Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: san andreas, anyone?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Game Chat
Pages: 1, 2
sirgika
you all know it's out. for those who bought it, how is it?!?!
syilim
QUOTE (sirgika @ Oct 28 2004, 05:03 PM)
you all know it's out. for those who bought it, how is it?!?!

actually, its not out until 2moro in uk. i will b up at 8am to get it. will tell u afterwards. but man i cant wait.
Botakun
really great game, this really deserves a biggthumpup.gif
it makes fun
got a lot of cool and funny features ...
storymode is better
than vice city
bigger city and also not just city! just special!
Phil_Huynh
i know it
its good
kind of long
hahah
too many things to do
played it at my friends house
dun got a ps2
haha
syilim
where u guys from?? how cums u got it already? man, i hope it doesnt fall below my expectation. ive been waiting 4 dis since they 1st announced they will b creating another GTA after vice city. hella long time
Mantis
Canada here, got it yesterday at EB, with no lineup whatsoever.

This game is TIGHT. 3 cities each the size of Vice City, and a LOT of countryside (forests and deserts) inbetween, with little townships and villages here and there. You can do so much more here than in the previous games, you can enter almost every building in the whole game(!) if you decide to go on a little burglary. You don't have to worry about drowning in a shallow pond either, because in this game, you can actually swim. The game also gives you better jump access than in any previous games. If you jump against a tall fence, your character will automatically grab hold of it and climb over unlike in the previous game where you couldn't go over an obstacle without jumping directly over it. Also, there are now bars that indicate character skills which you can upgrade, and the bicycles are a welcome addition (they're hella fun!) Those are basically all of the things that have changed since Vice City.
syilim
$hit hot man. cant wait. another 9 hrs 8mins n 38 secs. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
disnikkadirty
game is badasss! must have for ps2 owners.. i jacked a tractor and started to bust drive-bys muahahahah..
grd
I got the game yesterday and it is tyte. Its cool all the customization you can do with your character. You can go into new stores and buy new clothes. You can go to the gym and lift weights to get ripped or run on the treadmill to lose weight. you can get haircuts. Plus its the first GTA game where they actually use the f-bomb. My favorite weapon so far is the knife. If you attack someone from behind with it you will slit thier throat for an easy kill. icon_twisted.gif
NitaKang
A friend of mine was absent today just b/c of that version..he got so addicted lol.
Rappapa
Fun game. I'm sick of all the bugs and glitches madgo.gif
But still definitely better than its predecessors.
I like the ability to swim beerchug.gif
Mantis
Plus its the first GTA game where they actually use the f-bomb

Yep, and it's also used at least once in nearly every sentence.
Botakun
san andreas is also the first GTA game where you can
swim and go to the Gym and train
but Finally they made that the character can swim!!

these features i like the most ^^
Rappapa
QUOTE (Mantis @ Oct 29 2004, 01:03 AM)
Plus its the first GTA game where they actually use the f-bomb

Yep, and it's also used at least once in nearly every sentence.

I love how they say the N word a lot. I'm now justified to say it in school biggthumpup.gif
grd
QUOTE (Botakun @ Oct 29 2004, 06:51 AM)
san andreas is also the first GTA game where you can
swim and go to the Gym and train
but Finally they made that the character can swim!! 

these features i like the most ^^

Can't forget the 2 player free roam mode!!! Finally a GTA game with multiplayer. bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif
Botakun
^ uh yeah the 2 player 'free roam' mode...,
I heard of it, but what is it exactly and how do unluck it if
it is necessary ??
Got-To-Know
Woahh san andreas is frikken great.
haha i like riding the bycicle cool30.gif
will this game also be out for the X-box
and does someone have an Idea how long it will take
before its out on the X-box
I dun have ps2 bawling.gif
gotta play GtaSa on my friends ps2 everytime embarassedlaugh.gif
YnD
I dont think its coming out on xbox anytime soon. I wished they made gta online!
Phil_Huynh
hmm i heard in like this rumor thing that it was coming out in march of 05
but i dun know
dont listen to me then
Rappapa
Grove Street 4Lyfe!
Mantis
I hope it comes out soon for the PC. PC version of GTA games ALWAYS look way better. Sharper colors and textures, and no "blur" that you get in the PS2 version. Plus, it's soooo much easier to move and aim with a keyboard and mouse than with a freakin analog stick icon_confused.gif
grd
QUOTE (Botakun @ Oct 30 2004, 02:48 AM)
^ uh yeah the 2 player 'free roam' mode...,
I heard of it, but what is it  exactly and how do unluck it if
it is necessary ??

Thier are hidden icons in the city. It looks like two small red players connected. All you have to do is find one and stand on it, then it tells you that if you have a second controller plugged in then you just have to hit x and a 2 player game will begin. Its not splitscreen though you have to share one screen so you two cant go far from each other. Also only one vehicle can be used at a time between the two players. Its fun when you both get in a car though cause one guy drives and shoots and the other guy hangs out the window and shoots cool30.gif. If you want to try it out I remember where one of the icons is. Just start out from CJ's house one grove street, follow that street west. After a little distance you should cross under a bridge, take the first right after that bridge, you should enter a little alley like area with a building on the left side, the icon is in that building.
JustINtroverted
I'm starting to dislike the Grand Theft Auto Series.. it's getting repetitive. Some of the missions are even the same. I don't see the point in getting this game when I can just play Grand Theft Auto 3 over again.
grd
QUOTE (JustINtroverted @ Oct 30 2004, 01:49 PM)
I don't see the point in getting this game when I can just play Grand Theft Auto 3  over again.

Cause its alot better than GTA 3.
sirgika
QUOTE (JustINtroverted @ Oct 30 2004, 03:49 PM)
I'm starting to dislike the Grand Theft Auto Series.. it's getting repetitive. Some of the missions are even the same. I don't see the point in getting this game when I can just play Grand Theft Auto 3  over again.

subtle differences make a HUGE difference beerchug.gif

*not including the size of SA*
aZnRiCeChiQ
i want to get it..but i dont have PS2
Eclectic Asian
damn, just wondering.....does this game utilize the ps2's maximum power/performance potential???

because damn, i always thought vice city made the ps2 work hard because of those long loading times....

after san andreas, i think rockstar will have to wait til ps3 comes out to make a new game unless there's still some power to spare in the ps2....(it would be cool though if ps2 was upgradable and stuff)
shinseikaze
pc users have 2 wait at least a yr before this gets released
Got-To-Know
QUOTE (Phil_Huynh @ Oct 30 2004, 12:43 PM)
hmm i heard in like this rumor thing that it was coming out in march of 05
but i dun know
dont listen to me then

I sure hope u heard that right biggrin.gif
YnD
Am i the only one who thinks this game is not all that its hyped up to be? i just got it, and first impressions arent good. Its like vice city all over again, but more of a hip hop influence. Plus i got to admit the graphics look a bit crap icon_sad.gif
GenomVirues
This game is great
i've claim over many gang territories so far.
this is just like real life; the city of LA look so damn reall
$hit this should be game of the year!!!!

after gettting this --you wont see me at school for couple of weeks
grd
QUOTE (YnD @ Oct 31 2004, 12:56 PM)
Am i the only one who thinks this game is not all that its hyped up to be? i just got it, and first impressions arent good.  Its like vice city all over again, but more of a hip hop influence.  Plus i got to admit the graphics look a bit crap  icon_sad.gif

At first I thought it wasn't much better than Vice. Then after playing for a while you realize there is so much more to do than in previous GTA games.
wolverine
got this game from my friend...
its ok...
2 player mode is fun
shinseikaze
dame seems so good..........need 2 wait a yr 4 pc version.............!!!!!!!!!
devilish
This game is amazing. Just running around stabbing the $hit out of people with my razor sharp knife alone is worth the $50. biggthumpup.gif
FrogRod
the engine is a peice of $hit. It looks the same all three versions. I could've programmed the damn engine.
華夏無產
I remember some of the kids in my neighborhood playing it.

I played Vice City and GTA-IIIa few times before. That period was after when someone had rammed me with their truck going 40 miles an hour and I was the one that got a ticket. (He ran the red light at 40, and was drunk, and still got off free).
Digital Insanity
source: http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas

Click Soundtracks

OST!!

CD1

1) The Theme from San Andreas
2) Rage Against the Machine -- Killing In the Name Of
3) Tupac -- I Don't Give a fu-k
4) James Brown -- The Payback
5) Ronnie Hudson -- West Coast Poplock
6) Guy -- Groove Me
7) Eddie Money -- Two Tickets to Paradise
8) Cypress Hill -- How I Could Just Kill A Man love2.gif
9) The Maytals -- Pressure Drop
10) Slick Rick -- Children's Story
11) Rick James -- Cold-blooded
12) Raze -- Break 4 Love

CD2

1) Ohio Players -- Funky Worm
2) Heart -- Barracuda
3) Compton's Most Wanted -- Hodd Took Me Under
4) Lyn Collins -- Think About It
5) Public Enemy -- Rebel Without a Pause
6) Faith No More -- Life In Crisis
7) Bell Biv Devoe -- Poison
8) Max Romeo & The Upsetters -- Chase The Devil
9) Erik B and Rakim -- I Know You Got Soul
10) Willie Nelson -- Crazy

BONUS TRACK

11) AFI -- Head Like a Hole
grd
I think the radio stations are the best of any GTA games so far. And as usual the commercials and talk shows are hilarious.
flipcombatmedic
so gta sa is set in the nineties in cali, much like gta 3 was on new york like city during about the 2000's and the vice city eighties miami/florida?
grd
Yea, early ninties, in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Las Vegas.
Rappapa
I love the soundtracks. Rage Against the Machine. Old school rap before it got bastardized. It's great biggthumpup.gif
KoRn
2) Rage Against the Machine -- Killing In the Name Of

awesome. lol i have their cd's.

and this game is mad fun. lots of people just play a bit and just go "eh it's ok" but they don't even get far into the game and unlock all the crazy $hit u can do.
Digital Insanity
QUOTE (Rappapa @ Nov 3 2004, 03:09 PM)
I love the soundtracks. Rage Against the Machine. Old school rap before it got bastardized. It's great biggthumpup.gif

Earlier, I was praying that at least one NWA song would re-emerge in San Andreas.
GawtxJenny
mah boifren just bought the game...i can't wait to play it...haha...
Phil_Huynh
haha
i hope it comes on xbox
i heard it would march 05 when it would
KoRn
QUOTE (Phil_Huynh @ Nov 3 2004, 08:54 PM)
haha
i hope it comes on xbox
i heard it would march 05 when it would

lol i don't think they'll be making it for xbox. they haven't made any of the GTA's for XBox so i think it's strictly PS2 until computer. I think PC version is coming out march 2005
GawtxJenny
stupid cops...i like to run over the gangs...haha...
LX_1537
damn diz game iz da sh!t....there iz 2 player in it...u jus gotta go look 4 it....good thing u could swim... biggthumpup.gif .....i like takin da enemy territory...datz da sh!t.........peace...still luv da 2 player mode...
Rappapa
Yeah I took over Balla territory today. It was the shiznat beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.