Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where did your family orginated?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Filipino Chat
bloodchirayne

I'll start. Well technically I was born in U.S :P i often go to the Philippines every summer.. but I never really lived there. I have plenty of relatives in the Philippines.
My family has been in Manila :O since the 1920's(grandpa moved there for school supposely, my dad said he came from somwhere.. i think it started with the letter B... can't remember..it's been a long time since he told me) and I can trace back about 5 generations with last names.

I was wondering because most of my filipino friends say they can only trace back about 3 generations, why is that? :O and it seemed like most of them moved to the U.S to get a money and a better life. o_O
martin_nuke
You can trace your roots according to your surname

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ranch/9121/surnames.html
tamang hinala
based on what i saw on our family tree the my family (paternal side) came from San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte around 1790s but the later generations resided in what is now Tagudin, Ilocos Sur... and the rest is history :P

i dunno about my maternal side icon_sad.gif
Brego
My Father was from Malilipot, Albay... and my Mother grew up in QC but she told me the origins of my grandparents are from Bulacan...
silangan
QUOTE(tamang hinala @ Feb 18 2009, 05:22 AM) [snapback]4134531[/snapback]
based on what i saw on our family tree the my family (paternal side) came from San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte around 1790s but the later generations resided in what is now Tagudin, Ilocos Sur... and the rest is history :P

My mom's ancestor was from San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte, could trace back to 1800's
silangan
QUOTE(Brego @ Feb 18 2009, 08:40 AM) [snapback]4134606[/snapback]
My Father was from Malilipot, Albay... and my Mother grew up in QC but she told me the origins of my grandparents are from Bulacan...

My dad's maternal ancestor was from Pulilan Bulacan, could trace back to only the 1800's
bloodchirayne
QUOTE(martin_nuke @ Feb 17 2009, 09:58 PM) [snapback]4134360[/snapback]
You can trace your roots according to your surname

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ranch/9121/surnames.html

The most I can find is the one I already know of >_> <_<
seeboo
QUOTE(tamang hinala @ Feb 18 2009, 04:22 AM) [snapback]4134531[/snapback]

and youre a F* king probinsyano yourself and a F*king ILOKANO? hehe! embarassedlaugh.gif
alexandra
funny..

my maternal great,great grandfather came from China-- grandmother-- Bulacan.

my paternal grandfather Madrid who married a Spanish mestiza.

what does make me?? chop suey!
tamang hinala
QUOTE(seeboo @ Feb 23 2009, 02:13 PM) [snapback]4139673[/snapback]
and youre a F* king probinsyano yourself and a F*king ILOKANO? hehe! embarassedlaugh.gif

whatever, you're a certifed gay loser embarassedlaugh.gif

atleast i know where i came from... and i don't care where the fu-king arsehole your family came from...

you're still a cocklover who loves hanging out with homosexuals
Hi Tone
Can only trace my dad's side back to bulacan, but my mom always jokes all the neighbors are my relatives meaning there are alot of kissing cousins.
seeboo
QUOTE(tamang hinala @ Feb 23 2009, 05:13 AM) [snapback]4139822[/snapback]
whatever, you're a certifed gay loser embarassedlaugh.gif

atleast i know where i came from... and i don't care where the fu-king arsehole your family came from...

you're still a cocklover who loves hanging out with homosexuals
so you must be one of us then, how the hell did you know where the homos hang out?hehe embarassedlaugh.gif
seeboo
bad combination,ilokano and waray? mongoloid ang labas!hahaha!
Suzuka00
QUOTE(seeboo @ Feb 24 2009, 05:40 AM) [snapback]4141167[/snapback]
bad combination,ilokano and waray? mongoloid ang labas!hahaha!

tapos wanabee tagalog pa.
silangan
Kung saan ka pinanganak sa Pinas dun ka di ba? At saka, hindi mo naman talaga kilala lahat ng ninuno mo eh. Mababakas mo lang siguro eh hanggang tatlong daang taon. May paa ang mga ninuno mo. Pwedeng galing sa Luzon yung lolo ng lolo mo na nagpa Visayas hindi mo lang alam. Basta Pinoy tayo yan ang importante. Tamang Hinala at Seebo mag kiss na kayo. Wag kayong mahiya. Baka magkamag anak pa kayo eh embarassedlaugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.