Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Anime & Manga Chat
ralfi
confused.gif

Disco Gestapo
embarassedlaugh.gif
ralfi
QUOTE(Disco Gestapo @ Oct 20 2008, 02:55 PM) [snapback]3974972[/snapback]
embarassedlaugh.gif

Hell, I know this is a stupid question because I'm a man myself. But I've never had a nosebleed just because I saw a naked girl. But in Manga the guys have nosebleed like a fountain.
Disco Gestapo
Maybe cause their brain can't take it, they get overheated, and a vein pops in their head and shoots out their face? dntknw.gif
NinjaHippoWarrior
Well, anime characters, like their creators, have small genitals. When you get turned on, blood rushes to your genitals. Since their genitals are so small, blood easily fills their genitals to the max, and the excess blood has no where else to go but through some orifice like the nostrils in the nose.
Vinceroni
As ignorant as NinjaHippo's response is, there is a possible grain of truth there. If the lining of the nose is weak and the naked girly smells good, that could increase bloodflow to the nasal passage, which might be too weak to support the flow.

The more likely answer is that it's a stereotype and such characters are complete tools. It doesn't happen in reality.
NinjaHippoWarrior
QUOTE(Vinceroni @ Oct 20 2008, 07:14 PM) [snapback]3975138[/snapback]
As ignorant as NinjaHippo's response is, there is a possible grain of truth there. If the lining of the nose is weak and the naked girly smells good, that could increase bloodflow to the nasal passage, which might be too weak to support the flow.

The more likely answer is that it's a stereotype and such characters are complete tools. It doesn't happen in reality.

Damn man. So much hate for me, eh?

I guess you can't take jokes very well.

Obviously, it's a cartoon. Having nose bleeds when seeing a naked girl just makes things more comical in a light-hearted way.

VietSk8rGUI
QUOTE(NinjaHippoWarrior @ Oct 20 2008, 05:27 PM) [snapback]3975152[/snapback]

dat dino looks like it can deep throat *nose bleeeeeds!!!!*
NinjaHippoWarrior
QUOTE(VietSk8rGUI @ Oct 20 2008, 07:45 PM) [snapback]3975187[/snapback]
dat dino looks like it can deep throat *nose bleeeeeds!!!!*

biggthumpup.gif
BrooklynCarter
wow.. i never knew that..? lol where did you hear that from?
kunomchu
blood is suppose to rush down to the wiener. I don't get it. And whats up with all those japanese animes with tons of girls around 1 gay guy? tenchi, ranma, love hina etc etc.
VietSk8rGUI
it is obviously a metaphor for jizz shooting out the head of the penis and there is only 2 way for the head of a men to shoot out like that...puke or nose bleed....and nose bleed made more sense cuz of the blood rush to the head of the penis
NinjaHippoWarrior
QUOTE(kunomchu @ Oct 21 2008, 12:45 AM) [snapback]3975653[/snapback]
blood is suppose to rush down to the wiener. I don't get it. And whats up with all those japanese animes with tons of girls around 1 gay guy? tenchi, ranma, love hina etc etc.

Yeah. It's very annoying how tons and tons of anime are exactly like this, revolving around a loser guy who is surrounded by girls who are supposed to be hot.

There are tons of good manga out there, but only the trashy commercialized ones get turned into anime.
Vinceroni
QUOTE(kunomchu @ Oct 20 2008, 11:45 PM) [snapback]3975653[/snapback]
And whats up with all those japanese animes with tons of girls around 1 gay guy? tenchi, ranma, love hina etc etc.

Pandering towards fantasies. Most of the audience for these kinds of shows are that loser/beta guy. You've gotta hand it to those anime companies; they know how to turn a buck.
JohnnyReb
QUOTE(kunomchu @ Oct 20 2008, 10:45 PM) [snapback]3975653[/snapback]

Wish fulfillment. Harem fantasies are all the same.

As for the nosebleed thing, it's whats known as a "literary shorthand". It just means the guy is getting an erection, that's all. No real logic behind it. Kind alike how when a couple dances in the rain in a Bollywood movie, it is a shorthand for them having sex.
Dim_Sum_4_U
QUOTE(JohnnyReb @ Oct 23 2008, 02:11 PM) [snapback]3980001[/snapback]
Wish fulfillment. Harem fantasies are all the same.

As for the nosebleed thing, it's whats known as a "literary shorthand". It just means the guy is getting an erection, that's all. No real logic behind it. Kind alike how when a couple dances in the rain in a Bollywood movie, it is a shorthand for them having sex.

Really?? Wow, I did not know that about bollywood movies. I have a friend that makes me watch them sometimes and I thought that dancing in the rain symbolizes them dating or him taking her out haha. Anyways, no one gets nosebleeds in real life. Anime is a cartoon and its not real. Every man gets a rod when they see a hot chick, there is no blood anywhere.
Suzuka00
it's only a effect,in some other manga boys go crazy when they are sexually aroused.
ralfi
QUOTE(Dim_Sum_4_U @ Oct 31 2008, 02:45 PM) [snapback]3990178[/snapback]
Really?? Wow, I did not know that about bollywood movies. I have a friend that makes me watch them sometimes and I thought that dancing in the rain symbolizes them dating or him taking her out haha. Anyways, no one gets nosebleeds in real life. Anime is a cartoon and its not real. Every man gets a rod when they see a hot chick, there is no blood anywhere.

Yeah, I know this is only fiction, but still it has to rely on a truth or an effect happening in real life, too. Otherwise no one wouldn't understand and it wouldn't be funny.

thanks for the replies
CheamKhmer
i get nosebleed from being punch in nose or jumping a pool with too much chlorine....dont kow how but happens to me everytime.
foxxywoxxy
QUOTE(NinjaHippoWarrior @ Oct 20 2008, 05:09 PM) [snapback]3975134[/snapback]
Well, anime characters, like their creators, have small genitals. When you get turned on, blood rushes to your genitals. Since their genitals are so small, blood easily fills their genitals to the max, and the excess blood has no where else to go but through some orifice like the nostrils in the nose.

okay, too funny embarassedlaugh.gif
LadyNessa
lol.
Jhereg108
Maybe they were always picking their noses when we're not looking and they scratches the membrane a bit too hard when they see women and get distracted?
VanityKills
high blood pressure! hahahaha! the intenstity heightens and they cant control the blood flow thats why it comes out on their nose? hahaha! just a thought...
cloudyski
QUOTE(NinjaHippoWarrior @ Oct 20 2008, 05:09 PM) [snapback]3975134[/snapback]

that sounds so scientific embarassedlaugh.gif
Boobylai
I think it's a japanese thing
Jc2
I believe I asked the same question as the TC a year or two ago
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.