Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rcmp would u do it for a job, what it like doing it
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Career / Job Chat
bosco
read the bottom part on rcmp what do you think

i like to hear your thoughts. would any of you guys do rcmp as a job or go into it. if so why or why not. i like to hear your reasons. be it too dangerous , not my thing, to i like to do it b/c its helpin the public, and good government job. would you do rcmp soley on the fact its a government job and the pay is very good 45k first yr and 80k after 3 yrs.

what it like being a rcmp. is it hard to get in. what do they look for.
is it like a slack job. do you just drive around a lot and go to tim hortons and hang out. is it very slow and u just watch dvd movie, and listen to ur ipod or is it a lot of work and fast pace and can be very dangerous work

would u see ur self doing rcmp or cop and would ur freinds see u doing it . why or why not

just like to hear some opinions and thoughts
BrooklynCarter
sure just as long as it's not boring
princessmartel
didn't you start a topic like this b4?

Anyways, i think the pay is very good, consider the amount of exprience you need to get the job. know this person that wanted to become a cop and she told me she needed 20 references on the resume.
HackGwai
QUOTE(bosco @ Oct 4 2008, 01:01 PM) [snapback]3950709[/snapback]

i like to hear your thoughts. would any of you guys do rcmp as a job or go into it. if so why or why not. i like to hear your reasons. be it too dangerous , not my thing, to i like to do it b/c its helpin the public, and good government job. would you do rcmp soley on the fact its a government job and the pay is very good 45k first yr and 80k after 3 yrs.

is it like a slack job. do you just drive around a lot and go to tim hortons and hang out. is it very slow and u just watch dvd movie, and listen to ur ipod or is it a lot of work and fast pace and can be very dangerous work

would u see ur self doing rcmp or cop and would ur freinds see u doing it . why or why not

I think they are in there last phase of hiring (3 phases).

Sign up for the preliminary session and from there you can sign up for the written test, sign up for this written test
ASAP. Go to the book store and get the Police exam guide. Go over it and this will prepare you for the test.

You will get results from this test within 3 months. During this three months get ready for the physical part; start
running and weight training. You will need to get a bunch of medical exams done also (also eye exam).
If you pass all this (and polygraph test) then you will go to Depot, you will get your basic training there. At
depot they pay you very little and its for at least 6 months. If you pass this then you will spend two years
with a RCMP constable (field training sort of). These two years are at another province (not your home province).
After this two year period you maybe eligible to transfer back to your home province.

I didn't see myself carrying gun let alone shoot someone and the money is okay, however earning 70k
in Manitoba is great. RCMP will always be one of the top three paid police forces in Canada.

Definitely sign up for the preliminary session (if you live in Toronto, they have sessions held at
yonge/sheppard).

Qkhanh
Paper work, paper work..

Also its really hard to get onto the force, I think there are more than a thousand applicants every year
kaysea
QUOTE(bosco @ Oct 4 2008, 01:01 PM) [snapback]3950709[/snapback]

From my experience its a decent job ... if your based out of a decent town/city. If they send you to remote regions your fu-ked, which is a very good possibility especially for new guys. If they station you out of a remote community its going to either be just you or you and a partner.

I was working at a small Inuit town and the locals got too drunk and ended up shooting the local RCMP with a shot gun ... there was no real help for 100's of km's and he ended up getting helivac'd out 4 hours later. Luckily the Inuit communities have some sort of self governance.

You'll be working in places like this

and living in place like this

indacut
I could never take a RCMP serious

xtragel
QUOTE(kaysea @ Jan 16 2009, 05:09 AM) [snapback]4087473[/snapback]
From my experience its a decent job ... if your based out of a decent town/city. If they send you to remote regions your fu-ked, which is a very good possibility especially for new guys. If they station you out of a remote community its going to either be just you or you and a partner.

I was working at a small Inuit town and the locals got too drunk and ended up shooting the local RCMP with a shot gun ... there was no real help for 100's of km's and he ended up getting helivac'd out 4 hours later. Luckily the Inuit communities have some sort of self governance.

You'll be working in places like this

and living in place like this

I do not think its that bad. It could be where you are located but here in BC we have crusiers, not horses. I wouldn't want to be one of the constables but out here would make more sense since we have bullet proof/resistant vest as well as a whole bunch of other things. I wouldn't mind being one out here in North Vancouver BC. Actually I'm considering it bcuz of my friends are workin there and he has mentioned it a few times to join them. Now i'm considering it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.