Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any smart knowlegdable person here?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Debate / Philosophy / Religion
OpenForum
or who care just talking to pass the time
OpenForum
I argue that space itself is part of the equation therefore have a internal working logical structure. So at least in that sense it is measurable by some mean or mathematical tools. It is obvious if we continue in a "line" we will not end back at the same "place" in infinite time yet the nature of time and space implies that there are places that have space but no time.
elleX0
QUOTE (OpenForum @ Jun 5 2011, 01:09 AM) *
I argue that space itself is part of the equation therefore have a internal working logical structure. So at least in that sense it is measurable by some mean or mathematical tools. It is obvious if we continue in a "line" we will not end back at the same "place" in infinite time yet the nature of time and space implies that there are places that have space but no time.

Utter Rubbish!
yiming2000
QUOTE (elleX0 @ Jun 5 2011, 02:33 AM) *
Utter Rubbish!

Is this an intelligent response? He asked for a smart, knowledgeable conversation.
You need to support your remark with an argument of substance to prove that he is an idiot.

Let me show you how.

To continue in a line implies movement. Can movement ever traverse space but takes no time?
(This is the first move in a chess game of logic. If he cannot answer, then it is checkmate.)
elleX0
QUOTE (yiming2000 @ Jun 5 2011, 07:58 PM) *
Is this an intelligent response? He asked for a smart, knowledgeable conversation.
You need to support your remark with an argument of substance to prove that he is an idiot.

Let me show you how.

To continue in a line implies movement. Can movement ever traverse space but takes no time?
(This is the first move in a chess game of logic. If he cannot answer, then it is checkmate.)

Ahhhh! All bow to the arrival of the smart knowledgeable person, yiming
OpenForum
QUOTE (yiming2000 @ Jun 5 2011, 11:58 AM) *

Let me show you how.

Yes and no, I watch star trek and there teleportation
GentleWind
QUOTE (OpenForum @ Jun 5 2011, 02:53 PM) *
Yes and no, I watch star trek and there teleportation

bowdown.gif Guru!
avisitor
QUOTE (OpenForum @ Jun 4 2011, 08:09 PM) *

space-time is defined by the things in the space-time continuum.
If you travel in a straight line in space then it is quite possible to end up back where you started since space isn't straight.
Meaning that you follow space-time in straight line but the space-time is curved upon itself.
Take for example, .. planets travel through space-time in a "line". The space-time path is curved.
Thus the planets circle the sun in orbits. Ending back where they started.
OpenForum
QUOTE (avisitor @ Jun 5 2011, 07:10 PM) *
space-time is defined by the things in the space-time continuum.
If you travel in a straight line in space then it is quite possible to end up back where you started since space isn't straight.
Meaning that you follow space-time in straight line but the space-time is curved upon itself.
Take for example, .. planets travel through space-time in a "line". The space-time path is curved.

Yeah it seem out definition of coordination is incoherent perhaps a cup of tea will resolve this matter at hand.
OpenForum
QUOTE (elleX0 @ Jun 5 2011, 12:33 AM) *
Utter Rubbish!

Perhaps so, what it is to you.
OpenForum
QUOTE (GentleWind @ Jun 5 2011, 03:03 PM) *
bowdown.gif Guru!

You are a philosopher with a stone I suppose.
OpenForum
QUOTE (elleX0 @ Jun 5 2011, 12:15 PM) *
Ahhhh! All bow to the arrival of the smart knowledgeable person, yiming

Why, this is utter nonsense.
GentleWind
QUOTE (OpenForum @ Jun 5 2011, 09:18 PM) *
You are a philosopher with a stone I suppose.

embarassedlaugh.gif
avisitor
QUOTE (OpenForum @ Jun 5 2011, 10:15 PM) *
Yeah it seem out definition of coordination is incoherent perhaps a cup of tea will resolve this matter at hand.

What are you having in your tea??
Seems you are opening your consciousness beyond normal bounds ... embarassedlaugh.gif
GentleWind
QUOTE (avisitor @ Jun 5 2011, 11:26 PM) *
What are you having in your tea??
Seems you are opening your consciousness beyond normal bounds ... embarassedlaugh.gif

Smoking ?
tangawizi
QUOTE (OpenForum @ Jun 5 2011, 02:55 AM) *
or who care just talking to pass the time

One moon shows in every pool; in every pool the one moon. all_coholic.gif
yiming2000
QUOTE (avisitor @ Jun 5 2011, 09:10 PM) *

Planetary orbital paths are not straight lines, are they?

avisitor
QUOTE (yiming2000 @ Jun 6 2011, 11:37 AM) *
Planetary orbital paths are not straight lines, are they?

Please define your straight line??
If here on earth you use a beam of laser light to determine a straight line
then in space-time, that same laser beam would also follow the straight line in space time ..
it just wouldn't look it from outside the system.

Think about an object following its inertial .. it would continue in a straight line unless acted upon by an outside force.
Gravity is often called a force but in Einsteins world .. gravity bends space-time
So, the object continues to go in a straight line in space-time ... it just doesn't look it from outside the system.

Yeah, it is a bit of a stretch. And, Einstein's world is not easy to grasp.
Like when you get smaller and smaller, there are more dimensions in the sub atomic world
An electron can get from here to there without going through the space in between the two points.
How? I don't know. It just can.
OpenForum
QUOTE (tangawizi @ Jun 5 2011, 10:49 PM) *
One moon shows in every pool; in every pool the one moon. all_coholic.gif

Hey are you japanese cool
yiming2000
QUOTE (avisitor @ Jun 6 2011, 09:57 PM) *
Please define your straight line??

A straight line is the shortest distance between two points. beerchug.gif

An electron can get from here to there without going through the space in between the two points.
How? I don't know. It just can.

I don't know how the Virgin Mary could give birth to Jesus either. She just could. embarassedlaugh.gif
avisitor
QUOTE (yiming2000 @ Jun 11 2011, 10:40 PM) *
A straight line is the shortest distance between two points. beerchug.gif
Well in space-time .. that could be through a worm hole where the worm hole starts in the other direction???
If you try to travel the chord of an arc then you will soon find that space-time will try to make it actually impossible to do
Why?? cause gravity bends space-time. And the shortest distance on paper isn't always the fastest way nor the shortest way

I don't know how the Virgin Mary could give birth to Jesus either. She just could. embarassedlaugh.gif

I know how she gave birth. But, I don't know how Jesus was conceived ... embarassedlaugh.gif
tangawizi
The legends on how these religious leaders are conceived are designed to awe. The buddha for instance was conceived by an elephant, and not his dad. Does anyone know how Krishna, Moses, Joseph Smith, Muhammad were conceived?

Anyways, we must have a section of our primordial brain that really ticks to the stuff about the realm of powers and miracles... juz like how parts of our brain signal empathy and for some, this circuitry is more evolved than others.
yiming2000
QUOTE (avisitor @ Jun 12 2011, 08:25 PM) *
I know how she gave birth. But, I don't know how Jesus was conceived ... embarassedlaugh.gif

I don't know either but it happened just like the way your electron can move without traversing space.
Anything is possible when we are impressionable and swallow things in awe.
It's ok to be stupid. Have a Molson. beerchug.gif
avisitor
QUOTE (yiming2000 @ Jun 15 2011, 03:09 PM) *
It's ok to be stupid. Have a Molson. beerchug.gif

You can be all you want to be. Have another Molsons beerchug.gif
tangawizi
embarassedlaugh.gif burp! so what were we talking about again??
avisitor
QUOTE (tangawizi @ Jun 16 2011, 01:01 PM) *
embarassedlaugh.gif burp! so what were we talking about again??

The boundary of the universe is in your burp ... embarassedlaugh.gif
OpenForum
Are time and space independent of one another? It seem modern theory suggest that they have some kind of relation or I misunderstood the model. So some how mass is related to time, maybe just nonsense but this is what I saw on television in relativity.
avisitor
QUOTE (OpenForum @ Jun 19 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Are time and space independent of one another? It seem modern theory suggest that they have some kind of relation or I misunderstood the model. So some how mass is related to time, maybe just nonsense but this is what I saw on television in relativity.

Yes, I saw the same thing. Mass affects space and time.
How? I don't know. I thought maybe you did?? embarassedlaugh.gif
yiming2000
Those who know are on the other side of the fence? embarassedlaugh.gif
avisitor
What about those who sit on the fence??? beerchug.gif
rockcrazyboy
In the Buddhist history, there once occurred the same question presented to Lord Buddha. He just answered that there is no profit to humans to know about boundaries of universe because we literally can't do anything related to those statistics. So, better way of spending time; go find out answers to things that are actually useful for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.