Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru WRX's
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Car Chat
SilverxSurfer
Can I expect the same reliability of a Honda Accord with at least 200k on a WRX engine? Subarus are the underdog of the big 3 (Nissan, Toyota, Honda) Japanese companies. I dont know any one who has one, but I want a WRX, and Im wondering how reliable they are.

2nd2none
QUOTE (SilverxSurfer @ Jun 29 2009, 10:37 PM) *
Can I expect the same reliability of a Honda Accord with at least 200k on a WRX engine? Subarus are the underdog of the big 3 (Nissan, Toyota, Honda) Japanese companies. I dont know any one who has one, but I want a WRX, and Im wondering how reliable they are.

They're on par with the big 3 as far as reliability goes. The new ones have had some issues, but they're slowly getting worked out. If you do buy one, make sure you keep up with the maintenance. There's nothing worse than having oil cut off to your turbo icon_smile.gif. Dont mod them and they'll be fine to 200k miles. Hell, I have a 2008 impreza STi with about 13k miles I've been beating on for the past 7k miles lol. No problems so far, and I beat it hard! One thing, watch out for the infamous piston ring #4
vtecKiller
most cars are reliable if u keep up the maintainance

WRX/STis does have a OEM turbo which means more $$ for maintainance
SilverxSurfer
The resall values of Subarus WRX's seem to be very low. A 2007 WRX (the last model year, 08 sti is a 5 door wagon only) with an average of 15k miles is $28,000, while a 2005 WRX sells on average for $17,000!
2nd2none
QUOTE (SilverxSurfer @ Jun 30 2009, 03:41 AM) *
The resall values of Subarus WRX's seem to be very low. A 2007 WRX (the last model year, 08 sti is a 5 door wagon only) with an average of 15k miles is $28,000, while a 2005 WRX sells on average for $17,000!

Are you talking about STi, or WRX?? 2007-2009 STi's go for around 25-29k right now, I doubt a WRX is going to be that much. I had an 08 WRX before, and I only paid 24k out the door for it.
Bach
Forced induction dont tend to last very very long compare to N/A. Plus most owners dont feel like the factory boost is enough ...
WarEngineer
money, reliability, power

pick 2.
2nd2none
QUOTE (Bach @ Jun 30 2009, 05:13 AM) *
Forced induction dont tend to last very very long compare to N/A. Plus most owners dont feel like the factory boost is enough ...

It's not, that's what upgrades are for hehe.. My stock turbo, VF 48/journal bearing boosting 18lbs, performs completely different from my current turbo, Blouch Dominator 4.0 60lbs/min/ball bearing at 18lbs. Too many variables come into play, compresser size, hotside, inlet size, you get the idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.