Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is your opinion on Mixed-Raced offspring?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > AF Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jinata
Are you disgusted by the idea? - I woke up at 4AM in the morning, and I found myself to be pretty bored; so I had a rummage through the stormfront.org forum that Cloudyski mentioned somewhere on the forum. Being mixed myself (Half White.. English, not American, and Half Filipino.. Pangasinan Area), I was curious to know what these people think of someone such as myself.

Clearly they don't like the idea of racial inter-breeding, and that I'm the product of those who are committing racial genocide.. Heh. Making claims that white are a pure race (Which makes me wonder) and that white women are the most attractive kind "by miles". I'm not sure whether to try to understand these people or just put it down to plain ignorance. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to topics such as these, so I'm just curious to know what you think of this kind of thing.

Discuss.
mndeg
nobody really cares
Vinceroni
I think mixed race people are the most beautiful in the world and have the best selection of genes. (I am 100% Han Chinese.) If I were in charge, everyone would mix together and strengthen the human race as a whole.

"Racial purity" is a tool, imposed by the most worthless of the dominant group because otherwise they would find themselves mateless. It is the domain of the weak.
Jinata
QUOTE(mndeg @ Jan 20 2009, 05:42 AM) [snapback]4092579[/snapback]
nobody really cares

assumption fail
HapaGirl
considering I'm 1/2 Japanese.....I'd say I'm a big fan of it.

mndeg
wrong, knowledge fail

nobody really cares.

and mixed people are not better than average looking. rofl. what an insane inferiority complex.
they are generally below average because usually both of the parents are below average. generally people stay within the realm of familiarity, and those that venture out of it usually do so out of desperation. of course not all the time but in this day and age, more often than not. maybe not in 50 years.
HapaGirl
QUOTE(mndeg @ Jan 20 2009, 12:46 AM) [snapback]4092589[/snapback]
wrong, knowledge fail

nobody really cares.

and mixed people are not better than average looking. rofl. what an insane inferiority complex.

mixed people usually get the best of both races.....
not always, but most of the time they do.
Jinata
QUOTE(mndeg @ Jan 20 2009, 05:46 AM) [snapback]4092589[/snapback]
wrong, knowledge fail

nobody really cares.

Another assumption fail.

What you mean is you don't care.
mndeg
no, I understand people and am MUCH MUCH smarter than you.

nobody gives a $hit. they have other things to worry about.
Jinata
QUOTE(mndeg @ Jan 20 2009, 05:46 AM) [snapback]4092589[/snapback]
wrong, knowledge fail

nobody really cares.

they are generally below average because usually both of the parents are below average. generally people stay within the realm of familiarity, and those that venture out of it usually do so out of desperation. of course not all the time but in this day and age, more often than not. maybe not in 50 years.

Whether your claim is true or false, all I can say is that isn't the case with my parents.
Jinata
QUOTE(mndeg @ Jan 20 2009, 05:48 AM) [snapback]4092596[/snapback]

Your 3rd assumption fail.

I'm not holding a gun to no one's heading forcing them to direct all their attention to this thread. You visit this through will, if you have other things to worry about, go ahead and do them, I'm not forcing you to reply?
HapaGirl
Mixed Race, Pretty Face?

Actor Keanu Reeves and supermodel Devon Aoki have more in common than fame, fortune and good looks—both are also part Asian. Known in popular culture by the Hawaiian term hapa (meaning "half"), people with mixed Asian and European origins have become synonymous with exotic glamour. In Hong Kong and Singapore, half-Asian models now crowd runways once dominated by leggy blondes. In the elite world of Asian fashion, half-Asian is the new white.

The trend may seem little more than an effect of 21st century globalization. As more individuals of mixed descent achieve fame (think Norah Jones and Tiger Woods), it seems natural that society would embrace the mixed look. Media exposure, however, doesn't fully explain the perception of hapa beauty.

Eurasians may possess genetic advantages that lead to greater health and, as a result, enhanced attractiveness. That's according to a study, the first to find that hapa faces are rated as more beautiful than European or Japanese faces. Researchers say the finding may extend to other racial mixes as well.

The experiment by Gillian Rhodes, a psychologist at the University of Western Australia, found that when Caucasian and Japanese volunteers looked at photos of Caucasian, Japanese and Eurasian faces, both groups rated the Eurasian faces as most attractive. These visages were created by first digitally blending a series of faces from each race into "composites" to create average, middle-of-the-road features typical of each race. Past studies show that "average" features are consistently rated as more attractive than exaggerated features—such as an unusually wide forehead or a small chin.

The finding that Japanese and white subjects preferred mixed-race faces was surprising because, earlier in the same study, most volunteers rated their own race as more beautiful than others. That is, white people typically prefer whites when choosing an ideal image of beauty; blacks prefer blacks; etc.

So why might hapas be considered particularly beautiful? Evolutionary psychologists say it's because Eurasians and other mixed race individuals appear healthier. Humans, like other animals, look for markers of good genetic health in their quest for a reproductive partner. Take facial symmetry, for example: Studies show that, whether they know it or not, people prefer individuals with evenly spaced eyes and other signs of congruence. In evolutionary terms, these markers are associated with healthy conditions in the womb. Infants exposed prenatally to toxins or pathogens may develop facial irregularities and asymmetry. The human brain may be wired to avoid these overt cues of lackluster health, says R. Elisabeth Cornwell, a psychologist at the University of Colorado. "The signs of beauty are the signs of health," she says. Rhodes' findings seem to fit this paradigm: Participants in her study said the Eurasian faces appeared healthier, too.

Similarly, evidence suggests that half-Asians' diverse genetic ancestry would enhance health. According to evolutionary psychologist Randy Thornhill, at the University of New Mexico, "If you hybridize two genetically diverse populations—another way of saying you cross races—then you create more genetic diversity in the offspring."

Genetic diversity, or heterozygosity, is associated with a lower incidence of some diseases. Genetic diseases, such as hemophilia and Tay-Sachs, occur when a person inherits two copies of a defective gene. This is more likely to happen in isolated populations with little genetic diversity.

In 2004, Craig Roberts, professor of biology at the University of Newcastle in the U.K., found the first direct link between diverse genes and facial attractiveness. He examined genes of the major histocompatability complex (MHC)—a set of genes crucial to a well-functioning immune system. Photos of people with the greatest MHC diversity were rated more attractive than individuals with less MHC diversity. Here, actual health—the ability to resist infection—was linked to perceptions of attractiveness. Roberts believes this preference helps humans pick healthy mates.

Which features radiate both health and beauty? One may be the appearance of the skin. In a second experiment, Roberts found that women rated close-up photos of heterozygous males' skin as healthier than close-ups of homozygous males' skin, and these judgments correlated with ratings of overall attractiveness.

Ostensibly, evidence that Caucasians and Asians prefer mixed race faces counters a major tenet of mating theory: that we are drawn to partners who resemble ourselves, such as those with similar hair and eye color.

So does this new research explain the popularity of Brazilians, who frequently have blended racial heritage, as fashion models? That remains to be seen. Says Rhodes: "If a preference for mixed-race faces occurs for many different mixes, we could be more confident that it is tapping into something fundamental about human perceptions of attractiveness."

Vinceroni
QUOTE(mndeg @ Jan 20 2009, 12:48 AM) [snapback]4092596[/snapback]

I care. Jinata cares. HapaGirl (presumably) cares. Proof by contradiction.
Federico
You should be proud to be a part of two great cultures.
HapaGirl
yes i do care!!!

icon_smile.gif
Aryan
Im mixed myself, mixed race is fine with me
Jinata
I just care for the opinions of others, it's interesting.
mndeg
QUOTE(Vinceroni @ Jan 20 2009, 01:52 AM) [snapback]4092605[/snapback]
I care. Jinata cares. HapaGirl (presumably) cares. Proof by contradiction.

care about mixed race offspring?

ROFL

parenting. gotta love it.
Jinata
^ What is your objection to this thread? - I don't understand your mentality; you don't care and assume no one cares about this topic but yet I still find you posting or having an opinion on the subject.

How many fails do I need to give you?
Spasiangirl
I was curious to know what these people think of someone such as myself.

in Stormfront, a half White would not be recognized as a ''White''
and if you are a registered half White member, you are limited to the guest section only. Only those of a pure ''White'' background have the access to other sections of the forum. Everything else is limited, whether you are a half or quarter White or a non-White, they do not recognize the difference. They do not acknowledge the difference, and oppose multi-culturalism. Many of these members in Stormfront look at Mix racing or a mixed person(especially if it involves the white race) with disgust, and refer to them as ''Mongrels'' or a ''Hybrid'' and other offending terms that can describe a Mixed person. I say ignore their opinions, and their thoughts on interracial marriages, since they are ignorant themselves coming from an ignorant perspective. But if you were to ask them this question, ''would you mind if a non-White were to breed with a non-White, how would you feel?''

many will answer, ''I wouldn't mind it, personally. Since the other does not involve a White person anyway.''

After all, they're trying to preserve the White race, aren't they? how ignorant.

I am also a mixed person, and I support it.
Disco Gestapo
Well...being mixed I'd say...I don't really give a $hit. We're just like everybody else, meaning: most of us are assholes. Anyway, don't read stormfront, it's just a stupid site for stupid, lonely, socially retarded dorks.
Rogu3
Some are pretty decent , I wouldn't mind mixing them up.

No wait I'd be purifying them , cause I'm full asian. Yeah I'd purify them.
Spasiangirl
QUOTE(Rogu3 @ Jan 20 2009, 02:20 AM) [snapback]4092775[/snapback]
Some are pretty decent , I wouldn't mind mixing them up.

No wait I'd be purifying them , cause I'm full asian. Yeah I'd purify them.

weren't you the one that said you didn't mind marrying a mixed person?
Rogu3
QUOTE(Spasiangirl @ Jan 20 2009, 02:23 AM) [snapback]4092777[/snapback]
weren't you the one that said you didn't mind marrying a mixed person?

Yes that is what I meant , I wouldn't mind "purifying" their mixed genes with my genes. embarassedlaugh.gif
Takashi
Don't care. No benefit or detriment imo.
Nodrog
Mixed race people are amazing, or, at least I am. icon_wink.gif
WhiteandBlue
It's perfect natural for any two individuals of the same species to ahem... interbreed. I do not like the idea of having any two individuals of two different "breeds" or subspecies to ahem.... interbreed, however in the case of humans, we do not have "breeds" or subspecies, we have "cultural" races, thus there is no problem. Ignore the White Nationalists, they are mentally-ill and you CANNOT talk sense into them. Most of those guys are mixed with different cultural backgrounds anyway.
Tabs
I have no idea why people waste their time reading stormfront. I'm white, and even I wouldn't go there. You'd have to try pretty hard to get that many failures in one place. If you're at the point where you have to use your race (something you have no control over?) as your means of social validation, you've officially failed at life.

Mixed race people are fine like anyone else, I have no preference for or preference against them.
WhiteandBlue
QUOTE(Tabs @ Jan 20 2009, 08:51 AM) [snapback]4093059[/snapback]
I have no idea why people waste their time reading stormfront. I'm white, and even I wouldn't go there. You'd have to try pretty hard to get that many failures in one place. If you're at the point where you have to use your race (something you have no control over?) as your means of social validation, you've officially failed at life.

Mixed race people are fine like anyone else, I have no preference for or preference against them.

Yeah right. And those White Nationalists don't even know what is "white". They call themselves "white" just so they can discriminate against "non-whites". They are seriously mentally-ill.
AgentBach
most of the time when I see a asian/black baby, the baby's face get's ruined by the black nose.
starry
Ok, this is what I heard and I dunno if it's true. If you take two "pure" people, their offspring will have that hybrid vigor with regard to intelligence. But then the generation after that is stupid. biggthumpup.gif

Same with people who use the "my nation is great therefore i'm all that and a bag of chips too" line of logic to boost their egos.

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."
It's just a question of which country is actually worth doing something for.
Onlygodknows
how do I feel about mixed people?
I think me saying they are pure evil would be an under statement
WhiteandBlue
More than 90% of American whites are mixed-race. What do I think? Hmm.....
WhiteandBlue
This is what I don't like about the English language. A single word can have a whole lot of similar meanings, and you often don't know what is meant by a word in a sentence.

Merrium-Webster gives a whole bunch of meanings for the word race: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/race%5B3%5D

dictionary.com provides a whole bunch of meanings for the word race under each dictionary: http://dictionary.reference.com/dic?q=race&search=search

If I was to make a language, I might have each word just have one meaning.

Anyhow, since the word race is so broad, it's practically meaningless. The OP should specify what he / she means by the word "race", whether he / she means species, or subspecies, or breed (for domestic creatures only), or ethnicity. I say the OP's question should be "What is your opinion on mixed-species offpsring?" or "What is your opinion on mixed-subspecies offspring?" or "What is your opinion on mixed-breed offspring?" (in the case of domestic creatures) or "What is your opinion on mixed-ethnic offspring?".

Anyway, my answers:

What is your opinion on mixed-species offpsring? - Not OK

What is your opinion on mixed-subspecies offspring? - Not OK

What is your opinion on mixed-breed offspring? - Not OK

What is your opinion on mixed-ethnic offspring? - OK, and encouraged
URSoCOO2008
[quote name='AgentBach' date='Jan 20 2009, 10:17 AM' post='4093121']
most of the time when I see a asian/black baby, the baby's face get's ruined by the black nose.
[/'quote]

You're wrong, it's most likely ruined by the "Asian" nose.

YourMuDoIsWeak
I used to to lurk on Stormfront to go Facist Bashing.
Scary $hit i dont know if you saw it when the posted up the ethnic cleansing guides or the pipe bomb tutorial.
Definately people not to be taken lightly if you have never dealt with these type of you dont mess with them, they are dangerous.

btw no race just people, im of mixed ethnic origin as well nothing wrong with it but depending on where your at racism can suck.
URSoCOO2008
Oh yeah, no one should have problems with mixed offspring because they didn't have a choice.
HapaGirl
QUOTE(Nodrog @ Jan 20 2009, 06:06 AM) [snapback]4092961[/snapback]
Mixed race people are amazing, or, at least I am. icon_wink.gif

me too!! I'm pretty awesome.

Mixed race Asian pride!! lol...
mkfk1
mixed people usually get the best of both races.....
not always, but most of the time they do.

Mixes people usually think they get the best of both world. But they are usually left out by both groups because they are not pure enough.

Most mixed also lack the ability to speak flunetly 2 different langurage. Unlike that of an oversea asian. The fact of 2 different race parents usually mean that the family will only use english. Unlike a oversea asian family who will use asian langurage at home, but english in the public.

Mixed asian-white also knew very little about asian culture. But they want to think of themself as well informed in both worlds, when they are clearly not.
HapaGirl
QUOTE(mkfk1 @ Jan 20 2009, 01:45 PM) [snapback]4093395[/snapback]
Mixes people usually think they get the best of both world. But they are usually left out by both groups because they are not pure enough.

Most mixed also lack the ability to speak flunetly 2 different langurage. Unlike that of an oversea asian. The fact of 2 different race parents usually mean that the family will only use english. Unlike a oversea asian family who will use asian langurage at home, but english in the public.

Mixed asian-white also knew very little about asian culture. But they want to think of themself as well informed in both worlds, when they are clearly not.

that's not true.

I know the Japanese culture, I know the Ryukyuan culture, and I know the Amamian culture.
I celebrate all Japanese holidays and festivals.
I know the folk songs, the traditions, etc.

English is actually my second language, Japanese is my first. (Even though I don't speak Japanese as fluently anymore, so I'm having to relearn some of it)

Takashi
QUOTE(mkfk1 @ Jan 20 2009, 06:45 PM) [snapback]4093395[/snapback]

Depends on how important the asian parent feels it is to impart his/her knowledge shrug.gif

The looks issue is clearly bull though. There are just as many dodgy looking mixed kids as there are dodgy looking fulls embarassedlaugh.gif
mkfk1
that's not true.

I know the Japanese culture, I know the Ryukyuan culture, and I know the Amamian culture.
I celebrate all Japanese holidays and festivals.
I know the folk songs, the traditions, etc.

English is actually my second language, Japanese is my first. (Even though I don't speak Japanese as fluently anymore, so I'm having to relearn some of it)

And how many other asian-white mixed u know can speak an asian langurage and understand asian culture?

Do you have any japanese friends? Do you watch Jdrama and listen to Jpop? Do you sided with the japanese position on justifing WW2 or do you agree with the american verison of Axis of Evil? Do you continued to support japanese political policy such as whale huncting?

These are dilama that you will face as a mixed. You cannot whole heartly support one side without having some conflict with your other half. Therefore, most mixed usually remain siliences in gobal issues.

Depends on how important the asian parent feels it is to impart his/her knowledge

The looks issue is clearly bull though. There are just as many dodgy looking mixed kids as there are dodgy looking fulls

Tell you the truth, it depends more on where the family lives. A mixed family living in the US will without a doubt be americanize and will have very few education if any on asian culture.

Meanwhile if the mixed family lived in asia, most likely the family will adpate the asian custom and largely idnored the western culture as secondary culture priority.

But honestly, most mixed asian reside in the western world.
HapaGirl
QUOTE(mkfk1 @ Jan 20 2009, 02:11 PM) [snapback]4093425[/snapback]
And how many other asian-white mixed u know can speak an asian langurage and understand asian culture?

Do you have any japanese friends? Do you watch Jdrama and listen to Jpop? Do you sided with the japanese position on justifing WW2 or do you agree with the american verison of Axis of Evil? Do you continued to support japanese political policy such as whale huncting?

These are dilama that you will face as a mixed. You cannot whole heartly support one side without having some conflict with your other half. Therefore, most mixed usually remain siliences in gobal issues.
Tell you the truth, it depends more on where the family lives. A mixed family living in the US will without a doubt be americanize and will have very few education if any on asian culture.

yes I have Japanese friends (we get together sometimes to cook Japanese food and talk about how our families in Japanese are doing)
yes I listen to all types of Japanese music- pop,rock, hip hop, even Japanese classical.
I'm not a big fan of Japanese tv...

The Japanese side of my family actually supported America during WWII.
The Japanese government used to do raids on their house because they thought they were "traitors"
(and I was born on Pearl Harbor Day and they thinks its hilarious)

And my family used to be the wealthiest whaling family is all of southern Japan, but in the 1700s they changed their position on it and ever since then we've been against whaling.
Takashi
QUOTE(mkfk1 @ Jan 20 2009, 07:11 PM) [snapback]4093425[/snapback]

Meanwhile if the mixed family lived in asia, most likely the family will adpate the asian custom and largely idnored the western culture as secondary culture priority.

But honestly, most mixed asian reside in the western world.

Disagree. It depends on the parent. If you want your kid to learn an asian language and you want to introduce them to your culture the fact that you live in the US/England/anywhere outside of asia shouldn't stop you. If you don't care about whether they learn or not then you're likely to use that as an excuse. If you're born and raised in the US/UK your culture will be predominantly American/British regardless of whether you're full asian or mixed, all that differs is the likelihood of you having a connection with some form of asian culture.
mkfk1
yes I have Japanese friends (we get together sometimes to cook Japanese food and talk about how our families in Japanese are doing)
yes I listen to all types of Japanese music- pop,rock, hip hop, even Japanese classical.
I'm not a big fan of Japanese tv...

The Japanese side of my family actually supported America during WWII.
The Japanese government used to do raids on their house because they thought they were "traitors"
(and I was born on Pearl Harbor Day and they thinks its hilarious)

And my family used to be the wealthiest whaling family is all of southern Japan, but in the 1700s they changed their position on it and ever since then we've been against whaling.

Some japanese citizen will consider your position as unpatriotic and unsuitable for japanese interest. What do u say to them as a mixed japanese. Japanese want to view themself as libirator, not aggresor in WW2. Even thought I persoanlly disagree with the japanese nationalist, I do understand why they hold such positions. We all know japanese whaling is against animal right groups, but it serve japanese commerical interests. Does your persoanal view out weight that of japan's national interests? That would be unpatriotic to your japanese half wouldnt it?

By the way, I cant imaine your japanese family siding with the americans during WW2. That is so unpatriotic. Is like Germans who were oppose to Hitler at the hike of WW2. How can you turn your back on your own country at such critical times?

Disagree. It depends on the parent. If you want your kid to learn an asian language and you want to introduce them to your culture the fact that you live in the US/England/anywhere outside of asia shouldn't stop you. If you don't care about whether they learn or not then you're likely to use that as an excuse. If you're born and raised in the US/UK your culture will be predominantly American/British regardless of whether you're full asian or mixed, all that differs is the likelihood of you having a connection with some form of asian culture.

I agree and disagree. Parenting is important, but the environment also play an extreme role in mixed family. If the mixed parents want their family to be americanized, but they lived in Japan...then their mixed kids will be heavily influenced by japanese culture just due to the fact that there are not many american products or american to influenced the mixed child. Vise versa, a mixed family living in brazail will be heavly influence by the spanish latino community no matter how asian tradiction your parents are.
WhiteandBlue
Are we forgetting that humans aren't the only species on Earth? Come on, compared to other creatures, we are all one family. Let's all be the human race.
HapaGirl
QUOTE(mkfk1 @ Jan 20 2009, 02:47 PM) [snapback]4093481[/snapback]
Some japanese citizen will consider your position as unpatriotic and unsuitable for japanese interest. What do u say to them as a mixed japanese. Japanese want to view themself as libirator, not aggresor in WW2. Even thought I persoanlly disagree with the japanese nationalist, I do understand why they hold such positions. We all know japanese whaling is against animal right groups, but it serve japanese commerical interests. Does your persoanal view out weight that of japan's national interests? That would be unpatriotic to your japanese half wouldnt it?

By the way, I cant imaine your japanese family siding with the americans during WW2. That is so unpatriotic. Is like Germans who were oppose to Hitler at the hike of WW2. How can you turn your back on your own country at such critical times?

no it wouldn't be because where my family is from, they are very anti-whaling, so there are thousands of other Japanese people who agree with us.

I had 3 Japanese great- great uncles in the Japanese army during WWII, all 3 were killed in China.
They relived a weird mix of stuff, like the supported the Emperor and they were willing to do what he said, but they also supported America going to war with Japan with they didn't agree with Pearl Harbor.

but then they got mad at America with Hiroshima and Nagasaki, because Hirohito told the Japanese military not to hurt American civilians, but then America turned around and killed thousands of innocents.

then they loved America again after WWII because they rebuilt their hometown.
mikekk86
QUOTE(mkfk1 @ Jan 20 2009, 02:11 PM) [snapback]4093425[/snapback]

I would say a responsible individual would not be silent. They would take into account both sides and make a non bias choice based on what really matters: what is right. Not what country I support just because I'm from that country.
Adee
So do you guys get the best or the worst of both worlds? genius.gif
HapaGirl
QUOTE(mikekk86 @ Jan 20 2009, 03:19 PM) [snapback]4093516[/snapback]
I would say a responsible individual would not be silent. They would take into account both sides and make a non bias choice based on what really matters: what is right. Not what country I support just because I'm from that country.

yes!! biggthumpup.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.