QUOTE (erschler @ Jul 25 2010, 01:33 AM)
I am a Russian linguist working in Moscow. For my current research project, I need a few sentences in Khmer. I wonder whether anybody here would care to translate these sentences from English.
That would enormously help me in my research.
Here go the sentences:
1. I have been reading this book for two days, but haven't finished it.
2. I read this book in two days.
3. The baby slept for three hours.
4. The hunter killed two ducks in three hours.
Thanks a lot, Best, David
Greetings to you, David. I have a major issue in downloading the Khmer font to type in. There are others who can translate and write in Khmer script for you. I wish they would read your thread. It is best to repost your request in the most active frequently visited Khmer chat forum instead. You get more bang for your buck that way. However, I am using the English phonics to write Khmer translation for you.
1. I have been reading this book for two days, but haven't finished it. (=Kyom barn arn seev-puv nis oss pee tngite heuy, tae nuv min ton chob teat.)
2. I read this book in two days. (=Kyom arn seev-puv niss (chob =finished) knoang royeah pale pee tngite.)
3. The baby slept for three hours. (=Koan ngar (tear-ruok) dake barn bey moang.)
4. The hunter killed two ducks in three hours. (=prean barn som-lab tear pee kbarl knong royeah pale bey moang.)
As with other speakers of any languages, there is always a slight variation to any sentences. For example, consider. Nice to meet you. vs [It's] nice to meet you.