Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to lose weight, tips?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Beauty, Health, & Fashion
Pages: 1, 2
jaymee
do you guys know of any good healthy methods to help someone lose weight? i know running helps but i heard that builds a lot of leg muscles.
gumdrop
Running doesn't only build leg muscles; it also builds your abs and arms, just not to the same degree as leg muscles.

Anerobic activity can burn 9 times as much body fat for every calorie expended as compared to aerobic exercise.

What you need to do, if you want to lose fat and gain muscle tone without bulk, is combine some resistance training with some cardio. Running, for example, is a great cardio activity if you want leaner legs, but it doesn't give them tone. For tone, you can do some squats and lunges with light weights a couple of times a week (make sure a trainer or teacher shows you proper form). You also need to make a commitment to exercise. Can you devote an hour, three to five days a week to exercise? If you really want results, you'll try for five days a week, but always remember to take a day or two off weekly to give you body time to rest and recoup.
cloudyski

eat less, move more.

mndeg
there's a 0% chance of you getting any notable muscles laugh.gif
stop eating so much high fructose corn syrup and highly processed foods. don't eat any portions greater than the size of your fist

THE END

wait, or you could try smoking. or cocaine. or meth. but I wouldn't advise it
felltohell
tongue pierce
- drew barrymore
f3ro300
Beyonce lost lots of weight in 15 days with water & lemon diet she had to loose weight for the movie dream girls its called Master Cleanse

http://www.slimmingsolutions.co.uk/acatalo...Detox-Diet.html
Curioser
Change your eating habits first of all, especially if you know you have bad eating habits. Try and detox for a couple of days and then replace 2-3 large meals a day with a snack every 3 hours. Try nuts and olives for in-between snacks instead of chips and cookies. It sounds disgusting but it breaks down the fat in your body and you get used to it. Generally portions shouldn't exceed your fist size. If you want to lose weight fast, try some of these celebrity diets, but if you've been overweight for a while it will probably just return as soon as you start eating normally.

You need to move. Running is ok if you don't overdo it. More than half an hour at a time is totally unnecessary and will do more harm than good in the long run. Do an aerobic exercise for half an hour (non-stop) and then switch over to muscle building exercises as your muscles will then have been warmed up.

I also work a light yoga routine into my sessions which is basically just stretching and promotes good circulation and muscle tone.
jaymee
thanks for the replies everyone! they are very helpful.
liu
substitute lunch with a cigarette
sniff
purge
InitialDJay
funny. i thought it would be harder to gain weight. laugh.gif

maybe just play sports.. and eat less.
Zaw-Gyi
whatever you do make sure it's slow , steady and sustained
Curioser
If you want to lose quickly, here's a combo of diets I tried after I had my daughter, and believe me, you'll see results.

Take the lemon diet (2 table spoons fresh squeezed lemon, 2 table spoons maple syrup and a touch of cayenne pepper mixed with about 500 ml water) the banana diet and the Atkins and you have a winner.

Have green tea, without sugar, and a banana for breakfast. The banana helps to regulate your blood sugar do you don't get the headaches,etc that is associated with not eating. Start drinking the lemon mix. Amazingly it takes cares of hunger cramps.

For lunch I used to have a bit of protein (because I continued light exercise), either half a can of tuna with with tomato and cucumber or a piece of skinless chicken with lettuce and tomato. No condiments! Salad dressing is allowed. I took a digestive enzyme prior to eating and my multi-vitamin afterward.

Try and drink some water during the day as well in-between the lemon drink as it will make your throat quite dry.

Have another banana approximately 4-5 o'clock.

On your first night you will be famished, so allow yourself a half cup of brown rice. Remember never to eat later than 8 p.m. so your food can digest. After that don't eat at night, or eat a cup of any vegetable (except for potatoes) or some fruit of your choice. Do not add butter or sauce your veggies, salt and pepper is allowed.

Keep in mind that I exercised and took my vitamins and did not consume any alcohol or dairy. Once a week I would allow myself some pasta or rice.
flipcombatmedic
things to do 30 mins after you wake:

drink 20 fl oz of chilled water
eat breakfast: 1 srving of whey protein, 1 bowl of oatmeal, 1 fruit
run or aerobics

workout, light liting if you want but you have to add muscle to steady lose weight

change your eating habits: 6 small meals, always eat breakfast (bigger the better), take or slowly take off fats, sweets, and sodium, substitute with lean meats, and veggies, soups, nuts.

CHEAT once every two weeks.
McCarthy
In your life to lose weight diet plays important role.If you want to lose weight,you can follow some diet tips :

A healthy diet is a balance of good nutrition, calories, vitamins, and fiber. Fiber by definition is the part of plant foods that is not digestible but necessary for us because it moves foods through our digestive system. Our daily fiber requirement is 25-30 grams. An average person gets only 5-8 dietary grams of fiber in a day.

Chinese Diet tea :

With the intake of Chinese diet tea one can reduce weight and can live slim and trim. Chinese diet tea causes rapid and substantial weight loss. Chinese diet tea prevents the formation of body fat.

Follow the LInk :theweightlossmiracle dot com
lilasiankid
QUOTE(jaymee @ Feb 8 2009, 10:36 PM) [snapback]4121532[/snapback]
do you guys know of any good healthy methods to help someone lose weight? i know running helps but i heard that builds a lot of leg muscles.

Don't worry about working out and "building too much muscle" because you won't. That's just a good excuse to not workout....

You'll probably get nicer, toned legs in the long run....but it's not that easy to get buff. If you're female, it's virtually impossible to be jacked without drugs. I will guarantee you that even if you hit the weights and work out like crazy and you will never become huge (sorry embarassedlaugh.gif ).. At worst, you'll just have a hot body like a model. Models are basically just fitness girls.

Losing weight takes time. Learn to live a healthy and active lifestyle. There is no other way or shortcut. Eat the right foods and keep an eye on your calorie intake.

Just info about me so you know I'm not bluffing... I used to be a semi-gymrat highschool....never was really into sports etc but I did hit the weights consistently....just for example, I went from benching 160lbs at 17years old to 300lbs by the time I was 19 years old. But I didn't look much bigger than I used to...a bit more toned, I did gain muscle but I still was pretty average looking. Oh, as for weight loss, take it from me too...Healthy diet and exercise.........I've lost over 70lbs before.....After highschool my body went to $hit....I went from weighing 170lbs to 250lbs! eek.gif So I cleaned up my eating and lost all that weight. biggthumpup.gif
hyder13
QUOTE(lilasiankid @ Mar 6 2009, 11:55 AM) [snapback]4153952[/snapback]
Don't worry about working out and "building too much muscle" because you won't. That's just a good excuse to not workout....

You'll probably get nicer, toned legs in the long run....but it's not that easy to get buff. If you're female, it's virtually impossible to be jacked without drugs. I will guarantee you that even if you hit the weights and work out like crazy and you will never become huge (sorry embarassedlaugh.gif ).. At worst, you'll just have a hot body like a model. Models are basically just fitness girls.

Losing weight takes time. Learn to live a healthy and active lifestyle. There is no other way or shortcut. Eat the right foods and keep an eye on your calorie intake.

Just info about me so you know I'm not bluffing... I used to be a semi-gymrat highschool....never was really into sports etc but I did hit the weights consistently....just for example, I went from benching 160lbs at 17years old to 300lbs by the time I was 19 years old. But I didn't look much bigger than I used to...a bit more toned, I did gain muscle but I still was pretty average looking. Oh, as for weight loss, take it from me too...Healthy diet and exercise.........I've lost over 70lbs before.....After highschool my body went to $hit....I went from weighing 170lbs to 250lbs! eek.gif So I cleaned up my eating and lost all that weight. biggthumpup.gif

300 damn thats impressive. I can only do 240...
Anyway just exercise more and try having a little bit less snacks. For me as long as I'm actively working out 5 days a week then my weight stays pretty consistent(205 pds. at 6-3 height).
lilasiankid
QUOTE(hyder13 @ Mar 6 2009, 01:10 PM) [snapback]4153970[/snapback]
300 damn thats impressive. I can only do 240...
Anyway just exercise more and try having a little bit less snacks. For me as long as I'm actively working out 5 days a week then my weight stays pretty consistent(205 pds. at 6-3 height).

It seems like alot until you get there then you just wanna keep getting that next 5-10lbs more in the coming weeks. laugh.gif I still remember working my way up, when I thought 185lbs-205lbs-215lbs-225lbs was alot. embarassedlaugh.gif Unfortunately after highschool (2004) I completely stopped and got fat.

I havent lifted weights since. I tried to a few months ago for about 2 months and all I could barely bench 240lbs once. icon_neutral.gif My squat is weak now too ever since I dislocated my kneecap.
mndeg
is that one time rep? whats the point of one time rep?

running doesnt build leg muscles. lol. squatting builds leg muscles. and i dont think you're squatting

try jump rope, i just started because its fun. costs $3 to get started.
Qkhanh
Get on a stationary bike
lilasiankid
QUOTE(mndeg @ Mar 6 2009, 04:27 PM) [snapback]4154138[/snapback]
is that one time rep? whats the point of one time rep?

running doesnt build leg muscles. lol. squatting builds leg muscles. and i dont think you're squatting

try jump rope, i just started because its fun. costs $3 to get started.

Bragging rights...that's why it's called Max laugh.gif as far as normal reps, I could only do 230lbs for about 10-12 reps.

300lbs 1rpm is weaksauce but back then, in that highschool weightroom, it was among the "big dogs". laugh.gif All the other Asians weren't too into weight lifting so it was just me and the White/Black/Hispanics. I've never been to a real gym before. Just highschool and at home.

I would agree that Jumprope is the best. $3-10 for a jump rope. $30 or so for an Mp3 player. You can do HIIT with a jump rope also. Helps alot with your coordination also.
surf101
Just do a lot of running. Try to run at least a mile a day. Soon as you know it, you'll be running 2, 3 miles a day no problem. You'll also get that "runner's high" where you feel like you want to keep "runnnin and runnnnin and runnnin and runnnin" Like Forrest Gump.

Also, running does not build leg muscle, it tones it. The fat around your legs will tighten up eventually, and it will show more of your muscles. Everybody has muscles. They just need to lose the fat to see the muscles. But if you do as I say, in 1 month, you will see a tight package, no homo.
scata18
Drink slimfast, 180 calories per drink but keeps you full for hours. Thats how I shed some extra pounds.
surf101
QUOTE(scata18 @ Mar 6 2009, 02:13 PM) [snapback]4154259[/snapback]
Drink slimfast, 180 calories per drink but keeps you full for hours. Thats how I shed some extra pounds.

You can drink slimfast all you want, you can fast all you want, cut down on calories, etc, but the fact of the matter is, if you don't eat regularly as in healthy, then that weight will come back as fast as you got it off.
bystander
Get into sports and be active =P
fivers
less junkfood lol
Blackroses
Cut calories? Walk more? It's simple people.
flipcombatmedic
^yeah but how fast and how long will that do? you'd hit a plateau soon enough.
mndeg
walking is not exercise
YourMuDoIsWeak
decrease caloric intake by 15-20 percent
Eat good wholesome foods.
take a multi vitamin
drink lots of water

Excercise in the morning after you eat some protein i have a spoonful of peanut butter before training in the morning.
try to excercise for a couple of hours a day that means get off your @$$ and sacraficing tv time or some $hit.

also get into BJJ, Judo, or Sambo as they are great ways to lose weight and i have seen peopl drop 10 pounds in a month with no change in diet.
DixMay06
Apparently paying attention on diet tips could lead you to weight lose if you take it seriously....

--------------------
Best Diet Pills
starry
Put down the fork.
Teamsta
to lose weight is rather simple; reduce your caloric intake (read: eat less food esp fats) and burn more calories (ie. exercise).

there's plenty of tricks to lose weight drastically (see http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/art...626456,00.html), but there's no shortcut to keep off the pounds long-term other than what I said above.
macky82
exercise and have a diet. not saying you have to eat less. but you have to eat the food that would help get the fit you always wanted
tylerB77
I want to lose weight for such a long time now and it is very hard for me. I have already tried so many diets but nothing really helped. I am doing physical exercise for about a year now but I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted. I think my main problem is that I love food. I am always hungry and unfortunately what I like most is of course fast food.
Avitech
drink cum all day and starve to death.
kaylashi
eat less. I think it goes like times the weight you want to be by 10, and thats the number of calories you should eat.
example: you want to be 110lbs. 110 X 10 = 1,100 calories a day. also, eat alot of green leafy veggies (if you dislike them, try making a green smoothie, blend like 70% fruit and 30% leafy greens like banana, mix berries and spinach smoothie, its really good), fruit in the morning (by itself, dont add other food groups with melons and acidic fruits), and do exercise everyday. I like walking best, its easy so I dont give up after the second time I do it. when I first became vegan (I wasn't ever a big meat eater, I ate alot of cheese and bean/rice type hispanic foods, as my mother is hispanic), I was 125lbs and then went down to around 100lbs within months. I also gave up not so good for you type foods like sodas, tortillas, and cooking with oils. I started overeating when I got married (my husband and his family eat large portions of everything), and gained 10lbs. I'm not saying you have to be vegan, but eat alot of plants foods and aviod things like sugar, salt, refined grains, processed foods, sodas, and to much fat. I would say if you want to eat animal proteins, eat seafood, eggs, and yogurt. they are best for non-vegans I hear. eat small portions, try drinking water with alittle fresh lemon juice in it or green tea, and try to get as much whole foods in as possible.
breakingxmadness
Try lowering your calorie intake and exercising more.
samnang
cocaine.

it worked for that fat kid on drake and josh.

Sisi
QUOTE (samnang @ Feb 9 2011, 04:07 PM) *
cocaine.

it worked for that fat kid on drake and josh.

lol crack is not good, you may lose lots of weight but it makes you stupid, Iv seen people who are scarred for life by crack, she may be thin but she snorts like a pig and her body has muscle twitches that she will have the rest of her life and it roughts away teeth and it makes you age faster too, your face will wrinkle up early, Iv seen it happen.
Also your mind will be gone, your emotions and thinking could develope a serious case of ADD and other mental health problems.
Alot of people have ADD, but with crack it can become extreem ADD .
Elani
Lop off a limb or two, and presto! ~20 pounds GONE.
yana19384
QUOTE (felltohell @ Feb 8 2009, 11:34 PM) *
tongue pierce
- drew barrymore

i saw a patient last night who accidentaly swallowed his tongue piercing and that thing was going all the way down in his gut...the problem is..that thing has got a thin pin like end and our gut moves in a peristaltic way..meaning it contracts n release n contract n release so yeah...he might end up coming with a pierced gut later embarassedlaugh.gif
chiuchimu
Count calories and work out. Losing 3~5 pounds a month is super good weight lose. If you can lose 1~2 LB a month, then thats good.

weight yourself everyday and write down your weight mas well as what you ate for dinner, lunch and breakfast and snacks.

You have to keep cutting down the food intake until you lose 1~2 pounds in a month. then stay at that calorie count.
KraterosHellas
eat japanese or french food
Flirt
Sex.
AsianFashionista
How To Lose Weight:

1.) Set Your Weight Loss Goals: The first step is to set a clear and realistic weight loss goal. How many pounds you want to lose and when? What is your desire target weight?

2.) Find Out How Many Calories You Need To Consume In Order To Lose Weight: calculate how many calories you need to deduct from your daily diet in order to lose weight. To lose weight you have to burn more calories than you take in. The goal is to limit your calorie intake and burn more calories through exercise.

3.) Eat Healthy: Healthy eating does not only promote good health but is also the safest way to lose weight fast. By eating healthy we mean giving preference to food items that are natural, low in calories, fat and sugars.

4.) Create Exercise Schedule: The fastest way to lose weight is through intensive exercise. Diet alone cannot give you fast results. For quick weight loss you need to exercise and in general be active. Include in your weekly schedule 3-4 sessions for Cardiod exercises (aerobics, walking, and running) and 1-2 days for weight lifting exercises.

5.) Stay Motivated: Motivation is perhaps the secret key for losing weight fast. If you are not motivated enough and if you do not believe in yourself then you are not going to succeed no matter what diet or exercise plan you follow.
dusk99
maybe eat less calories? Its not that complicated.
Gideon
Burn more calories per day than you take in. DONE!
mya89
QUOTE (jaymee @ Feb 9 2009, 03:36 AM) *

tbh you can lose weight just from doing nothing. just occupy yourself and don't eat too much each time. stress helps too lol so if u have exams..make the most of your supressed appetite
samnang
i used to think weight loss was all about "calories in, calories out", i.e. burning more calories than you consume so you have a calorie deficit at the end of the day, but all of that is actually incorrect.

you can eat 3,000 calories a day and still drop fat. the trick is to change the way your hormones and fat cells function, which is done by severely restricting carbs.

cut out sugar, grain, fruit, and starchy vegetables. go heavy on fats, chees, eggs, meat, and broccoli/cauliflower/cabbage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.