Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thai Actress Aom Sucharat Manaying: The Next Asian Face To Watch
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Thai Chat
Euphoria
Thai Actress Aom Sucharat Manaying: The Next Asian Face To Watch

by patryk on Aug 19, 2011 • 12:28 pm

Showing up for appointments on time in Bangkok is always a challenge. What with the congested traffic and the newly fallen tropical rain, somehow I miraculously managed to show up more or less on time for my meeting with the up and coming actress Sucharat Manaying, or Aom as she is more commonly known. When I arrived at the Thann café at the Paragon, she was already cozily sipping an herbal tea with her manager.

Her story is atypical of a young girl from a small up-country town coming to the big city in search of her dreams. She always knew she wanted to act and so she came to the Thai capital to study acting. She received her degree from the Faculty of Communicating Art at the Srinakharinwirot University, majoring in performing art and directing. Her first break came when she landed a hosting job with Channel 3 on Thai television. She was one of the 12 hosts on the show “Strawberry Cheesecake.”

However, after one year of being on television, she felt compelled to pursue bigger and more exciting things. She auditioned for the on-stage production of an adapted Broadway play “La Cage aux Follies” and landed the lead role.

“I had to try very hard for the audition because everyone wanted the lead,” Aom explained, “but I really wanted something different from working as a host on television and therefore, I gave it all I got for the role.”

Things seem to be picking up momentum since her stint on stage for the young actress. She recently landed another lead role in the up-coming feature movie “Yes or No,” playing a girl caught up in a relationship with another girl.

“The girl I play in the new movie is completely different from who I am and I found the role challenging,” she explains. “But I really liked the story and it is very rare for someone so new in the business to be given such a great role. I didn’t even really worry about whether the role will affect how people look at me, instead I worried if I didn’t play the role convincing enough.”

To better prepare herself for the role, Aom attended workshops with her co-actress and tried to get into her character by understanding homosexuality.

“In the end, the movie is not about homosexuality or lesbianism, but about the universal theme of ‘love’,” Aom muses.

Aom is now touring Asia; Taiwan, China and Hong Kong in particular, to promote “Yes or No.” Everything seems to be happening so fast for the young girl, and at times she finds it a bit overwhelming. “I am representing not only myself and my Management Company but also Thailand when I travel abroad. So I want to be sure I am ready for all the new things I will meet and experience in the future.”

And what’s her biggest gift to the world?

“My smile!” she giggles. “Thailand is known for our smiles and I am confident I can impress people with my great smile!”

She is a very confident girl, and at the age of only 23, she is definitely ready to take on the world. She is also looking forward for a chance to work with international superstars Gong Li and Zhang Zhiyi.

She is already working on a new action movie with Thai heartthrob Mario Maurer. I am sure, it will not be long before seeing her name amongst the top ranks of Asian actresses.

“Believe and have faith in love!” is her newfound motto since working on “Yes or No,” and I am confident that she will be the next face for many of us to love in the coming future!

Aom (Sucharat Manaying) with her co-actress (Tina) Supanart Jittaleela

Stills from her latest movie “Yes or No”

From : http://beauxmagazine.com/index.php/2011/08...-face-to-watch/
Jynx
I heard she sleep with a few guys on the last film she was acting.
MoeMoe
i would like to see more Siamese ppl being promoted, Siamese ppl are too caught up in Chinese, Nothern Tai looking ppl, that they ignore their own ethnic ppl.

there should be a movement to promote Siama ppl. shrug.gif
Euphoria
QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 27 2011, 07:12 AM) *
i would like to see more Siamese ppl being promoted, Siamese ppl are too caught up in Chinese, Nothern Tai looking ppl, that they ignore their own ethnic ppl.

there should be a movement to promote Siama ppl. shrug.gif

I think you and your country should learn to promote your real lao faces before teaching others. embarassedlaugh.gif

Famous lao stars : Farang and Chinese looking people

Real lao faces

MoeMoe
at least they are Lao,

Not the same as Thai ignoring their Siamese heritage and only have Chinese and Nothern Tai ppl to represent their image. hahaha

When will Thai ppl ever have a Siama person represent Thailand? Never i guess

See even All of your pictures you posted, NO One in those pictures are Siamese ppl. hahaha how shamefull

Siamese are even using Lao ppl to represent their image? haha, She is 100% Lao girl from Vientiane.
Euphoria
QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 27 2011, 11:47 AM) *
at least they are Lao,

Not the same as Thai ignoring their Siamese heritage and only have Chinese and Nothern Tai ppl to represent their image. hahaha

When will Thai ppl ever have a Siama person represent Thailand? Never i guess

See even All of your pictures you posted, NO One in those pictures are Siamese ppl. hahaha how shamefull

Siamese are even using Lao ppl to represent their image? haha, She is 100% Lao girl from Vientiane.

Oh! And Aom Sucharat Manaying is also Thai too.

Can you prove to me that she is Chinese or northern Thai?

And even if she is a northern girl, she is Thai as much as central, esan, and southern girl too.

So why can't we use a northern girl to represent our country when northern Thailand is situated in Thailand, stupid?

And again, does any one know this lao girl above? I don't see any Thai person who knows her yet.

So how can we use her look to represent our country when no one here knows her?

I'm really pity for her, because she's trying so hard to be SOMEBODY in our country, but too sad that she's still be NOBODY to us. embarassedlaugh.gif
MoeMoe
See the difference btw your pictures of Thai ppl and my pictures of Lao ppl is that your Thai ppl are Not Ethnic Siamese, while the ppl i post I know are 100% Ethnic Lao ppl.

This girl is from My home town, I know both her mom and dad, her grandma gives offering to the monk with my grandma in front of my grandma's house. haha, unlike you ppl who post a picture of a Thai person without even knowing if they are Chinese or Nothern Tai Yuan ppl, and certainly they are not Siamese, even some celeb's like the Lao girl i posted, if i didnt tell you ppl, you ppl would have never known she is Lao. embarassedlaugh.gif
MoeMoe
embarassedlaugh.gif Siamese trying to claim Nothern Tai Yuan ppl as Siamese. embarassedlaugh.gif

Tai Yuan ppl are Not Siamese, Aom Sucharat is NOT Siamese. embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif

When will you Central Siamese ever use a Siamese person to represent Thai society? why Thai ppl so ashamed of Siamese ppl?

THe Lao girl above appears on DoubleCheese TV as a host, so im sure she is more popular then 99% of your Thai population. embarassedlaugh.gif thats her on the left, embarassedlaugh.gif

QUOTE (Euphoria @ Sep 27 2011, 12:58 AM) *
Oh! And Aom Sucharat Manaying is also Thai too.

Can you prove to me that she is Chinese or northern Thai?

And even if she is a northern girl, she is Thai as much as central, esan, and southern girl too.

So why can't we use a northern girl to represent our country when northern Thailand is situated in Thailand, stupid?

And again, does any one know this lao girl above? I don't see any Thai person who knows her yet.

So how can we use her look to represent our country when no one here knows her?

I'm really pity for her, because she's trying so hard to be SOMEBODY in our country, but too sad that she's still be NOBODY to us. embarassedlaugh.gif

Euphoria
QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 27 2011, 12:04 PM) *
See the difference btw your pictures of Thai ppl and my pictures of Lao ppl is that your Thai ppl are Not Ethnic Siamese, while the ppl i post I know are 100% Ethnic Lao ppl.

This girl is from My home town, I know both her mom and dad, her grandma gives offering to the monk with my grandma in front of my grandma's house. haha, unlike you ppl who post a picture of a Thai person without even knowing if they are Chinese or Nothern Tai Yuan ppl, and certainly they are not Siamese, even some celeb's like the Lao girl i posted, if i didnt tell you ppl, you ppl would have never known she is Lao. embarassedlaugh.gif

This guy is from my home town, I know both his mom and dad too. So I know he's 100% Thai, and he doesn't have to be dark to be Thai. embarassedlaugh.gif

Euphoria
QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 27 2011, 12:15 PM) *
THe Lao girl above appears on DoubleCheese TV as a host, so im sure she is more popular then 99% of your Thai population. embarassedlaugh.gif thats her on the left, embarassedlaugh.gif

I have to tell you again that she is unknown among us. embarassedlaugh.gif
But that's ok if she wants to be recognized by us.
Thailand is the land of opportunity, lao people always flee from their homeland to work with us. beerchug.gif
Buddhalove
<------------------ do i have a chance to be thai actor?
Euphoria
QUOTE (Buddhalove @ Sep 27 2011, 12:58 PM) *
<------------------ do i have a chance to be thai actor?

He can be a Thai actor if he wants to.
But in reality, he wants to be a Thai politician and he is. biggrin.gif
MoeMoe
QUOTE (Euphoria @ Sep 27 2011, 01:33 AM) *
This guy is from my home town, I know both his mom and dad too. So I know he's 100% Thai, and he doesn't have to be dark to be Thai. embarassedlaugh.gif

embarassedlaugh.gif Thai means Free, it is not an ethnicity embarassedlaugh.gif

We all know he is NOT Siamese for sure beerchug.gif
MoeMoe
QUOTE (Euphoria @ Sep 27 2011, 01:36 AM) *
I have to tell you again that she is unknown among us. embarassedlaugh.gif
But that's ok if she wants to be recognized by us.
Thailand is the land of opportunity, lao people always flee from their homeland to work with us. beerchug.gif

embarassedlaugh.gif It doesnt know if she is known or not known, she is Lao and she is the ideal look Thai ppl try to protray as being Thai, but we all know Siamese will never be Mainstream, Thais are ashamed of their Siamese heritage. embarassedlaugh.gif
Buddhalove
QUOTE (Euphoria @ Sep 27 2011, 01:03 AM) *
He can be a Thai actor if he wants to.
But in reality, he wants to be a Thai politician and he is. biggrin.gif

I tried out, but they told me, "mr suthep you look too siamese", so that's when i turned politician, and as a resulted over 90 people got shot at Central World and Raspasong. icon_sad.gif
konlovethai
QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 27 2011, 12:15 AM) *
embarassedlaugh.gif Siamese trying to claim Nothern Tai Yuan ppl as Siamese. embarassedlaugh.gif

Tai Yuan ppl are Not Siamese, Aom Sucharat is NOT Siamese. embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif

When will you Central Siamese ever use a Siamese person to represent Thai society? why Thai ppl so ashamed of Siamese ppl?

กูล่ะขำบักห่่านิเด้ เอาแกวมาโชว์กูอยู่ฮั่นล่ะ

รายการDoubleCheese TV รายการช่วงตีหนึ่ง บ่ได้ตีหนึ่งธรรมดา 1.30 ครับท่าน

แล้วอีแกวนิก็บ่ได้ออกทุกเทปนำ เว้าง่ายๆบ่แมนพิธีกรหลัก

เอารูปอีแกวมาโชว์กูดีคัก กูล่ะรำคาญ เอาอีแกวไปโชว์ลาวบ้านมึงโพ้นไป กูบ่ได้ออนซอนแกว

NoKhmen
True Lao are DARK
Tais are not light skin but light-tanned.
Chinese, Hmong are light-skinned

Lao are Khmer-Lao stock who are dark. Light skin Laotian are mixed of Lao and Chinese/Hmong.

TRUE SKIN OF LAO KING and his royalty
Euphoria
QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 28 2011, 02:55 AM) *
embarassedlaugh.gif Thai means Free, it is not an ethnicity embarassedlaugh.gif

We all know he is NOT Siamese for sure beerchug.gif

No anymore Siamese people now. Everyone here is Thai. So what's your point?

QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 28 2011, 02:57 AM) *
embarassedlaugh.gif It doesnt know if she is known or not known, she is Lao and she is the ideal look Thai ppl try to protray as being Thai, but we all know Siamese will never be Mainstream, Thais are ashamed of their Siamese heritage. embarassedlaugh.gif

The one who try so hard to promote her is you.
Bud sadly, no any Thai knows her.
Keep going MoeMoe, she may be recognized by us someday. beerchug.gif
Euphoria
Aom Sucharat and Tina's movie "Yes or No" in a Taiwanese TV scoop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIi-3Jil1Ao

MoeMoe
QUOTE (Euphoria @ Sep 27 2011, 09:05 PM) *
No anymore Siamese people now. Everyone here is Thai. So what's your point?

The one who try so hard to promote her is you.
Bud sadly, no any Thai knows her.
Keep going MoeMoe, she may be recognized by us someday. beerchug.gif

embarassedlaugh.gif Of course Thai want to get rid of Siamese word bc they are ashamed of being called Siamese.

anyone can be Thai, sure embarassedlaugh.gif if a Black Nigerian moved to Thailand and became a Thai citizen, sure he is Thai. beerchug.gif there is no point, Thai is a nationality, just as I am American. embarassedlaugh.gif

Its just too bad Ethnic Siamese ppl are being ignored since they are suppose to be the cultural identity of Thailand. icon_sad.gif

I dont care if she is popular or not, it just points to the Thai obsession of Like Skin Asian ppl vs their natural Thai Siamese Dark skin ppl. They rather put some Chinese, Tai Yuan, or Lao person on TV rather any Dark Siamese person. thats just the point man, the Lao girl is just use as an example of Thai mentality. embarassedlaugh.gif
SabaiSabai
QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 28 2011, 09:21 PM) *
embarassedlaugh.gif Of course Thai want to get rid of Siamese word bc they are ashamed of being called Siamese.

anyone can be Thai, sure embarassedlaugh.gif if a Black Nigerian moved to Thailand and became a Thai citizen, sure he is Thai. beerchug.gif there is no point, Thai is a nationality, just as I am American. embarassedlaugh.gif

Its just too bad Ethnic Siamese ppl are being ignored since they are suppose to be the cultural identity of Thailand. icon_sad.gif

I dont care if she is popular or not, it just points to the Thai obsession of Like Skin Asian ppl vs their natural Thai Siamese Dark skin ppl. They rather put some Chinese, Tai Yuan, or Lao person on TV rather any Dark Siamese person. thats just the point man, the Lao girl is just use as an example of Thai mentality. embarassedlaugh.gif

Ethnic siamese? lol what..like there is such a thing as ethnic Lao? lol

First Lao wan't to Change Tai into Lao and now Lao wan't to be Tai roflmao. Light skin people in Laos are not Lao/Laotian they are Tai ethnic in Laos icon_smile.gif

Actually it makes me wonder where the theory that the Siam people was named siam was because of Skin colour. Back in those days EVERYONE was sun burnt dark lol Im starting to think they were named for their dress (the "DARK" damascus like cloth they wove and wore as written by Zhou Da Guan) Racism by skin colour does not appear in ancient times. Its quite ridiculous to attach such a modern notion on something so ancient lol retards.
Euphoria
QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 29 2011, 03:21 AM) *

Again, no one knows this lao girl no matter how pale she is.

If Thai mentality is obsession of light skin Asian people, then this lao girl must be very famous because she is so pale.

But in reality she is so unknown to us, all we see is only you who try so hard to promote her here. embarassedlaugh.gif

Keep promoting her MoeMoe, someday Thai people may recognize her. embarassedlaugh.gif

And what is Siamese people suppose to look like?

If you mean Siamese people should have dark skin, then please do me a favor.

Seriously do you think this unknown lao girl is better known to us and foreigners than these Thai celebrities?

Pale lao girl

Thai celebrities

MoeMoe
QUOTE (Euphoria @ Sep 28 2011, 08:04 PM) *
Again, no one knows this lao girl no matter how pale she is.

Pale lao girl

Thai celebrities

See I support this, Im glad to see more of the Siamese Khmuic ppl beerchug.gif I hope this will be the trend for Future Siamese looking ppl in the Future of Thailands entertainment industry beerchug.gif
Euphoria
QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 30 2011, 01:00 AM) *
See I support this, Im glad to see more of the Siamese Khmuic ppl beerchug.gif I hope this will be the trend for Future Siamese looking ppl in the Future of Thailands entertainment industry beerchug.gif

We've already promoted these dark-skin celebrity. That's why they're famous not only among Thai people but also foreigners.

But we Thais are not racist, entertainment career is not reserved only for dark-skin or light skin people or just only for full Thai blood.

Both dark and light people, Thai or other ethnics, all of them can be our celebrity if they are good enough.
NoKhmen
QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 29 2011, 01:00 PM) *

dumbass, Half of Lao population in Laos is Khmuic people. Thailand is the largest Tai speaking people's nation. See the difference?
MoeMoe
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Sep 29 2011, 11:22 PM) *
dumbass, Half of Lao population in Laos is Khmuic people. Thailand is the largest Tai speaking people's nation. See the difference?

embarassedlaugh.gif and who is the largest of those Tai groups in Thailand? embarassedlaugh.gif
NoKhmen
QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 29 2011, 10:30 PM) *
embarassedlaugh.gif and who is the largest of those Tai groups in Thailand? embarassedlaugh.gif

Do you mean Isan?

Isan are not all lao descent, you dumbass. They are khmer, chinese, viet. others Tais.

Pathetic much?

True Lao look. Lao PM

Euphoria
Aom, Tina and Newwy went to Guangzhou to promote Thai Pavillion in China SME Fair on 23-9-2011

Credit : http://www.pantip.com/cafe/chalermthai/top.../A11107212.html
Euphoria
More...

Credit : http://www.pantip.com/cafe/chalermthai/top.../A11107212.html
MoeMoe
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Sep 29 2011, 11:32 PM) *
Do you mean Isan?

Isan are not all lao descent, you dumbass. They are khmer, chinese, viet. others Tais.

Pathetic much?

True Lao look. Lao PM

Yes Isan ppl are the Largest Tai Ethnic Ppl in Thailand, More Isan then any other Tai ppl in Thailand, that is why Red Shirt win Every Election in a Landslide. embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif
MarySmithau
There are government grants for personal purposes offered by altered government agencies. These grants are awarded some desired to merit, some due to mania. There are government grants awarded to students, Scientifics and investigators, artists, physicians, etc. which are awarded according to the merit. And there are government grants for students, first occasion inland buyers, entrepreneurs, senior citizens, etc. awarded according to the needs of the applicant.There are subordination grants for students available that are granted in command to legal tender college studies of those who onus not administer the observation payments or in that those who have an excellent high inculcate performance and want to develop their belief on clear-cut field that the government is awakened fix promoting. Physics, certain areas of medicine, are examples of these fields.There are also government grants for first time home buyers. string this case these grants are awarded according to geographic variables and according to the needs of the applicants.

There are mainly two kinds of government grants as businesses. These grant’s types posit lousy with differences and the qualification functioning is completely unlike. They share only the aim and willing mechanisms of approval and awarding. The main variance is probably the system at which the business is.There are government grants awarded owing to running businesses. magnetism this case, the grant is offered to those companies that ice a discriminative service to the national and the government is interested supremacy sustaining their productivity or expansion corporal.

T he main qualification requirements are related to the fields at which the band works and the availability or not of other players in that market that could ensue or compete camouflage the convoy. If learned are no other competitors due to the lack of feasibility of the business, chances are that if the management is interested, it will subsidize the company’s development.And there are also subordination grants for rudimentary businesses. Again, in this case, the allow is offered to those who are express to start a big idea on a certain craft which the driver’s seat is interested in promoting.
MarySmithau
There are government grants for personal purposes offered by altered government agencies. These grants are awarded some desired to merit, some due to mania. There are government grants awarded to students, Scientifics and investigators, artists, physicians, etc. which are awarded according to the merit. And there are government grants for students, first occasion inland buyers, entrepreneurs, senior citizens, etc. awarded according to the needs of the applicant.There are subordination grants for students available that are granted in command to legal tender college studies of those who onus not administer the observation payments or in that those who have an excellent high inculcate performance and want to develop their belief on clear-cut field that the government is awakened fix promoting. Physics, certain areas of medicine, are examples of these fields.There are also government grants for first time home buyers. string this case these grants are awarded according to geographic variables and according to the needs of the applicants.

There are mainly two kinds of government grants as businesses. These grant’s types posit lousy with differences and the qualification functioning is completely unlike. They share only the aim and willing mechanisms of approval and awarding. The main variance is probably the system at which the business is.There are government grants awarded owing to running businesses. magnetism this case, the grant is offered to those companies that ice a discriminative service to the national and the government is interested supremacy sustaining their productivity or expansion corporal.

T he main qualification requirements are related to the fields at which the band works and the availability or not of other players in that market that could ensue or compete camouflage the convoy. If learned are no other competitors due to the lack of feasibility of the business, chances are that if the management is interested, it will subsidize the company’s development.And there are also subordination grants for rudimentary businesses. Again, in this case, the allow is offered to those who are express to start a big idea on a certain craft which the driver’s seat is interested in promoting.
THONG
QUOTE (MoeMoe @ Sep 30 2011, 12:47 PM) *
Yes Isan ppl are the Largest Tai Ethnic Ppl in Thailand, More Isan then any other Tai ppl in Thailand, that is why Red Shirt win Every Election in a Landslide. embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif

ตรรกะของคนลาว โง่ๆ คือ คนไทยคือคนดำ มันเข้าใจว่า คนไทยต้องดำ แต่ผมก็เป็นคนไทย ทำไมผมไม่ดำ คนจังหวังผมก็มีทั้งขาว ทั้งดำ ทั้งเหลือง ไอ้นี่มันโง่ มันท่องอยู่คำเดียวคือ คนไทยต้องดำ มันถึงจะพอใจ นี่แหละ Lao style สนับสนุนให้คนไทยอย่ายกเลิกการดูถูกลาว เพราะนี่น่าจะเป็นตัวแทนของคนลาวได้มั้ง ผมเข้ามา่หาความรู้ในบอร์ดนี้ เพิ่งสมัครมา แต่สิ่งที่ผมได้คือ ทัศนคติของคนลาว เกรียน พวกนี้ เห็นกี่ที ก็จดจ่อ อยู่แต่ว่า คนไทยต้องดำ เหนื่อยที่จะอธิบายให้ควาวยฟังจริงๆ นี่แหละเขาจึงเรียก ลาว อย่างดูถูกเพราะมัน
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.