Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thai airport temperary close down???
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Thai Chat > Thai Serious Talk
Littlegirl
confused.gif
InitialDJay
yeah, why??? embarassedlaugh.gif

seriously what's wrong? confused.gif
yokie
I guess in the beginning they went to the airport only to prevent the current prime minister from actually entering the Thai soil and thereby humiliate him in front of the international communities. I didn't think they want it to be closed down. But it was closed down anyway by the airport staffs for security reason as more than a hundred thousand of protesters gathered there.
aithong
Use your head, man. who caused it to be closed down anyway? r u sure there was 100,000 protesters there?
yokie
QUOTE(aithong @ Nov 30 2008, 09:36 PM) [snapback]4029008[/snapback]
Use your head, man. who caused it to be closed down anyway? r u sure there was 100,000 protesters there?

I was there while U live in america. Get it? Got it? Good
Manleow
Because of a bunch of Idiot in a yellow shirt, "littlegirl," thats all u have to know.

The idiot were throwing a concert inside the airport, while thousands of ppl were stranded from their love ones.
yokie
QUOTE(Manleow @ Dec 1 2008, 12:37 AM) [snapback]4029122[/snapback]
Because of a bunch of Idiot in a yellow shirt, "littlegirl," thats all u have to know.

The idiot were throwing a concert inside the airport, while thousands of ppl were stranded from their love ones.

you can never say anything good about other people, can't you?

Man, I just don't know what your mommy did to do when you were little.
aithong
QUOTE(yokie @ Nov 30 2008, 11:45 AM) [snapback]4029040[/snapback]
I was there while U live in america. Get it? Got it? Good

U just consider urself and ur frinds lucky that u guys dont live in the US because u cant get away with that kinda sh*t , only in a corrupt country that u guys are getting away with it. I guess more of those chinese made tear gas canisters should've been used to get better effect.
yokie
QUOTE(aithong @ Dec 1 2008, 02:34 AM) [snapback]4029226[/snapback]
U just consider urself and ur frinds lucky that u guys dont live in the US because u cant get away with that kinda sh*t , only in a corrupt country that u guys are getting away with it. I guess more of those chinese made tear gas canisters should've been used to get better effect.

angry eh? You seem to forget that you've always claimed that you are here only to make a sound discussion about Thailand political situation. But from the look of it now, you seem to have failed your mission miserably. icon_wink.gif
aithong
QUOTE(yokie @ Nov 30 2008, 08:48 PM) [snapback]4029567[/snapback]
angry eh? You seem to forget that you've always claimed that you are here only to make a sound discussion about Thailand political situation. But from the look of it now, you seem to have failed your mission miserably. icon_wink.gif

How did i fail? if anything else recent events have been bring more heat on u PAD supporters from alot AF members. I'm not angry at all, i'm glad the whole world gets to see what's been simmering under the surface of the people of Thailand for along time now.
Arroi
Parents 'giving up kids for cash in Thai protest'

This blockage is doing tremendous damage to the economy and the image of Thailand, at least 400billion baht so far. Tourism industry has totally collapsed, with over a million people in that sector will be out of job next year. We will be lucky to get a positive GDP growth in 2009. To punish just ONE person, PAD is willing to hold Thailand and its people hostage. just like a thai saying 'Why burn the whole house just to get rid of a mouse'.
Littlegirl
when will the airport reopen again? confused.gif
aithong
Ask the PAD since they're the ones in control of Thailand now.
Manleow
QUOTE(Arroi @ Dec 1 2008, 04:00 AM) [snapback]4030116[/snapback]
Parents 'giving up kids for cash in Thai protest'

This blockage is doing tremendous damage to the economy and the image of Thailand, at least 400billion baht so far. Tourism industry has totally collapsed, with over a million people in that sector will be out of job next year. We will be lucky to get a positive GDP growth in 2009. To punish just ONE person, PAD is willing to hold Thailand and its people hostage. just like a thai saying 'Why burn the whole house just to get rid of a mouse'.

Yes, its so sad, they are damaging the economy of Laos also, the majority of tourist come to laos through thailand, and this is the tourist season in Laos.

Laos really needs to build relationships with China or another other countries around the region, so it will never be put in this situation again when it comes to travel to Laos.

if it was any other country, the goverment would not allow this to happen.

The elite ppl bank rolling the PAD need to put their country first instead of their own selfish needs.
InitialDJay
i just read the news that the current thai government get expell so this will make the protester happy. so they can evacuate the airport...

it shoulds take about 5 more days. don't worry.. icon_smile.gif
aithong
No, they're not happy still because now they want the whole cabinet gone before they leave the airports.
Bounthy
QUOTE(aithong @ Dec 2 2008, 05:59 AM) [snapback]4031321[/snapback]
No, they're not happy still because now they want the whole cabinet gone before they leave the airports.

I think there protesters no longer have valid excuses to block the airports because the Thai court has just dissolved the current government. Somchai is banned for 5 years.

"""Somchai was banned from politics for five years, along with 36 other People Power Party executives, achieving a key goal of royalist demonstrators who have blockaded the capital's two airports for the past week.

"My duty is over. I am now an ordinary citizen," Somchai, 61, told reporters in the northern city of Chiang Mai from where he has been governing since an opposition blockade of the airports began.

"But it is unexpected that the decision would come out this way. In the past I have done my best, not for myself but for our country," said Somchai, the brother-in-law of exiled former premier Thaksin Shinawatra."""

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081202/wl_af...st_081202073339
ReturnLegacy
QUOTE(Bounthy @ Dec 2 2008, 10:23 AM) [snapback]4031452[/snapback]
I think there protesters no longer have valid excuses to block the airports because the Thai court has just dissolved the current government. Somchai is banned for 5 years.

"""Somchai was banned from politics for five years, along with 36 other People Power Party executives, achieving a key goal of royalist demonstrators who have blockaded the capital's two airports for the past week.

"My duty is over. I am now an ordinary citizen," Somchai, 61, told reporters in the northern city of Chiang Mai from where he has been governing since an opposition blockade of the airports began.

"But it is unexpected that the decision would come out this way. In the past I have done my best, not for myself but for our country," said Somchai, the brother-in-law of exiled former premier Thaksin Shinawatra."""

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081202/wl_af...st_081202073339

Isn't this great? I think the organizing leaders are doing a pretty good job. Power belong to the people, not a few jerks in the government. I wouldn't be surprise if this happens in other country with oppressive government.

aithong
They will still be at the airports protesting.

Returnlegacy, you mean power return to the terrorists?
Littlegirl
QUOTE(InitialDJay @ Dec 2 2008, 06:54 AM) [snapback]4031253[/snapback]
i just read the news that the current thai government get expell so this will make the protester happy. so they can evacuate the airport...

it shoulds take about 5 more days. don't worry.. icon_smile.gif

i hope so. thanks rs. beerchug.gif
Buddhalove
Few thousands PAD want their leader to be prime minister, otherwise they won't stop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.