Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: forced seperation
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Hmong Chat
txoomsuab2
while watching this clip i remember what I've heard about a few days ago about this couple in Fresno who suicide because they could not get married do u guys still hear cases like this or have been in these situations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr-F-MNOE0Y...feature=feedlik
bioshock
Wow, forced separation still happens even here in the US? That's crazy, bet that's a teen couple. Only teens would be so influenced by their parents words. Yeah, about that movie...haha, same old recycled sappy Hmong storyline, it's always forced separation, war-related stories, orphan stories or infidelity. When we will come out with more intriguing stories, like say a suspense thriller, lol.
lilasiankid
I was expecting a swordfight at the end when the "Hero" soundtrack came on. icon_neutral.gif
qaib
cry2.gif
mythicalhealer
QUOTE (bioshock @ Jun 5 2011, 02:26 PM) *
Wow, forced separation still happens even here in the US? That's crazy, bet that's a teen couple. Only teens would be so influenced by their parents words. Yeah, about that movie...haha, same old recycled sappy Hmong storyline, it's always forced separation, war-related stories, orphan stories or infidelity. When we will come out with more intriguing stories, like say a suspense thriller, lol.

Yes, they were teenagers I believe. Sad because it was the guy's parents who refused them to marry. However, they were not against her, just against them marrying so young. They were just foolish to want to get marry so young and the parents wanted them to wait. They overdosed and died. Sad! waste too!!! stupid!
xaithoj
happened to one of my cousins about 10 years back. the old folks wouldn't let em marry and he tried suicide by taking a ton of sleeping pills. think he was like 18 or 19 at the time. they rushed him to the hospital and pumped his stomach and he made it, but they still wouldn't let em marry. he's married with kids now tho, but with someone else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.