Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is short height or obesity more of a turn-off for women?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Love / Relationship
Pages: 1, 2, 3
PeterKChan
Imagine a very short (under 5'6), very obese (over 200 lbs.) Asian guy! That is already 3 strikes in the dating game. Really, most girls I talk to say height is the most important factor for them. They sometimes will not even look at a guy who is facially attractive if he is near or under the 5'6 range
redhorse
QUOTE (PeterKChan @ Jan 21 2011, 11:58 AM) *
Imagine a very short (under 5'6), very obese (over 200 lbs.) Asian guy! That is already 3 strikes in the dating game. Really, most girls I talk to say height is the most important factor for them. They sometimes will not even look at a guy who is facially attractive if he is near or under the 5'6 range

This will probably caused a stir but sadly, in the western world of 'first impression' this is usually very important to a lot of girls. Obesity on the other hand is something you can control. But first impression is not the only way to get into a girls pants fortunately! Guys who are normally confident (not arrogant), assertive, approachable and some form of social skills get girls, regardless if they're not the 'accepted' physical specimen.
GentleWind
QUOTE (PeterKChan @ Jan 21 2011, 03:58 AM) *

I would say so. People judge by looks. However, we can cultivate looks by practicing being a genuine good human being with real values. Such as practicing giving is one of them. In other words, don't focus on ourselves and material things too much. This will only bring sorrow and suffering which do not help with our looks. What from the inside shines through the outside. Look at people with genuine appearance, they are probably very nice at heart from the inside.

I suggest Confucianism.

GaleHarold
QUOTE (PeterKChan @ Jan 21 2011, 02:58 AM) *

If that short and obese Asian guy has lots of money, he'd have no trouble getting girls. icon_smile.gif
avisitor

Why is being Asian a strike???
Please don't tell me or anyone else that being Asian is bad.
I'm very proud to be Asian.

As for obese, get on a diet and exercise. Do what you must to become a better you so you can have a better life
As for short, 5' 6" isn't so short ... you must make your social skill better and improve your humor
Confidence will come when you finally become comfortable hanging with beautiful women

Don't worry about what a woman is looking for ... Cause it really is you that they want embarassedlaugh.gif
ayar
QUOTE (GaleHarold @ Jan 21 2011, 09:34 AM) *
If that short and obese Asian guy has lots of money, he'd have no trouble getting girls. icon_smile.gif

Do you mean prostitutes?
samnang
money trumps all.

you could be fat, short, a registered sex offender, and missing all your teeth, but none of that would matter if you drive a lambo.
CheolSu
Fat weight isn't as bad as short height. At least you can diet.
LittleDeathAngel
QUOTE (samnang @ Jan 21 2011, 11:07 AM) *
money trumps all.

you could be fat, short, a registered sex offender, and missing all your teeth, but none of that would matter if you drive a lambo.

Yes because there will always be gold diggers.
ClassicalMusic
QUOTE (avisitor @ Jan 21 2011, 07:44 AM) *
Why is being Asian a strike???
Please don't tell me or anyone else that being Asian is bad.
I'm very proud to be Asian.

As for obese, get on a diet and exercise. Do what you must to become a better you so you can have a better life
As for short, 5' 6" isn't so short ... you must make your social skill better and improve your humor
Confidence will come when you finally become comfortable hanging with beautiful women

Don't worry about what a woman is looking for ... Cause it really is you that they want embarassedlaugh.gif

Confidence comes when you learn to accept who you are
ClassicalMusic
QUOTE (CheolSu @ Jan 21 2011, 10:18 AM) *
Fat weight isn't as bad as short height. At least you can diet.

I rather be short than fat
zomboo
Yeah that's a pretty bad set up. I don't think being asian is a strike, but if you start to act like the stereotype then it will perpetuate the negative image but that goes for any race. The fat thing takes time but you can fix it. And for the short thing...i'm not going to lie a short person might need to aim for someone who is shorter, but doesn't mean that's the rule because short guys can get taller women. But even if you had all these qualities (tall, lean) you still need to be funny and that's the most important trait I think. It's important because it shows confidence in yourself and it breaks down barriers and loosens people up. And when you meet a girl, in the beginning they're always going to be judging you, but if you reach her emotional side she'll start to take interest and stop thinking about how you look and start to think about what your thinking.
avisitor
QUOTE (ClassicalMusic @ Jan 21 2011, 04:30 PM) *

Confidence comes when you learn to accept who you are

Accepting who you are will not give you the social skills necessary to be able to get women to want you
Accepting who you are will not get rid of the nagging fear of rejection .. only practice in getting rejection will do that
Accepting who you are will not give you a glib tongue that will impress the girls

Confidence comes from you ..
when you have adjusted to the situation you are in and have become proficient at what you need to do.
Please no more of you rhetoric ... it is embarrassing to have to correct you every time embarassedlaugh.gif
Sisi
Not all womans views are the same.
I care more about how he thinks and whats in his heart.
Also I look more at his face and other things .
Height and weight is not a big deal to me, though Id chose a short guy over a very tall guy first.:p
Too much confidense is a turn off.It means he's just too good for love, if he loves himself too much, he has no room for love.
avisitor
QUOTE (Sisi @ Jan 22 2011, 12:10 AM) *
Not all womans views are the same.
I care more about how he thinks and whats in his heart.
Also I look more at his face and other things .
Height and weight is not a big deal to me, though Id chose a short guy over a very tall guy first.:p
Too much confidense is a turn off.It means he's just too good for love, if he loves himself too much, he has no room for love.

Yes, while all you said is true, ...
From a man's perspective, men make the effort to walk up to the women and cajole them to liking them
Men put themselves up and the women get to choose which they like best
So, a man wonders which qualities should a man have that will best attract a nice woman

Please don't say money or I will be very disappointed in you eek.gif
Sisi
QUOTE (avisitor @ Jan 22 2011, 07:32 AM) *
Yes, while all you said is true, ...
From a man's perspective, men make the effort to walk up to the women and cajole them to liking them
Men put themselves up and the women get to choose which they like best
So, a man wonders which qualities should a man have that will best attract a nice woman

Please don't say money or I will be very disappointed in you eek.gif

men should chose too
also they should have their own mind and stop treating woman like some trophy or curse and stop treating them like brand new cars and 2nd hand cars and peices of meat, we are not things, we are human beings.
If she's not pretty enough, they usually use her or hide her or throw her to the curb and bully her and sometimes she is a sweet girl.
Other times they chose a trophy a brand new car beauty and sometimes she's not really a sweet heart.Either way guys you chose and have your own mind, dont let your friends chose for you and be nice!and honest!but not too honest, be nice! icon_confused.gif
avisitor
QUOTE (Sisi @ Jan 22 2011, 03:22 PM) *
men should chose too
also they should have their own mind and stop treating woman like some trophy or curse and stop treating them like brand new cars and 2nd hand cars and peices of meat, we are not things, we are human beings.
If she's not pretty enough, they usually use her or hide her or throw her to the curb and bully her and sometimes she is a sweet girl.
Other times they chose a trophy a brand new car beauty and sometimes she's not really a sweet heart.Either way guys you chose and have your own mind, dont let your friends chose for you and be nice!and honest!but not too honest, be nice! icon_confused.gif

Sure some men do choose ...
And yes women are not a thing or pieces of meat
but some women are also guilty of such things??? Yes???

Guess the most important thing was .. if there was an attraction between the two people
No attraction then no romance .. no love

So does height or obesity have a deciding affect on women looking for a man???
Mona

i am not attracted to men with big belly

QUOTE (ClassicalMusic @ Jan 21 2011, 04:32 PM) *

I rather be short than fat

cool lol but if your short and you are a guy, you won't pull off wearing heels ( to increase your height)unless you a gay, or a tranny or drag queen.
If you are fat you can lose weight. duh2.gif
Sisi
QUOTE (avisitor @ Jan 22 2011, 05:23 PM) *
Sure some men do choose ...
And yes women are not a thing or pieces of meat
but some women are also guilty of such things??? Yes???

Guess the most important thing was .. if there was an attraction between the two people
No attraction then no romance .. no love

So does height or obesity have a deciding affect on women looking for a man???

Depends on her preference and geneology and other needs, everyone is different so would'nt their needs and wants be different too?
ayar
QUOTE (Sisi @ Jan 22 2011, 01:10 AM) *

Why would you choose a short guy, sisi?
ayar
QUOTE (Mona @ Jan 22 2011, 05:42 PM) *

Most men have some sort of a belly and not many have six-pack abs.
What is the cut-off point, mona?
Is it ok with you if he only has a three-month pregnant woman's belly? embarassedlaugh.gif
ClassicalMusic
QUOTE (Mona @ Jan 22 2011, 03:42 PM) *

cool lol but if your short and you are a guy, you won't pull off wearing heels ( to increase your height)unless you a gay, or a tranny or drag queen.
If you are fat you can lose weight. duh2.gif

People can be genetically FAT.
Mona
QUOTE (ayar @ Jan 23 2011, 12:15 AM) *
Most men have some sort of a belly and not many have six-pack abs.
What is the cut-off point, mona?
Is it ok with you if he only has a three-month pregnant woman's belly? embarassedlaugh.gif

actually i don't care if the man has a six pack, i never said he has to have a six pack but i don't find a big belly attractive.

Look at these guys for eample, they don't have a big tummy but they don't exactly have a six pack either.

http://image08.webshots.com/8/3/84/38/124038438LsZTts_ph.jpg

Would you prefer to have a big belly or a six pack? embarassedlaugh.gif
samnang
it's possible to be too tall.

if you're over 6'4, you're just a scary-@$$ mutant freak of nature and few chicks will want to bone you.

Sisi
QUOTE (ayar @ Jan 23 2011, 12:11 AM) *
Why would you choose a short guy, sisi?

It's not really the height I care about, Iv seen some cute short guys and also some cute tall ones.
I care more about the face and personality.Mostly the personality.
PeterKChan
Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Robert DeNiro, Sylvester Stallone, Michael J. Fox. They are not exactly your ideal tall type but many girls certainly find them attractive. Well, at least they claim. I wonder had they not been famous, would they attract the same attention from girls?
Mona
QUOTE (Sisi @ Jan 23 2011, 05:01 PM) *
It's not really the height I care about, Iv seen some cute short guys and also some cute tall ones.
I care more about the face and personality.Mostly the personality.

yeh who doesnt like a guy with a cute face
GaleHarold
QUOTE (ayar @ Jan 21 2011, 11:03 AM) *
Do you mean prostitutes?

Girls, whores, prostitutes, hookers, same thing!! embarassedlaugh.gif
Suijen
Height is very important for women, more important than muscles. Being overweight is okay, as long as you're tall.
ClassicalMusic
QUOTE (Suijen @ Jan 30 2011, 08:42 AM) *
Height is very important for women, more important than muscles. Being overweight is okay, as long as you're tall.

NOT ENTIRELY, MAYBE TO SHALLOW WOMEN
Najjiah
QUOTE (PeterKChan @ Jan 23 2011, 01:52 PM) *
Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Robert DeNiro, Sylvester Stallone, Michael J. Fox. They are not exactly your ideal tall type but many girls certainly find them attractive. Well, at least they claim. I wonder had they not been famous, would they attract the same attention from girls?

it is success & fame that make them attractive overall.
ClassicalMusic
QUOTE (Najjiah @ Jan 30 2011, 10:29 PM) *
it is success & fame that make them attractive overall.

What about intelligence and compassion
Yer
QUOTE (PeterKChan @ Jan 23 2011, 06:52 PM) *

They have good facial features (maybe not Robert De Niro). Some girls think Johnny Depps' are perfect. lol

Probably also has to do with the characters they play.
strongbad
QUOTE (PeterKChan @ Jan 20 2011, 11:58 PM) *

Girls dont like guys who talk too much, having an attractive face helps because you dont need to say a lot.

when you try to pick up girls, saying the right things is a turn on, but saying the wrong things is even worst than not saying anything at all.

Thats why some girls like bad boys, he maybe a bad boy, but its because some girls likes the way he looks, his attractive face is what makes her over look his negative qualities. If he was a ugly looking bad boy, she wouldnt even give him the chance to court her. His ugly face would not be enough to overshadow his negative qualities.
KojTusMeHavnim
If he's my height or shorter, I will not consider him. I would love for him to be at least 2 inches taller.I want a fit guy too because I want to stay fit myself. Fit = healthy.
ClassicalMusic
Shortness can be overcome mentally, it's a life challenge.
G2bmeena
I think obesity is more of a turn-off for me. And usually when a men gets married, MOST of them gets FAT. So ..I would have to go with weight. Because there are many of those HOT guys who are short. icon_smile.gif
ChinaHKJapanTW
I'd much rather have a guy with the height of 5'5" to 5'6" than a guy who's 200lbs.

I never cared much about height. The face is much more important embarassedlaugh.gif
chiuchimu
^ 5' 5" is very short for a guy. That's getting close to midget size.

I don't want a girl to be taller than me either. It just feels weird.

I've flirted with girls only to find out they stood up 3 inches taller than me. Sometimes ya can't tell when they're sitting! embarassedlaugh.gif
Gideon
grrrr....

QUOTE (chiuchimu @ Mar 22 2011, 01:18 PM) *

I've flirted with girls only to find out they stood up 3 inches taller than me. Sometimes ya can't tell when they're sitting! embarassedlaugh.gif

ClassicalMusic
QUOTE (Gideon @ Mar 22 2011, 05:39 PM) *
grrrr....

mentally challenged
ChinaHKJapanTW
QUOTE (chiuchimu @ Mar 22 2011, 01:18 PM) *

I'm 5'3", so I would be the same height as the guy who's 5'5" if I wear heels. As long as the guy's not shorter than me when I'm wearing heels, then it's ok embarassedlaugh.gif I dated a guy who was 5'5" before. I had no problem with it. His face was physically attractive =p

I do think I'm in the minority though. A lot of my girl friends want a guy who is at least 5'10".
LittleDeathAngel
QUOTE (ChinaHKJapanTW @ Mar 23 2011, 12:05 AM) *
I'm 5'3", so I would be the same height as the guy who's 5'5" if I wear heels. As long as the guy's not shorter than me when I'm wearing heels, then it's ok embarassedlaugh.gif I dated a guy who was 5'5" before. I had no problem with it. His face was physically attractive =p

I do think I'm in the minority though. A lot of my girl friends want a guy who is at least 5'10".

Wouldn't that mean Asian girls tend to go for white and black dudes more? o_o
Gideon
QUOTE (ClassicalMusic @ Mar 22 2011, 08:39 PM) *
mentally challenged

Just showing some displeasure over the previous comment bro. Lets not start some stupid online beef.
chiuchimu
QUOTE (ChinaHKJapanTW @ Mar 22 2011, 11:05 PM) *

Darn, 0ne inch too short! lol.

Now, you and me would look something like:

ChinaHKJapanTW
QUOTE (LittleDeathAngel @ Mar 23 2011, 06:28 PM) *
Wouldn't that mean Asian girls tend to go for white and black dudes more? o_o

One of my friends would only date a white guy. The rest are only interested in Asians guys. Asian guys 5'10" or over are not easy to find, but it's not too uncommon. Some of my friends have boyfriends over 6'0" lol

QUOTE (chiuchimu @ Mar 23 2011, 11:45 PM) *
Darn, 0ne inch too short! lol.

Now, you and me would look something like:

You're 5'9"? That's pretty good, you're taller than average Asians :P

lol nice picture. That's why I prefer guys who are around 5'9"-ish. 6'0" is too tall for me embarassedlaugh.gif
JakeCutter
I wouldn't base attraction or compatibility on height alone. It's not only superficial, but seriously narrows down your options (not in the good way, either). You might overlook an awesome guy solely because he didn't fit your height requirement.

And don't get me started on race preferences..
chiuchimu
QUOTE (ChinaHKJapanTW @ Mar 24 2011, 10:22 PM) *
One of my friends would only date a white guy. The rest are only interested in Asians guys. Asian guys 5'10" or over are not easy to find, but it's not too uncommon. Some of my friends have boyfriends over 6'0" lol

You're 5'9"? That's pretty good, you're taller than average Asians :P

lol nice picture. That's why I prefer guys who are around 5'9"-ish. 6'0" is too tall for me embarassedlaugh.gif

Yeah. 5'9" been that since High School. Back in High School, i was drinking milk hoping to slide my way into 5'10" .lol embarassedlaugh.gif
ReginaRae
I link height with authority. Therefore if I were taller than my boyfriend, it would make me feel as if I was somehow stronger than him, or I controlled the relationship. Personally I don't want to feel stronger than my boyfriend or that I control everything and he's my b!tch. So this is my personal reason for being more attracted to guys that are about the same height as me or taller.
melroseplace
QUOTE (ReginaRae @ Mar 25 2011, 02:48 AM) *
I link height with authority. Therefore if I were taller than my boyfriend, it would make me feel as if I was somehow stronger than him, or I controlled the relationship. Personally I don't want to feel stronger than my boyfriend or that I control everything and he's my b!tch. So this is my personal reason for being more attracted to guys that are about the same height as me or taller.

So you rather be your bf's b!tch then him being your b!tch ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.