Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Le Thanh Tong (1442-1497) Sejong the Great (1397-1450)
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Vietnamese Chat > Vietnamese Serious Talk
Shyn
Wow, I didn't know they existed almost comtemporaneous to each other.
SoCal
QUOTE (Shyn @ Jul 30 2009, 12:23 PM) *
Wow, I didn't know they existed almost comtemporaneous to each other.

I plan to do a YouTube video listing their achievements.
SoCal
Sejong the Great

SoCal
http://english.vista.gov.vn/english/st_doc...02120797812389/

The distinguished thought in Le Thanh Tong's poetry is to build a country governed in peace and order, with an outstanding civilization, taking the man as the center. Although he was Confucianist, its thought has passed through the "Buddhism-ization" and "Taoismization". He considered that Buddhism's "six way" is plenty of love and righteousness; found himself awaken by the method of "clearsightedness"; praised the life in retirement; disregarded merits and fame, wealth and honours of Taoist priests, and wished that his heart was always at ease like Buddha's heart. We can say that the relationship of Three Religions is expressed clearly in Le Thanh Tong's life view and world view, and by this, his ideas penetrated deeply the spiritual life of contemporary broad masses.
SoCal
For Your Information

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.