QUOTE (Mizz_Luv3r @ Nov 17 2011, 01:45 AM)
Some of the Lao members are confusing.
Some of you Thai members seem to be lost here.
1. Some of you claim that Thai and Lao people are are of the same blood line/Tai.
2. You call Thai people Jek keekah, but you claim to be Tai, which are southern Chinese people.
3. Don't forget that prince Fa Ngum had a Khmer princess as a wife, so there are some Khmer/Lao people too.
4. In Southeast Asia, we're all mixed. It's so sad to see our young generation with so much hate toward one another, and with so little information to go by.
Thai/Lao/Khmer/Mon/Viet, doesn't really matter. Are you still human?
1. I never claim Thai to be Tai. Both are two different entity.
2. It wasn't me who called you Thai "Jek Kheeka". But I did agree on someone else opinion about calling you ppl that. Also I admit I called Thai Kheeka in some other manners.
3. I have always accept the Lao prince married to the Khmer princess. Which I thank Khmer King and his people for giving us land when our ancestor were migrating into SEA.
4. I agree with you that we still lack such unity and undestanding. But you have to wonder who is the one creating such misunderstanding and creating such nationalist favoritism among their own country against its neighbors. Also you have to accept that ASEAN countries has different development stages.
Also watch that videos about Thai using Lao as an insult. That is the first step for you Thai to see who is the one in flamed.
I'm a person who isn't thinking in a small box. I see things more broader in the way it actually is the bigger cause that effect everyone and anyone.