Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Cantonese sound really like Vietnamese? Let's do a comparison
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Vietnamese Chat
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
QUOTE (Shyn @ Jan 15 2010, 12:18 AM) *
To be frank, I was kidding before about you having small piggy eyes that obscure your vision but now I can totally imagine this to be close to the truth.

haha, u can say anything as u like.BTW how about u then? Look like a typical malay? embarassedlaugh.gif
Shyn
QUOTE (naengmyun @ Jan 15 2010, 12:18 AM) *
Its pretty obvious 1993HK is the most insecure person here, why else would he start a thread about it?

The languages sound similar to an extent.

I believe this is the general consensus here among the majority of the populace. embarassedlaugh.gif
hitmonxiong
QUOTE (chineseboy1993hongkong @ Jan 14 2010, 11:18 PM) *
look at the languages classification by the professional lingiutist dumb miao .......oh my god...you are really hopeless....i will forgive you...because you are miao..no wonder miao never created anything that matters to the world.....inferior race..

You never present to us those.

All you had were youtube videos.

Again, stop acting like you're a descendent of a noble Chinese family. I don't see American people with the lastname "Jefferson" calming that they did invented something.

YOu're insecure and claiming things that are not even yours. YOu're likely a descedent of a slave class. lol
chineseboy1993hongkong
QUOTE (JakeCutter @ Jan 14 2010, 11:18 PM) *
Cantonese to East Asians is the equivalent of what Arabic sounds like to Europeans and Middle Easterners.

Hmmm obviously people care about Miao culture enough to live with them for many years in Laos and write books and documentaries on them. Ask any linguist, anthropologist, or sociologist.

once again talking irrelvant crap? am i suppose to care what other think of our language? the argument is whether cantonese is originated from vietnamese
did i say cantonese sound like japanese or whatever language? as long as its not realted to viet or miao then i am happy and its not my wishful thiking as experts have already sperate dour language in different categories
so accept it whetyher you like it or not
QUOTE (chineseboy1993hongkong @ Jan 15 2010, 12:22 AM) *
once again talking irrelvant crap? am i suppose to care what other think of our language? the argument is whether cantonese is originated from vietnamese
did i say cantonese sound like japanese or whatever language? as long as its not realted to viet or miao then i am happy but still its my wishful thiking experts have already sperate dour language in different categories

U know they have nothing to say.But just keep on saying cantonese sounds like vietnamese cantonese sounds like vietnamese.
A language has 60% vocabulary from another language, no doubt they would sound same to non-linguists. embarassedlaugh.gif
hitmonxiong
QUOTE (chineseboy1993hongkong @ Jan 3 2010, 05:45 AM) *
it's made by myself its quite simple to understand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fugm_6BbEkk

i can find numbers in mandarin sounding very close to cantonese
infact i can also understand most of numbers in japanese
but sadly not vietnamese
they are spelled in different way in romanization and pronouced in totally different way
not evne a single numbers sound alike to cantonese

this is the truth whether you like it or not just accept it

these are your facts and evidences? LOL

very laughable.

Very subjective. No facts presented
chineseboy1993hongkong
QUOTE (hitmonxiong @ Jan 14 2010, 11:20 PM) *
You never present to us those.

All you had were youtube videos.

Again, stop acting like you're a descendent of a noble Chinese family. I don't see American people with the lastname "Jefferson" calming that they did invented something.

YOu're insecure and claiming things that are not even yours. YOu're likely a descedent of a slave class. lol

when did i say i have noble family background? i said my family have a very good academic backgrounds
better than being a miao i guess all miaos ar eborn refugee like beggars
living as an exiles for all generations how pitiful
Shyn
QUOTE (886 @ Jan 15 2010, 12:19 AM) *
haha, u can say anything as u like.BTW how about u then? Look like a typical malay? embarassedlaugh.gif

Okay, how do I look like a typical Malay based on my heritae? Laff, nice try but most Southern Chinese and Vietnamese do not look Malaysian. I have double eyelids but my eyes are still small nonetheless (but do not resemble yours lol) and my nose have a high bridge. Since I am Chinese and Vietnamese, my skin is fair but tan easily, however it is no where near the brown tone of the Malay. Besides, I apply sunblock to ensure a white and radiant color. embarassedlaugh.gif

In my opinion, southern Chinese and Vietnamese look a lot better than the northern Chinese and Koreans. And no, Shanghainese are not southerners or at least the majority of you (including yourself) people are not anyways. I do believe you know the reason for this but then again you look a like a northern. embarassedlaugh.gif
chineseboy1993hongkong
QUOTE (hitmonxiong @ Jan 14 2010, 11:24 PM) *

these are your facts and evidences? LOL

very laughable.

Very subjective. No facts presented

this video is to show the obvious difference in our languages sounds
from countign 1 - 10 when did i say all those evidence are includedin the video? dumb miao
just go look up for some papers

cantonese : classfied as sino tibetan

vietnamese : mom.khmer

now get lost ugly miao
SoCal
Look at the flag of Vietnam and Hong Kong/Canton.

A picture is worth a million words.

QUOTE (Made in China @ Jan 14 2010, 08:11 PM) *
Hehe, it isn't so wise to use "Cantonese" search results in Youtube in order to identity the amount or size of Cantonese pride in the world. It's really comparing a distinct nation with a significant province in China...

I would say that is a particularly hard comparison to make.

As for evidence for Cantonese pride:All of China speaks Mandarin but in Guangdong, Cantonese remains dominant in face of gov't pressure, CCTV broadcasts only in Mandarin, and business, daily communication, out of class conversation is still primarily conducted in Cantonese.

Cantonese ppl have a lot of pride in themselves. That is why they r the 2nd largest dialect in China in spite of a larger MAndarin dominace.

It's mostly because of Hong Kong lol.

Shyn
QUOTE (886 @ Jan 15 2010, 12:24 AM) *
U know they have nothing to say.But just keep on saying cantonese sounds like vietnamese cantonese sounds like vietnamese.
A language has 60% vocabulary from another language, no doubt they would sound same to non-linguists. embarassedlaugh.gif

It is actually 70% and plus another 20% of substratum vocabulary. Over 90% of Vietnamese vocabuary can be trace and/or connected to a Chinese source (from multiple dialects possibly), origin or relations one way or another.
hitmonxiong
QUOTE (chineseboy1993hongkong @ Jan 14 2010, 11:25 PM) *
when did i say i have noble family background? i said my family have a very good academic backgrounds
better than being a miao i guess all miaos ar eborn refugee like beggars
living as an exiles for all generations how pitiful

You claim that your people did this and that as with Chinese civilization. I don't think those Chinese back then would like a youngster like you claiming their accomplishments.

You're taking someone else's credits dip$hit.

You have no idea about socioeconomic class and stratification among different ethnic/racial groups. You're not a Sociologist therefore, you blame ethnicity rather than other social factors.

You're a mere pseudo intellect.
hitmonxiong
QUOTE (chineseboy1993hongkong @ Jan 14 2010, 11:27 PM) *
this video is to show the obvious difference in our languages sounds
from countign 1 - 10 when did i say all those evidence are includedin the video? dumb miao
just go look up for some papers

cantonese : classfied as sino tibetan

vietnamese : mom.khmer

now get lost ugly miao

You claimed that you had presented facts and evidences.

That video is obviously not.

embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif
chineseboy1993hongkong
QUOTE (hitmonxiong @ Jan 14 2010, 11:30 PM) *
You claim that your people did this and that as with Chinese civilization. I don't think those Chinese back then would like a youngster like you claiming their accomplishments.

You're taking someone else's credits dip$hit.

You have no idea about socioeconomic class and stratification among different ethnic/racial groups. You're not a Sociologist therefore, you blame ethnicity rather than other social factors.

You're a mere pseudo intellect.

accomplishments? as a hong kong person i dont think we ever let our ancestors down our accomplishments are obvious and im sure they are damn proud of us
we made it fmaous way before the Japanese and korean infact korean are still limited to asia and asian american community
they never achieved anythign as near as ours....not to mention your miaos are totally useless..

the hollywood gave us the title the hollywood of the east and we are only a city
we no doubt superior to you lowly miaos
hitmonxiong
QUOTE (chineseboy1993hongkong @ Jan 14 2010, 11:35 PM) *
accomplishments? as a hong kong person i dont we let our ancestors down
our accomplishments are obvious
we made it fmaous way before the Japanese and korean infact korean are still limited to asia and asian american community
they never achieved anythign as near as ours....not to mention your miaos are totally useless..

After the opium wars the British raped your @$$ and that is why Hong Kong is more developed unlike the rest of China.

You brought shame to your ancestors. Please go kill yourself. Too big of a disgrace.

JakeCutter
QUOTE (chineseboy1993hongkong @ Jan 14 2010, 08:22 PM) *
did i say cantonese sound like japanese or whatever language? as long as its not realted to viet or miao then i am happy and its not my wishful thiking as experts have already sperate dour language in different categories

Did I ever say I wanted to associate Miao or Viet with Cantonese? lol No doubt Vietnamese and Hmong languages both share similar vocabularies and sentence structures with most Chinese dialects, but the same could also be said of most languages around the world where different people share close proximity with each other. So like it or not, your language does share some features with Hmong.

And you want to talk of all this language bullsh*t when you can barely even speak one. Good luck getting into Harvard. 20 ESL classes later you can transfer from a community college. icon_wink.gif
chineseboy1993hongkong
QUOTE (hitmonxiong @ Jan 14 2010, 11:37 PM) *
After the opium wars the British raped your @$$ and that is why Hong Kong is more developed unlike the rest of China.

You brought shame to your ancestors. Please go kill yourself. Too big of a disgrace.

british never raped anyone like the spanish or portuguaese or the laos LOL
infact british use civil method to regulate the hong kong people
unliek the spanish and protuguese who raped and robbing the natives
british are really smart people we must admit it
they use tolerance and democrazy to settle the people thats why not so many hong kong people hated the british

how is your miaos in laos? still gettign murdeerrd and raped everyday? why you miss laos so much? maybe your father is a lao rapist?lmao
hitmonxiong
QUOTE (chineseboy1993hongkong @ Jan 14 2010, 11:42 PM) *
british never raped anyone like the spanish or portuguaese or the laos LOL
infact british use civil method to regulate the hong kong people
unliek the spanish and protuguese who raped and robbing the natives
british are really smart people we must admit it
they use tolerance and democrazy to settle the people thats why not so many hong kong people hated the british

how is your miaos in laos? still gettign murdeerrd and raped everyday? why you miss laos so much? maybe your father is a lao rapist?lmao

I see Cantonese people with European features due to interracial marriages and mixing.

Truth hurts. We all know this is a fact. The british raped ya bad because your people were using kungfu against British guns.

Hong Kong is a rich successful city all thanks to the British. Not you, not a China man.
chineseboy1993hongkong
QUOTE (hitmonxiong @ Jan 15 2010, 12:45 AM) *
I see Cantonese people with European features due to interracial marriages and mixing.

Truth hurts. We all know this is a fact. The british raped ya bad because your people were using kungfu against British guns.

Hong Kong is a rich successful city all thanks to the British. Not you, not a China man.

keep making things up but this is typical dumb brain miao style cantonese wth caucasion features LOL i guess all the viets are half french then dumb miao

and its no secret that hong kong success was dependeding on the hard workign and intellect of hong kogn people
how much can a government do if the people are dumb and lazy? dont try to deny our success because you inferior miaos have no country and no brain

i mean look at he philpines and vietnam, indonesia having been colonized for so long by holland, france, spaniard but th epeopel are still so unicivilized rude and dumb and uneducated....admit it is your useless subhuman dna that make you behind peopel...just like you miaos...
QUOTE (chineseboy1993hongkong @ Jan 14 2010, 11:52 PM) *
keep making things up but this is typical dumb brain miao style cantonese wth caucasion features LOL i guess all the viets are half french then dumb miao

and its no secret that hong kong success was dependeding on the hard workign and intellect of hong kogn people
how much can a government do if the people are dumb and lazy? dont try to deny our success because you inferior miaos have no country and no brain

i mean look at he philpines and vietnam, indonesia having been colonized for so long by holland, france, spaniard but th epeopel are still so unicivilized rude and dumb and uneducated....admit it is your useless subhuman dna that make you behind peopel...just like you miaos...

U know wasting ur time to speak to some people who is good at lying is very stupid. embarassedlaugh.gif
When I saw the word "truth hurts", I can't stop laughing.
HAHA, a lot of cantonese do look more than caucasins than common chinese. embarassedlaugh.gif
hitmonxiong
QUOTE (chineseboy1993hongkong @ Jan 14 2010, 11:52 PM) *

But i see Cantonese people all the time. So you are telling me that i'm blind and that you are right?

British gave ya their capalistic ways and that is why Hong Kong flourished. Just look at the Japanese.

Why do you hate Vietnamese and Miao people so much? I mean... you're not that better. YOu got a round face and a flat nose just like the rest of Asia. embarassedlaugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.