Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Philippines: Wealthiest Nation on Earth?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Filipino Chat
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
renascimento
Hong Kong: Wealthiest Territory on Earth embarassedlaugh.gif

HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Hong Kong is pulling all its physical gold holdings from depositories in London, transferring them to a high-security depository newly built at the city's airport, in a move that won praise from local traders Thursday.

The facility, industry professionals said, would support Hong Kong's emergence as a Swiss-style trading hub for bullion and would lessen London's status as a key settlement-and-storage center.

"Having a central government-sponsored vault would create a situation where you could conceivably look at Hong Kong as being a hub, where metal could be traded for the region," said Sunil Kashyap, managing director at Scotia Capital in Hong Kong, adding that the facility was the first with official government backing in the region.

The Hong Kong Monetary Authority, which functions as the territory's unofficial central bank, will transfer its gold reserves stored in other vaults to the depository later this year, the Hong Kong government said in an earlier statement.

The monetary authority reported $63 million in physical gold reserves as of July 31, according to its International Reserves and Foreign Currency Liquidity statement. The authority wouldn't disclose where the reserves are held, but local media reports cited gold traders as saying that London's the most likely location.

Traders said the new depository facility could also foster new financial products, such as exchange-traded funds based on precious metals.

The 3,660-square-foot depository, located at the city's main Chek Lap Kok Airport, will serve as a "storage facility for local and overseas government institutions," according to the government statement.

Martin Hennecke, a financial advisor with the Hong Kong-based Tyche Group Ltd., said that could be appealing to regional central banks unnerved after watching the global financial system teeter on verge of implosion last year.

"Central banks are increasingly aware of the importance of having gold reserves at time of financial crisis and having it easily available at their own disposal," he said.

Meanwhile, local newspaper reports said the Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange had signed an agreement to use the depository for its physical settlement and storage needs.

Marketing efforts will be launched to convince Asian central banks to transfer their gold reserves to the Hong Kong facility, according to reports citing Raymond Lai, finance director with the Hong Kong Airport Authority.

Efforts will also be made to reach out to commodity exchanges, banks, precious-metals refiners and ETF providers, the reports said.

Management firm Value Partners planned to launch an ETF gold fund that will use Hong Kong instead of London as a repository for the gold backing the fund, local reports said Thursday.
azaz
I have been trying to get the attention of the governors of Leyte and Southern Leyte on this matter. I haven't got any reply yet but I got this from a certain Olympia Jolly. It seems that Leyte island really needs that $20 Million for development. Anyone from Leyte here?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Olympia Jolls says:

I'm not familiar with Mr. Diaz Will but I would like to know how people in my Brgy. can get in line for some of that funds. I'm from Brgy. Binongto-an, living in the U.S., like most brgy. we are poor farmers. We can use our share of that money to improve our drinking water, build a road, which the government is suppose to fund but our request has gone by the way side, these are just a few things from a long list of needs. I hope that the fund makes it to Leyte citizen as I'm sure Mr. Diaz had intended it to be, not to someones deep pocket.
Suzuka00
QUOTE (trismegistos @ Aug 18 2009, 10:01 AM) *
Remember also that during the Battle of Bangkusay, Tarik Soliman jeered at Lakandula for being coward and at the Bisayan Pintados and the Kumintangs for being submissive to the "Puting mukha" Castillians.

Jewish were persecuted before now they are the masters today. We are persecuted now, will our children be the masters of tommorow?

our country is very poor because the supposed people/province who are supposed to manage our country got castrated culturally.
Fictionicon
as long as the church dictates certain issues in politics... i highly doubt Phil will be wealthy......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3LvVCZvtqE...feature=channel part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ6eo-EFL9U part 2 icon_smile.gif
taolander
QUOTE (Fictionicon @ Sep 23 2009, 11:51 AM) *
as long as the church dictates certain issues in politics... i highly doubt Phil will be wealthy......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3LvVCZvtqE...feature=channel part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ6eo-EFL9U part 2 icon_smile.gif

you've missed a few discussions here. we need a population of 300+ miliion to crush the PRC embarassedlaugh.gif

azaz, you still alive ? how is the gold doing under the north pole laugh.gif
azaz
Taolander, thanks that somebody missed me. As for North Pole, I was also amazed that there is country up there. Todd Alphine really comes up with new sites that stir curiosity.
Renascimento, Hongkong's move to secure its gold seems a sign that the world is preparing for gold standard. The Philippines is said to be second only to South Africa in gold reserves but it seems there is nothing to substantially secure anymore in the Central Bank.
Suzuka, Philippines is also minerally castrated. We keep losing our wealth for one reason or another.

Now, I think Mr. John Arcane and Mr. Todd Alphine are helping certain Olympia Jolls of Tanauan, Leyte to claim the $20 Million for the People of Leyte. Olympia needs to enumerate some projects to convince the Trustees of the Jose Antonio Diaz Holographic Last Will to claim the money. Well, I hope the People of Leyte gets what Diaz left for that island though very little compared to other beneficiaries. Leyte is a small crack in this Santa Romana gold. I hope we find a bigger crack. Something that will fit the Philippines.
taolander
hm, if still you lack some claimants or have too much trouble verifying them, a donation to the victims of the storm should be in order. and maybe some long term investment in a dike / irrigation system. don't know how much influence you have on these decisions, but this could be the perfect opportunity to get some of it into the philippines.

and something about the manipulation of gold prices by governments

kudos to your "creative consultants". i was about to offer my help in such matters, but it seems they really know their stuff. laugh.gif
Suzuka00
QUOTE (azaz @ Sep 27 2009, 04:21 AM) *
Suzuka, Philippines is also minerally castrated. We keep losing our wealth for one reason or another.

I think moving the capital to Macabebe or Subic will stop the cultural castration....
The Red Baron
QUOTE (Suzuka00 @ Sep 28 2009, 12:17 PM) *
I think moving the capital to Macabebe or Subic will stop the cultural castration....

no, move it to cebu. the real center of the philippines.
Suzuka00
QUOTE (The Red Baron @ Sep 28 2009, 07:59 PM) *
no, move it to cebu. the real center of the philippines.

had the macabebeans won the battle of Bangkusay or magellan did not come The Philippines will be partition to two by Maranaos and Kabalens,Maranaos rule the southern part while Kabalens get the northern part...

While manila becomes a "singapore".
azaz
QUOTE (taolander @ Sep 27 2009, 11:33 AM) *
hm, if still you lack some claimants or have too much trouble verifying them, a donation to the victims of the storm should be in order. and maybe some long term investment in a dike / irrigation system. don't know how much influence you have on these decisions, but this could be the perfect opportunity to get some of it into the philippines.

and something about the manipulation of gold prices by governments

kudos to your "creative consultants". i was about to offer my help in such matters, but it seems they really know their stuff. laugh.gif

Yes, claimants are still welcome! If you go back to my other postings, you can see the other beneficiaries. But I do not have any influence on any decision. Yes there are so many projects in the Philippines that can get funding from the Santa Romana gold and I also hope the Trustees would have heart for such.

Nice site you have there on that CIA article. Somehow I think it gives a hint why the Philippines lost 617,500 metric tons of gold from the vaults of the Central Bank of the Philippines which the BSP neither cannot confirm nor deny. The Philippines could have been the financial center of the world. Father Marcelino Tagle, a former TOYM awardee, estimated the probable wealth lost and can be recovered to 50 TRILLION (not billion, not million) US Dollars after studying it for ten years.

If you have any other inputs on this matter, feel free to join the discussion at the Ming Forum which I think you know by now. God bless us.
Suzuka00
QUOTE (azaz @ Sep 29 2009, 08:45 PM) *
Yes, claimants are still welcome! If you go back to my other postings, you can see the other beneficiaries. But I do not have any influence on any decision. Yes there are so many projects in the Philippines that can get funding from the Santa Romana gold and I also hope the Trustees would have heart for such.

Nice site you have there on that CIA article. Somehow I think it gives a hint why the Philippines lost 617,500 metric tons of gold from the vaults of the Central Bank of the Philippines which the BSP neither cannot confirm nor deny. The Philippines could have been the financial center of the world. Father Marcelino Tagle, a former TOYM awardee, estimated the probable wealth lost and can be recovered to 50 TRILLION (not billion, not million) US Dollars after studying it for ten years.

If you have any other inputs on this matter, feel free to join the discussion at the Ming Forum which I think you know by now. God bless us.

I just hope that mainstream filipinos will be known as Luçoes/Lusong again....
taolander
QUOTE (azaz @ Sep 29 2009, 09:45 PM) *

Well, here's to hoping that the trustees display sense & compassion beerchug.gif

here's the third article in the series.

i don't think that only the Central Bank is missing some gold, maybe the US treasury & Federal Reserve are missing some of their own. Maybe all of them should be submitted to an audit confused.gif
trismegistos
QUOTE (Suzuka00 @ Sep 29 2009, 11:54 PM) *
I just hope that mainstream filipinos will be known as Luçoes/Lusong again....

Isn't Luzon mean the same thing as reference to the formerly Lusung Kingdom.
Luçoes was a Portuguese word for Lusung or Lusong. I agree with you, we must change our colonial name to something ancient and indigenous. Like Maharlika? embarassedlaugh.gif

How about, the Philippines to be the 51st state of the USA?

Would that be a good bargain so that the powers that be return the wealth to where it is due?

From a zionist perspective... Philippines as Part of New Jerusalem comprising the Jewish tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh(Britain and America) Aren't we all Jews(biblically speaking)?he he
http://www.newjerusalem.name/prophecy/prophecy.htm
There are approximately 7,100 islands in the Philippine archipelago. Three of its largest islands bear the names of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. The name of Luzon originally came from one of its ancient names ‘LU-SI-UNG’. This ancient name of Luzon has a connection with the twelve tribes of Israel. Luzon, or the Philippine Islands, was one of the overseas colonies of the Solomonic Empire of Israel. Hence, during ancient times, the people in South East Asia called the largest island in the Philippine archipelago by the name of its colonizer.

Throughout history, the Philippine Islands remained a part of the modern tribes of Israel. Spain took away from the Jewish people the control of the Islands. During the 16th century, most of the Spaniards were descendants of the Jewish people. Even King Philip II of Spain, was a known descendant of a Jew. The blood of the Jews runs through the veins of the Spanish people, then and now. According to the report of Pacheco Maldonado on the Philippines in 1570 CE, “Luzon is very rich in gold and the natives work the mines especially in the Province of Ilocos… There are many provinces in this island, each with a different language and customs. THE GREATER PART OF THE INHABITANTS ARE MUSLIMS AND JEWS” (Christianization of the Philippines, pp. 344-345).

Btw...
http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?...p;#entry4345190
I had created a thread before about Urduja and Tawalishi or Shilifoshi... http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=205787

Let's see...

- A rival of China, which was then ruled by the Mongolians

- a desire to conquer the pepper country now called India(formerly British India with now Malaysia)

- possessed many paraos or sea-going vessels for trade and alliance purposes

All appears like sri-Bisayan este Srivijayan to me. he he

Coedes termed Srivijayas to refer to an alliance of rajanates then known to the early Arabs as Zabag whose ruler was known as the Maharaja or known to the early chinese as Shilifoshi or TAWALISHI or Sanfoqui or Sanfotsi.

This folkloric legend could be an allusion to the actual.

The people of Sanfotsi accdg to the early chinese writers rode in Posse ships which was wrongly translated as Persian ships perhaps because of the alliance of Sanfotsi with the Persian Sayabiga forerunner of the Assassins, allies of the Knight templars.

Sanfotsi or Srivijayan elements in Lusung must be gone after the Pinatubo eruption and Islamization during the invasion of Raja Baguinda of Sulu and Maguindanao also known as Sultan Bolkeiah or Nakhoda Ragam of the Sultanate of Brunei.

Google the Laguna copperplate inscription, Sanfotsi and Zabag.

In fairness to Rizal, the late William Henry Scott also didn't have accessed to the Laguna copperplate Inscription as well as the early chinese and arab writings though he possessed much greater access to the early spanish and portuguese documents or writings pertaining to the Philippine isles which Rizal had no full access at that time.

Jose Rizal would not waste his time about Battuta's travel if he didn't believe it except for the gross exaggerations. Urduja, of course was not the real name. The name of the princess is written in Arabic consonants equivalent to English GTRDJ or WHRDJ which was read by Dr. Jose Rizal and other authors during his time as Wahi Arduja and later it is read as Urduja.

Kingdom of Luzon with its eastern capital Tongduk and Urduja: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Tondo

Tondo achieved its greatest power during the reign of Rajah Lontok and his consort Dayang Kaylangitan believing that she bore her talents from her Tawalisi princess, Urduja which happened to be her ancestor through his father Rajah Gambang.

Raja Gambang, btw, was the ruler back then of the Kingdom of Lusong or Selurung as it was known to the invader Sri-Bisayan Sultan Bolkeiah of Sulu, Maguindanao and Brunei. Sultan
Bolkeiah or Ragam married the daughter of the slain ruler to continue the line of the Pasig dynasty. The descendants include Soliman or Raja Muda and Lakandula.
links...
http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?...t&p=4185102
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/4059/ascend.htm
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Coast/7446/Ragam.htm

I think we need more movies like this Urduja no matter fantastical or grossly inaccurate it is, can aid our youth for searching about our lost past with the Srivijayas etc which was lost after 400 years of colonization.
taolander
that site looks pretty far-out...sound a bit like the book of Mormon, written for the Philippines biggrin.gif

just watching a documentary on swiss tv, about swiss banking secrecy. they claimed that marcos deposited 300 million dollars in 1968 under the name "William Saunders". "happy birthday" was the code for the account LOL
trismegistos
QUOTE (taolander @ Oct 3 2009, 11:49 AM) *
that site looks pretty far-out...sound a bit like the book of Mormon, written for the Philippines biggrin.gif

just watching a documentary on swiss tv, about swiss banking secrecy. they claimed that marcos deposited 300 million dollars in 1968 under the name "William Saunders". "happy birthday" was the code for the account LOL

yeah there are more like these. mormon-like, fundamentalists who says the end of the world is coming. like the prophet, cindy jacobs, saying the philippines as the new powerhouse in asia which has a kernel of truth in it btw. he he. just dont want her to be used by eddie villanueva or any black and white movements connected with fvr.
other british israelist or zionist sites point the Philippines as tarshish and ophir from the tribe of Javan destined to serve the tribes of Ephraim and Mannaseh, the Anglo Americans.

that documentary sounded like coming straight from those marcos books like the conjugal dictatorship. usually painting a bad image for the late strongman as the greatest thief. same old same old.

those stories are somewhat illogical like marcos having the yama$hita treasure needed to steal more from our country's coffers. and the yama$hita treasure are treasures from the european royal families plundered by the nazis, and the nazis trusted blindly these to the japanese to bury it in the blessed isles. wow, they actually managed to do that. fantastical stories. the gold horde or the asian treasure is true but not the theory that it is coming from the vatican or european kings etc. the asian treasure i speculated came from our srivijayan and majapahit ancestors. as the early spanish chroniclers said the indios were the descendands of tarshish and ophir, in the blessed isles, the place of the king solomon's mines, the realms of the queen of sheba(saba as in zabag), the land of Punt, homeland of the ancient egyptians acdg to a brazilian scientist. more far- out he he. see atlan.org
isn't it from the marcos books authored by caucasians saying that marcos was the attorney of Jose Antonio Diaz or Santa Romana, caretaker of the sultanate of sulu's wealth? which would make him multi-millionaire already even before his presidency? why would he need to plunder the meager IMF loans?
azaz
Welcome back Trismegistos!

What I can share is what is happening right now. Samco, Victoria Trading and the Trustees of Diaz are in full throttle salvaging the sunken ship called MV Philippine Gold. Claimants are welcome until January 2010. It should be a matter of national interest.
taolander
i'll look up Cindy Jacobs, there seems to be alot.

Like i pointed out, the documentation presented was from 1968 - before any Martial Law era "looting" could have been possible!!! OTOH, it was interesting that Marcos accounts were frozen immediately in 1986 (though some of the money was given to the Philippine Government only in 1997).

It is interesting because prior to that , the Swiss government had NEVER lifted the banking secrecy in history, despite the bullying by France, Nazi Germany and the Allies after WW2, according to the documentary.
Suzuka00
QUOTE (trismegistos @ Oct 2 2009, 09:02 PM) *
Isn't Luzon mean the same thing as reference to the formerly Lusung Kingdom.
Luçoes was a Portuguese word for Lusung or Lusong. I agree with you, we must change our colonial name to something ancient and indigenous. Like Maharlika? embarassedlaugh.gif

How about, the Philippines to be the 51st state of the USA?

Would that be a good bargain so that the powers that be return the wealth to where it is due?

From a zionist perspective... Philippines as Part of New Jerusalem comprising the Jewish tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh(Britain and America) Aren't we all Jews(biblically speaking)?he he
http://www.newjerusalem.name/prophecy/prophecy.htm

Btw...
http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?...p;#entry4345190

I just hope that one day our archipelago and people will heal and unite and be prosperous....
taolander
QUOTE (Suzuka00 @ Oct 8 2009, 04:19 AM) *
I just hope that one day our archipelago and people will heal and unite and be prosperous....

beerchug.gif

some bad/good news:

Can you remember back to the first week of June 1997? That week started and seemed ordinary by any standards. Yet before the next Monday had rolled around, the Asian crisis had exploded, plunging the value of the peso and pushing the economies of the region into chaos and recession.

There was little warning of the impending financial disaster for the ordinary person. Even the “experts” and we market watchers were taken by surprise at how quickly the whole thing developed and then exploded.

A similar event will soon happen but this time it will be like a flower blooming, steady and predictable but with the outcome inevitable and assured.

I wrote a couple of weeks ago about the gold/dollar tsunami that is going to hit the financial markets where we will see a collapse of the dollar and the price of gold skyrocketing.

Thirty days from now we will witness the “earthquake” that will trigger the tsunami. The signs are so obvious and are even occurring in the Philippine financial markets.

It is said that by watching the behavior of animals carefully and closely, one can “predict” an earthquake. Let me share with you some of the warning signs happening right now that are foreshadowing the earthquake that will lead to the tsunami.

The value of the dollar is going to fall and fall, and this will trigger great, near hyper-inflation in the US. The value of the dollar will fall so much that imported goods and imported oil that the US relies on will see prices skyrocket. That economy will fall into a greater recession with the nominal price of homes and other assets like stocks falling further as Americans scramble to raise cash for ordinary living expenses.

US interest rates will eventually have to be raised to offset the drop in the dollar, further strangling the US economy.

What are the signs that all this is going to happen?

The past couple of weeks have seen countless comments in the financial press about the other major nations in Asia and in Europe calling for a monetary alternative to the dollar, a “Super Sovereign Currency” (SSC). This past week saw more speculation that the oil exporters are pushing to have crude oil priced in euros and other currencies, and not in dollars. The Chinese government, for the first time, sold sovereign bonds to foreigners, denominated in Chinese yuan, not US dollars.

The Chinese, acting together with Japan as a major US creditor, and Russia, India, and Brazil (BRIC), have told the US that they can no longer tolerate the Obama administration policy of quantitative easing (QE). QE encompasses massive spending through massive budget deficits combined with the never-ending printing of dollars. The purpose of QE was to create the illusion of economic growth, or better known as the management of perspective economics. Make people think the economy is good and maybe a good economy will just happen. This policy has failed. The Chinese are fed up with financing this American illusion, and the only alternative is to devalue the dollar and force higher inflation on the Americans as they must suffer the consequences of the foolish policies for the last 20 years.

QE was supposed to have ended in June. But because the economy only became worse, it was extended until the end of October. That is why everything will come to a head in November as the Chinese and others pull the plug on the dying US dollar.

Gold has broken decisively above $1,000 as nations and institutions buy the metal to get rid of their dollars, and also knowing that gold will be a part of the SSC basket. Australia raised interest rates this week to make the Aussie dollar more attractive and to protect it against the falling US dollar. The Aussie dollar is now at a 14-month high against the greenback.

Here in the Philippines, suddenly, and by suddenly I mean a 180-degree change of forecast in two months, there is speculation that the peso will continue to appreciate. In September, the “experts” were saying that the peso might reach 50. Now the talk is 45 or better before year-end. The only way that can happen is with a massive depreciation of the dollar.

The local stock market is getting ready for a dollar depreciation/gold-price-boom scenario too. After having spent two-and-a-half months stalled between 2,800 and 2,900, the market exploded this week, most of the increase led by Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT). When you hear about the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) being up 50 points, that really means nothing. The reality is this.

The total value of PLDT shares increased by $500 million this week. That is real money. Some $20 million flowed into the stock market this week, the week after the worst flooding in decades. Sure, that makes sense. Or maybe, foreign money knows the dollar’s days are numbered and are fleeing into stock markets like the Philippines and Brazil and other emerging markets before the value of the dollar goes down dramatically.

Mark this: as of this writing the dollar index is 76.293, the spot gold price is $1040.88, the peso is 46.60 and the PSE index is 2,967.06. Three of these four will be significantly increased in value by the end of the year.

PSE stock-market information and technical analysis tools provided by CitisecOnline.com Inc. E-mail comments to mangun@email.com.
businessmirror

azaz
You really have A-1 information Taolander. You, Trismegistos, Renacimiento could have led a salvaging team for that sunken ship MV Philippine gold. It would have showed the other side of the Filipino.

It is true that Philippine peso would appreciate when US dollar depreciates but what the article was predicting is the demise of the US dollar. When this happens, what will happen to our peso whose fiat value is basically dependent on Philippine dollar reserves? I think the dollar will automatically pull the peso down as it hits the ground unless we have an alternative to support the peso up, like a substantial gold reserve, but this too is gone, now a tall tale to almost all Filipinos.

With respect to Todd Alphine, he predicted (I think the right word is "revealed") this demise-of-the-dollar plan five years ago. And the gold that used to be in the vaults of the Central Bank of the Philippines seems to be what will play a major role in this upcoming new world financial set up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Ming Forum related to Taolander's article:

Todd Alphine......

7 Oct 2009 @ 22:26 by Ref* KNIGHT ARCANE @220.57.164.61 : Shocking news to the uninformed
1) All of this is well known to those of us, who know what is going to occur. 2) Why do you think that the price of gold bullion is going up, it is not the demand for gold that is driving up the price of gold, it is something else, that most people are ignorant about. 3) Anyone who has real gold, should not sell it (except to buy cold beer) and hold on to it, as GOLD will eventually rise to $1,250.00 and then by year 2011, become higher than that, but then gold bullion is not something that is as precious as people think it is, as there are millions of tons of unreported gold, that have not entered the market place for good reasons. 4) OIL is also known as " black gold " and why the price of oil will remain high, is because all of those countries and their governments, need to tax the oil to gain income, as this current world financial melt-down is far from over, actually it is going to be causing much more serious problem starting next year, count on that!. 5) Most countries printed too much of their fiat currencies, so now the world is flooded with that paper money, which is not back up by anything. So this will cause inflation so the alleged financial experts that advise the governments, or their central banks, well they have to find a way to suck out some of that " excessive money " and the only way they know how to do that is " raise interest rates " as that will slow down everything " they assume ". But those foolish experts do not realize that the unemployment problems is not going to become resolved, meaning the millions of jobs that were lost, are gone forever. 6) Instead the whole world financial system will not started to change, starting with how crude oil is traded as right now, everyone HAS TO PAY for oil using U.S. Dollars, and that is why the Yanks ( Americans ) were able to enjoy their wasteful lifestyle and living on plastic credit cards...well, all of that will be changed, when the sale of crude oil will be payable in other form of financial payments, to replace using the Yankee U.S. Dollar. 7) So what happens to the poor countries, that do not have gold to purchase crude oil, well they are f_ _ ked in most ways. 8) I think that the crude oil is just the start or jump off and that many commodities will be priced in other than U.S. Dollars. 9) The problem is that the Americans will not understand any of this, as they are too busy watching sport programs on the 40 inch TV screen, while in their large house and ( drinking lots of cold beer ) and perhaps munching on cashew nuts. 10), KNIGHT ARCANE is a smart person in many ways, and I look forward to when we can again have another face to face meeting, it's been too long since the last event. Regards Todd Alphine
taolander
QUOTE (azaz @ Oct 8 2009, 09:57 PM) *
You really have A-1 information Taolander. You, Trismegistos, Renacimiento could have led a salvaging team for that sunken ship MV Philippine gold. It would have showed the other side of the Filipino.

you say "could have" and "would have", is there stil lsome out there, then ? ... anyway, my diving / scuba skills are practically non existing for finding sunken treasure, i prefer snorkelling laugh.gif

as for the devaluation and the introduction of the IMF SDRs... who knows what will happen ? maybe people will have no trust at all in the new currency, even if it is backed in gold, the change being so sudden, since confidence is actually one of the greatest goods in an economy. but having to pay for oil with it is a great motivator.

Either way, aside from the necessary rebalancing values "go up" according to the devaluation of the currency, like the stock exchange during hyperinflation.. some time ago i read about the stock exchange in Zimbabwe..it kept on going LOL.
Suzuka00
I think we need to revive the Luzon Tsubo aka banga industry,we need to put the banga/tapayan in our flag too...
azaz
QUOTE (taolander @ Oct 9 2009, 08:20 AM) *
you say "could have" and "would have", is there stil lsome out there, then ? ... anyway, my diving / scuba skills are practically non existing for finding sunken treasure, i prefer snorkelling laugh.gif

as for the devaluation and the introduction of the IMF SDRs... who knows what will happen ? maybe people will have no trust at all in the new currency, even if it is backed in gold, the change being so sudden, since confidence is actually one of the greatest goods in an economy. but having to pay for oil with it is a great motivator.

Either way, aside from the necessary rebalancing values "go up" according to the devaluation of the currency, like the stock exchange during hyperinflation.. some time ago i read about the stock exchange in Zimbabwe..it kept on going LOL.

Estimate from former head of Caritas Manila, Fr. Marcelino Tagle, was 50 TRILLION US dollars. The 617,500 metric tons that supposedly walked away from the Central Bank of the Philippines, let's say at $30 Million per metric ton, is only 18 TRILLION US dollars at current price. So 50 minus 18, you still have more or less 32 TRILLION US dollars worth of all sorts of wealth to look for Taolander. By the way, do you have any knowledge how much are 10 carats diamonds? Because half million pieces of these seemed to have also vanished with the gold.
taolander
those sums sure sound absurd and outlandish, but maybe one does not remember that gold was only worth 35 $ per ounce bak then.

i have no idea how diamonds are priced...funny, i just imagined how people are running around with "Diamond Backed Bearer Bonds" LOL.
zxcvb
philippines may not be one of the wealthiest nation, but we really are rich: in love, friendships, and family values embarassedlaugh.gif
taolander

abscbn

MANILA - A Philippine state agency plans to sell reconstruction bonds of up to P50 billion ($1.1 billion) in 5- to 10-year maturities to fund rebuilding after recent devastating typhoons, Trade Secretary Peter Favila said on Thursday.

Favila told Reuters the government has yet to decide whether the amount will be raised in one offer or in tranches, but the National Development Corp (NDC) has discussed the debt issue with government financial institutions and private banks interested in participating in the offer.

"Between 5 to 10 years, that's my proposal," Favila said when asked about the possible maturity of the debt offer.

"NDC will be the issuing entity backed up by a guarantee from the national government. There is interest in the bonds, they (government and private banks) also want to help in rehabilitating calamity-affected areas."
He said the government hopes to sell the bonds possibly in the next few weeks, if documentary requirements were speeded up.

Finance Secretary Margarito Teves said the government has to identify projects that need financing prior to the bond sale.

"Investors would likely be more receptive or responsive if they can identify themselves with the projects to be funded," Teves told Reuters in a mobile phone text message.

Two typhoons in two weeks destroyed about P18.4 billion in crops and fisheries and around P5 billion worth of infrastructure in the northern Philippines, including the capital Manila.

President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo said on Wednesday the government was keen to raise funds through the offer of NDC bonds, foreign aid and grants and cheap loans from development lenders to finance the rebuilding of typhoon-hit provinces in the north, including the country's main rice-producing areas.

She said market borrowing would be the last funding option.

Arroyo said development lenders like the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank may also subscribe to the NDC bonds.

"What the president meant was anybody can buy it, but it's not a retail offer," Favila said.

Manila is hoping to conduct an international pledging session possibly in November with the help of the World Bank and the United Nations to raise grants and aid from the foreign donor community to fund rebuilding efforts.
Suzuka00
I think we need to stop the Labor export policy...
azaz
I am posting again below the beneficiaries mentioned in the Jose Antonio Diaz Last Will. Maybe some of you are Diaz's forgotten friends. If you could present evidences of your acquaintance with Diaz you can be entitled to 50% of $100 Million. The other 50% goes to the recovery team. Taolander, maybe Diaz was your buddy. Deadline is Jan. 2010.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liza (Santa Romana?) was given US$ 50, million dollars while
Pedro and Rolando = US 5 million dollars
carmencita and ethelinda weere given were given 50million US dolars and 40 million US dollar + 10 Million pesos respectively.
Tarciana and Luz were both given 50 million UD dollar and 100 million US dollars respectiveley
for GIL del leon , Loy Torre, Atty. Luiz Cuevas and Ben cailao were all given 25 million Dollars
while his doctor Buindia was given 50, million US dollars
200,000 US$$ for the wife and children of Luiz Cuevas
5 million US $$$ for Mike Sta Romana
1 milion US $$ fro Emily Reyes
5 million US $$$ for his brother Federico Mateo
500 thousand dollar for each of the children of Luz Rambano ( AKA Luz sta romana ) but neve mentioned there that CEB Brown is a recepient of the Holo Last Will since according to CE Brown he is the heir of STA ROmana , he owns 50% of Sta Romana Estate ( why didi STA Romana married to Jim Brown in GAY right in california court??? )
50 million US $$$ for Jose Velasquez
30 thousand US $$ for mrs Velasquez
1.5 million US $$ for Atyy de guzman
1 million US $$ for mr fernandez
500K US $$$ for Billy, Egnr. Aguas, Panopio and barinki
400K us $$$ for Bautista, Katindoy and Eugenio
20 million US dollar for leyte people
100 million for all the forgotten friends
taolander
if this is supposed to be the Mackoy's Gold, i am amazed that nobody from Ilocos is being granted anything, but maybe the already got enough from him laugh.gif

no names that ring a bell, more like a forgotten friend.
azaz
QUOTE (taolander @ Oct 22 2009, 02:14 AM) *
if this is supposed to be the Mackoy's Gold, i am amazed that nobody from Ilocos is being granted anything, but maybe the already got enough from him laugh.gif

no names that ring a bell, more like a forgotten friend.

It is Santa Romana's gold, as far as it can be traced back, then it branches up to supposed Filipino royalties, mainly, the Tagean royalty, Sultanate of Sulu, etc. Ex-Pres. Marcos was said to be the lawyer of Severino Santa Romana, aka, Jose Antonio Diaz, and got commission from his work. I read from a biography of the former First Lady that when they were newly wed (Marcos was still a Senator that time), she was amazed of the sacks and sacks of money Marcos had all around their bungalow in San Juan. Marcos would just dip his hand in one of the sacks to get Php 5,000 for his supporters at a time when average monthly wage was just around Php 300. I think he did get his commission from Santa Romana and some report say meybe more. As I posted earlier, in 2005, an American agent exposed in international media 900 billion USD Swiss account linking to the ex-Pres. Marcos. Philippine debt is just around 90 billion USD. I hope you share more of what you got Taolander because you do have more. We live in a kind of financial "Matrix" and people need to read more of what is going on outside this matrix that only few people like you are seeing.

Below is a 1997 article from Malaya newspaper on Marcos wealth:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Malaya (10/03/97)
--------------------------------------------------------
Suggested Subhead: "Ferdinand said with a straight face that in fact he was because he had discovered Yama$hita's treasure."
--------------------------------------------------------
Marcos' Gold Hoard
by Ducky Paredes

The trouble with the Marcos millions is that it has been gone over too many times with a fine-toothed comb and everyone of those who have done so have come up with different versions of what it was the Marcos held.
How big was it? The estimates vary. The smallest estimate places the total at about $5.0 billion.
Enrique Zobel says that in Hawaii, Ferdinand Marcos tried to borrow $250 million from him. For payment, Marcos had his nurse bring out a folder of gold certificates for gold stored in various banks all over the world -- Switzerland, Monaco, the Vatican, the Bahamas -- with a total value of about $ 35 billion.
Former Governor Orlando Dulay told the PCGG's David Castro that Marcos had found and dug up $ 40 billion in gold.
From Marcos himself, when he was trying to come home, came the offer to return $15 billion to the Philippine government -- $5.0 billion to be spent for infrastructure projects, $5.0 billion to service the Philippine debt, then at $27 billion and $5.0 billion to the Aquino family for their sufferings during Martial Law.
Later, he revised the amount he was offering to return downwards to $5.0 billion. Then President Cory Aquino's answer must have turned off Marcos because the deal never prospered. She said that Marcos should first return the money; then, with the money already in the Philippines, they could talk terms.
In fact, Marcos indicated that the amount he was talking of returning was actually in the Philippines, buried in some secret site. If this is so, then, the money that we think is in Switzerland is additional treasure.
The Swiss bank accounts started in March 1968, the third year of Marcos in power. Walter Fessler, a representative of Credit Suisse Bank, went to Malacanang where the President signed a form that identified one account under the pseudonym of "William Saunders" under the real name signature of Ferdinand Marcos. Imelda's was "Jane Ryan." At that time, four bank accounts were opened with four checks, totaling $950,000.
In 1991, David Castro of the PCGG announced that 325 tons of gold had been smuggled out of the country during the Martial Law years and that these were on deposit in a bonded warehouse at the Kloten Airport in Switzerland. The gold was stored in the basement of the airport, right under where departing and arriving passengers pass.
At that time, the Philippine government had already identified several accounts of the Marcoses. These were sixty-three corporate accounts, seventeen under foundations and twenty-two secret accounts. As far as the Swiss bankers were concerned, they admitted only to $350 million on deposit with them.
Castro identified two additional secret bank accounts of the Marcoses that had, in them, $1.3 billion. Castro's source was the controversial Renner Jacobi, who had been working with the PCGG since 1988 with Chairman Mateo Caparas, who brought him into the agency.
In the course of the investigation into the account by the Swiss courts which had been asked by the PCGG to put a freeze on the new accounts that Renner discovered, Jacobi admitted that his associates had broken into the computers of Credit Suisse and, there, retrieved the information on the hitherto hidden accounts. From that moment on, Jacobi became a hunted man.
His last known dealing with the PCGG was when, under arrest in Hongkong, Jacobi was abandoned by his friend David Castro.
In 1993, Jacobi again revealed to Chairman Magtanggol Gunigundo that Imelda Marcos had signed a power of attorney appointing one Jose T. Calderon to "negotiate, transact, withdraw, transfer, sell or otherwise deal" on anything that is on deposit under her name with banks in Switzerland.
The current new revelation of an additional $13 billion in another Swiss bank apparently also has Jacobi as one of the operators who discovered this, again, obviously through computer hacking.
Is there really a Marcos hoard of gold and/or dollars in Switzerland or elsewhere? Does Jacobi really have anything or, as the Malaya theorized in an editorial, is this all fool's gold?
The former President, after a golf game, once shocked the reporters in Malacanang when, asked about being a rich man, Ferdinand said with a straight face that in fact he was because he had discovered Yama$hita's treasure. The reporters were expecting that Marcos would come up with a punchline since this was, to them, obviously a joke. Marcos never gave the expected punchline and, straight-faced, went on his way.
Maybe, that was the punchline.
Diretsahan. I also have a book from Senator Vicente Sotto which he has personally dedicated to me. I also have books with handwritten dedications to them from Senators Juan Flavier and Juan Ponce Enrile, President Fidel Ramos and Secretary Victor Ramos, among many more.
Yet, despite these, I would like to state for the record that none of these gentlemen ought to be held responsible, from having dedicated their books to me, for whatever I write in my columns. In fact, for most of them, except for the hand-written dedication on their books, I actually have very little to do with these gentlemen and they with me.
trismegistos
QUOTE (azaz @ Oct 26 2009, 08:17 PM) *
We live in a kind of financial "Matrix" and people need to read more of what is going on outside this matrix that only few people like you are seeing.

Another apt description will be living inside a financial "bubble" ready to burst. As many people(behaving like sheep) seem to equate "Stock Market" as the economy. So when they see that the market stabilise or in the upswing, 'let the good times roll' or 'we have better days ahead' is what they see.

What made it worse is the decision of the Obama administration(Obama following the advice of his Quackonomics Illuminati embarassedlaugh.gif) to pump trillions of dollars/mo to bail out the speculative or gambling or derivative debts instead of declaring bankruptcy for those banking institutions or simply writing off the debts as provided in their constitution's bankruptcy provisions. Expect for hyperinflation, as the speculators will increase the prices of oil, gold etc. The Human livestock will be bled to cachexia for the insatiable appetites of these Financial vampires.

If the BSP(Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas) didn't print more pesos to stabilise the falling dollar, we could have by now 10-20 pesos per dollar as the exchange rate. The rationale of BSP for them to print more pesos is to prevent an avalanche of OFW's coming home and therefore an increase in unemployment as the Gov't cant provide more jobs.

China and Russia(the Gog and Magog accdg to the British-Israelists) are wise converting these huge amounts of pumped out dollars to actual Physical infrastructures creating a better Physical economies. While Tony Blair is getting excited to be installed as Emperor of the United States of Europe. laugh.gif
taolander
so, if we are talking about the "financial matrix" i recently read on a forum ( no link, the threads are deleted after a time) that somebody was talking about a mysterious Philippine Hedge Fund connected to the Wall Street that owed money to both the Chinese & American Governments and that it will cause crash at 9:00 AM on the 27th of September. I don't know how these people come up with these crazy predictions, they say its about a web bot or something. embarassedlaugh.gif

trismegistos, it looks like a race to the bottom for everyone. Political changes will follow, so the EU will have its President and the USA be under some kind of "mild" martial law. embarassedlaugh.gif
azaz
Yes, that is far off, Taolander. I was hoping that you, Trismegistos, and others, noticed what I think excited Todd Alphine in reading that old article of Ducky Paredes: Marcos indicated that the amount he was talking of returning was actually in the Philippines, buried in some secret site. According to an article of Prescilla Almeida of Manila Bulletin some years ago, these sites are guarded by ex-Military and NPA of about 12 mall-size bunkers scattered all over the Philippines and just waiting for the right time. And if the right time is when the world turns to gold standard, then I think the Philippines won't really be pushed to the bottom.
SG20
BULL$hit !! Philippines is the WEALTHIEST in patriotism and family values
but not Lietrally. If you mean by Natural Resources I would say Canada - oil
Brazil - oil, Russia - oil&gas,gold.
SG20
QUOTE (trismegistos @ Oct 26 2009, 11:16 PM) *
Another apt description will be living inside a financial "bubble" ready to burst. As many people(behaving like sheep) seem to equate "Stock Market" as the economy. So when they see that the market stabilise or in the upswing, 'let the good times roll' or 'we have better days ahead' is what they see.

What made it worse is the decision of the Obama administration(Obama following the advice of his Quackonomics Illuminati embarassedlaugh.gif) to pump trillions of dollars/mo to bail out the speculative or gambling or derivative debts instead of declaring bankruptcy for those banking institutions or simply writing off the debts as provided in their constitution's bankruptcy provisions. Expect for hyperinflation, as the speculators will increase the prices of oil, gold etc. The Human livestock will be bled to cachexia for the insatiable appetites of these Financial vampires.

If the BSP(Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas) didn't print more pesos to stabilise the falling dollar, we could have by now 10-20 pesos per dollar as the exchange rate. The rationale of BSP for them to print more pesos is to prevent an avalanche of OFW's coming home and therefore an increase in unemployment as the Gov't cant provide more jobs.

China and Russia(the Gog and Magog accdg to the British-Israelists) are wise converting these huge amounts of pumped out dollars to actual Physical infrastructures creating a better Physical economies. While Tony Blair is getting excited to be installed as Emperor of the United States of Europe. laugh.gif

fu-k Tony blair, he's an imperialistic blood thirsty moron too bad he was turned down by the EU as a candidate for presidency
China holds US reserves in forms of bonds, China is getting rich at the same time buying up natural gas shares in Africa and Middle East
Greedy Chinese !!
azaz
Below are the recent series of postings by Sir Knight Arcane of some known personalities and their involvement in this Santa Romana issue:

5 Nov 2009 @ 15:14 by KNIGHT ARCANE @112.200.189.253 : WILLIAM V. MORALES ( CON MAN NO. 1)
I am posting this outside my lair since I am queing in one of the task that I hate so much so , to kill the time and set aside my boredome I want to answer some of the FACTS

FACTS: Wiliam V Morales , is said to be the son of Marcos from a Bulakenya woman before he met Imelda and even met this Carmen Ortega.

FICTION : everything that this William Morales is claiming is a complete fraud. His father was once a trusted servant of the mother of Ferdinand Marcos. and this Willia Morales known Marcos since he was a toddler adn was fond of him not because he is the son but due to the fact that his father served Ferdie Mother. with dedication and loyalty.

William Morales name was used by Marcos to mislead the General public during his exile. He manage to prints some Gold Bullion Certificate in Indonesia using his name as well as in Hongkong so that the Aquino Government and other MARCOS GOLD hunter will be diverted from thier attempt to hunt marcos Gold and planted on their thaught that MArcos trnasfered the Gold to William Morales. that is complete misconception. Inteligent people that know it will never ride that ploy. but TRicky and Greedy Military rode it in defferent way and uses that leverage to cash in from that GBC. and this William Morales upon knowing about those GBC jump into it.

FACTS : PRESIDENT FERDINAND MARCOS IN NOT THAT STUPID TO TRaNSFER THOSE GOLD INTO THAT PERSON. AND IF THAT HAPPENED THE IMF , THE WORLD BANK THE USA AND OTHER COUNTER CLAIMING THE GOLD INCLUDING THE 9 ASIAN COUNTRIES THAT FILED TO THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE OVER THIER RIGHTS TO THE GOLD. WILL JUST JUMP TO WILLIAM V. MORALES AND HOLD HIM AND PUT A KNIFE ON HIS TROATH.
;
FACTS : IF WILLIAM V. MORALES GOLD IS REAL. HE CAN NOT WALK FIVE PACES OUTSIDE THE PHILIPPINES NOT BEING COERSED BY THE GOVERNMENT OR HE WILL BE KIDNAPPED BY BIG NAMES AND JUST LET HIM SIGN TO TRANSFER THOSE GOLD INTO OTHER NAME. WILLIAM MORALES CAN WOLK IN A DAYLIGHT AND CAN EVEN TRAVEL IN ANY COUNTRY WITHOUT BEING GIVEN ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT FROM THE IMMIGRATION ON WHATEVER COUNTRY HE TRAVELED. PEOPLE ARE JUST TOO STUPID TO BELEIVED ON HIM.

5 Nov 2009 @ 15:35 by KNIGHT ARCANE @112.200.189.253 : LITECIA RAMOS SHAHANNI

SHE WAS APREHENDED BUT NEVER BEEN JAILED. REMEMBER SHE WAS A FORMER SENATOR AND SISTER TO FORMER PRESDENT F V. RAMOS. SO TAIWAN WILL NEVER DO THAT TO A FORMER STATEMAN.

SHE WAS INVOLVED IN THE EMBEZLEMENT OF KNOWN CERTIFICATE , BUT NOT MORALES., THYE DO NOT NEEDED IT, FVR IN 1995 MANAGE TO RETURNED THE 100,TONS OF 12.5 KG BAR THAT WAS UNEARTHEND IN COTABATO THAT BELONG TO THE CAMBODIA TREASURY [link] THE GOLD WAS COMPLETELY RETUNRED TO THE GOVENMENT AND YOU KNOW THE LAW ON TREASURE HUNTING 25% WILL BE GIVEN TO THE FINDER AND THE 75% WILL BE TO THE OWNER. SO FVR WAS THE PRESIIDENT DURING THAT TIME AND HE BECAME AN INSTANT CELEBRITY WHEN HE BECAME THE FIRST ASIAN PRESIDENT TO VISIT THAT SOCIALIST STATE. AND WAS GIVEN A KINGLY WELCOME BY KING Norodom Sihanouk .

5 Nov 2009 @ 15:42 by KNIGHT ARCANE @112.200.189.253 : JC

FACTS : after the fall of marcos former congressman Jose Cojuangco of Tarlac indeed went to the SWISS BANK in switzerland and in Netherland to inquire the said ill gotten gold of Marcos. he was not arrested but he was hold for a few hours. ( less than 24 hours ) he is not representing himself as the owner based on the documents that he brought, but due to his stupidity those documents are now in the hadns of the Swiss Banker. JC is a greedy man he never think it first, just jump into it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the Ang Bagong Lipunan (ABLs) gold certificates, Renascimento might like to know that its redemption is now blocked. Only Severino Garcia Santa Romana or Jose Antonio Diaz certificate of deposits are accepted by international banks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for SG20, you mentioned patriotism but you look up to Canada, etc. Also Family Values but you are very comfortable with ranting and cursing.
I guess I'll stick to the words of the likes of Ducky Paredes of Malaya Newspaper, Priscilla Almeida of Maniila Bulletin, Fr. Marcelino Tagle. ex-Head of Caritas Manila and Ten Outstanding Young Man awardee, Don Enrique Zobel, not to mention, Renascimento, Taolander, Trismegistos, Suzuka, Islander, Shambalista, Chelemasty, Taybenco, Todd Alphine, Knight Arcane, all of them who continue to give wealth of information.
shirleytravis

I think the Philippines is a rich country if its money is used properly and manage properly....having war cost us much and having corrupt politician cost huge....if only we have a government that's not corrupt and used money/resources properly then we are rich

regards,
shirley
Simulation prêt
The Red Baron
QUOTE (shirleytravis @ Nov 10 2009, 05:55 AM) *
I think the Philippines is a rich country if its money is used properly and manage properly....having war cost us much and having corrupt politician cost huge....if only we have a government that's not corrupt and used money/resources properly then we are rich

regards,
shirley
Simulation prêt

wrong... if you are right, then we would have high per capita....
why people just can't accept the fact that we are a poor country and
always blame the government. how can the country reach its potential
when most of our resources are still untap due to lack of investments..
azaz
QUOTE (shirleytravis @ Nov 10 2009, 05:55 AM) *

regards,
shirley
Simulation prêt

Welcome Shirley. Try to read to this link when you have time. It may be long but it's worth it.

http://upintelligence.multiply.com/reviews/item/6

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is true Red Baron that there are still resources in the Philippines that remain untapped like Deuterium in the Philippine deep. The center of the center of Marine diversity in the world is that narrow strait between Batangas and Mindoro but we throw garbage on it. Per capita income is never a measure of the human and natural resources of a country. It is gage of how a nation manages its resources.
Suzuka00
QUOTE (SG20 @ Oct 31 2009, 11:48 PM) *
fu-k Tony blair, he's an imperialistic blood thirsty moron too bad he was turned down by the EU as a candidate for presidency
China holds US reserves in forms of bonds, China is getting rich at the same time buying up natural gas shares in Africa and Middle East
Greedy Chinese !!

We can relate with Han Chinese but I think we don't know how to strategize, the chinese assimilated their colonizers such as the manchu and the chinese regained their true identity...
higaynon
Bangko Sentral cited for purity of its gold bars
By Paolo S. Romero (The Philippine Star) Updated August 25, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) got the recognition and accreditation of the influential London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) for the purity of the gold bars the BSP produces, officials said yesterday.

Monetary Board member Ignacio Bunye said the BSP, which is in charge of refining Philippine gold to be sold to the international market, got the good news of the LBMA last May 28. The BSP has its gold refinery at its Security Plant Complex in Quezon City.

The LBMA periodically certifies a list of refineries around the world that produce good quality gold.

Bunye quoted Dr. Paterson Encabo, deputy director of the BSP department of general services, as saying that the Bank’s gold refinery had passed the LBMA’s “proactive monitoring gold assaying test.”

“The BSP, Encabo said, continues to be included in the LBMA-accredited Good Delivery List (GDL),” Bunye said.

“This means that if we say that our gold has a purity of 99.5 percent, the international market accepts it at face value,” Bunye said quoting Encabo.

More importantly being on the LBMA’s list means that those who buy BSP-refined gold bars trust their quality, he said.

Encabo said the London Gold Market, the precursor of LBMA, first recognized the then Central Bank of the Philippines refinery as an acceptable melter and assayer of “good delivery” bars in September 1979.

Good delivery bars are the final output of the refining process, which involves the separation of gold from other elements such as silver and base metals, and the casting of the refined gold into bars, Bunye said.

He said 1979 was the start of the then Central Bank’s gold refinery’s operations and that the Philippines was then among only three countries in Asia recognized by the London Gold Market
azaz
Thank you higaynon for that information. 1979, yes, it meant we had significant gold for a refinery. Court Documents say that 617,500 metric tons of gold backed the Central Bank of the Philippines in 1949. In today's current gold price, that is more than 18 Trillion US dollars.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, higaynon, shirleytravis, please click the edit button. The moderator might give you warning. I have four.
higaynon
QUOTE (azaz @ Nov 15 2009, 06:25 AM) *
Thank you higaynon for that information. 1979, yes, it meant we had significant gold for a refinery. Court Documents say that 617,500 metric tons of gold backed the Central Bank of the Philippines in 1949. In today's current gold price, that is more than 18 Trillion US dollars.
And, higaynon, shirleytravis, please click the edit button. The moderator might give you warning. I have four.

OPHIR

o'-fer, o'-fir ('owphiyr (Genesis 10:29), 'owphir (1 Kings 10:11), 'ophir):

1. Scriptural References:

The 11th in order of the sons of Joktan (Genesis 10:29 equals 1 Chronicles 1:23). There is a clear reference also to a tribe Ophir (Genesis 10:30). Ophir is the name of a land or city somewhere to the South or Southeast of Palestine for which Solomon's ships along with Phoenician vessels set out from Ezion-geber at the head of the Gulf of Aqabah, returning with great stores of gold, precious stones and "almug"-wood (1 Kings 9:28; 1 Kings 10:11 2 Chronicles 9:10 1 Kings 22:48 2 Chronicles 8:18). We get a fuller list of the wares and also the time taken by the voyage if we assume that the same vessels are referred to in 1 Kings 10:22, "Once every three years came the navy of Tarshish, bringing gold, and silver, ivory, and apes, and peacocks." The other products may not have been native to the land of Ophir, but it is certain that the gold at least was produced there. This gold was proverbial for its purity, as is witnessed by many references in the Old Testament (Psalm 45:9 Job 28:16 Isaiah 13:12 1 Chronicles 29:4), and, in Job 22:24, Ophir is used for fine gold itself. In addition to these notices of Ophir, it is urged that the name. occurs also in two passages under the form "Uphaz" (Jeremiah 10:9 Daniel 10:5).

Hi sir,

Since our gold as one of the best quality...It further clarifies that we are the true Ophir,right? Since the Gold in Ophir is the finest/pure according to scriptures.

Suzuka00
QUOTE (higaynon @ Nov 15 2009, 10:59 AM) *
Hi sir,

Since our gold as one of the best quality...It further clarifies that we are the true Ophir,right? Since the Gold in Ophir is the finest/pure according to scriptures.

In fact Luzon's true name is Gintu which translates to gold in english allot of the gold is still in cordilleras,the cordillerans should never allow foreigners to get our gold.....
trismegistos
QUOTE (Suzuka00 @ Nov 15 2009, 05:32 PM) *
In fact Luzon's true name is Gintu which translates to gold in english allot of the gold is still in cordilleras,the cordillerans should never allow foreigners to get our gold.....

Pulo ng Ginto not just
Ginto:
http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?...t&p=4373171

Everywhere in the Philippines there were lots of Gold, those who are into mining or even geologists or archeologists say that there was even a mountain of Gold literally speaking just covered with a few layers of rocks and soil. You don't need to go even that far, even in Rizal, Bulacan, Zamabales, etc. Where there is copper, there is gold. Many miners are exporting Sand which is inexpensive. Which will then be purified into Gold in the outside countries. Tricking our Gov't and our people.
azaz
I think it has been open season for any powerful country or person to get Philippine gold. But the sad part, they are not even grateful to our country, even denying that gold comes from the Philippines, denigrating the Filipino and pushing most of our mind in a place where thoughts of being poor and hopelessness only exist. As for Ophir, yes I am aware of that, but I think we need more historical records to establish Ophir as the Philippines we know now. Suzuka and Trimegistos are the people of authority on this matter. Their research on the pre-colonial Philippines is a wealth. I hope people download what they are sharing for it is hard to find them, in libraries, or internet sites. As I have said before, this issue about Philippine gold should be a matter of national interest. But it is not even if it should be. That is why we have no other recourse but to discuss in this open forum...which I think has been better. More people have shared and read. View on this topic is now over 19,000 started April. That is amazing considering that this is an often shunned and not a light topic. Thank you everyone.
Suzuka00
QUOTE (azaz @ Nov 16 2009, 10:50 PM) *
I think it has been open season for any powerful country or person to get Philippine gold. But the sad part, they are not even grateful to our country, even denying that gold comes from the Philippines, denigrating the Filipino and pushing most of our mind in a place where thoughts of being poor and hopelessness only exist. As for Ophir, yes I am aware of that, but I think we need more historical records to establish Ophir as the Philippines we know now. Suzuka and Trimegistos are the people of authority on this matter. Their research on the pre-colonial Philippines is a wealth. I hope people download what they are sharing for it is hard to find them, in libraries, or internet sites. As I have said before, this issue about Philippine gold should be a matter of national interest. But it is not even if it should be. That is why we have no other recourse but to discuss in this open forum...which I think has been better. More people have shared and read. View on this topic is now over 19,000 started April. That is amazing considering that this is an often shunned and not a light topic. Thank you everyone.

We are strategic to western powers that is why the americans and spanish colonized us the problem is that we have elites that are sell outs.....
matigasngulo
hm, it would be nice to see some absolute numbers of the gold mined from the Philippines during the spanish & american colonial eras... other than relying on some dubious calculations by mr. & mrs seagraves in their book on the japanese loot from China & SEA, and secret depression era deposits from europeans, americans, vatican etc. btw that "upintelligence" site is very interesting, presenting those weird certificates and the history of Pres. Laurel intentions. seems that the Mackoy's role is made to be more than it was. last thing i heard was that somebody was presenting a bond for 500 million a so-called "Kennedy bond" with a picture of JFK and a space shuttle blasting off (sic!), but i cannot fault scammers for their often brilliant sense of humor LOL. anyway, regarding all these gold stories, if somebody is preparing a new gold backed or new pm standard, i have read the musings a Jacques Rueff, who was planning for the pan-european currency in the 1960s, but i think that plan ultimately failed since instead of revaluing the gold price all it achieved was that the IMF took control of everything. maybe it would be quite rational if the gold price were at 5000 but i seriously doubt that some banks will allow that to happen, not to speak of various governments. embarassedlaugh.gif
azaz
According to some sources, the gold stored during Spanish and American times at Fort Santiago for safekeeping was 720,000 metric tons. This was eventually moved to other places for safekeeping especially in view of World War II. After the war, 617,500 metric tons backed the Central Bank of the Philippines in 1949 according to Pasay City Court document. You can read more from this link from Manuel Quezon III: http://www.quezon.ph/2006/03/28/political-...sm-in-thailand/

Now where are we going with all these bits of information? Ex-priest Fr. Marcelino Tagle, in his appearance on a Senate Blue Ribbon Committee hearing on Oct 14, 1999 (or 1997) seemed to mention that some gold stored in Swiss Banks are marked "People Of the Philippines". Now, if those markings are not erased yet, then the most logical claimant for those bullion is the government of the Republic of the Philippines. Estimates from different sources say that 80,000 metric tons were allotted to the people of the Philippines. In today's dollar value, that is 2.4 Trillion US dollars (2,400 Billion US dollars) more than enough to pay the $90,000 Billion Philippine debt. I guess the first step is find Fr. Marcelino Tagle and put the Philippine claim back on track. But where is Fr. Marcelino Tagle? Ex-head of Caritas Manila and TOYM awardee.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.