Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To my fellow 2009 graduates....
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Education Chat
Teamsta
congratulations biggthumpup.gif

MA in poli sci (graduated Jan, receiving diploma during commencement today May 18th)
skylin
beerchug.gif congrats!
breakfastcrew
hurray here is for the bad economy and high unemployment rates
Goombaking209
Wow a master's degree! How long did it take? are you going for your PhD? share us your experiences.
mndeg
masters in political science? uh oh
do you plan on becoming a lawyer? if not you're stuck in a giant debt hole
and most lawyers don't make much money these days as well
Goombaking209
^ He's not totally screwed. He can teach Pol. Science at a community college.
Xian
Congratulations all of you who are graduating this year. ^_^ I've still got a few years left myself. But at least I have found something I am totally passionate about. =)
mndeg
at least 70% of my graduating class is unemployed
Suijen
QUOTE (mndeg @ Jun 7 2009, 04:58 PM) *
at least 70% of my graduating class is unemployed

You sound surprised.
mndeg
how can you tell, there's no tonality on forums
mikekk86
I walked in the commencement and will officially graduate before the year's over. There' nothing like pursuing art in these economic times biggthumpup.gif I'll be getting my BFA in Drawing & Painting and then I'm off to get my MFA and eventually teach at the college level (I feel rather confident about my plans).

What's the difference between a pizza and an art major?

A pizza can feed a family of 4.
mndeg
how much money will it cost for education expenses alone meaning books and tuition to get that far? 100k?
raspberry
Think of this time as a time for opportunities to be more innovative, more creative! And while you're unemployed, use this time to give back to the community through volunteer work. While there is no pay, you'll learn skills, make connections (super important!), and may even discover your life's passion! Think positively. . . yes, yes, I know, loans, bills, etc. . . but if you don't have a job, you don't have a job! Do something useful with your free time!
ttocs
QUOTE (mikekk86 @ Jun 9 2009, 03:14 AM) *
I walked in the commencement and will officially graduate before the year's over. There' nothing like pursuing art in these economic times biggthumpup.gif I'll be getting my BFA in Drawing & Painting and then I'm off to get my MFA and eventually teach at the college level (I feel rather confident about my plans).

What's the difference between a pizza and an art major?

A pizza can feed a family of 4.

Yeah it is tough but at least you'll be doing what you love.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.