Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Jay-Z really is part pinoy, vote
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Filipino Chat
filipinoy
I heard this a long time ago, but do u really think he's filipino?

this site said Enrique Iglesias, Jay Z, Rob Schneider, Lou Diamond Phillips, Tia Carrere, Chris Judd (J-Lo's second husband), and the artist formerly known as Prince are all have filipino ancestry

if he is, thats one lucky filipino(especially with Beyonce love2.gif )

pls tell me if there's already an post on this
Zelnom
Yes, but he seems to represent the Black community side though...
filipinoy
^ unlike Apl.de.Ap of the Black Eyed Peas
Kanlungan
Anyways. who(in this part of the Universe) stated that Jay-Z is part Filipino. I even have not heard him say he's part Pinoy. The problem is sme Pinoys claim that this "celebrity" is part Pinoy.
filipinoy
QUOTE (Kanlungan @ Aug 27 2005, 05:52 PM)
Anyways. who(in this part of the Universe) stated that Jay-Z is part Filipino. I even have not heard him say he's part Pinoy. The problem is sme Pinoys claim that this "celebrity" is part Pinoy.

so....who voted yes
Kanlungan
Not me. I didn't vote
filipinoy
for da ones who voted yes, can u tell me wat made u think he's filipino (like nose,eyes.. etc)
SCARR
confused.gif Don't understand why people make such a big deal if they are part of some other race or mix with it. Who cares. Thats my point of view. Is that suppose to show that your race is part of him/her and that is why he is where he is ???? Most mixed celeb don't really care if they are this or that. They just enjoying their life and making money.
transtic
I've also heard that Usher and a few others were part Filipino, or at least part Asian.. lol.. I don't know...
Cristiano_Ronaldo
WTH....I thought Jay-Z wasn't anything but African-American confused.gif I don't believe this guy is part Filipino at all.
Mangafan2
Probably made up stuff.
Erg0n
Not half. Maybe 1/16th which really isn't nothing/
filipinoy
QUOTE (SCARR @ Aug 28 2005, 07:39 AM)
confused.gif  Don't understand why people make such a big deal if they are part of some other race or mix with it. Who cares. Thats my point of view. Is that suppose to show that your race is part of him/her and that is why he is where he is ???? Most mixed celeb don't really care if they are this or that. They just enjoying their life and making money.

iono y ppl always make a big deal out of racial/ethnic stuff(may be thats how it is)

but i'm pretty sure most african americans have some mixed heritage

edit: i've found an older post bout dis topic
http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4759
Zelnom
Even if Jay-Z is part Pinoy, it probably doesn't matter. I mean, if he had any ounce of Pinoy pride or whatever, why would he name one of album - The Black Album? (Yeah, I know it could mean the color black, but if he acknowledge he had part pinoy, I don't think his album would have such a name).

Cristiano_Ronaldo
If I had 1/8ths or 1/16ths of some other blood, I don't think I would like to acknowledge it. To me, you can acknowledge it if you were at least 1/4ths.
sindaaay
um.. i don't think he's part, but i could be wrong.

it's called The Black Album becuase it's the LAST album he'll ever make. what does acknowledging being Pinoy have to do with the name of his album anyway?
PervertBurger
I like Sindaaay's skin color
filipinoy
QUOTE (PervertBurger @ Aug 28 2005, 06:25 PM)
I like Sindaaay's skin color

who's sindaaay?

EDIT: oh its one of the members embarassedlaugh.gif2
ronin
He doesn’t look like a “Blasian” as well as Prince. I haven’t met any people who are half black/half Filipino. But I use to have a friend in high school who is half black/half Korean and another friend in college who was half black/half Okinawan. Jay Z doesn’t look like to have any asiatic/mongoloid or mala features. His nose is big and elongate and he doesn’t have any high cheek bones. The guy on top of this thread from Eurasiannation.com looks to be “blasian”, maybe half black/ half malay. click here. I can believe he’s Filipino if other Fil-Am sites says so, but it’s probably distant or one of his parents is of mixed ancestry also. Many white and black americans whose family has been here since colonial times are like that.
ronin
QUOTE (Zelnom @ Aug 28 2005, 09:17 PM)
Even if Jay-Z is part Pinoy, it probably doesn't matter. I mean, if he had any ounce of Pinoy pride or whatever, why would he name one of album - The Black Album? (Yeah, I know it could mean the color black, but if he acknowledge he had part pinoy, I don't think his album would have such a name).

It’s probably because he grew up in a black American household in Brooklyn, New York not in the Philippines like that rapper from Black Eyed Peas who spent his early childhood in the P.I. or Lou Diamond Phillips who was born in Subic Bay. Currently Lou Diamond Phillips helps WW2 Filipino veterans get the veterans benefits they deserve from the U.S. government. (The actor is passionate about this issue). If Jay Z grew up in the P.I. or grew up in a Fil-Am household in the U.S., then sure he probably promote his Filipino heritage in his albums like Apl.de.ap. But I think he just have distant Filipino ancestry like Keanu Reeves who have distant Chinese ancestry. It’s probably just an afterthought for those two celebs like white Americans and black Americans claiming to have “distant” Native American Indian ancestry but I doubt they would go to a Pow Wow event to their Native American ancestor’s reservation.
TakTAk-Boy
NO!!!!...he has said it many times that this rumor is not true...he is 100% NOT part filipino. He even said in the radio HOT 97( yes the same station with the tsunami joke)..the single that he came out with where he mentions a half black-half filipina is about Foxxy brown. cool30.gif
Cristiano_Ronaldo
QUOTE (TakTAk-Boy @ Aug 30 2005, 03:11 AM)
he is 100% NOT part filipino. He even said in the radio HOT 97( yes the same station with the tsunami joke)..the single that he came out with where he mentions a half black-half filipina is about Foxxy brown. cool30.gif

So is he implying that he's pure Filipino or what? embarassedlaugh.gif I think Foxy Brown denied she was half Filipino or something. She just mentions that she's half black and Asian confused.gif
JuliusMariaLourdes
QUOTE (filipinoy @ Aug 27 2005, 03:11 PM)
I heard this a long time ago, but do u really think he's filipino?

this site said Enrique Iglesias, Jay Z, Rob Schneider, Lou Diamond Phillips, Tia Carrere, Chris Judd (J-Lo's second husband), and the artist formerly known as Prince are all have filipino ancestry

if he is, thats one lucky filipino(especially with Beyonce love2.gif )

pls tell me if there's already an post on this

Who cares if he's part Filipino or not? Filipinos who try to name celebrities as "part-Filipino" are simply shallow-minded. I've had experiences with famous people who came from my province in the Philippines. One famous singer - formerly a member of South Border - Luke Mejares was my neighbor - we even played ping-pong while we were growing up. He used to come to our house and eat adobo with me. He's pure Boholano, alright... born in Bohol and grew up in Bohol. I know his family and vice-versa - but when he became famous - he is very ashamed of our small town and whenever interviewed about his roots he'd say he's from Cebu. Oh My God! That's pathetic. From that time on, I learned my lesson. I would never claim any celebrity as my neighbor, as my former classmate, as somebody part-Filipino, etc. Now, if you start claiming this ugly, fat-lipped negroid Jay-Z as part-Filipino - you're in for some frustration. What if this negroid rapper doesn't own it up that he's part-Filipino? Would you friggin cry? So what and who the F cares? I mean, if he claims to be part-Filipino, that would be alright... but if not, then that should be alright too. It is totally up to him to claim his roots (whether he claims to be a chimpanzee before or not, who the F cares?). There are famous celebrities who claim to be part-Filipino like Allan Pineda Lindo of Black Eyed Peas, and that's perfectly alright. I know for a fact that he was born somewhere in the U.S. military bases in the Philippines and he came to the U.S. when he was 14 years old. But my golly, if he does not claim to be Filipino - what can you do? ha? You folks should let them be... it should not matter whether they claim to be part-Filipino or not. No big deal. Amen.
k3n5i
hmm i think this all started when filipino appeared into one of his songs with foxy brown... so then some are stating that jayz or and foxy brown are half filipinos
legimlugero
Don't freaking care if he is or not! cool30.gif
Zelnom
Foxy Brown is Half-Chinese/Black
Jay-Z is Black.

The End.
Erg0n
Foxy says in an interview with MTV, "I'm not Filipino and black ... My family is Trinidadian and Asian." Foxy's first album Ill Na Na went platinum, selling a total of 1.5 million units.  Her second album Chyna Doll was the fastest album to go platinum for a female rap artist.  She is the the first female rap artist to have a #1 album and is Calvin Klien's first female African-American model.

from http://www.mixedfolks.com/singers.htm
JuliusMariaLourdes
Ooops, I just found out that Jay-Z is actually half-chimp rather than half-Filipino. LOL.
TakTAk-Boy
QUOTE (Erg0n @ Aug 30 2005, 06:51 PM)
Foxy says in an interview with MTV, "I'm not Filipino and black ... My family is Trinidadian and Asian." Foxy's first album Ill Na Na went platinum, selling a total of 1.5 million units.  Her second album Chyna Doll was the fastest album to go platinum for a female rap artist.  She is the the first female rap artist to have a #1 album and is Calvin Klien's first female African-American model.

WTF is asian?!?....does she mean South asian as in indian?

@juliusmarialordes: That $hits is soo fukked up but i cant stop embarassedlaugh.gif2
JuliusMariaLourdes
This Jay-Z thing is half-Filipino? Oh come on.

I gotta talk "ebonic" (ya know the language of the negroidz) in order to be credible
I'm Jay-Zeez Poppah and datz hiza Momma mmmmaaah--->

So all you Filipinos trying to claim my son Jay-Zee is half-Filipino should now stop and and shovit in ya a**. end of story, aight? LOL.
filipinoy
so in conclusion jay-z is not half-ape, but 100% full-blooded ape....

ohh.... i forgot
JuliusMariaLourdes
I gotta talk "ebonic"

aight nigg*z peace out .......LOL
JuliusMariaLourdes
QUOTE (filipinoy @ Aug 31 2005, 10:05 PM)
so in conclusion jay-z is not half-ape, but 100% full-blooded ape....

ohh.... i forgot
JuliusMariaLourdes
I gotta talk "ebonic"

aight nigg*z peace out .......LOL

LOL. beerchug.gif - I mean, even if Jay-Z is pure-breed gorilla and he owns up to be half-Filipino through his own discretion - that is perfectly fine. But for Christ's sake these Filipinos should stop trying to claim him as one. (or 1/2 for that matter). Geezz. LOL. icon_twisted.gif
filipinoy
^he needs join the Gorilla unit

g...g...g..g..g...g..g-unit!!!
PepsiCola
^Ha ha ha^ funny

seriously though, all these stupid black washed filipinos need to try to stop forcing the issue that he's pinoy. Because he is not, he even said so, and he doesn't even look pinoy.
Zelnom
LOL.

So I guess to you folks, having Jay-z claiming to be part Pinoy is like wanting an Ape to claim to be part Pinoy?

Yo, I aint part pinoy, I am full ape beeootch!"
Zelnom
QUOTE (Erg0n @ Aug 30 2005, 06:51 PM)

Well, that description of her is quite funny. She doesn't claim to be Filipino and Black, but Trinidadian and Asian - what kind of Asian? Well, in any case, she's Half/Half on each sides right? Nope, she's CK first female African-American (Black) model representing that side of the community.
TakTAk-Boy
QUOTE (Zelnom @ Sep 4 2005, 02:22 AM)
LOL.

So I guess to you folks, having Jay-z claiming to be part Pinoy is like wanting an Ape to claim to be part Pinoy?

Yo, I aint part pinoy, I am full ape beeootch!"

nahhh..i think what my associates are trying to say is that jay-z and foxxy brown are ugly like gorrilas. embarassedlaugh.gif2

anyways i happen to like jay-z back in the day. biggthumpup.gif

BTW...no offence to any gorrilas who may be reading this. biggrin.gif
filipinoy
QUOTE (TakTAk-Boy @ Sep 3 2005, 11:43 PM)
nahhh..i think what my associates are trying to say is that jay-z and foxxy brown are ugly like gorrilas. embarassedlaugh.gif2

QUOTE (Some Gorilla Dude.....)
were not ugly madgo.gif, we get hot chicks all the time!!! naughty.gif  naughty.gif  naughty.gif

GORILLA PRIDE!!!!!
TakTAk-Boy
QUOTE (filipinoy @ Sep 4 2005, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (TakTAk-Boy @ Sep 3 2005, 11:43 PM)

QUOTE (Some Gorilla Dude.....)
were not ugly madgo.gif, we get hot chicks all the time!!! naughty.gif  naughty.gif  naughty.gif

GORILLA PRIDE!!!!!

Hey dint i say no offence to any gorrilas who may be reading this? sure.gif
FrenchVanillaNYC
QUOTE (transtic @ Aug 28 2005, 11:16 AM)
I've also heard that Usher and a few others were part Filipino, or at least part Asian.. lol.. I don't know...

Usher?? Nahhh. embarassedlaugh.gif2

And to all these people on here talking about "gorilla people" and whatnot, Jay-Z and Foxy Brown are both quite fu-king ugly.....Jay-Z moreso, but to have pictures of monkeys speaking so-called "ebonics" and making certain insinuations with that, you really need to tone that down. sure.gif
Don't slip and say the wrong thing. icon_redface.gif
filipinoy
QUOTE (TakTAk-Boy @ Sep 4 2005, 05:48 PM)

QUOTE (Some Gorilla Dude.... @ Sep 4 2050, 6:66 gorilla standard time)
ohh sorry, i'm really bad at reading human

GORILLA PRIDE!!!!
FrenchVanillaNYC
QUOTE (filipinoy @ Sep 5 2005, 01:58 AM)
QUOTE (TakTAk-Boy @ Sep 4 2005, 05:48 PM)

QUOTE (Some Gorilla Dude.... @ Sep 4 2050, 6:66 gorilla standard time)
ohh sorry, i'm really bad at reading human

GORILLA PRIDE!!!!

Ohh that's too bad, Some Gorilla Dude. Don't worry if you can't read human script, take it one step at a time, okay? biggrin.gif

Just know that if you can't read anything else, know this: don't mess around and say the wrong thing.

icon_wink.gif Okie.
PepsiCola
QUOTE (FrenchVanillaNYC @ Sep 4 2005, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (transtic @ Aug 28 2005, 11:16 AM)

Usher?? Nahhh. embarassedlaugh.gif2

And to all these people on here talking about "gorilla people" and whatnot, Jay-Z and Foxy Brown are both quite fu-king ugly.....Jay-Z moreso, but to have pictures of monkeys speaking so-called "ebonics" and making certain insinuations with that, you really need to tone that down. sure.gif
Don't slip and say the wrong thing. icon_redface.gif

Really pathetic how black washed fubu wearing flips are trying to claim all these black people as filipinos. When they don't even look filipino. Your all really embarrasing, why don't you claim your half dog as well while your at it. sure.gif
FrenchVanillaNYC
QUOTE (PepsiCola @ Sep 5 2005, 01:39 PM)
Your all really embarrasing, why don't you claim your half dog as well while your at it. sure.gif

Being half of a race should not be compared to being half animal, ejay. sure.gif
PepsiCola
QUOTE (FrenchVanillaNYC @ Sep 5 2005, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (PepsiCola @ Sep 5 2005, 01:39 PM)
Your all really embarrasing, why don't you claim your half dog as well while your at it. sure.gif

Being half of a race should not be compared to being half animal, ejay. sure.gif

of course not I was just making an example of it. Im just saying you should be trying to force the issue if you no its not true and not there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.