Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: real life basketball
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Sports Chat
InitialDJay
anybody here play basketball now?

i started playing again and wow, i ran for like 20mins full-court at full strength, and i got tired fast, almost going unconscious embarassedlaugh.gif ..

i used to be able to play extensively for hours nonstop in hs.. but now all my stamina is gone. icon_sad.gif

how to help get your stamina back up? because this summer, i want to compete against my cousin really badly. i got to stay on top..it's a bet.
Dim_Sum_4_U
If you just get tired from running back and forth, then you need to go jogging and do wind sprints. If you can't jump as high or you're having trouble shooting the 3 ball, then you need to exercises where you are jumping a lot. Just remember that if you haven't played in a while and just started up the other day, you are going to be very slow so don't killer yourself trying to do what you used to do. Btw, drink 500ml of water (1 water bottle) 30 min before you play so that you don't get cramps as easy.
InitialDJay
^thanks yo

i'll try to do what you say.. energy drink and start running again.
KiisingGirls
I've been playing ball competively for 8 years now...
powerhouse102
Just keep balling, you'll get your wind back soon enough! beerchug.gif
Ben
I still ball at least once a week.
InitialDJay
my stamina is back up now.

i ball every weekend...

my friend and me are on a roll, we haven't lost in 8 game straight.

usually we play up to 13pts straight up, what you guys game format?

we usually go man-to-man, but sometime with multiple tall guys on other team (like today this white dude was like 6'5-6'7, but luckily he sux lol) we zone up and control the game and won by 13-9.

also i like playing as a decoy (??), it means i like to guard the least skill guy so i can be the "help guy".

our center was like 5'11 so i have to do a little bit of helping when some big dude drive inside. i block 1 shot today which pretty nice. he didn't see from behind.
Ben
13? That's a weird number to me lol.. We usually play to 16 or 21 here in NYC. Usually man to man unless we play full court.. then we go with a 2-3 zone or 3-2 zone depending on the players.
AzNboii
picc ups at tha park yeee
InitialDJay
^i'll do that next time if i don't get shot for stalking laugh.gif2

QUOTE (Ben @ May 26 2009, 10:34 PM) *
13? That's a weird number to me lol.. We usually play to 16 or 21 here in NYC. Usually man to man unless we play full court.. then we go with a 2-3 zone or 3-2 zone depending on the players.

well it's either 11, 13, or 15 depending on the number of teams waiting to play because it's winner in, loser out.

13 is the middle number so it's more competitive to play this format.

21 takes too long, especially if you have team waiting to play next. sometime 21 if it's friend vs friend though.
Ben
heh we play 21 with winners stays.. i remember playing like 5-6 back to back 21 point games back in the days cause me and my team be owning.. man i would limp home at like 1am in the morning.. lol

nowadays i don't play as much as i used to. Only once or twice a week max at my university. haven't played pickup streetball games in a while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.