Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the real reason why US is in Afghanistan?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Chinese Chat > Chinese Serious Talk
elite3
We all know by now that historians will look upon the Iraq and Afghanistan wars with a strategic goal in mind.

We all know by now that the Iraq war was motivated by US desire to keep the US dollar the main reserve currency by pressuring OPEC to use the dollar as the standard for oil transactions. Since everyone needs oil, everyone builds up US dollar reserves, which allows US to keep printing money, to finance their outrageous spending budgets. Iraq, with it's 2nd largest proven oil reserves after SA, threatened to dump US Dollars for Euros, which would have seriously undermined US economic dominance in the oil trade.

Why is the Afghanistan war fought?

Geopolitically, it makes sense to establish a permanent strategic military presence in order to ensure US presence in Central Asia.

Why is Central Asia important? Because the Shanghai alliance between Russia-China hindges on influence in the region.

Don't know what the Shanghai alliance is? Google SCO.
-----

-----

My personal thoughts and feelings: The potential Russia-China SCO alliance poses a much bigger threat than Afghanistan training base for "little-bitty-itty" terrorist attacks. US wants to be a major player in Central Asia, and wants a permanent foothold in Asia in general in order to counteract the potential Russia-China influence in Central aSia.

If Iraq/Afghanistan war persist, the US will spend $3 trillion dollars combined for each of the two wars. We must ask ourselves, Is the threat of WMDs and rag-tag-bandits living in caves in Afghanistan, worth $3 trillion dollars (20% of US GDP)?

There has to be a strategic motive involving Geopolitical incentives...

Conclusion: Afghanistan war is anti-China in nature... seeking to contain and stem China's broadening influence with Russia over the plains of Central Asia. See it as a preemptive first move (A queen takes over the pawn in preparation for a checkmate on Russia/China's doorstep)...
gracelaw
QUOTE (elite3 @ May 12 2010, 10:41 PM) *
We all know by now that historians will look upon the Iraq and Afghanistan wars with a strategic goal in mind.

We all know by now that the Iraq war was motivated by US desire to keep the US dollar the main reserve currency by pressuring OPEC to use the dollar as the standard for oil transactions. Since everyone needs oil, everyone builds up US dollar reserves, which allows US to keep printing money, to finance their outrageous spending budgets. Iraq, with it's 2nd largest proven oil reserves after SA, threatened to dump US Dollars for Euros, which would have seriously undermined US economic dominance in the oil trade.

Why is the Afghanistan war fought?

Geopolitically, it makes sense to establish a permanent strategic military presence in order to ensure US presence in Central Asia.

Why is Central Asia important? Because the Shanghai alliance between Russia-China hindges on influence in the region.

Don't know what the Shanghai alliance is? Google SCO.
-----

-----

My personal thoughts and feelings: The potential Russia-China SCO alliance poses a much bigger threat than Afghanistan training base for "little-bitty-itty" terrorist attacks. US wants to be a major player in Central Asia, and wants a permanent foothold in Asia in general in order to counteract the potential Russia-China influence in Central aSia.

If Iraq/Afghanistan war persist, the US will spend $3 trillion dollars combined for each of the two wars. We must ask ourselves, Is the threat of WMDs and rag-tag-bandits living in caves in Afghanistan, worth $3 trillion dollars (20% of US GDP)?

There has to be a strategic motive involving Geopolitical incentives...

Conclusion: Afghanistan war is anti-China in nature... seeking to contain and stem China's broadening influence with Russia over the plains of Central Asia. See it as a preemptive first move (A queen takes over the pawn in preparation for a checkmate on Russia/China's doorstep)...

That was very insightful, and I especially agree with your assessment of "Geopolitically, it makes sense to establish a permanent strategic military presence in order to ensure US presence in Central Asia." That was my exact thought but the US media of course does not mention it, at least I was not aware of it. Since I am a Chinese American, and knowing the "white" attitude (based mostly upon Christianity and/or Western Philosophy), I truly believe the Western (mostly the White culture) is now afraid of losing their dominance OVER everyone in the world. I know that China is definitely on watch, and you should hear some of us, other Americans, talk about how China will never get it together, a BIG HOT MESS of ignorance, insecurity, and arrogance. I myself reserve my judgment as to what is going to happen in China.
elleX0
QUOTE (gracelaw @ Jun 5 2011, 02:39 AM) *
That was very insightful, and I especially agree with your assessment of "Geopolitically, it makes sense to establish a permanent strategic military presence in order to ensure US presence in Central Asia." That was my exact thought but the US media of course does not mention it, at least I was not aware of it. Since I am a Chinese American, and knowing the "white" attitude (based mostly upon Christianity and/or Western Philosophy), I truly believe the Western (mostly the White culture) is now afraid of losing their dominance OVER everyone in the world. I know that China is definitely on watch, and you should hear some of us, other Americans, talk about how China will never get it together, a BIG HOT MESS of ignorance, insecurity, and arrogance. I myself reserve my judgment as to what is going to happen in China.

Despite all America claims of being multi-racial, Americans have been kept racially intolerant and prejudiced by the politicians and the media, and the reason for that is to try to keep the country united with a common fear and hate.
Suijen
Because the US leadership is dumb as $hit. You kick out the Taliban, but you set up a corrupt and impotent pro-US government, only to leave 10 years later, leaving that pathetic government to deal with and eventually be kicked out by the same Taliban you removed 10 years ago.
Sehtoos
The reason is the opium/heroin production that was stopped when the Taliban took over.

A trillion dollar war just to kill one guy that the U.S. already knew was hiding in another country? The U.S. was worried about the local politics? No. It was for the heroin.

Go ahead and hate the U.S. Government about this. Most of the U.S. population hates them too.
YourMuDoIsWeak
QUOTE (Suijen @ Jun 11 2011, 02:14 AM) *
Because the US leadership is dumb as $hit. You kick out the Taliban, but you set up a corrupt and impotent pro-US government, only to leave 10 years later, leaving that pathetic government to deal with and eventually be kicked out by the same Taliban you removed 10 years ago.

Obama aint the best CoC.
Plus I doubt we will ever fully leave Afghanistan. 20 bucks says were going to place a combat brigade their like how we have the 2nd ID in Korea, 173rd in Italy and if I remember correctly the 170th in Germany.

Also it goes far deeper than what you stated. Afghanistan as a whole does not posses a national identity it is based upon a tribal identity. Tribes whose warriors have fought one another for centuries. That is the major problem facing Afghanistan.
Southasianguy
QUOTE (Suijen @ Jun 11 2011, 02:14 AM) *

This is one thing, but another thing is OIL and Heroin production!

Everyone knows that US is the paradise for potheads!

I have to say USA is the most evil country that ever existed - the country itself was made by stealing the Natives' land.

QUOTE (elleX0 @ Jun 8 2011, 02:25 AM) *
Despite all America claims of being multi-racial, Americans have been kept racially intolerant and prejudiced by the politicians and the media, and the reason for that is to try to keep the country united with a common fear and hate.

Exactly no matter even if you have been citizens here for centuries, they will see u as a stranger.

So all of americans bragging about being multi-racial doesn't mean crap and is just a cover up for their hypocrisy. All the major politicians are a westerner/caucasion, also all the big corporations are also Jew/Caucasion owned as well.
SillyHen
I do not agree with opinion as if US do all for the sake of money. They already have money, and they spend money for this activity. I think, their objective - unification of cultures, liquidation of alternative values and purposes, creation of standard rules and uniform world order. It is not pleasant to me, as it will narrow outlook and limit people. There cannot be universal boons and true values; and all diverse reasonings are fraud. Only selfish justifications are suitable (however, it is grand universal rule).
Sampanviking
If you want to understand the leadership of the US, simply think of them as the worlds largest, most powerful and successful narcotics gangsters and then look where they go in the world and how they behave, both abroad and at home.

Afghanistan is a major Opium production zone, but by the end of the last century, the Taliban had seriously reduced the supply. Now, despite the worlds policeman and his overwhelming firepower being on the ground, output is back to; if not surpassing, pre Taliban levels.

Do you think that this is in-spite of, or because of, the US presence?
KraterosHellas
hahaha according to wiki US actually applied to join SCO but was rejected. retards that they are to even try embarassedlaugh.gif
AfricanChinese
I have to say USA is the most evil country that ever existed - the country itself was made by stealing the Natives' land.

So you hate Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan, and basically every other nation on the face of the earth?

I'm no big fan of the US, but you realize that the original inhabitants of Taiwan, Vietnam, South China, were all negroid people, like still live in Papa New Guinea. Nigeria, where I am from, was occupied by totally different tribes who were over run. South Africa was occupied by lighter skin people before they were over run by blacks from the jungles. The only land that hasn't been "stolen" from someone was maybe Iceland, which was unoccupied when Europeans arrived.

And unlike the negroid peoples of Australia and South East Asia who were wiped out by the invaders, to NO LONGER EXIST, Native Americans actually had the luck to last into modern times where people have some minimal respect for native rights so they get to preserve their culture and language.

http://stewartsynopsis.com/Synopsis%206.htm

MAYBE, MAYBE, the central Han areas (around the area occupied by the three kingdoms) were empty when the Han came, probably they were not. Everywhere on the earth that has been studied long enough was occupied by someone else before the current residents came. The point is that people now respect the rights of any remaining people who arrived before them.
Yerroperil
The natives in Taiwan are not Negroids they came from Southern China and have some relation with the Bai yue...
NigerianPride
QUOTE (Yerroperil @ Aug 21 2011, 11:46 PM) *
The natives in Taiwan are not Negroids they came from Southern China and have some relation with the Bai yue...

All humans came from Africa. The point is they didn't want to be settled by mainland Chinese but Han Chinese, with a different language and culture, repeatedly came and overthrew them. Now they are a small minority in "their" land, but guess what, they identify themselves by and large as Chinese today and don't want the Han to leave, just like natives in the US.
Yerroperil
What are you talking about the Han Chinese in Southern China are as Chinese as the Han Chinese in the north, all humans come from Africa so we can claim Africa as our land? Some Taiwanese are of both ancestry are you telling them to leave,some natives still hate Han Chinese and vice versa...
npr
QUOTE (Yerroperil @ Aug 23 2011, 02:06 AM) *
What are you talking about the Han Chinese in Southern China are as Chinese as the Han Chinese in the north, all humans come from Africa so we can claim Africa as our land? Some Taiwanese are of both ancestry are you telling them to leave,some natives still hate Han Chinese and vice versa...

Well, according to Devil666, we could all claim Africa as our land, he subscribes to some racial continent of origin based theory on who should "own" what and ignores what the modern people want. My point is that people in Taiwan, regardless of history, view themselves as Chinese in a majority, they don't want any big group of people to leave Taiwan any more than native Americans!!

Also good point about some Taiwanese being part han Chinese, same again with regards to Americans many of whom are part native.
chutzpah
QUOTE (Yerroperil @ Aug 23 2011, 03:06 AM) *

Actually there is no such a thing as native Taiwanese or a Formosan. Those aboriginals originated from the Philippines a few hundred years ago, they have since inter-married with the Hans. At least that is how I understand it. While some scientists believe the homosapien originated from African continent, there are those who also believe that there were other sources one of which is China, the Peking man, whose remains discovered in the 19th C, are now lost forever.
tsirk
With all the US bashing.. somehow I keep singing the song in my head....AMERICA F*ck YEAH!!

haters are going to hate.
port19
Afghanistan sit in between many great empire. The Soviets, Chinese, Indians, Iranians and so forth. These are great power at any time in their histories and still is today.

So the Afghans, are battle hardened. They know war, and they know how to shoot.

Soviet wanted Afghan because they can reach the "warmer" water down south to connect to their empire. US supply the Afghan resistance during Soviet rule, hence Osama was somewhat "born" during that period. The stinger missile down a lot of Soviet air superiority.

US wanted to place a "strategic" position there to monitor all those empire. So call outpost. I wonder whether Russia does a tit for tat...supply some rocket launcer system to down US air superiority. Sometimes you wonder about those "lucky" shot that down those navy seals heli. Is it really a "lucky" shot? Perhaps some anti heli system in Talibans hand and the CIA & Military have to "keep" quiet about...
elleX0
QUOTE (port19 @ Oct 6 2011, 01:26 AM) *
Afghanistan sit in between many great empire. The Soviets, Chinese, Indians, Iranians and so forth. These are great power at any time in their histories and still is today.

So the Afghans, are battle hardened. They know war, and they know how to shoot.

Soviet wanted Afghan because they can reach the "warmer" water down south to connect to their empire. US supply the Afghan resistance during Soviet rule, hence Osama was somewhat "born" during that period. The stinger missile down a lot of Soviet air superiority.

US wanted to place a "strategic" position there to monitor all those empire. So call outpost. I wonder whether Russia does a tit for tat...supply some rocket launcer system to down US air superiority. Sometimes you wonder about those "lucky" shot that down those navy seals heli. Is it really a "lucky" shot? Perhaps some anti heli system in Talibans hand and the CIA & Military have to "keep" quiet about...

You are reading too many James Bond Novels.
Hugham
The reason why USSR in Afghanistan was because of Muslims terrorists.

port19 too much reading western propaganda that said USSR want more land.
port19
QUOTE (Hugham @ Oct 6 2011, 04:45 AM) *

Yes, the Muslims "terrorists" that US supported at one time. Osama Bin Laden...financed, equip and given moral support by US.

You cannot hope to create monster and control them.

"Terrorists" is just a convenient label for groups that don't agree with you.

Even John Rambo supported Afghan terrorist! It would be funny, if John Rambo now work with the Russian to fight the Afghans....

QUOTE (Hugham @ Oct 6 2011, 04:45 AM) *

USSR doesn't want land, they want to connect to the economic activites down their southern hemisphere and tap the oil source as well. It is all geopolitic strategic. You should not miss the forest for the trees my dear.

Saif
Same reason why Soviets were in Afghanistan, for the 1-3 trillion dollars worth of minerals.
zerohunt
QUOTE (Hugham @ Oct 6 2011, 05:45 AM) *

only one i can agree with,

religious conflict with islamic world will be main conflict in this century, look at kashmir, afghanistan, iraq, south thailand, indonesia (timour)
evrywhere clashes between muslims and non muslims,

when the failed state of pakistan, will lose a nuke, then the world gets really fu-ked up and will change its face forever what we cannot imagine
elleX0
QUOTE (zerohunt @ Dec 28 2011, 09:32 AM) *
only one i can agree with,

religious conflict with islamic world will be main conflict in this century, look at kashmir, afghanistan, iraq, south thailand, indonesia (timour)
evrywhere clashes between muslims and non muslims,

when the failed state of pakistan, will lose a nuke, then the world gets really fu-ked up and will change its face forever what we cannot imagine

It can only happen when the ordinary man realises the threats he really faces for himself and his family. That is why honest information is so important to contradict the Taqiyya that is being fed to the ignorant
shapingo
QUOTE (AfricanChinese @ Aug 21 2011, 08:56 PM) *
So you hate Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan, and basically every other nation on the face of the earth?

I'm no big fan of the US, but you realize that the original inhabitants of Taiwan, Vietnam, South China, were all negroid people, like still live in Papa New Guinea. Nigeria, where I am from, was occupied by totally different tribes who were over run. South Africa was occupied by lighter skin people before they were over run by blacks from the jungles. The only land that hasn't been "stolen" from someone was maybe Iceland, which was unoccupied when Europeans arrived.

And unlike the negroid peoples of Australia and South East Asia who were wiped out by the invaders, to NO LONGER EXIST, Native Americans actually had the luck to last into modern times where people have some minimal respect for native rights so they get to preserve their culture and language.

http://stewartsynopsis.com/Synopsis%206.htm

MAYBE, MAYBE, the central Han areas (around the area occupied by the three kingdoms) were empty when the Han came, probably they were not. Everywhere on the earth that has been studied long enough was occupied by someone else before the current residents came. The point is that people now respect the rights of any remaining people who arrived before them.

White people are the original people of south Africa now!?! LOL all those Dutch and English! Stupidest $hit I've read in a while. I guess the English prisoners in Australia are the original people as well.
There are some Natives still left in Iceland. Where do you get your info? Stormfront? Mods should ban some of these trolls based on stupidity alone, what a fu-king retard.
port19
US is trying to leave Afghanistan now. They cannot exit and wanted to create "condition" for graceful exit. If you read the headlines nowadays, they are talking about trying to talk to the Taliban heads. Trying to create a "peaceful" and pro US taliban office in one of their allies state Qatar. So, the signal been sent out to try get these hydra talibans into table talk. It is very difficult, since US is in this quagmire for almost 10 years now. Sapping their money, strength and influence in regions. No matter how many spy, drone plane they trying to shoot those pastunanies....they keep on coming with their ever trusted Ak47. Very difficult to tame Afghans. The Russian has learn a painful lesson and I guess US is learning now.

elleX0
QUOTE (port19 @ Jan 25 2012, 03:47 PM) *
US is trying to leave Afghanistan now. They cannot exit and wanted to create "condition" for graceful exit. If you read the headlines nowadays, they are talking about trying to talk to the Taliban heads. Trying to create a "peaceful" and pro US taliban office in one of their allies state Qatar. So, the signal been sent out to try get these hydra talibans into table talk. It is very difficult, since US is in this quagmire for almost 10 years now. Sapping their money, strength and influence in regions. No matter how many spy, drone plane they trying to shoot those pastunanies....they keep on coming with their ever trusted Ak47. Very difficult to tame Afghans. The Russian has learn a painful lesson and I guess US is learning now.

port19, what do you think is the driving force behind the Taliban? When you know that maybe you may have the solution.
Pazqoa
Ten Uk Ugg Boots Cheap
<a href="http://ukuggsboots.judisessions.com"><b>Ugg Uk</b></a> Attorney Actually purchase Ugg Boots <a href="http://www.takboot.com"><b>www.takboot.com</b></a> To<a
href="http://www.bootouts.com"><b>Uggs Boots</b></a> X-mas

The reason why
mebootss.com Uggs Help Smart The holidays Uggs For CheapUggs On Sale around that time of the season more after shopping malls, companies, treesUgg Boots Uk perhaps even users, end up getting emblazoned with regard to ured, renewable and as a consequence white wine, as well users of the world browse customer's joy to find 13 moments.
On the flip side joyous but joyous the growing season, one of the vital tricky reasons for having Holiday is normally ideal introduces. Really I got caused it to be easy for you / get hold of everyone you're sure of only two ugg boot. Remember that this one particular, they'll be thanking you and your family surely last actually secondly Christmas holiday. It really is significant no-brainer. Regardless, should you require a bit of begging, the following are the very best 11 reasons ugg boot are the most effective treats Girls Ugg Boots Ugg For Men http://www.bvboots.com acquire this one Party.Father christmas would wear uggs (despite an individual's are actually offered a romantic series inflamed indicates you fully understand he'll almost certainly have a in stock for every person.

http://ukuggsboots.judisessions.com/women-...-sand-p-66.html
http://ukuggsboots.judisessions.com/mini-u...-sand-p-48.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.