i took pictures in quebec! its only my 2nd time in quebec since my 1st 6 yrs ago. alot has changed and alot of improvements were made since my last visit. a european jewel in north america. you cant find it elsewhere here in this continent. it was a nice trip, but there were some things that bugged me during the trip.
let me start with the cons:
- quebec drivers are the worst drivers in canada. what i mean by quebec is not only quebec city itself but the whole province of quebec. if not everyone, most of them are horrible rude drivers. its like driving in the philippines in a different setting. they dont signal their turns and lane switches and would cut you without notice. they tail gate like crazy. quebecers are horrible at parking. no wonder the speed limit there is lower than the average road in ontario. the driving in quebec is probably the product of a confusing motorway system and unusual road rules. the freeways would randomly turn into normal roads out of nowhere, and normal roads would randomly turn into highways lol. on-ramps and off-ramps are dangerously short. in quebec, you are not allowed to make a right turn in a red light. in some traffic lights, there are specific right turn lights. and their traffic lights are positioned horizontal, unlike the usual vertical. the roads are rough and bumpy and narrow compared to ontario roads and highways. all road signs are written in french. i thought toronto was bad, montreal is 2 times worse.
- quebec vehicles dont have plate numbers in the front.
- most establishment signs are written in french.
- it bugged me that most quebecers are bilingual. they spoke french as their first language and english as their 2nd. you can speak to them in english and theyd talk back in english. while most canadians outside of quebec would brush off french and wouldnt try learning it. so its very hard for the rest of canada to accommodate french canadians that dont speak english in english speaking provinces. i just felt guilty during the stay.. bugged me alot. its unfair for them, no wonder they feel distinct from canada. but then if they didnt, quebec would be just another boring canadian province.
now with the pros:
- ironic thing is, despite bad driving, i saw more sick cars there than in ontario.
- european culture in north america
- beautiful 17th century (starting from the 1600s) french architecture mixed with beautiful modern architecture
- old quebec city has lots of elegant shops and restaurants in between narrow alley ways and main streets. cobble stone roads and sidewalks within the walls. gypsies and their cool jazz music. street performers everywhere. the city is alive at night, its a romantic atmosphere. ideal place for honeymoons. ---- quebec city is also a stop over for cruise ships.
- there are lots of trees everywhere. we went there this autumn season, so the trees were colorful.
- quebecois girls are beautiful. theyre not like the french girls that dont shave their armpits OK!
- the malls in quebec are so much better than the malls in ontario. malls there are ugly outside, but the interior design of the malls there are nice. they showcase superior brand names in their shops and malls.
- quebecois people are very stylish. most of them rock the latest fashion of the season... people here in ontario are just too preppy and mediocre in style. i rarely saw anyone there wearing abercrombie, hollister, american eagle... all those gay crap.
- quebecois people are not snobbish like people say.
ill post pictures later.
QUOTE(salamat @ Oct 13 2008, 12:41 PM) [snapback]3963137[/snapback]
u gotta agree dat sh!t was funny
dont worry i got luv for da mormons...my catholic school teacher told me to luv everyone (no matter how f-cked up they r)...and yes EVEN the Mormons
damn straight twas funny!
thats right, thats the way to go though! love thy neighbor as thou lovest theyself nawmean