Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horse and buffalo sacrifice
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Indonesian Chat
maly33
Hi

Did you tape the video footage of Horse or Buffalo sacrifice?
I am looking for complete video footage of it

Contact me by the private message or by my e-mail: maly33@post{nospam}.cz -remove {nospam}

Tom
tangawizi
I hv my footage of horse sacrifice during a funeral in Sumba island. A mare and her foal in fact. Really sad stuff though. They dug out the mare's heart...
Austronesian
QUOTE (tangawizi @ Jun 6 2010, 10:59 AM) *
I hv my footage of horse sacrifice during a funeral in Sumba island. A mare and her foal in fact. Really sad stuff though. They dug out the mare's heart...

how could u kill a baby horse eek.gif thats just evil

I thought indonesians were muslim....u guys still do animal sacrifices??
maly33
QUOTE (tangawizi @ Jun 6 2010, 04:59 PM) *

May you try to send it to me, please?
Here is the upload form: http://gstavka.cz/upload.htm
the passw is contractions
tangawizi
Err? what would u do with my footage?
maly33
I am member of the university team and we do some research of the nerves for both human and vet medicine.

Because we don't want to kill the healthly animals for our research, we collect videos, where animals are killed for other reasons such as food.

We are interesting about the clonic convulsions. The rythmical movements or shakes of larger muscles in legs. And they're better observable on larger muscular animals such as buffalos horses of course.

They are controlled by the spine, not by the brain. Many people think, that the animal kicks in the pain. But these convulsions are sign, that the brain is turned off and the spine takes the control over the body. The brain is suppressing these spinal reflexes. When you'll touch the hot heather, the spinal reflex will move your hand away much before you'll feel it's hot. But the brain will stop it then. With brain not working anymore, the animal starts to kick when touched but the reflex works again and again until it wlll decay.

So, I will use it for the scientific observation...
tangawizi
my brother has the footage, he filmed when we were backpacking in Sumba.. i asked if he still had it he said he'll hv to dig for it... sorry... if i remember well the horses were quite far to actually see the muscular convulsions..

why dont u just go to the abbatoir downtown and see how they convulse? why must u observe ceremonial sacrifice? for all i know, u could be a sadist wanting to watch snuff movies with animals... icon_rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.