Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you think the Future US Presidency will affects its policy on Cambo
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Cambodian / Khmer Chat
Nikkie_nid
Obama or McCain, well! I'm in Cambodia so I cant vote. But I do want to know whether there will be any kind of changes, in term of policy, onto the behaviour of US White House for Cambodian Government.

And to honestly express my opinion, McCain is not gonna ease the situation for us, coz he seems to care for the Iraq War and its continuation and even to the extension of war if elected.

Obama, who will makes miracle if elected, will care more about homeland developments and his wave of "change."

But are "we" involve in his "change"?
Goombaking209
What current policies is affecting Cambodia by the current US government?
kown_chma
America is like a tail, the world is like a dog. Wag the dog.
menghuy
QUOTE(Nikkie_nid @ Jun 5 2008, 04:43 AM) [snapback]3736944[/snapback]
Obama or McCain, well! I'm in Cambodia so I cant vote. But I do want to know whether there will be any kind of changes, in term of policy, onto the behaviour of US White House for Cambodian Government.

And to honestly express my opinion, McCain is not gonna ease the situation for us, coz he seems to care for the Iraq War and its continuation and even to the extension of war if elected.

Obama, who will makes miracle if elected, will care more about homeland developments and his wave of "change."

But are "we" involve in his "change"?

cambodia is just a piece of hair. there are lot of important things to be change elsewhere ....especially in the usa
khamara
I don't see it happening, Obama.like other processor before him, liar,liar. It's would be miracle if he could do something about these gas prices, bring the troops home, and pay all those deficits.

Nid, my compadre you have to much free time on your hand, stop thinking about the US, just focus on Election in Cambodia. Win or lose US politics play a small role in Cambodia issue like meng said.
Nikkie_nid
So, thats the answer. Thanks alot
lemongrass
Well Nikki,
In my opinion, regardless who win the US Presidency, the US foreign policy toward Cambodia will always be the same, eyes on the prize(oil). Ever since the discovery of oil in Cambodian territory, the US have made its presence known by sending warships to project its power. In the present state of shifting global power from the to Asia, the US will try very hard to hold on to its position as a power player on the world stage. The rising power of China and India is a competition.
Some of you may think that Cambodia is a hair, I think it is a patch of hair ever since the oil story come about.
Goombaking209
No matter what I think Cambodia has enough visible scars from trusting the US and China. Its no surprise Cambodia is getting free stuff from both countries.
khamara
Goomba and Lemongrass you both sum it up real well, I couldn't agreed more on that !
Nikkie_nid
Showing respect to you all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.