Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you sing our National Anthem?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Filipino Chat
redhorse
Do you know the lyrics? Can you sing it? Have you sang it before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2rmJgOkn_Y

AzNboii
i can barely understand it
ham_let
of course!

*confidently*
baaaaaayang magiliw, perlas ng silanganan, alab ng puso, sa dibdib mo'y buhay
lupang hinirang something so-something... blah blah blah blah blah pasisiil

*voice quiets down*
sa dagat at bundok
sa simoy'at something something something blah blah blah

*confidently again*
ang kislap ng watawat mo'y tagumpay ng nagniningning!! something something something something

Ummm

ang mamatay dhil sa 'yo

LOL.

icon_redface.gif

redhorse
^ ang galing mo embarassedlaugh.gif
DivadNhoj
You know it.

Lupang Hinirang > The Star Spangled Banner
tamang hinala
of course i sing... it and i know it.

its natural, when you study in the philippines even you don't sing it, you'll know the lyrics as soon as you heard it... but shame on the singer who forgot a line of the song... SHAME ON HIM!!!!
flipcombatmedic
QUOTE(martin_nuke @ Aug 11 2008, 02:48 AM) [snapback]3863693[/snapback]

who is that? is he filipino?
santoloco
QUOTE(flipcombatmedic @ Aug 11 2008, 08:06 PM) [snapback]3864676[/snapback]
who is that? is he filipino?

dude was a big joke on american idol lol. he performed at the final night too.
Najjiah
yes i can.
garouga
QUOTE(redhorse @ Aug 10 2008, 03:59 PM) [snapback]3862924[/snapback]

Yeah. Why do you ask?
Torete_ako_sa_yo
QUOTE(redhorse @ Aug 10 2008, 05:59 PM) [snapback]3862924[/snapback]

I sang it everyday when I went to school right after the morning prayer, then you do Panatang Makabayan, then sing Pilipinas kong Mahal or Bayan ko. The administrators then do their announcements, special news, words of wisdom, and all that stuff. If it rains, we go to first period class and just do our pledge through the speakers. They encourage regular students to go in front lead the prayer, or conduct and sing.

It was really tedious to stand in flag ceremony, line up with the CAT officers shouting at you, and having to stand there every morning, sometimes the sun is shining in your face. But I think it was really important because it gives each student a chance to think about what those patriotic pledges mean. Most people don't really give much thought to the meaning behind it though.

In the afternoon, we have another flag ceremony to bring the flag down. This is the norm for all public schools.
redhorse
QUOTE(garouga @ Aug 12 2008, 05:03 AM) [snapback]3864989[/snapback]
Yeah. Why do you ask?

Perhaps I should rephrase the question: "Filipinos who moved/live abroad and "FOB's" can you still sing our National Anthem?". I'm curious to know if there's any form of patriotic sense at all or are they completely engulfed by their adopted country.

QUOTE(Torete_ako_sa_yo @ Aug 12 2008, 07:18 AM) [snapback]3865250[/snapback]
I sang it everyday when I went to school right after the morning prayer, then you do Panatang Makabayan, then sing Pilipinas kong Mahal or Bayan ko. The administrators then do their announcements, special news, words of wisdom, and all that stuff. If it rains, we go to first period class and just do our pledge through the speakers. They encourage regular students to go in front lead the prayer, or conduct and sing.

It was really tedious to stand in flag ceremony, line up with the CAT officers shouting at you, and having to stand there every morning, sometimes the sun is shining in your face. But I think it was really important because it gives each student a chance to think about what those patriotic pledges mean. Most people don't really give much thought to the meaning behind it though.

In the afternoon, we have another flag ceremony to bring the flag down. This is the norm for all public schools.

Hahaha, though vaguely, I remember doing this when I was in primary school.
flipcombatmedic
I use to go to a Catholic school and everyday we had to do a prayer and then the national anthem....there were days like during lent when we fricking did the rosary twice or three times i don't remember then sing the national anthem and a version of i think it's freddy aguilar's bayan ko which ever is like the filipino version of america the beautiful
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.