Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sankrit-Khmer Insciption K1158
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Cambodian / Khmer Chat
KhmerBoi
Some Thai nationalism here have been discredit of Khmer and take a way of Khmer identity from the Khmer. While the Khmer believe that lost identity is lose nationhood for example Khmer say: Lost Culture is Lost Nation, Culture improvement is Nation Success. That is why Khmer-Thai always in fighting while they are talking about culture.

So below is some prove and situation of Khmer and Thai perspective of their culture similarity of both country.

Correction: Land of Thailand (los territory) (13th-20th)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0rlSexwyGU

Thai Though over there just like Thai nationalism here... Look at their comment on youtube
[...#

@honthnot lol it doesnt say "Khmer" that inscription reads "Kambuja". Your people have been changing the word Kambuja into Khmer for quite some time now. But the original sources all show the inscriptions as Kambuja. Like I said, there is no inscription anywhere with the word "Khmer" on it lol
KensaiZen 2 weeks ago..] So that is proved enough about how Thai Education System is.

and here Khmer response to them:

[..#@KensaiZen

That inscription (K1158) has 36 lines, 30 lines are in Sanskrit and the lower 6 lines is in Khmer. Thai Prof. Chirapat Prapandvidya, a Prof at Archaeology Faculty of Silpakor (Artist) University in Bangkok translated this inscription in English in the book named "The Journal of the Siam Society, Vol. 78, Part 2" in 1990. You will see the word "Sruk Khmer".
honthnot 2 weeks ago
#

@KensaiZen

That inscription use Khmer letter and has two languages. What you said is in Sanskrit, find in Khmer language. You can ask your friends about the Prince Udayadityavarman that written back to the reign of King Jayavarman II who celebrated Kalyansiddhi at Abhayakiri by prayed nine Avalokitesvara, you will see the word "Sruk Khmer = Khmer country". I think you should find this inscription in country, because it is in your country now.
honthnot 2 weeks ago..]

Okay let proved a little bit here-

Part of Khmer Language of Inscription K1158
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcb6Qih_piQ

Okay again the inscription of the K1158 of 11th century has 36 lines, 30 lines are in Sanskrit and the lower 6 lines is in Khmer was found in Sab Bak, translated in 1990 by Thai Prof. Chirapat Prapandvidya. mention about the word Sruk Khmer mean Khmer Land.

Okay let take a break reading a book tittle Thai - Cambodian Culture
Relationship through Arts by Mrs Charuwan Phungtian who is other Thai. ^^
http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/thai_cambodian_art.pdf

There is ton of the evidences to prove about Khmer Civilization both from Khmer Scholars, Thai Scholar, foreigner scholars acknowledge about Khmer Civilization. There is word recognize by Khmer and Thai scholar about the word Khorm which stilll refer to the Ancient Khmer. But some of Thai Nationalism Scholar believe that Khom is the ancient ruler of the Khom Empire, which somehow to western people, Khom doesn't exist, only Khmer or Cambodia as many people were led to believe.

So for Thai if you guys say that the word Khmer Never existed and the word Khmer was used instead of the word Kambuja, Yes you are right!! Because We did it since the 11 century because the fact is the word Kambuja and Khmer was use instead of each other even in the same inscription!!!! but if say the word Khmer never existed is WRONG but to say the word Khorm never existed at the time is RIGHT!!!!

For Thai- The word Khorm is refer to the Ancient Siam people who build those majestic temples during the Angkor period. and they refer Khmer or Khamen as Slavery. They beleive that the Word Khmer never existed before the France come!! IS the France who make up this idea to spit Khamen (Khmer) from the Siam. Note: Thai never care of what Cambodia perspective again that. They even believe that Khmer have never written their own history.

For Khmer- The word Khorm is refer the Ancient Khmer people (There are many words to call them self for example: Khemara, Khamarak, Khemari, Khorm, Khmer, Kambuja..)

The fact the word Khorm is Siam word to call Khmer in Kambuja (Cambodia). The Word Khorm divided from the word Khmer Krom (Khmer word: mean Lowland Khmer) as Siam is live in upper land among other Khmer. The word Khmer Krom also existed in Cambodia to call Khmer who live lower land present day in Southern Vietnam. Siam call Khmer who live among them as Khamen sometime Khamae. During the 19-20th century, the political view of Siam is changing. The new version of history was created to to fit to the new ethnic Thai. The word Khorm have been used to refer to the Ancient Siam who was the evil in the history to be the victim of the France colonize. This have to be done perfectly in order to change the whole Thai perspective about the own ethnic. while the word Khorm are still confusing for ordinary Northern Thailand. Some Northern Thai call Khmer Script (used in Yantra)as Khorm script but some say maybe is Burmese! ^^

There are many facts that show how Thai Nationalism have been learn not to find the unrealistic in those Thai History books and Textbook. They ignorance the truth. and impolitely discredit Khmer, take a ways their identity, And ridiculously saying why Khmer hate Thai? which Thai helping them a lot. and Thai even think that Khmer is their little brother.

The question is: Is that fair to the Khmer? but this question was ask internationaly and the result is Khmer in the last decade have been recognize through out the world for her Great Civilization which have been claimed from the Thai for hundred of years.

Khmer though the similarity of Thai culture to the Khmer because of the Khmer influence to the Thai and Thai have been influence aback to Khmer.
Khmer have been credit to many thing of what we have take from Thailand. a good example is the Pin Peat Orchestra which was believe originated in Cambodia but was loss and take it back from the Siem then that why Khmer people call it Pleang Siem instead of the word Pin Peat. Khmer watching Thai movie listen to Thai music and using Thai product.

Khmer Though Siam is Thief because of the their invasion and burn Angkor City, many wars with Siam and the lose of Long Vaek!!! But it is the past!!! to proved that is Khmer watching Thai movie listen to Thai music and using Thai product and that is all like or love.

Thai people though the similarity of the Khmer culture to the Thai because of the Khmer dominated the Khorm empire culture. and later live under influence of the Siam Empire.

Thai Though Khmer is Black people, fighting each other. Stolen their culture claim as their mind. Their hateness just appear when Khmer register more and more Khmer Culture to the word heritage the the world recognize that. But of cause their nationalism just used for gain some Thai political power only! and that is Thai political crisis!! and taking Khmer to involve with!!

I suggested Thai people should learn more about the truth and try not to be used by any Thai political!!! and Please pay some respect to Khmer race and do not Selfish!!
SabaiSabai
lol now if you were smarter then that idiot honthnot you would actually show the inscription instead of referencing a source which you can't show icon_smile.gif

oh that inscription. You mean the part where it says “A Brahman named Hiraṇyadāman, skilled in magic and science," was invited by the king "to perform a ceremony that would make it impossible for this country of the Kambuja to pay any allegiance to Java and that there should be, in this country, one sole sovereign.”

lol The inscription is pretty clear so you can probably have a go translating it with this http://www.ancientscripts.com/khmer.html

then go to http://sealang.net/monkhmer/ and try to translate it icon_smile.gif

Also, no one said it didn't exist. We said it doesn't exist in ancient history. There was no Khmer identity icon_smile.gif

I'll have a go translating it myself when i get h9ome. At the moment its looking as likely to spell sruk Khmer as your sig says Khmer lol 0%
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 25 2011, 11:46 AM) *
lol now if you were smarter then that idiot honthnot you would actually show the inscription instead of referencing a source which you can't show icon_smile.gif

oh that inscription. You mean the part where it says A Brahman named Hiraṇyadāman, skilled in magic and science," was invited by the king "to perform a ceremony that would make it impossible for this country of the Kambuja to pay any allegiance to Java and that there should be, in this country, one sole sovereign.

lol The inscription is pretty clear so you can probably have a go translating it with this http://www.ancientscripts.com/khmer.html

then go to http://sealang.net/monkhmer/ and try to translate it icon_smile.gif

click on this link

Do you see the word Sruk Khmer which mean Khmer Country?

This inscription is written in both Sangkri and Khmer language. the the paragraph which written in Sanskrit mention the word Kampuja and in the paragraph written in Khmer mention the word Sruk Khmer which mean the word Kampuja and Sruk Khmer refer to the same thing. Or you found it hard to understand this? ^^ I known you are!!
ladyboyfarang
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 24 2011, 11:57 PM) *
click on this link

Do you see the word Sruk Khmer which mean Khmer Country?

This inscription is written in both Sangkri and Khmer language. the the paragraph which written in Sanskrit mention the word Kampuja and in the paragraph written in Khmer mention the word Sruk Khmer which mean the word Kampuja and Sruk Khmer refer to the same thing. Or you found it hard to understand this? ^^ I known you are!!

wow!!!! this evidence will shut those ladyboys once and for all. beerchug.gif

it clearly show the word srok khmer in khmer writing.

the land back then is called Kambuja and the people were called Khmer.

thebest
QUOTE (ladyboyfarang @ Oct 24 2011, 11:01 PM) *
wow!!!! this evidence will shut those ladyboys once and for all. beerchug.gif

Old Khmer writes the word "khmer" like this ខ្មេរ with ស្រះ េ if you look closely you will see it, even Samdech Chuon Nath also mentioned that.

ladyboyfarang
QUOTE (thebest @ Oct 25 2011, 01:56 AM) *
Old Khmer writes the word "khmer" like this ខ្មេរ with ស្រះ េ if you look closely you will see it, even Samdech Chuon Nath also mentioned that.

thanks. beerchug.gif

is the inscription from the sdok kok thom temple?
NoKhmen
Is it fake?

sruk Khmer? It sounds very modern language. embarassedlaugh.gif
khmerpride
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 25 2011, 06:41 AM) *
Is it fake?

I am not an expert I don't have any investigations about Khmer History.
But for me it sounds convince confident enough.
NoKhmen
QUOTE (khmerpride @ Oct 25 2011, 06:04 AM) *
I am not an expert I don't have any investigations about Khmer History.
But for me it sounds convince confident enough.

You are Khmer in Cambodia? Would you write this Khmer text in Khmer? All I need is the last six lines. beerchug.gif

KhmerBoi
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 25 2011, 05:41 PM) *
Is it fake?

Sruk Khmer is not modern. We can find a lot of word Sruk in many Khmer inscription but it rarely used included with Khmer. but this inscription is used that word. the modern writing it look difference from ancient but We are Khmer in this generation still can read that word and see the difference so clear!!!

That is not fake!! that is real, hard to believe right??? YEs I don't push you believe it.. but again pls do your own research with non nationalism.

NoKhmen
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 25 2011, 09:15 AM) *
Sruk Khmer is not modern. We can find a lot of word Sruk in many Khmer inscription but it rarely used included with Khmer. but this inscription is used that word. the modern writing it look difference from ancient but We are Khmer in this generation still can read that word and see the difference so clear!!!

That is not fake!! that is real, hard to believe right??? YEs I don't push you believe it.. but again pls do your own research with non nationalism.

Most of Khmer inscriptions were inscribed in Indian Sanskrit, the language of rulers, Khom Varman. While the language of slaves (dasa) was Khmer. In Sanskrit language inscriptions always ONLY inscribed as Kamvuja, Kamvujadesa, no Khmer, srok Khmer. But in Khmer language, their were 'srok this' 'srok that' (varient cities), and only Sabbak inscript found in Thailand that crafted as 'srok khmer'. So what do these evidence tell us? It's obvious that there were different group of people; one is Kamvuja (the Kamvuj descendants), the rulers and noble class (Kasatriya and Brahmin caste) and the other groups, dasa or Khmers (the inhabitants, native slaves of the first group)

Can you write those old khmer text in Khmer alphabets? I need the last 6 lines.
SabaiSabai
hmm you are right that definitely is the word Sruk Khmer. Well done boys icon_smile.gif

Though this piece of evidence does not alter anything apart from the word Khmer existing as early as the 11th century icon_smile.gif I was actually hoping the name would appear during the period of Chenla or earlier as that would make life so much simpler.

The land was multi ethnic and that Khmers were present in the country as well as many other peoples.

However, it just further reinforces that the Khmers were the lower class people and that the rulers did not refer to the country as Sruk Khmer but the Khmers themselves did (the sanskrit inscriptions do not mention khmers but the Khmer inscription did)

If Sruk Khmer and Kambuja was truly interchangable, we would see it appearing in history with a much higher frequency. This would be the case especially since the shift in language meant less use of Sanskrit.

of course If I wanted to discredit this inscription it would be so easy as to just use the same card as the "Ramkamhaeng stele is a fake" card. How do we know that that part of the inscription was written in the same period as the sanskrit above it?

If the sanskrit inscription has 30 lines. How is it that the translation into Khmer only consists of 6 lines?????

I have my doubts lol but its a good find nonetheless. Keep up the good work.

KhmerBoi
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 25 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Most of Khmer inscriptions were inscribed in Indian Sanskrit, the language of rulers, Khom Varman. While the language of slaves (dasa) was Khmer. In Sanskrit language inscriptions always ONLY inscribed as Kamvuja, Kamvujadesa, no Khmer, srok Khmer. But in Khmer language, their were 'srok this' 'srok that' (varient cities), and only Sabbak inscript found in Thailand that crafted as 'srok khmer'. So what do these evidence tell us? It's obvious that there were different group of people; one is Kamvuja (the Kamvuj descendants), the rulers and noble class (Kasatriya and Brahmin caste) and the other groups, dasa or Khmers (the inhabitants, native slaves of the first group)

Can you write those old khmer text in Khmer alphabets? I need the last 6 lines.

In Khmer language most of the word from sangkrit spell with V was change to P.. it normal for example Aveavivea (wedding) changed to Apeapipea and there are more and more..

let me tell you that.. you seem really have really lack of understand of the Ancient Inscription. As I am not a professor I am sure that I will probably find it too hard to educated you about this. You should find that professor that he translate that inscription as ask him question he is Thai professor I am quite sure and probably can answer and re-education you about the history.

Again, ask me to write those text in modern Khmer alphabets, I think it pretty much a heavy job for me to do for you!!! I am sure it will probably just useless in the end for ignorance person like you!!

Again, we are not pushing you to believe in This but at least I AM KINDLY PROVIDED A LITTLE BIT PROVED TO ANY OF THAI WHO ARE NOT IDIOT LIKE YOU!!!
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 26 2011, 05:42 AM) *
hmm you are right that definitely is the word Sruk Khmer. Well done boys icon_smile.gif

Though this piece of evidence does not alter anything apart from the word Khmer existing as early as the 11th century icon_smile.gif I was actually hoping the name would appear during the period of Chenla or earlier as that would make life so much simpler.

The land was multi ethnic and that Khmers were present in the country as well as many other peoples.

However, it just further reinforces that the Khmers were the lower class people and that the rulers did not refer to the country as Sruk Khmer but the Khmers themselves did (the sanskrit inscriptions do not mention khmers but the Khmer inscription did)

If Sruk Khmer and Kambuja was truly interchangable, we would see it appearing in history with a much higher frequency. This would be the case especially since the shift in language meant less use of Sanskrit.

of course If I wanted to discredit this inscription it would be so easy as to just use the same card as the "Ramkamhaeng stele is a fake" card. How do we know that that part of the inscription was written in the same period as the sanskrit above it?

If the sanskrit inscription has 30 lines. How is it that the translation into Khmer only consists of 6 lines?????

I have my doubts lol but its a good find nonetheless. Keep up the good work.

Man, I suggested you learn more about that the Ancient Inscription. I found out that what are you saying is just so stupid man!! I guess you just a layman trying to be look smart!!
SabaiSabai
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 26 2011, 03:08 AM) *
Man, I suggested you learn more about that the Ancient Inscription. I found out that what are you saying is just so stupid man!! I guess you just a layman trying to be look smart!!

"of course If I wanted to discredit this inscription it would be so easy as to just use the same card as the "Ramkamhaeng stele is a fake" card. How do we know that that part of the inscription was written in the same period as the sanskrit above it?

I have my doubts lol but its a good find nonetheless. Keep up the good work."

Learn to read icon_smile.gif
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 26 2011, 09:22 AM) *
"of course If I wanted to discredit this inscription it would be so easy as to just use the same card as the "Ramkamhaeng stele is a fake" card. How do we know that that part of the inscription was written in the same period as the sanskrit above it?

I have my doubts lol but its a good find nonetheless. Keep up the good work."

Learn to read icon_smile.gif

Man, I mean this!!! "If the sanskrit inscription has 30 lines. How is it that the translation into Khmer only consists of 6 lines?????" Is that the research lead you to come up with in this way??? embarassedlaugh.gif
SabaiSabai
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 26 2011, 03:29 AM) *
Man, I mean this!!! "If the sanskrit inscription has 30 lines. How is it that the translation into Khmer only consists of 6 lines?????" Is that the research lead you to come up with in this way??? embarassedlaugh.gif

I think your missing the word "IF" perhaps your level of skill in english prevents you from understanding sarcasm.
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 26 2011, 09:40 AM) *
I think your missing the word "IF" perhaps your level of skill in english prevents you from understanding sarcasm.

Well Well, it just wasting my time here~
NoKhmen
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 25 2011, 09:03 PM) *
In Khmer language most of the word from sangkrit spell with V was change to P.. it normal for example Aveavivea (wedding) changed to Apeapipea and there are more and more..

Normally I use Kambuja or Kampuja. I used Kamvuja becos you mention the stone inscription, didn't you? On the stone surface, literally it's alway Kamvuja. Kambuja, Kampuja and Kamvuja are all same words. Everybody knows, what's the point? The point is all of them Kambuja, Kamvuja etc are name of Angorean Varman rulers, they named themselves as Kamvuja/Kambuja, not Khmer.

Dasa (slaves) of Kamvuja, names themselves Khmer, as we see in your stone inscription. K1158. beerchug.gif

let me tell you that.. you seem really have really lack of understand of the Ancient Inscription. As I am not a professor I am sure that I will probably find it too hard to educated you about this. You should find that professor that he translate that inscription as ask him question he is Thai professor I am quite sure and probably can answer and re-education you about the history.

Again, we are not pushing you to believe in This but at least I AM KINDLY PROVIDED A LITTLE BIT PROVED TO ANY OF THAI WHO ARE NOT IDIOT LIKE YOU!!!

crap.gif

Again, ask me to write those text in modern Khmer alphabets, I think it pretty much a heavy job for me to do for you!!! I am sure it will probably just useless in the end for ignorance person like you!!

WHY???

If you ask me to write Old Thai's Ramkamhaeng text, I can show you in Thai now.

What's your problem? Didn't you say you can read it? Aren't you speaking Khmer? embarassedlaugh.gif
NoKhmen
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 25 2011, 09:40 PM) *

Khmeboid lacks of English comprehension becos he is crazy now. embarassedlaugh.gif
KhmerBoi
Kambujadeśa (कम्बोजदेश; "land of Kambuja").
NoKhmen
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 25 2011, 10:47 PM) *
Kambujadeśa (कम्बोजदेश; "land of Kambuja").

It's Kamvujadeśa in Khmer stone inscription, not Kambujadeśa. beerchug.gif

Kamvujadesa = Land of Kamvuja
Kamvuja = Descendants of Kamvuj
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 26 2011, 10:58 AM) *

embarassedlaugh.gif
thebest
QUOTE (ladyboyfarang @ Oct 25 2011, 12:18 AM) *
thanks. beerchug.gif

is the inscription from the sdok kok thom temple?

Yeah, it's from there.

If anyone of you like to learn more about Old Khmer, you can click the link i provide below.
http://sealang.net/sala/htm/OldKhmer.htm
(I personally dont see any big difference between Old Khmer and Modern Khmer, just only the changing of sound and letters, most of the words are still pronoun the same.)
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 26 2011, 10:04 AM) *
Dasa (slaves) of Kamvuja, names themselves Khmer, as we see in your stone inscription. K1158. beerchug.gif

SabaiSabai
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 26 2011, 04:58 AM) *

Its an interchangable V to B. like the word Nirvanna is then changed to Nibanna.

No "V" sound in Khmer language.
NoKhmen
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 25 2011, 11:04 PM) *
Its an interchangable V to B. like the word Nirvanna is then changed to Nibanna.

Yes, but Khamenboi blame me on using Kamvuja, not Kambuja, even both are same word.
NoKhmen
QUOTE (thebest @ Oct 25 2011, 11:03 PM) *
Yeah, it's from there.

If anyone of you like to learn more about Old Khmer, you can click the link i provide below.
http://sealang.net/sala/htm/OldKhmer.htm
(I personally dont see any big difference between Old Khmer and Modern Khmer, just only the changing of sound and letters, most of the words are still pronoun the same.)

Isn't it from Subbak stone, not Sdok kok thom?

What's exactly the difference between the old and modern 'sruk Khmer'?
SabaiSabai
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 26 2011, 05:08 AM) *
Yes, but Khamenboi blame me on using Kamvuja, not Kambuja, even both are same word.

yaa daa khon bah, yaa wah khon maow.

Mun ben kwai, gor ploi hai mun ben kwai bai beerchug.gif

Though I think I need your help on something. If you wan't to help, can you find out if there is any Thai records of a place/kingdom called Khmerarastha (Khmer Rath) or a Unmargasila. Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 26 2011, 11:04 AM) *

-carp

No V sound in Khmer language?? Lolzzzz

Nirvana Khmer say Nipan writing with V but pronoun P that is mean it from Sanskrit/Bali.

Khmer Word: PingPeang mean Spider, PorngTea: duck eggs.........
RongVong mean circle, VongVieng: Confuse, Vieng: sneaky, Viang: Royal palace, Vore: Vine, Vea: it ..... there are tons of word with V and P.

QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 26 2011, 11:04 AM) *

crap.gif

Nirvana Khmer say Nipan writing with V but pronoun P that is mean it from Sanskrit/Bali.

RongVong mean circle, VongVieng: Confuse, Vieng: sneaky, Viang: Royal palace, Vore: Vine, Vea: it ..... there are tons of word with V and P.

SabaiSabai
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 26 2011, 05:16 AM) *
-carp

crap.gif

Ok there is a "V" in Khmer language. So obviously Kambuja is a Sanskrit word that is not interchangable with Khmer icon_smile.gif
NoKhmen
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 25 2011, 11:13 PM) *
yaa daa khon bah, yaa wah khon maow.

Mun ben kwai, gor ploi hai mun ben kwai bai beerchug.gif

Though I think I need your help on something. If you wan't to help, can you find out if there is any Thai records of a place/kingdom called Khmerarastha (Khmer Rath) or a Unmargasila. Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

Yes, He is ai kwai kamen. icon_smile.gif

The closest for Khmerarastha is เขมรัฐตุงคบุรี Khemaratha Tungkaburi (Kentung in Shan Burma)

Unmargasila, just don't know right now.
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Oct 26 2011, 11:21 AM) *
Ok there is a "V" in Khmer language. So obviously Kambuja is a Sanskrit word that is not interchangable with Khmer icon_smile.gif

See? you really crap.gif!!!
NoKhmen
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 25 2011, 11:16 PM) *
crap.gif

I think you meant 'W' not 'V'

embarassedlaugh.gif
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 26 2011, 11:31 AM) *
I think you meant 'W' not 'V'

embarassedlaugh.gif

We have 33 consonant with more then 45 sound. Some of the consonants could have two or three sound. Whatever V pronoun as View, heaVy, moVe or W pronoun as wet, one, when, queen we have all of them. វ pronoun as V and វ៉ pronoun as W

Here about Khmer alphabet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxMEi2wOITs Cheers for Khmer Language!!!
NoKhmen
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 26 2011, 01:59 AM) *
We have 33 consonant with more then 45 sound. Some of the consonants could have two or three sound. Whatever V pronoun as View, heaVy, moVe or W pronoun as wet, one, when, queen we have all of them. វ pronoun as V and វ៉ pronoun as W

Really? Is that old pronunciation?

QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 26 2011, 01:59 AM) *
Here about Khmer alphabet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxMEi2wOITs Cheers for Khmer Language!!!

I heard she say 'Maen' for 'that's right', it's same as Lao language.
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 26 2011, 04:45 PM) *
Really? Is that old pronunciation?

Emm it is not old and not modern it is a system which have been used in most Mon-Khmer family language!
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 26 2011, 04:45 PM) *
I heard she say 'Maen' for 'that's right', it's same as Lao language.

What Maen?? Emm anyways, Thai and Lao lauguage also got influence from the Khmer language and it also in return. it is normal when you hear some words are the same!!
NoKhmen
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 26 2011, 09:41 AM) *
Emm it is not old and not modern it is a system which have been used in most Mon-Khmer family language!

Do you pronounce V and W differently? That's new to me.

QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 26 2011, 09:41 AM) *
What Maen?? Emm anyways, Thai and Lao lauguage also got influence from the Khmer language and it also in return. it is normal when you hear some words are the same!!

Thai don't use it (Maen), only Lao use it. It's like you say, 'that's right; ok'. Maybe she is Lao? embarassedlaugh.gif

I also heard they said 'rean' for studying. I think that's the word that Thai influenced you guys. icon_smile.gif
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 26 2011, 10:11 PM) *
Do you pronounce V and W differently? That's new to me.

Thai don't use it (Maen), only Lao use it. It's like you say, 'that's right; ok'. Maybe she is Lao? embarassedlaugh.gif

I also heard they said 'rean' for studying. I think that's the word that Thai influenced you guys. icon_smile.gif

V and W pronoun difference according to English but for Khmer we have វ​ and វ៉​

Maen mean have or there is/are

Study we say Rean and always pronoun as Rean but the kid who learn how to speak will probably pronoun as Lean just like what Thai people pronoun it informally! embarassedlaugh.gif
NoKhmen
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 26 2011, 10:19 AM) *
V and W pronoun difference according to English but for Khmer we have វ​ and វ៉​

You have 2 letters to present /v/ and /w/ but you pronounce both of them as /w/. That's right?

QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 26 2011, 10:19 AM) *
Maen mean have or there is/are

Study we say Rean and always pronoun as Rean but the kid who learn how to speak will probably pronoun as Lean just like what Thai people pronoun it informally! embarassedlaugh.gif

Now Khmer drop all /r/ sound? embarassedlaugh.gif
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 26 2011, 10:28 PM) *
You have 2 letters to present /v/ and /w/ but you pronounce both of them as /w/. That's right?

Now Khmer drop all /r/ sound? embarassedlaugh.gif

As far as I read your response you understand nothing! My question is: Should I continue to talk to the wall?
NoKhmen
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 26 2011, 07:28 PM) *
As far as I read your response you understand nothing! My question is: Should I continue to talk to the wall?

Becos you are too stupid to understand the different of /v/ and /w/ sounds. embarassedlaugh.gif
thebest
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 26 2011, 05:28 PM) *

ខ្ញុំថាពួកយើងឈប់រវល់ទៅ វាគ្នានបានការស្អីទេ ចំណាយពេលអត់ប្រយោជន៍ ទុកគំនិចឲ្យអ្នកណាត្រូវការវិញ ហើយឲ្យគេនិយាយតែគេទៅបើស្អីយើងថាខុសទាំងអស់!
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (thebest @ Oct 29 2011, 01:24 AM) *
ខ្ញុំថាពួកយើងឈប់រវល់ទៅ វាគ្នានបានការស្អីទេ ចំណាយពេលអត់ប្រយោជន៍ ទុកគំនិចឲ្យអ្នកណាត្រូវការវិញ ហើយឲ្យគេនិយាយតែគេទៅបើស្អីយើងថាខុសទាំងអស់!

អ្នកនិយាយត្រួវ!​ខ្ញុំក៏សែនធុញជាមួយពួកគេនេះដែរ!!!!
NoKhmen
Khmer liar, it seems that Khmers have a labiodental approximant, and it's between w and v, not both w and v

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labiodental_approximant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_Khmer
KhmerBoi
QUOTE (NoKhmen @ Oct 30 2011, 07:51 AM) *
Khmer liar, it seems that Khmers have a labiodental approximant, and it's between w and v, not both w and v

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labiodental_approximant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_Khmer

វ is big sound group plus with ៉ then we got វ៉ becoming the small sound. Big or Small sound of ʋ. Whatever the fact, I never hear that Cambodian people have the problem when we speaking in English with w or v!!! ^^.
NoKhmen
QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Oct 31 2011, 12:30 AM) *
វ is big sound group plus with ៉ then we got វ៉ becoming the small sound. Big or Small sound of ʋ. Whatever the fact, I never hear that Cambodian people have the problem when we speaking in English with w or v!!! ^^.

The point is Khmer language has no /v/ or /w/ but a labiodental approximant /ʋ/. It's contrast to your saying that you have both /v/ and /w/.

You can pronounce both /v/ and /w/ when speaking English, that's good for you. Bu t I doubt that for normal Khmer speakers who never learn English.

Say the truth, it's just a linguist topic, No nationalist ego, ok? embarassedlaugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.