Why does the world media criticize China so much on human rights when Singapore and China are both rising powers, yet Singapore has a much worse human rights record. Here are just a few human rights violations in Singapore:
1. no free media and access to banned material is strictly banned (much stricter than in China)
2. Secret police are everywhere
3. people get caned and tortured in jail. Also, they have the highest execution rate per capita. However Singapore is nice to women. They rarely get punished for anything
4. no freedom of speech
5. totalitarian state run by Lee Kuan Yew
6. men spend most of their young life (10 years including reserves) in the military where they suffer greatly for no reason. Singapore doesn't have any threats.
7. arbitrary detention with no causes
8. people are brainwashed by the PAP in a way similar to North Korea. They are taught that without the PAP Singapore will turn into chaos
Singapore even may have violated US sovereignty by burglarizing a human right advocates home. Here is the article:
Why don't human rights groups and the US media talk about the atrocities in Singapore? Are people really happy there or are they just too scared or brainwashed to say otherwise?