Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello in Khmer and Thai
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Cambodian / Khmer Chat
Mitthapheap
just wanted to know why thai don't pronounce the "s" in Sawadee..as it is Written SaWas-Dee in thai, because in khmer the "s" is pronounced, Su-a-Sdei. any explanation for this?
NoKhmen
QUOTE (Mitthapheap @ Oct 6 2011, 08:23 PM) *
just wanted to know why thai don't pronounce the "s" in Sawadee..as it is Written SaWas-Dee in thai, because in khmer the "s" is pronounced, Su-a-Sdei. any explanation for this?

Thai language doesn't has final /s/ sound.

Khmer has final /s/, so you pronounce it as Su-a-Sss-Dei, same as final /s/ in English? It's really interesting.
Bingbing5555
Thai are too lazy to say the "S" part of the words now a days. I remember 10 years ago they used to speak with the letter S like in "Suwatdee." You see? Not only Thai history is turning fake, but also their greeting is starting to be fake too.
NoKhmen
QUOTE (Bingbing5555 @ Oct 7 2011, 04:14 AM) *
Thai are too lazy to say the "S" part of the words now a days. I remember 10 years ago they used to speak with the letter S like in "Suwatdee." You see? Not only Thai history is turning fake, but also their greeting is starting to be fake too.

Retard! Stop talkin lao crap, would you? embarassedlaugh.gif

Your ignorance about Thai and Lao language reminds me of Savan the Lao troll and fake Lao language guru. He said Lao people say 'Sa-wasssss-dee'. LOL That's too much stupid.
SabaiSabai
QUOTE (Bingbing5555 @ Oct 7 2011, 10:14 AM) *

lol this is such a retarded comment, but he does have some ground if he is talking about the modern slang, "Wadee" but this is only used amongst friends and close people or people with no manners icon_smile.gif

The second S in sawaSdee is silent. There are also many other silent letters in many words from Sanskrit and Pali. Its just a transition from the archaic old language to the new language.

Now Laos language on the other hand, is a younger branch of the language and has decided to completely do away with the extra letters and write everything phonetically. I don't think fake Lao can comment much on Language issues lol you don't know anything about this subject beerchug.gif
Bingbing5555
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 7 2011, 09:15 AM) *
Retard! Stop talkin lao crap, would you? embarassedlaugh.gif

Your ignorance about Thai and Lao language reminds me of Savan the Lao troll and fake Lao language guru. He said Lao people say 'Sa-wasssss-dee'. LOL That's too much stupid.

Cry me a river you big baby! LMAO!
Bingbing5555
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 7 2011, 06:21 PM) *
lol this is such a retarded comment, but he does have some ground if he is talking about the modern slang, "Wadee" but this is only used amongst friends and close people or people with no manners icon_smile.gif

The second S in sawaSdee is silent. There are also many other silent letters in many words from Sanskrit and Pali. Its just a transition from the archaic old language to the new language.

Now Laos language on the other hand, is a younger branch of the language and has decided to completely do away with the extra letters and write everything phonetically. I don't think fake Lao can comment much on Language issues lol you don't know anything about this subject beerchug.gif

Hypocrite! Talktohand.gif
NoKhmen
QUOTE (Bingbing5555 @ Oct 7 2011, 06:34 PM) *
Cry me a river you big baby! LMAO!

ai kwai panya onn embarassedlaugh.gif
Mangluang
If Thai pronounce 's' in sawasdee, it will be long to use for a greeting word.
Bingbing5555
QUOTE (Mangluang @ Oct 7 2011, 09:50 PM) *
If Thai pronounce 's' in sawasdee, it will be long to use for a greeting word.

It's not just too long. Thai are starting to be too lazy speaking it properly. beerchug.gif I'm starting to hear a lot of Thai short cutting when spoken now a days.
NoKhmen
QUOTE (Bingbing5555 @ Oct 9 2011, 08:29 AM) *
It's not just too long. Thai are starting to be too lazy speaking it properly. beerchug.gif I'm starting to hear a lot of Thai short cutting when spoken now a days.

The s is silent, same as the Lao s in 'Laos'.

what a laotard embarassedlaugh.gif
Bingbing5555
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 12 2011, 03:40 AM) *
The s is silent, same as the Lao s in 'Laos'.

what a laotard embarassedlaugh.gif

In English we say it "Laos". But in Lao language we say "Lao" But in both English and Thai language both seem to drop the first letter because of laziness. embarassedlaugh.gif
SabaiSabai
QUOTE (Bingbing5555 @ Oct 12 2011, 07:01 PM) *
In English we say it "Laos". But in Lao language we say "Lao" But in both English and Thai language both seem to drop the first letter because of laziness. embarassedlaugh.gif

In english is should be said as Lao

IN FRENCH IT IS LAOS roflmao you don't know the french language system. The french ADDED the S because its how their language system is.

Dumbass
NoKhmen
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 12 2011, 06:13 PM) *
In english is should be said as Lao

IN FRENCH IT IS LAOS roflmao you don't know the french language system. The french ADDED the S because its how their language system is.

Dumbass

biggthumpup.gif

Laotards forget that they are formerly French slaves. LOL

Vientiane, must be French word for Vieng Chan. I think they should get rid of anything related to French colonial, It's really disgraceful for the Lao. embarassedlaugh.gif
SabaiSabai
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 13 2011, 03:51 AM) *
biggthumpup.gif

Laotards forget that they are formerly French slaves. LOL

Vientiane, must be French word for Vieng Chan. I think they should get rid of anything related to French colonial, It's really disgraceful for the Lao. embarassedlaugh.gif

I had a history teacher many years ago tried to pronounce it as "Lay-os" lol I corrected her and said it was called Lao, then when we watched the video regarding the country, the narrator called it "Laos" as in "Louse" lol

We know who your really are. You and the rest of the world obviously don't lol
NoKhmen
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 12 2011, 09:55 PM) *
I had a history teacher many years ago tried to pronounce it as "Lay-os" lol I corrected her and said it was called Lao, then when we watched the video regarding the country, the narrator called it "Laos" as in "Louse" lol

We know who your really are. You and the rest of the world obviously don't lol

Lay-os sounds better than Louse. LOL

Laung Prabang, this word, r is silent. embarassedlaugh.gif
Bingbing5555
What about 'Bang c@ck' Bangkok? Or 'Fhukhet' Phuket? lol
NoKhmen
QUOTE (Bingbing5555 @ Oct 13 2011, 02:13 AM) *

I am Louse from Louse. LOL what a retard name. embarassedlaugh.gif
SabaiSabai
QUOTE (Bingbing5555 @ Oct 13 2011, 08:13 AM) *

Phonetically it should be Bang'gok not with a C. Westerners are retards for translating the name with a C lol you would understand if you could read the script. As for Phuket, Thai language system is not the same as the english language system. Ph does not turn into a F in Thai icon_smile.gif

score more for western ignorance lol
NoKhmen
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 15 2011, 06:30 PM) *
Phonetically it should be Bang'gok not with a C. Westerners are retards for translating the name with a C lol you would understand if you could read the script. As for Phuket, Thai language system is not the same as the english language system. Ph does not turn into a F in Thai icon_smile.gif

score more for western ignorance lol

I have a Pinay friend, she perfectly pronounces it as baang-gawg. biggthumpup.gif

Bingbingb!tch is real ameritard. I think he pronounce Luang Phra Baang as Luang Fa Bang. embarassedlaugh.gif
KitadelaBet
Hey bro.
I the beginner.
Taint is assured it,creative Blog..HERE
rihanna nude
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (Bingbing5555 @ Oct 13 2011, 01:01 AM) *

I think he though Laos people don't pronoun S just like what they trying to claim Cambodian as national identity in Khmer language. They just look at the English then they trying to proved!!! but it just didn't work with Khmer people too!!!! They are really got the mentality crisis!!
NoKhmen
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 20 2011, 08:19 PM) *
I think he though Laos people don't pronoun S just like what they trying to claim Cambodian as national identity in Khmer language. They just look at the English then they trying to proved!!! but it just didn't work with Khmer people too!!!! They are really got the mentality crisis!!

Hey, French slave dumbass, Don't you know the word LAOS is French? So Laos is pronounced Lao with silent s. embarassedlaugh.gif

Cambodia should make French's CAMBODGE as official name. CAMBODIA sounds very third world like COLOMBIA. badteeth.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.