straighter through exercise.

As you can see on the pic below, our calf muscles (gastrocnemius) have two heads. The inner-/medial and outer-head.

Your problem is that the outer heads of your calf muscles are more developed than the inner- (also known as medial-) heads.

I'll show you what I mean. On the pic below you can see how normal calves look like. The red marked spots are your calf muscles when you look at them from the front of your legs.

If the inner head of your calf muscle isn't well developed, it would look like in the pic below.

The calves look curved out. icon_neutral.gif

A good work out, which would effectively hit the inner head of your calves is the "donkey calf raise".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO0UuYrBx8k

Since you're a girl, a very young one also, do it without any additional weights on your back.

VietPunk
"Why are you getting so angry? Do you have some problems going on in your life? Maybe you should talk to someone about it, would make you feel alot better." pun-187

no, the problem is with you and your position as a mod. who was the first to get angry and being defensive about a joke? you are arguably the worst mod ever. power hungry and the trying to defend your (horrible) actions?
BadEducation
Looks like normal Asian trait.
daisywheeler
QUOTE(BadEducation @ Apr 24 2008, 03:33 PM) [snapback]3659022[/snapback]
Looks like normal Asian trait.

Tell that to the cowboys icon_wink.gif

Environment factor particularly diet sounds more sensible than genetics which was reinforced by environment factor in a way icon_confused.gif
BadEducation
I've seen a lot of Asian Girls particularly East Asian Girls with those kind of legs.
canister
QUOTE(pun187 @ Apr 24 2008, 06:57 AM) [snapback]3658087[/snapback]
I see, that's good to hear. The problem doesn't lie in your bone structure then.

Yes you can make them appear straighter through exercise.

As you can see on the pic below, our calf muscles (gastrocnemius) have two heads. The inner-/medial and outer-head.

Your problem is that the outer heads of your calf muscles are more developed than the inner- (also known as medial-) heads.

I'll show you what I mean. On the pic below you can see how normal calves look like. The red marked spots are your calf muscles when you look at them from the front of your legs.

If the inner head of your calf muscle isn't well developed, it would look like in the pic below.

The calves look curved out. icon_neutral.gif

A good work out, which would effectively hit the inner head of your calves is the "donkey calf raise".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO0UuYrBx8k

Since you're a girl, a very young one also, do it without any additional weights on your back.

Thanks, this was really helpful. biggthumpup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.