Pages: 1, 2
kunomchu
wtf? lol
slvrdrgn123
its definitely sumthin new, lol.
kunomchu
it looks like a remote control
static
after reading more about it...it does look like it has a potential to be really cool.

The controller for Nintendo's upcoming Revolution home console system is a cordless remote-control-like device designed to be used with only one hand. Two small sensors placed near the TV and a chip inside the controller track its position and orientation, allowing the player to manipulate the action on screen by physically moving the controller itself. For example, you could slash an in-game sword by actually swinging the controller from side to side, turn a race car just by twisting your wrist, or aim your gun in a shooter by pointing the controller where you want to fire.
kunomchu
virtual reality becoming reality!!!
kaizen
That controller looks like a really b!tchy for games like FPS...
kunomchu
fps aren't really good for consoles anyway. But I think this controller might change it. Imagine aiming the controller like you do like a gun. While moving with the analog!
ballbreaka
the design of the controller, as the Revolution itself, is not final but Iwata say that it's pretty close. just watch the DS from E3 and the final, for exemple.

"The potential for a revolution is there; Nintendo just has to lead the way with software. " - GameSpot.com

"The feeling is so natural and real, as soon as players use the controller, their minds will spin with the possibilities of how this will change gaming as we know it today," - Iwata

"We enthusiastically support Nintendo's next console because we believe their approach of continual innovation is very much in line with our own strategy of creating unique and innovative games for the next generation of hardware." - THQ

"Game control is essential - it's the area where perhaps the most game-play improvement can be made.While our portfolio represents a full array of titles across all genres, I think our sports titles might be the first to immediately take advantage of what this novel 'freehand' type of control has to offer." - EA

We're excited about the new controller and are looking forward to taking advantage of its innovative aspects." - Ubisoft

"Never underestimate Nintendo" - Peter Molyneux

"Praise for Revolution controller from Hideo Kojima and Square Enix."

Hideo Kojima himself!!! eek.gif

just watch the teaser of the controller!!! endless possibilities. eek.gif
ranmatatsumaru
that's a pretty strange-looking controller
IniTiaL V.
i wouldnt buy it
kunomchu
^ you rather play with the ps3 boomerang?
Pun
Remember if you don't want to play with the remote u can always put in your GCN controller. The video they displayed looked pretty cool though. Think of the possibilities icon_smile.gif
kunomchu
First Revolution game reveiled!!
static
I think I decided I'm going to get the revolution. The possibility of cool @$$ games intrigues me.
BukJoy
QUOTE (kunomchu @ Sep 16 2005, 12:34 PM)

lmao! nerds are already revolting against the control!

in my personal opinion, i hate the control!
stillarook
looks crappy. they should just make a regular controller like the ps2 controller or something
Mangafan2
So many haters, you should see what it can do instead of judging it by its looks.

It's a real revolution now, and as Nintendo said they don't want to be in the same battle as the PS3 and Xbox360..now they are.
kunomchu
QUOTE (Mangafan2 @ Sep 16 2005, 05:32 PM)
So many haters, you should see what it can do instead of judging it by its looks.

It's a real revolution now, and as Nintendo said they don't want to be in the same battle as the PS3 and Xbox360..now they are.

exactly its totally revolutionary. Nintendo is genius!
Talim
Hmmm interesting controller, well I guess it is something different.
stillarook
i think the revolution might fall just because of the crappy controller that seems impossible to handle at all
kunomchu
ppl said the same about ds. Now its pwning psp
Byron
The motion sensors on it are pretty interesting. If you were playing a baseball game, you could take the remote and swing it like a bat, and the game would detect it.

Or if you were playing a game where the chracter was using a sword you can use the remote and swing it like a sword on an enemy.

Or you could hold it sideways and turn the remote sideways to make it act like a steering wheel in a racing game or something.

Very interesting.
Suijen
^ Very awesome you mean.
Byron
I can't wait to play Zelda on this thing. On my left hand I'll be using the analog to move Link around, while on my right hand, I can use the remote control as a sword and swing the remote around to attack.

I got to hand it to Nintendo for actually trying to innovate unlike their competitors that just make the same system but with better graphics and not really changing the way that you interact with games.
Suijen
Maybe they'll make a bike game that requires a bike.
stillarook
seems like first person shooter in the arcade rooms, except it's first person hitter
driftheory
yes that is a weird controller but the N64 controller was weird as well and worked out to be the one of the best console controllers
Tweaked_!55!
I think it's great in that it's different but I don't like the look of it. But like with a lot of controllers you eventually get used to them. I wanna see some of the games.
Mangafan2
RECOMMENDATION

check this out: http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651...id_1249127.html

Try to imagine
stillarook
it could use some better design on the face if it wishes to be looking all new and alll........
kunomchu
still better than ps3 boomerang lol. Nintendo is about functionality. Who cares what it looks like.
stillarook
but it looks like it's making you lose your appitite on playing games!! that's what's wrong with it!
Byron
I personally think the revolution has the best look out of all 3 consoles. It looks like a mac ibook while the controller looks like an ipod. Very sleek.

stillarook
maybe it'll work even better if it can play dvd's too. the remote will be really useful around there
static
well they did say this is not really the final design but will be close to it. If they're going keep the remote look, they need to put some rubber grips on the sides to hold on to. I can just imagine a bunch of people having their controllers fly out of their hand while they whipping it around and having it smash into the tv or the wall breaking the controller or something else.
Z tha iLLest
I think it looks pretty cool. biggthumpup.gif I love Nintendo since it's the only one that is actually focused on gaming not like the others with how it's useable for DVDs. What I notice is alot of people around my age and lower don't know what Nintendo was like & how it cool it was back in the days to have one. The reason why I know is because I have a lotta brothers & sisters plus even though I was like 4 or 5 years old I played with it beerchug.gif

And I bet if sony came out with something like this everybody whose hating on it in this thread would think it's so awesome & blah, blah.

Anyway. I want it.
shiro
^ fu-king rights!
I lost alot of respect for Nintendo through the whole N64 (which I own) and GC (which my good friend owns, and yeah, there are a few decent games, but most suck) phases.

But this looks damn cool.

And hell yeah, if Sony put it out, everyone would think it's the $hit.
Trendy assholes!

icon_wink.gif

EDIT: What the fu-k? "Assholes" isn't censored?!?
kunomchu
nintendo is still cool

sony is overrated.
Suijen
QUOTE (kunomchu @ Sep 18 2005, 10:09 AM)
nintendo is still cool

sony is overrated.

They're cheap @$$ bastards that get lucky and exploit their fan base. They're like...they're like Japanese Microsoft!
sirgika
How the hell am I supposed to play the next gen Super Smash Bros with this controller?
kaizen
QUOTE (Suijen @ Sep 18 2005, 03:06 PM)
They're cheap @$$ bastards that get lucky and exploit their fan base.  They're like...they're like Japanese Microsoft!

I couldn't have said better.
kunomchu
QUOTE (kaizen @ Sep 18 2005, 05:03 PM)
They're cheap @$$ bastards that get lucky and exploit their fan base.  They're like...they're like Japanese Microsoft!

sony or nintendo?
Suijen
Sony. They're the only ones to make a console with only 2 controller ports. Worst system specs, highest price.
kunomchu
i bought a slim ps2 to get modded. now they reported that the new ps2s have a problem with their ac adaptors that causes the laser to burn out. Well since i modded my slim ps2, i can't get it refunded or exchanged. The warranty is voided. Piece of $hit sony...
Suijen
^ And you were all like "I love Sony so much, I wanna marry Sony, me love Sony long time, PSP yeah"
kaizen
QUOTE (kunomchu @ Sep 18 2005, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (kaizen @ Sep 18 2005, 05:03 PM)

sony or nintendo?

Sony...
supernovasp
I demand the change of title.

It doesn't suck. I like it very much cuz the motion censored thing.
kaizen
Well, that's your opinion...
AgentBach
Why does Nintendo controllers get more and more retarded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.