Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How taiwan can catch up with Japan
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Chinese Chat > Taiwanese Chat
Pages: 1, 2
mannstein
I have read some essay written by a Taiwan lady : Miss Ruth Lin .

MIss Lin must had a degree in Asia study , her essyas which posted on wenxuecity had covered many culture aspect of Asia which include China and Japan . My personally had benefited great deal from her work . There are many aspects of her observation seems very interesting and vital . Miss Lin had made many valuable points regarding the chinese backwardness .

From Miss Lin's work , she had made points about , chinese culture is impotent and devoid of brain and muscle .

Serious destitution of spirituality and mental health .

Those aspects which Miss Lin had purposed which is undeniably true .

For these view i personally like to add some element which i may believe is relevant to MIss liNS essay and
also maybe this has something to do with Chinese people/culture catching up with big guys . West/Japan .

I like to share some of my experience regarding my family / kins , I myself am very into movies and novels .

The mental and spiritual stimulation to me is very potent regarding some of the films or novels .

For instances like Mission to mARS . the Ending is awwe inspiring to me .

The spiritual impact to me is so potent . and yet , when my family watched , my mom and my uncles , they dismissed it as
so so , or not intersting . Where many were found it awe inspiring . and many other culture assert which I found overwhming , but my olders feels nothing .

My question to this is why they could not recieve the same amount of mental stimulation like I did , why dont they find it
awe inspiring , is it possible they could not appreciate the beauty of strenght from it .

What is the problem of that I recieved so much and they so much less .

When I ponder for those questions , i believe this might be the answer .

I was raised on a foreignland , so the culture atomsphere is different , the old chinese way had many taboos .

Many taboo subjects , realting to sexuality , revenge , many things .

Somehow I believe with those taboos , the people raised under this influence are easily developed into many inhabitation .
I mean mental inhabitation , but with those are veritable human natures .

In certain circumstances , it is nature for man and woman developed into something sensual , but with inhabitation that swayed you not to follow your nature instinct but suppress urself . one maybe unconsicely suppressed some of these desire /

sensuality is just one , but taboos within old chinese way are many , revenge , violent , self-immolation , there are many .

But after all , those are really man's inherent instinct . It appears be , Chinese had many different types of inhabitation .
These are called moderation in chinese culture .

If this is the truth , My personally believe there is a likelihood that many chinese mind had been locked . Dur to those
inhabitations .

And that might explain the reason why , people like my mom or uncle , they could not appreciate the culture aspects ,
to the full extent , since the falculty of preception of these area were being debilitated , as inherent instincts being
benumbed due to inhabitation . When one being handcuffed , he no longer able to relax and enjoy himself .

The crimal behind the curtain are those taboos you should not openly talk about amount chinese sphere

and he had a nickname : moderation .

This might be the answer to which MIss Lin had raised as she claim that the chinese are devoid of spirituality or mental health is bad . Or chinese culture is devoid of muscle or brain .

I will adding a word to ones raised under these taboos , the word is domescated and sheepish .

I believe people in Taiwan are woship Japan and Japanese a lot , and intend to imitated some of their aspect of culture ,
from a superfical level at least , i do not believe that will lead people in taiwan catch up with Japanese .

What is in destitution for people for catching up , if a patient had symptom , and clearly prescrption should be given by some doctor . to tackle the core problem , to remdy the harm that mental inhabotation had done , one demands to let lose all the inhabotation , to be open to one's inherent wild nature . To rebel agaisnt the domestication , the suppression which had done to you . Instaed of being a sheepish pet , one demands become a free wild lifeform capable of daily struggle .

There is one man beyond the scope of such repression , i personally respect him great deal .

Mr . Gu Long , ( ancient dragon ) , his works are beyond the scope of such sheepish docility , and renders a wild picture of
what a freeman capable of . He is a great man , but died too young . And his way maybe a very good answer that will
solve some of the question That Miss Lin had raised .

Gu long is real beast not a lamb, that what i admire him .

Also wether or not chinese can catching up with the big guyes maybe also relate to this question , benumbed can never appreciate something beautiful and potent soulfuuly , but you dont create things you that dont appreciate .

Miss lins saids , Chinese culture is devoid of brain and muscle ,

one in order to make good things happend might be firstly you have to
possess a soul to fully appreciate what strength and beauty cab bring to you . That demands a mentality beyong the scope of sheepish docility but of wild spirit .

This is what I believe the main area people should working on , once people has endowed a mental capacity similar of
Japan or west .

Reaching to their hights shall not be a something unreachble .

fight moderation!

This is what I believe .

Red Fox Ace
This is barely readable.
robot_devil
Mannstein is former forum member: Tutudelai! From his broken English to his topics of interest, it could not be more obvious.
mannstein
QUOTE (robot_devil @ Jan 20 2010, 09:16 AM) *
Mannstein is former forum member: Tutudelai! From his broken English to his topics of interest, it could not be more obvious.

your good english makes me nervers , by the way i never had any english training , i picked up the language by myself .

robot_devil
So you do not deny that you are indeed tutudelai?
mannstein
i am different now . icon_smile.gif
afewminutesofyourlife
1st grade writing level fail.
ba-b4
Are you trying to say Chinese as a people will never their full potential because of chinese "moderation?" I think this has to do with traditional confucian values. It's different than the values in other cultures where freedom of individual expression is placed higher than fitting in. I don't think the Japanese until only recently become more Westernized in this regards anyway.
mannstein
well , it should be said . moderation has rendered chinese less capable
mannstein
QUOTE (afewminutesofyourlife @ Jan 20 2010, 04:41 PM) *
1st grade writing level fail.

have you ever taught yourself a foreign language ??
mannstein
chinese mind are being hadcuffed due to all those mental inhabitation , chinese has to finding ways to unlock those lockers .

the reason why my older could not recive and appreciate the beauty and strength from the culture like i did , is because those inhabitation , their mind are being handcuffed , their very psyche are similar to some one who swellowed sleep pills and his never are benumberd , his sensitivity are being weakend , so when the spiritual stimulation kicks in , the reciever end of spiritual nerve are unconcisly filiting out many spiritual element .

This is the reason i believe why my olders could not recieve the same amount of spiritual stimulation like i had with those movies and books or pictural whatever .

When you have to many mental inhabitation , you head is locked . !!!

Onlyway out is fight , rebel agaisnt the taboos and inhabitation!
afewminutesofyourlife
No because I don't need to.

Anyways I somewhat agree , chinese culture is old and has it's LIMITATIONS. Obviously some old limitations will hold you back.

Taiwan knows this because it has interacted with outside cultures alot such as Japan or US.
mannstein
Taiwan is as domesicated or sheepish as most chinese , I have a taiwan buddy before and watching Taiwan TV constantly .
Surely i understand that , Taiwan are eager to imitate Japan , at least from superficial level .

I believe if you really want to catching up with the big guys , you got to tackle the core problem , i mean this sheepish mind which renders you unable to recieve all the mental stimulations , or reaching the higher level of spirituality .

My prescrption giving to you is go wild , instead of being a domescated pet , you turn yoursel into a wild life form

wild , free, rebellion .

thats the antidole towards moderation's poisioning !

afewminutesofyourlife
Taiwan has more individuality and less nationalism IMO. Nationalism is the ultimate sheep mindedness like in China or Japan.

Taiwan are outcasted chinese descendants , meaning theres no ties to China other than diplomacy or trade. Same with many overseas Chinese. China even calls Taiwan a "ROGUE Province" lol

And we already are wild , you just dont know it because you feel safe. Your master is your state nanny because she takes care of you , for us outcasts our masters are OURSELVES. We are manifesting our own destiny.
mannstein
QUOTE (afewminutesofyourlife @ Jan 20 2010, 09:16 PM) *
Taiwan has more individuality and less nationalism IMO. Nationalism is the ultimate sheep mindedness like in China or Japan.

Taiwan are outcasted chinese descendants , meaning theres no ties to China other than diplomacy or trade. Same with many overseas Chinese. China even calls Taiwan a "ROGUE Province" lol

And we already are wild , you just dont know it because you feel safe. Your master is your state nanny because she takes care of you , for us outcasts our masters are OURSELVES. We are manifesting our own destiny.

I understand what you are saying , the way i see it , somehow i believe even taiwan today's still deeply entrahced with some old chinese ways , look at what that buddist monk tsin yun said , you know what my talking about .

My essay is to do with culture aspect not politics , can you sincerly deny the fact the poisioning effect of moderation still wildly alive , even in taiwan .

InitialDJay
you made too many $hit up. it would be nice if you can summarize your main points in a few sentence. icon_sad.gif

chiuchimu
@mannstien

As I understand it, Taiwanese only want to be themselves, Taiwanese.

Don't insult them by saying they want to be someone else. They are proud of who they are.
mannstein
QUOTE (chiuchimu @ Jan 21 2010, 12:53 AM) *
@mannstien

As I understand it, Taiwanese only want to be themselves, Taiwanese.

Don't insult them by saying they want to be someone else. They are proud of who they are.

i am offering to help , not insult . and finding way help my Han brother in taiwan catch up with big guys . Thats all ,
but in order to do that , there are some problem to be tackled . it is helping people to be more of themself by letting lose all the inhabitation !

Taiwaner seems eager to catching up , i am offering some good advice , by the way , Gu long is a taiwanese , i've mentioned in my essay . His work should be the role model for all our people
emac
Taiwan wants to be like japan?
that is nonsense! Taiwan doesn't want to be like anyone.
Taiwan has their own pop culture, fashion, clothings, music, movies. They are not trying to copy anyone.
I go back to Taiwan every six month. I see nothing in Taiwan that resembles japan. The taiwanese don't even talk about japan in any of their conversations. period.
Taiwanese do talk about how terrible the kmt is doing to their country. This I hear alot, even from Taxi drivers.
mannstein
QUOTE (emac @ Jan 21 2010, 10:17 PM) *
Taiwan wants to be like japan?
that is nonsense! Taiwan doesn't want to be like anyone.
Taiwan has their own pop culture, fashion, clothings, music, movies. They are not trying to copy anyone.
I go back to Taiwan every six month. I see nothing in Taiwan that resembles japan. The taiwanese don't even talk about japan in any of their conversations. period.
Taiwanese do talk about how terrible the kmt is doing to their country. This I hear alot, even from Taxi drivers.

what is wrong that u want to learn from others , imitation is first step towards veritable learning from others , had japan learned or imitated from ancient china , yes they had . there is nothing wrong with learn ffrom others , it is not weakness nevertheless its a strenghth .

but what i am saying sheer imitated from japan in a skin deep level will not help you catching up with japan , or dose people concieve with dreams one day we can be as civilized as japan or the west ?
InitialDJay
QUOTE (mannstein @ Jan 23 2010, 12:02 PM) *
what is wrong that u want to learn from others , imitation is first step towards veritable learning from others , had japan learned or imitated from ancient china , yes they had . there is nothing wrong with learn ffrom others , it is not weakness nevertheless its a strenghth .

but what i am saying sheer imitated from japan in a skin deep level will not help you catching up with japan , or dose people concieve with dreams one day we can be as civilized as japan or the west ?

can you give an example of imitation?
mannstein
QUOTE (InitialDJay @ Jan 23 2010, 12:54 AM) *
can you give an example of imitation?

from TV program towards product packaging .
from magazine presentation to young people fashion

you sincerly can not detect this ?
InitialDJay
QUOTE (mannstein @ Jan 23 2010, 02:14 PM) *
from TV program towards product packaging .
from magazine presentation to young people fashion

you sincerly can not detect this ?

no? i never know any of this. it's completely new.

i visited taiwan last summer and noticed an increasingly number of japanese visitors, but never noticed any unusual change in culture.

maybe i'm just getting old. you know me, i'm an ol' skool.

rotflmao.gif
tigeryoung
QUOTE (InitialDJay @ Jan 23 2010, 09:23 PM) *
no? i never know any of this. it's completely new.

i visited taiwan last summer and noticed an increasingly number of japanese visitors, but never noticed any unusual change in culture.

maybe i'm just getting old. you know me, i'm an ol' skool.

rotflmao.gif

This is the biggest joke I have ever heard that Taiwan wanna catch up with Japan. It is a day dream.First it need to overtake the GDP of Guangdong pronvince which exceeded years ago.
Taiwan is in the democratic trap set by USA of fighting among the members in the parliament without any time spent on its economic development.
pintara
QUOTE (tigeryoung @ Jan 26 2010, 09:36 AM) *
This is the biggest joke I have ever heard that Taiwan wanna catch up with Japan. It is a day dream.First it need to overtake the GDP of Guangdong pronvince which exceeded years ago.
Taiwan is in the democratic trap set by USA of fighting among the members in the parliament without any time spent on its economic development.

i think the catching up meant by author is not economic level but civilisation level , can you sincerly deny japan is a more advanced in culture affair , taiwan has no ambition to catching up in this domain ??
mndeg
uh guangdong region has 4 times as many people as the whole country of Taiwan and far more land.

35,000 km^2
to 177,900 km2^2

Taiwan is a developed country. It has the purchasing power parity of countries such as Japan, France, and Greece. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count...P%29_per_capita
pintara
QUOTE (mndeg @ Jan 27 2010, 12:12 AM) *
uh guangdong region has 4 times as many people as the whole country of Taiwan and far more land.

35,000 km^2
to 177,900 km2^2

Taiwan is a developed country. It has the purchasing power parity of countries such as Japan, France, and Greece. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count...P%29_per_capita

but what about the civilisation level , on a par with japan ? i dont think so .
naengmyun
Taiwan can always ask Japan to colonize them again, alot of Taiwanese seem to be Japanese wannabe anyways. embarassedlaugh.gif
pintara
QUOTE (naengmyun @ Jan 27 2010, 12:33 AM) *
Taiwan can always ask Japan to colonize them again, alot of Taiwanese seem to be Japanese wannabe anyways. embarassedlaugh.gif

thats pretty spinless not cool at all , only un=diginified people always asking to be other's pet
Red Fox Ace
QUOTE (tigeryoung @ Jan 26 2010, 08:36 AM) *
First Taiwan needs to overtake the GDP of Guangdong pronvince which exceeded years ago.

This is like saying that Portugal needs to overtake Spain. As MnDeg pointed out, Guangdong is significantly larger than Taiwan in both land and population, thus it's hardly remarkable that it would eventually wind up with a larger GDP.
tigeryoung
QUOTE (pintara @ Jan 27 2010, 12:04 AM) *
i think the catching up meant by author is not economic level but civilisation level , can you sincerly deny japan is a more advanced in culture affair , taiwan has no ambition to catching up in this domain ??

There is a logical mistake some guys made here .Taiwan is NOT a country, but part of China , officially acknowledged by almost all countries in the world including USA and Japan, even though some ill disposed people wanna take advantage of this misleading fact.
If we take a look at the dog fighting by men and women in the parliament in Taiwan , we can never expect it is civilized . Taiwan falls into the democratic trap set by USA of fighting for what is a fight and opposing for what is an objection . That is why it wasted at least 10 years of development and is not being overtaken by Guangdong whose GDP is among the 20 biggest in the world and still on the rise at unparalleld speed.

Japan is advanced in some way we have to admit, because USA invested lots of money in there after the war and took the defence for himself as to put it in the controlled jar for fear it might threaten USA again like bombing the pearl harbor during ww2.
But Japan can not win a real respect from the world as it is two small a country to fight its rivals. Say, Russia is though weaker in economy than Japan, but has far more influence than the latter around the world for it has nuke and resources which Japan dreams to have in its small island. So all the innate drawbacks limits its potential status in the world, let alone Taiwan, far more smaller island with even less GDP than Guangdong .
Red Fox Ace
QUOTE (tigeryoung @ Jan 27 2010, 07:29 AM) *
If we take a look at the dog fighting by men and women in the parliament in Taiwan , we can never expect [Taiwan to be] civilized.

You're saying that 30 men and women are an accurate representation of 23 million?

Manders
QUOTE (Red Fox Ace @ Jan 27 2010, 10:27 AM) *
You're saying that 30 men and women are an accurate representation of 23 million?

To some extent, since those same people elected these buffoons.
mndeg
Taiwan is far more civilized than Japan. What criteria do you want to use?
pintara
QUOTE (mndeg @ Jan 27 2010, 05:47 PM) *
Taiwan is far more civilized than Japan. What criteria do you want to use?

was this not the truth ? has taiwan gained equall capacity with japan in terms of creativity or refinement in making things or social development ??
pintara
taiwaner really had woship japanese too much , japanese are awesome , but not as divine as you would believe .

one of the reason taiwan can not do as good as japan is because , taiwaner set the standards for themselfs is too low , while japanese standards is higher , so from the appreance , japanese can making better or prettier things , or in many ways seem superior , it is just matter of wether you can retrain urself from going mediocry , you set urself a highstandards and refuse backing down on mediocrity , ugly, uncouth unrefined things ,if you can make that happend . you will gradually catching up .

imitate other from skin-deep level will not help you .

set your self a higher goal , restarin urself with highstandards , if you dont know the how high is the high standards you better know more about the higherst achivement in this world , then chartise urself to become better reaching higher by refusing backing down on mediocrity .

then you catch up , perhaps you will achieive something similar with japan or US or others .
InitialDJay
QUOTE (pintara @ Jan 27 2010, 12:29 PM) *
but what about the civilisation level , on a par with japan ? i dont think so .

civilisation level? rotflmao.gif

is this a new form of measurement that i haven't know of?
chiuchimu
QUOTE (naengmyun @ Jan 26 2010, 11:33 PM) *

The world would prefer it if we colonized Korea. Oh! this statement wsn't funny to you?
will.....too bad! embarassedlaugh.gif
emac
There is a TV shows in mainland china called "Watch Taiwan". This TV show, introduces Taiwan pop culture, fashion, clothings, music, Taiwan dance clubs, and night markets.
There is another TV show in China that replays American military weapons in combat. It plays many GPS guided missles taking out targets.
China worship other countries too. Quite a bit if you ask me. And so is American favorite video is also another big hit. , and Western models are paid the highest over local Chinese models in China.
emac
QUOTE (tigeryoung @ Jan 27 2010, 08:29 AM) *
There is a logical mistake some guys made here .Taiwan is NOT a country, but part of China , officially acknowledged by almost all countries in the world including USA and Japan, even though some ill disposed people wanna take advantage of this misleading fact.
If we take a look at the dog fighting by men and women in the parliament in Taiwan , we can never expect it is civilized . Taiwan falls into the democratic trap set by USA of fighting for what is a fight and opposing for what is an objection . That is why it wasted at least 10 years of development and is not being overtaken by Guangdong whose GDP is among the 20 biggest in the world and still on the rise at unparalleld speed.

Japan is advanced in some way we have to admit, because USA invested lots of money in there after the war and took the defence for himself as to put it in the controlled jar for fear it might threaten USA again like bombing the pearl harbor during ww2.
But Japan can not win a real respect from the world as it is two small a country to fight its rivals. Say, Russia is though weaker in economy than Japan, but has far more influence than the latter around the world for it has nuke and resources which Japan dreams to have in its small island. So all the innate drawbacks limits its potential status in the world, let alone Taiwan, far more smaller island with even less GDP than Guangdong .

Taiwan is ALREADY a country. This is a documented fact. They have all their military weapons pointed at you. With an office of the presidency, congress, and military branch. They make indepedent decisions. What part of this don't you understand?
If you look at the warlords of beijing who is taking 1.3 billion political hostages in China. You know their political system is from the dark middle ages of 1200 B.C. I have been to Guangzhou many times. There are so many poor people living in the suberbs and shady old buildings, making less than 100 dollars a month. And you see some tall new UN-occupied building owned by rich CCP officials. What can you expect from a terrorist warlord state.?
pintara
QUOTE (InitialDJay @ Jan 28 2010, 11:58 PM) *
civilisation level? rotflmao.gif

is this a new form of measurement that i haven't know of?

why is this hard to understand ? civioisation level , ranging from openess of the society , social development , art and ulture affair , science and tech , military ? economical development

the overall estimation of those aspect , can you sincerly say taiwan had catching up with japan now???
emac
QUOTE (pintara @ Jan 29 2010, 02:28 AM) *
why is this hard to understand ? civioisation level , ranging from openess of the society , social development , art and ulture affair , science and tech , military ? economical development

the overall estimation of those aspect , can you sincerly say taiwan had catching up with japan now???

Taiwan is not trying to catch up to anyone.
Taiwan is more advanced than Japan.
Taiwan technology, pop culture are all superior to japan.
Japanese tech is behind HK and japanese pop culture is far behind S korea. Many japanese visit S korea, because many films , soap operas are all made in South Korea.
If any of you have been to Asia. You would know this.

I don't why some of you continously compare things with japan. Japan is just another asian country. Nothing more.
If you still have an inferority complex of the japanese, because of WWII. Then, you are lost in the 1950's era. I can't help you.
tigeryoung
QUOTE (emac @ Jan 29 2010, 11:30 PM) *
Taiwan is not trying to catch up to anyone.
Taiwan is more advanced than Japan.
Taiwan technology, pop culture are all superior to japan.
Japanese tech is behind HK and japanese pop culture is far behind S korea. Many japanese visit S korea, because many films , soap operas are all made in South Korea.
If any of you have been to Asia. You would know this.

I don't why some of you continously compare things with japan. Japan is just another asian country. Nothing more.
If you still have an inferority complex of the japanese, because of WWII. Then, you are lost in the 1950's era. I can't help you.

I am not sure if you are from Taiwan . If so, the words are justifiable as the dog fighting in Taiwan's parliament.
Taiwan's economy is even smaller than that of Jiangsu, Shandong provinces ,let alone Guangdong. It makes no sense to compare Taiwan with Japan economically , now the 3rd largest power as opposed to Taiwan's 26th in 2008 around the globe.
The main reason why Japan has been taking the lead as a small island is that it high tech is more advanced than that of most countries including Taiwan, and mainland China.
Pop culture is prevalent in Taiwan with much attention paid to sex in the talk show. very funny. But people may like it to kill the time.
Without the gangster fight , dark manipulation and chaotic demonstrations , Taiwan should have been of better economy people would be envying , but don't now.
emac
QUOTE (tigeryoung @ Jan 30 2010, 12:46 AM) *
I am not sure if you are from Taiwan . If so, the words are justifiable as the dog fighting in Taiwan's parliament.
Taiwan's economy is even smaller than that of Jiangsu, Shandong provinces ,let alone Guangdong. It makes no sense to compare Taiwan with Japan economically , now the 3rd largest power as opposed to Taiwan's 26th in 2008 around the globe.
The main reason why Japan has been taking the lead as a small island is that it high tech is more advanced than that of most countries including Taiwan, and mainland China.
Pop culture is prevalent in Taiwan with much attention paid to sex in the talk show. very funny. But people may like it to kill the time.
Without the gangster fight , dark manipulation and chaotic demonstrations , Taiwan should have been of better economy people would be envying , but don't now.

Beijing congress fights as well, except that camers are not allowed. So, does S korea, japan when they decided to send troops to Iraq. And the current phillippino political parties where 46 political parties where murdered during recent elections. As well as in Mexico drug lords, government officials are killing each other by the thousands each month.
What is your point??

Compare Guangzhou GDP to finland, Jiangsu GDP to panama, Shangdong GDP to Indonesia. What is your point??
If you ever been to China. You know that the regular folks make 100 dollars equilvant per month, a taxi ride is 8 RMB, a bowl of noodle is 10 RMB. Very cheap. 1.3 billion live poorly, while ccp warlords live richly. The common people in china can't afford those nice new EMPTY build homes. Mainlanders are victims of the ccp's warlord manpulations.

I have told you many times. Move back to china yourself. practice what you preach. Don't try to put other countries down, that is a cheap shot. And a very cowardly shot to take at anyone else. Don't cowardly support the CCP from 6000 miles away.

Don't use the word Taiwan in your posts. Everyone in Taiwan has pointed their middle finger at you. Taiwan does not exist for you. Taiwan don't recognize you as a human, but rather a rabid dog barking nonsense.
InitialDJay
QUOTE (pintara @ Jan 29 2010, 02:28 PM) *

there is NO such concept as civilization level. i'm not joking with you.

as far as comparing to Japan. c'com, are you seriously playing dumb? taiwan is about the size of kyushu, an island located to the very end of japan.

japan is the first country to modernize in Asia and has a history of an official government for over 2,000 years. taiwan is literally a baby state. an island without a formal government until 1950s. or if you consider KMT as a foreign govt, then 2000s may be the first time taiwan is ruled by local people.

as far as economic development...dude, taiwan is a developed country with a nominal GDP of about 16k, BUT a purchasing power equivalent of japan. why?? because taiwan is sitting on the 4th largest forex reserve in the world. price stability can be manipulated by the govt, thus living standard is high despite having an average to low nominal GDP on global developed country standard.

as far as science/tech, taiwan is a technological power. most semiconductor chips and high-tech manufacturing production are assembled in taiwan. in fact, most electronic exhibition shows are hosted by taiwan.

and social development.... um taiwan has a very high rate of engineering graduate and literacy rate. as a matter of fact, oversea taiwanese are pretty successful, some have revolutionized the software industry (3 of x Microsoft scientists are taiwanese), and graphical interface (Nvidia), and streaming online (youtube), and search engine (yahoo!) are all co-inventing or self-marketing by a taiwanese.

taiwanese youth won physics and math contests almost every years, with a high degree of 100% score. also, myself, is going to be a physicist someday too. we're not that inferior to japanese.. please!.

anyway, japan is in a different league because of its size and modernization advantage.
tigeryoung
QUOTE (emac @ Jan 30 2010, 01:02 AM) *
Beijing congress fights as well, except that camers are not allowed. So, does S korea, japan when they decided to send troops to Iraq. And the current phillippino political parties where 46 political parties where murdered during recent elections. As well as in Mexico drug lords, government officials are killing each other by the thousands each month.
What is your point??

Compare Guangzhou GDP to finland, Jiangsu GDP to panama, Shangdong GDP to Indonesia. What is your point??
If you ever been to China. You know that the regular folks make 100 dollars equilvant per month, a taxi ride is 8 RMB, a bowl of noodle is 10 RMB. Very cheap. 1.3 billion live poorly, while ccp warlords live richly. The common people in china can't afford those nice new EMPTY build homes. Mainlanders are victims of the ccp's warlord manpulations.

I have told you many times. Move back to china yourself. practice what you preach. Don't try to put other countries down, that is a cheap shot. And a very cowardly shot to take at anyone else. Don't cowardly support the CCP from 6000 miles away.

Don't use the word Taiwan in your posts. Everyone in Taiwan has pointed their middle finger at you. Taiwan does not exist for you. Taiwan don't recognize you as a human, but rather a rabid dog barking nonsense.

Wow, vivid remarks you have made, we can see how civilized a Taiwanese is as they claimed by talking bull$hit.
Do you know why Taiwan's economy is deteriorating year by year while Jiangsu, Shandong, Guangdong provinces could overtake Taiwan in Gdp? The dog fight is for opposition sake not for constructive resolution. So the world did not see the once one of the 4 Asian tigers .
It is pathetic that Taiwanese becomes the real victim of American's democracy, thought it is not as worse as in Iraq .
I hate to point out the fact which hurts Taiwanese who are losing pride and dignity in the competition with even a province in China. But still I wish Taiwan could improve for the better, not the opposite. Only if people from Taiwan listen to the outsiders from a second country, should they save themselves before standing up as powerful economy, but not a country which never becomes a fact as mainland is on the rise no matter how some Taiwanese want to.
pintara
QUOTE (InitialDJay @ Jan 30 2010, 01:16 AM) *
there is NO such concept as civilization level. i'm not joking with you.

as far as comparing to Japan. c'com, are you seriously playing dumb? taiwan is about the size of kyushu, an island located to the very end of japan.

japan is the first country to modernize in Asia and has a history of an official government for over 2,000 years. taiwan is literally a baby state. an island without a formal government until 1950s. or if you consider KMT as a foreign govt, then 2000s may be the first time taiwan is ruled by local people.

as far as economic development...dude, taiwan is a developed country with a nominal GDP of about 16k, BUT a purchasing power equivalent of japan. why?? because taiwan is sitting on the 4th largest forex reserve in the world. price stability can be manipulated by the govt, thus living standard is high despite having an average to low nominal GDP on global developed country standard.

as far as science/tech, taiwan is a technological power. most semiconductor chips and high-tech manufacturing production are assembled in taiwan. in fact, most electronic exhibition shows are hosted by taiwan.

and social development.... um taiwan has a very high rate of engineering graduate and literacy rate. as a matter of fact, oversea taiwanese are pretty successful, some have revolutionized the software industry (3 of x Microsoft scientists are taiwanese), and graphical interface (Nvidia), and streaming online (youtube), and search engine (yahoo!) are all co-inventing or self-marketing by a taiwanese.

taiwanese youth won physics and math contests almost every years, with a high degree of 100% score. also, myself, is going to be a physicist someday too. we're not that inferior to japanese.. please!.

anyway, japan is in a different league because of its size and modernization advantage.

ever heard about size doesnt matter , spirit matters , japan is smaller than many big country yet still climbed into 2nd best , how you explain that . ??

weaker vessel always find excuses while strong vessel looking for reason why my behind
tigeryoung
QUOTE (pintara @ Jan 30 2010, 06:05 AM) *
ever heard about size doesnt matter , spirit matters , japan is smaller than many big country yet still climbed into 2nd best , how you explain that . ??

weaker vessel always find excuses while strong vessel looking for reason why my behind

Japan stepped back to the 3rd while struggling in the recession and China takes the seat of 2nd,on the booming rise.
Yes you are right size doesn't matter ,especially in the short term, easier to tackle problems which is why Japan enjoyed dramatic improvement after World War 2 under the US financial assistance ,
however, it does make a totally huge difference in the long run. Say, Japan though much stronger in economy than Russia, does not enjoy the same respect and influence in the world for it is too small with no resources, no extending territory and limited population.
You may know Singapore was once scorned by Taiwan as nose$hit-sized country ,though it is stronger than the latter and plus Singapore was put on the list of black money manipulating area whereas Hongkong was not due to China's president objection at the summit ,even after French president's unremitting insistence to do so.
It is a game of power by big countries and small ones are not allowed to get involved. Only powerful and big countries are the judge to fashion rules small ones much obey.
But that is the real reflection of the world no matter how unfair it looks like.
In the next decades, the top strong economies are China, USA, India, all of whom are big measured in population, territory, resources, military and tech.
InitialDJay
QUOTE (pintara @ Jan 30 2010, 07:05 PM) *

don't play dumb with me.
emac
QUOTE (tigeryoung @ Jan 30 2010, 01:18 AM) *
Wow, vivid remarks you have made, we can see how civilized a Taiwanese is as they claimed by talking bull$hit.
Do you know why Taiwan's economy is deteriorating year by year while Jiangsu, Shandong, Guangdong provinces could overtake Taiwan in Gdp? The dog fight is for opposition sake not for constructive resolution. So the world did not see the once one of the 4 Asian tigers .
It is pathetic that Taiwanese becomes the real victim of American's democracy, thought it is not as worse as in Iraq .
I hate to point out the fact which hurts Taiwanese who are losing pride and dignity in the competition with even a province in China. But still I wish Taiwan could improve for the better, not the opposite. Only if people from Taiwan listen to the outsiders from a second country, should they save themselves before standing up as powerful economy, but not a country which never becomes a fact as mainland is on the rise no matter how some Taiwanese want to.

Rich or poor, Taiwan does not matter you. This country does not recognize you what so ever. You have a mind of a serial stalker. What part of the word "NO" don't you understand? You continously talk about Taiwan in your posts.
When someone says "No". That means, "No way in hell". They want NOthing to do with you.
Why don't you check your self into a mental hospital. You are obcessed with Taiwan. You need to see a psycharist! YOu need electro shock therapy to get Taiwan out of your obcessive mind. YOu are one of the sickest person, I have ever came across.

If ever get the money to travel to china, and get out of your parent's basement. YOu will see so many unfortunate working class in juangsu, shangdong, guangdong proviences who can't even afford to buy a house. They live on 3 US dollars a day. all products are very cheap to buy. 1 dollar for a taxi ride. 1 dollar for a bowl of noodles.
while rich CCP officials own everythying, and invest all their money in foreign countries like USA and Europe.
Who the hell are you kidding?! chinese in china can't help you in your political objectives.

Why don't you be a man about this. Move back to china, and protest against the CCP to give the mainlanders the GOD given right to vote. YOur efforts will be more productive. DEstroy your US passport and citizenship. Practice what you preach. You can live in Guangzhou, Jiangsu, and shangdong , your 3 favorite cities. You can support china , right in china.
And cowardly supporting ccp from 6000 miles away. That is sooooooooooo cowardly.
Be right there where the action is. In china.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.