Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did Japan yields to the wishes of the west in whaling?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Japanese Chat
phillipwong
http://the-diplomat.com/tokyo-notes/2011/0...uspend-whaling/

I can 't help but feel Japan is really submissive to westerners, and easily yield to their demand. I know that whaling, and whale meat means something special, and perhaps a source of national pride for Japan. I can 't understand why they should stop it just because whitey from Australia say so. It is almost like a slave nation to the west. Korea seems to be better. Korea did not yield to the U.S in the import of American beef. It seems any sense of pride, and warrior culture is dead from Japan. Now, they are modern slaves for western men. My friend say Japan is a masochistic nation, because of the high concentration of masochist type. I thought he is an idiot, but I now wonder if he is right. Any idea for why Japan always yield to the west?
devils666
Scandenavians Whale as well and they also hunt Shark, but they NEVER get backlash. Talk about hypocrisy from the west!
Norwiegians are notorious for Whale hunting:
chiuchimu
This crap again. LOL How predictable.

I'm getting to old for this sh!t.
walkout.gif
bear11
I think whaling is not their biggest problem with westerners, first Japan should remove foreign troops from its country. WW2 has ended 66 years ago , how long will Americans stay in Japan? embarassedlaugh.gif
phillipwong
QUOTE (bear11 @ Jun 22 2011, 10:46 AM) *
I think whaling is not their biggest problem with westerners, first Japan should remove foreign troops from its country. WW2 has ended 66 years ago , how long will Americans stay in Japan? embarassedlaugh.gif

Beyond the bull$hit PR. Japan is a colony. They will be there forever.
Gideon
Maybe the japanese target endangered species while scandanavians dont.
chiuchimu
QUOTE (Gideon @ Jun 23 2011, 04:09 PM) *

If you don't know, don't post. Don't go making up factoids.

Suijen
Have you Japanese considered whaling Green Peace?
devils666
QUOTE (Gideon @ Jun 23 2011, 04:09 PM) *

yeah, because those blonde, blue eyed scandinavians are ANGELS and japanese are a bunch of slant-eyed, black haired DEMONS. (sarcasm)
fireplant
QUOTE (Suijen @ Jun 24 2011, 10:09 AM) *
Have you Japanese considered whaling Green Peace?

You mean do this?

Nice job on that one. beerchug.gif
PTDTCH
Scandenavians Whale as well and they also hunt Shark, but they NEVER get backlash. Talk about hypocrisy from the west!

Are you sure? Have you seen the video about Massacre of pilot whales in Faroe islands on Utube and the reaction of people?
Its only natural that people are against whaling. Whales are intelligent animals and above all, they are endangered.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.