Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Korean people insult korean people with chinesey eyes?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Korean Chat
DevineSoftDrink
Hello everyone i am Du Ma. A korean guy and i have noticed that koreans who live in korea will say things like 'eh she is so ugly her eyes is so small and slitty' and her face is like frying pan!

OK ok ok i agree that a face like a frying pan can be unattractive but slitty eyes dont have to be. One thing i notice my fellow koreans feel is that slitty eyes is undesirable which is weird because so many koreans and asians in genereal have slitty eyes.

How did we get to the stage where we feel slitty eyes should be something that is undesirable, ESPECIALLY considering it is a racial characteristic not only of asians but ESPECIALLY for koreans????

Its when i hear my korean relatives or others making comments like that plus all the asians in white countries wanting to be white that i wonder if we asians are some kind of mutation and deep down we know we are an indesirable mutation caused by nature and we are trying to get back to be real human beings again and not some anomoly, some freak of nature!

I mean why are the asian girls all trying to get double eyes? Were asian for christ sake! How come koreans who are i admit probably the most ch1nkiest race on earth can say 'ehh her eyes are so slitty' and mean it to be ugly. Mongols and Koreans are some really ch1nky race, i mean with chinese you got a odd guy here and there with the rounder eyes and same with japanese but with koreans we are genreally hella ch1nky so how did we look down on ch1nky eyes????? No wonder so many koreans get eye surgury! Why do we do this to ourselves? HOw did our social psyche evolve to be this way? We want the western standard of big eyes pointy nose.etc. OK koreans have pointy nose, more than perhaps a lot of chinese but the ch1nky eyes? You get what i mean?

WHat do you think?
Takashi
Idiot troll, get out.
WideAwake
YOU'RE NOT KOREAN. Probably an ESL troll like darkhamster. You sure didn't pick up the language if you think Du Ma is a Korean name.
DevineSoftDrink
QUOTE(WideAwake @ Aug 16 2008, 06:17 AM) [snapback]3873575[/snapback]
YOU'RE NOT KOREAN. Probably an ESL troll like darkhamster. You sure didn't pick up the language if you think Du Ma is a Korean name.

Your an idiot i am a korean u stupid paranoid !

Ask me anything in korean i am a goddamn korean! Hell why u think i am ESL? Im korean man god! okok ok i know Du ma is a vietnamese word but that was just a joke. I dont want to give my real name! so just call me Du ma!
DaeJang
QUOTE(WideAwake @ Aug 16 2008, 06:17 AM) [snapback]3873575[/snapback]
YOU'RE NOT KOREAN.

embarassedlaugh.gif
WideAwake
QUOTE(DevineSoftDrink @ Aug 16 2008, 06:29 AM) [snapback]3873590[/snapback]
okok ok i know Du ma is a vietnamese word but that was just a joke. I dont want to give my real name! so just call me Du ma!

You're not Korean. embarassedlaugh.gif
johnnyhamster
no its a legitimate question, and something i've been puzzled about myself. the degree of self-hate i encountered in korea, and the excessive plastic surgery for afore-mentioned "slitty" eyes, the jaw re-shapings (ouch!) and all the rest of it i guess can be put down to at least 2 major reasons: 1) genuine body image problems 2) a competitive surgery arms-race. I think it's fueled by number 1, and driven in a catch-22 type paradox of competitive appearance feedback - driven by the herd-like needs of a truly hive minded population, with its typical emphasis on results over methods. The end result, of course, is more conformity. just better looking conformity.
DevineCan
QUOTE(WideAwake @ Aug 16 2008, 06:47 AM) [snapback]3873611[/snapback]
You're not Korean. embarassedlaugh.gif

I AM GODDAMN KOREAN! KORYO SARAM! HANg@@k MINJU!

I AM KOREAN AS A BOWL OF NENG MION! MORE KOREAN THAN YOU PROBABLY BECAUSE I HAVE A KOREAN NAME! I DONT EVEN HAVE WESTERN NAME AND I LIVE IN WESTERN COUNTRY SO DONT SAY IM NOT KOREAN!

Back to topic:

Like even my mom will say this like:

'Ssung pun deg gi ga Nop ZHok Han Ge, Noon en Zhaaaaaak Zhi ZHing Ge, ehhh Mot do seng gios soh'

Translation: Flat face, slitty eyes, eh ugly! I think i heard this in KOrean dramas too and i know my korean people.

So dont say im trolling coz im serious! I dont want us to have this kind of mentality its wrong!
kaizen
GTFO faker, you fail at life.
Takashi
QUOTE(kaizen @ Aug 16 2008, 01:35 PM) [snapback]3873658[/snapback]

embarassedlaugh.gif
DevineCan
QUOTE(kaizen @ Aug 16 2008, 07:35 AM) [snapback]3873658[/snapback]

Only constructive contributions to the thread please.
Viceversa
OMG!
So what is Chinese eyes?

This is what AF best at, they let these dumb topic to continue.
If this was posted at Chinese chat, this thread would have been removed by now.

Obviously, Mod is playing the racist game here.
DevineCan
QUOTE(Viceversa @ Aug 16 2008, 07:48 AM) [snapback]3873676[/snapback]
OMG!
So what is Chinese eyes?

This is what AF best at, they let these dumb topic to continue.
If this was posted at Chinese chat, this thread would have been removed by now.

CHinese means ch1nky eyes. The computer changes ch1nk to chinese! This is serious topic!
Takashi
QUOTE(Viceversa @ Aug 16 2008, 01:48 PM) [snapback]3873676[/snapback]

Obviously not.

Kchat mods aren't as active as those in Cchat. The only mod the two have in common is Gatts and you can't expect him to be online all the time.
DevineCan
QUOTE(Takashi @ Aug 16 2008, 07:51 AM) [snapback]3873681[/snapback]
Obviously not.

Kchat mods aren't as active as those in Cchat. The only mod the two have in common is Gatts and you can't expect him to be online all the time.

Why would a mod mess with my thread?! THeres nothing ill about my thread!

Your not even korean Takashi so butt out of domestic matters! I saw Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift! Takashi is a Japanese name!
Takashi
QUOTE(DevineCan @ Aug 16 2008, 01:54 PM) [snapback]3873687[/snapback]
Why would a mod mess with my thread?! THeres nothing ill about my thread!

Your not even korean Takashi so butt out of domestic matters!

Because it's clearly trolling. You're asking an unbelievably moronic, ignorant and offensive question.

Edit: As for the latter, do your research.
WideAwake
QUOTE(DevineCan @ Aug 16 2008, 07:01 AM) [snapback]3873622[/snapback]
I AM GODDAMN KOREAN! KORYO SARAM! HANg@@k MINJU!

Um, people nowadays use "hanguk saram". And it's "minjok" not "minju".

I AM KOREAN AS A BOWL OF NENG MION! MORE KOREAN THAN YOU PROBABLY BECAUSE I HAVE A KOREAN NAME! I DONT EVEN HAVE WESTERN NAME AND I LIVE IN WESTERN COUNTRY SO DONT SAY IM NOT KOREAN!

Um, I have a Korean name in real life, which is more than I can say for you.

'Ssung pun deg gi ga Nop ZHok Han Ge, Noon en Zhaaaaaak Zhi ZHing Ge, ehhh Mot do seng gios soh'

Translation: Flat face, slitty eyes, eh ugly! I think i heard this in KOrean dramas too and i know my korean people.

That's gibberish. Why don't you type it in real Korean? You don't have to be Korean to watch Korean dramas. You don't have a Korean mom because you're NOT Korean.

So dont say im trolling coz im serious! I dont want us to have this kind of mentality its wrong!

OK. ESL troll. embarassedlaugh.gif
SooJungGwa
QUOTE(DevineSoftDrink troll boy @ Aug 16 2008, 07:07 AM) [snapback]3873566[/snapback]
I mean why are the asian girls all trying to get double eyes? Were asian for christ sake! How come koreans who are i admit probably the most ch1nkiest race on earth can say 'ehh her eyes are so slitty' and mean it to be ugly. Mongols and Koreans are some really ch1nky race, i mean with chinese you got a odd guy here and there with the rounder eyes and same with japanese but with koreans we are genreally hella ch1nky so how did we look down on ch1nky eyes????? No wonder so many koreans get eye surgury! Why do we do this to ourselves? HOw did our social psyche evolve to be this way? We want the western standard of big eyes pointy nose.etc. OK koreans have pointy nose, more than perhaps a lot of chinese but the ch1nky eyes? You get what i mean?

WHat do you think?

^^ I think you're a fu-king retarded loser who got your @$$ whooped while teaching ESL in Korea.

You just hating on Korea because of the double eyelide surgery trend. Boo ho.

I bet I can blindfold you with a dental floss. You just hating because you can't afford that kind of $hit.

So fu-k off you troll.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.